ML512
Fantasy
54th
|
KirkChandler
Fantasy
278th
9/3/2018 8:01pm
So does he take Plessinger's spot at Star? Or does Mitch have a 5th bike for him?
Tarz483
Fantasy
665th
9/3/2018 8:09pm
Sad State of the moto world Right now When some one of his Caliber cant find a Ride , not everyone can winA championship or else we Need a lot more series's in a year.
kiwifan
9/3/2018 8:35pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 8:37pm
So does he take Plessinger's spot at Star? Or does Mitch have a 5th bike for him?
I thought he had a deal on orange or red bikes? If Brian Bogers doesnt stay healthy he might have a ride there.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/3/2018 9:23pm
kiwifan wrote:
I thought he had a deal on orange or red bikes? If Brian Bogers doesnt stay healthy he might have a ride there.
Interview doesn’t shed much positive light on staying in GPs, he made a US go sound more likely and I’ve heard a few people mention him reaching out to different teams and brands here.

The Shop

Gukamonster
9/3/2018 9:48pm
That kind of sucks where you can dominate the MXDN and go 1-1 against the best in the world, then 11 months later have nothing. Doubt he has nothing though, probably just not any offers that match up to what he thinks he`s worth.
kiwifan
9/3/2018 9:57pm
kiwifan wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Interview doesn’t shed much positive light on staying in GPs, he made a US go sound more likely and I’ve heard a few people mention him...
Interview doesn’t shed much positive light on staying in GPs, he made a US go sound more likely and I’ve heard a few people mention him reaching out to different teams and brands here.
true, it doesnt...I reckon he would do very well here...
9/3/2018 10:14pm
It's definitely a shame, but Europes loss is America's gain, it will make me have a closer interest in both supercross and the nationals.
But I have a feeling he might be in negotiations with a Euro team and perhaps angling for a better offer??
9/3/2018 10:37pm
It's definitely a shame, but Europes loss is America's gain, it will make me have a closer interest in both supercross and the nationals. But I...
It's definitely a shame, but Europes loss is America's gain, it will make me have a closer interest in both supercross and the nationals.
But I have a feeling he might be in negotiations with a Euro team and perhaps angling for a better offer??
Australia Yamaha ?
Ray_MXS
9/3/2018 10:59pm
What a world we're living in when a guy like Max can't get a proper ride. One of the few capable of podiums and running with the top and probably has one of the highest ceiling.

I understand fully if he doesn't wanna take an offer from the likes of Assomotor. He's better than that honestly and it will only hurt his career even more beeing on a bike that's not competitive
Deetsmx
9/3/2018 11:32pm
Should go to JGR, Reed for SX and Anstie outdoors.
9/3/2018 11:51pm
kiwifan wrote:
Not gonna happen. The owner of HSF brought a lot of money to HRC to get Bogers (and Vlaanderen) a ride. So whatever happens, Bogers will ride that HRC bike next year. He is even gonna try and ride the last two GP's in Assen and Imola I heard.
Cortami79
9/3/2018 11:58pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
What a world we're living in when a guy like Max can't get a proper ride. One of the few capable of podiums and running with...
What a world we're living in when a guy like Max can't get a proper ride. One of the few capable of podiums and running with the top and probably has one of the highest ceiling.

I understand fully if he doesn't wanna take an offer from the likes of Assomotor. He's better than that honestly and it will only hurt his career even more beeing on a bike that's not competitive
This. That concussion hurt him at the beginning of the year, but after that he really showed some good speed and had a few podiums. Then you see certain riders having a factory ride they paid for.
Ray_MXS
9/4/2018 12:04am
Ray_MXS wrote:
What a world we're living in when a guy like Max can't get a proper ride. One of the few capable of podiums and running with...

Cortami79 wrote:
This. That concussion hurt him at the beginning of the year, but after that he really showed some good speed and had a few podiums. Then...
This. That concussion hurt him at the beginning of the year, but after that he really showed some good speed and had a few podiums. Then you see certain riders having a factory ride they paid for.
Yeah Julien Lieber did "fine" but not worthy of a full fledged factory ride. But that Bogers bought his way in as Honda really bugs me. He was never really that good in mx2 and to take up one of the factory spots like that.
Cortami79
9/4/2018 12:33am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Yeah Julien Lieber did "fine" but not worthy of a full fledged factory ride. But that Bogers bought his way in as Honda really bugs me...
Yeah Julien Lieber did "fine" but not worthy of a full fledged factory ride. But that Bogers bought his way in as Honda really bugs me. He was never really that good in mx2 and to take up one of the factory spots like that.
I believe that was a demand from HSF as they are a title sponsor for HRC since this year. + He had a contract with HSF KTM at that moment
mwr
9/4/2018 12:57am
Deetsmx wrote:
Should go to JGR, Reed for SX and Anstie outdoors.
Have to say, I like that idea.
9/4/2018 2:15am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Yeah Julien Lieber did "fine" but not worthy of a full fledged factory ride. But that Bogers bought his way in as Honda really bugs me...
Well say what you want but he took podiums in MX2 while he was 1 of the biggest (and heaviest) riders on a 250 and in a time Herlings, Seewer, Anstie, Ferrandis and more big names raced MX2.
And besides that, he was pretty consistent and injury free... I think that in 2 years on a 450 he can be a top5 guy.

Other than that, the age rule is beginning to demand his toll now. The MXGP-class is now so stacked that even riders like Anstie, Van Horebeek and Paulin are having problems to find a decent spot. And it will only get worse with guys like Jonass and moving up. That is really a VERY bad thing for the sport.
I personally think that guys like Butron and Coldenhoff and some more don't even wanna ride a 450 if they have the possibility to choose, but rather stayed on a 250.
flymoto
9/4/2018 2:21am
That’s crappy news. I don’t understand why husky arnt keeping him on? Really hope he doesn’t go down the same route as Nagl when leaving him. Went to tm and not even heard his name mentioned this year, which is crazy to think he was pushing for a championship a few years ago. Highs and lows on Motocross. It’s on its arse at the moment, just not enough decent bikes to go round. We lost Suzuki which was a blow aswel
Paul333
9/4/2018 2:29am
Not gonna happen. The owner of HSF brought a lot of money to HRC to get Bogers (and Vlaanderen) a ride. So whatever happens, Bogers will...
Not gonna happen. The owner of HSF brought a lot of money to HRC to get Bogers (and Vlaanderen) a ride. So whatever happens, Bogers will ride that HRC bike next year. He is even gonna try and ride the last two GP's in Assen and Imola I heard.
Exactly, nobody else is getting the HRC ride when HSF has already bought it.
DoubleA
9/4/2018 2:33am
If he does go back to america is he able to race 250 again? Would he drop to 250 if aloud or stay 450?
Cortami79
9/4/2018 2:40am
DoubleA wrote:
If he does go back to america is he able to race 250 again? Would he drop to 250 if aloud or stay 450?
Listen to the interview Smile He told that he will ride whatever comes up, 250/450. But only if the bike is capable of winning races
roninho
9/4/2018 3:03am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Imo both did not deserve a MXGP factory ride. Lieber's last 3 years in MX2 were 6th, injured and 6th. Bogers results were 11th, 6th and 8th. Lieber got more podium finishes, but is also older (he had to move up due to the age rule, Bogers didnt).
roninho
9/4/2018 3:05am
Well say what you want but he took podiums in MX2 while he was 1 of the biggest (and heaviest) riders on a 250 and in...
Well say what you want but he took podiums in MX2 while he was 1 of the biggest (and heaviest) riders on a 250 and in a time Herlings, Seewer, Anstie, Ferrandis and more big names raced MX2.
And besides that, he was pretty consistent and injury free... I think that in 2 years on a 450 he can be a top5 guy.

Other than that, the age rule is beginning to demand his toll now. The MXGP-class is now so stacked that even riders like Anstie, Van Horebeek and Paulin are having problems to find a decent spot. And it will only get worse with guys like Jonass and moving up. That is really a VERY bad thing for the sport.
I personally think that guys like Butron and Coldenhoff and some more don't even wanna ride a 450 if they have the possibility to choose, but rather stayed on a 250.
Actually i read an interview with Coldenhoff (must be like 2 years ago) were he stated that now that he was used to the 450 he didn't want to move back.

But anyway, i think in general many riders would be more then happy to race 250's if they got a good ride.
ehr400
9/4/2018 3:42am
Wow, surprised none of the usual Euro experts thinking he should take Eli or Kenny's ride because of a muddy MXDN last year...
Ray_MXS
9/4/2018 3:51am
ehr400 wrote:
Wow, surprised none of the usual Euro experts thinking he should take Eli or Kenny's ride because of a muddy MXDN last year...
Go away
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
9/4/2018 3:54am
ehr400 wrote:
Speaks more about you making that kind of comment
9/4/2018 5:31am
I hope he gets a good 450 ride here. I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the podium quite a bit outdoors.
kkawboy14
9/4/2018 5:49am
I would only pay for a rider that had a good shot at being top 3 if I was a sponsor.

Riders buying rides and being slow will kill the MXGPs
themrtoad
9/4/2018 6:05am
YS has a fantastic businessmodel. Trackowners pay to get a race, the teams pay to take part, the riders pay to get a team, and people pay to watch it.

The rewards are small, the risks are huge for anyone except YS.

It's a sad state of the sport, and it's equally messed up in the US the only difference is that you can change YS for their promotors of MX and SX.

MX is such a small sport, so the teams/companies rather bring in a wealthy 2nd rider instead of going for the best available, because ROI is probably too low on all racing activities.
make1go
9/4/2018 6:19am
themrtoad wrote:
YS has a fantastic businessmodel. Trackowners pay to get a race, the teams pay to take part, the riders pay to get a team, and people...
YS has a fantastic businessmodel. Trackowners pay to get a race, the teams pay to take part, the riders pay to get a team, and people pay to watch it.

The rewards are small, the risks are huge for anyone except YS.

It's a sad state of the sport, and it's equally messed up in the US the only difference is that you can change YS for their promotors of MX and SX.

MX is such a small sport, so the teams/companies rather bring in a wealthy 2nd rider instead of going for the best available, because ROI is probably too low on all racing activities.
× 1000..
but like most sports if theres money to be made AND power, it gets infiltrated and eventually run by some socio/psyco path...

Post a reply to: Max Anstie "There doesn't seem to be anything in Europe for me..."

The Latest