Max Anstie Signs with Firepower Honda | Will Race Red Bud

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2022 6:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2022 6:56 AM

Max Anstie has signed a multi-year deal with the Firepower Honda team. He'll be lining up for a few Pro Motocross Nationals, starting this weekend at Red Bud. From there, we expect him to lineup for the upcoming World Supercross series aboard a 250 and possibly the Australian Supercross series as well, ahead of the 2023 250 East Cost Supercross Championship.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Vital MX (@vitalmx)

“Being competitive is always my priority and I know that Fire Power Honda can give me what I need to chase my goals in the USA,” Anstie commented. “The first month with the team has been great and I cannot wait to get behind the gate at RedBud. It will be a great opportunity to show just how much work we have done!”

“Max was on our radar from the very start – his success in Europe speaks for itself,” said Martin Davalos, Fire Power Honda team manager. “Winning his class at the Motocross of Nations speaks to his talent and potential.

“Providing a platform for him to succeed in the United States is our priority now. We are entering the next three rounds of Pro Motocross with realistic goals, yet we know that he has already got the speed to be comfortably inside of the top 10.”
|

6/28/2022 6:56 AM

I know he did some factory connection testing at southwick about two weeks ago, curious how he does compared to the Suzuki. Expected more speed last year when he’s normally so good in sand

|

6/28/2022 7:00 AM

I wonder why he didn’t sign with the WPS team that his buddy is funding.

|

6/28/2022 7:04 AM

How do you not sign with a team called "Fire Power"? I mean, come on. Good for Max. Hope he can stay healthy and start to run at the front. The best ability is availability.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

6/28/2022 7:09 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

I think that relationship is not what it once was.

|

6/28/2022 7:10 AM

bents wrote:

How do you not sign with a team called "Fire Power"? I mean, come on. Good for Max. Hope he can stay healthy and start to run ...more

The title sponsor is "Firepower Parts" a WPS affiliate that produces chains, sprockets, batteries lubricants and other control replacement parts.

|

6/28/2022 7:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2022 7:13 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I could see why, he left the poor guy begging for a ride.

But I’d still think he’d want to make it up to him.

|

6/28/2022 7:12 AM

This is really cool news. Was hoping he wasn't going to just fade away like Bagget did. ( Even though I think Bagget's wrist was an issue as well ). Glad to hear we'll see him at some races.

|

" And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

6/28/2022 7:20 AM

UpTiTe wrote:

ML512 wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

I could see why, he left the poor guy begging for a ride.

But I’d still think he’d want to make it up to him.

I heard a little of it...and based on what I did hear, there won't be any help there.

|

6/28/2022 7:21 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

This is really cool news. Was hoping he wasn't going to just fade away like Bagget did. ( Even though I think Bagget's wrist ...more

He had this lined up pretty quickly-ish. Before outdoors he already tested their SX bike but they were just working on the details.

|

6/28/2022 12:52 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

This is really cool news. Was hoping he wasn't going to just fade away like Bagget did. ( Even though I think Bagget's wrist ...more

ML512 wrote:

He had this lined up pretty quickly-ish. Before outdoors he already tested their SX bike but they were just working on the ...more

ML , does Max and the team plan on doing the rest of the outdoors , or just a few at the end? Washougal maybe?

|

" And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

6/28/2022 1:00 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

ML , does Max and the team plan on doing the rest of the outdoors , or just a few at the end? Washougal maybe?

His post literally says he’ll be doing the next three rounds. Red Bud, southwick, Millville…

|

6/28/2022 1:01 PM

Bangers and Mash! Good news.

|

I may not be an insider but I have loved this sport since the 70's. 2-smokers forever!

6/28/2022 1:39 PM

|

6/28/2022 3:17 PM

Im sorry , but cool as Max is, i am no hypocrite, he belongs in 250 as much as Christian Craig does.

Double MXoN race winner, riding a feeder class is fucking lame.

|

The only exercise i get these days, is shaking my head in disbelief

6/28/2022 3:41 PM

Has he continued riding and training up to now?

|

6/28/2022 5:13 PM

philG wrote:

Im sorry , but cool as Max is, i am no hypocrite, he belongs in 250 as much as Christian Craig does.

Double MXoN race ...more

That's where the paycheck is and the team interest.

|

6/28/2022 5:22 PM

philG wrote:

Double MXoN race ...more

Ride a 250 or don't ride at all... Ride a 250 or don't ride at all... Choices...

I think he made the best choice available to him. I'm quite sure that most of us fans would rather see him on the 450. But I bet we'd all rather see him riding than not...

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

With ZachO retired, it's JA21 and AP for me...

TG243 fan!

6/28/2022 5:23 PM

philG wrote:

Double MXoN race ...more

Well then he should be able to go 1-1 and win with no problem if its a feeder class.

|

6/28/2022 5:26 PM

ML512 wrote:

He had this lined up pretty quickly-ish. Before outdoors he already tested their SX bike but they were just working on the ...more

jeffro503 wrote:

clarkgray432 wrote:

His post literally says he’ll be doing the next three rounds. Red Bud, southwick, Millville…

Didn't see that part. My bad.

|

6/28/2022 5:49 PM

Am I missing the FirePower WSX announcement? Didn't think they were one of the official teams yet. Assuming that will drop once they've ironed out the 3 other riders?

|

6/28/2022 7:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2022 7:14 PM

big.dos wrote:

Am I missing the FirePower WSX announcement? Didn't think they were one of the official teams yet. Assuming that will drop ...more

I believe they were announced as one of the teams but they haven’t disclosed their rider roster yet.

|

6/28/2022 7:26 PM

philG wrote:

Double MXoN race ...more

lostboy819 wrote:

Well then he should be able to go 1-1 and win with no problem if its a feeder class.

Yep, no excuses.

|

6/28/2022 7:33 PM

big.dos wrote:

Am I missing the FirePower WSX announcement? Didn't think they were one of the official teams yet. Assuming that will drop ...more

aeffertz wrote:

I believe they were announced as one of the teams but they haven’t disclosed their rider roster yet.

They haven’t been announced yet but hey are one of the last three that’ll be announced.

|

6/28/2022 7:36 PM

philG wrote:

Double MXoN race ...more

Lucky for him you're not his agent...

|

I’M NOT F*#$ING SWAP….OK!

6/28/2022 7:52 PM

philG wrote:

Double MXoN race ...more

DonM wrote:

Nicely putting it. Firepower makes good batteries, wonder if they know how to sell em ?
Honda is pushing for more sales....

|

6/29/2022 12:10 AM

philG wrote:

Double MXoN race ...more

DonM wrote:

Its ironic that you say that, he had been fucked over by agents big time in the past.

There was a point he had a factory offer and wasnt told, which by the time he had the 'why didnt you take our offer' question, it was too late.

If this deal is World SX as well, then that makes more sense, but it doesnt alter my opinion.

|

The only exercise i get these days, is shaking my head in disbelief

6/29/2022 9:45 PM

Will this team be 250 only next year? I know Deano is rumored to be on the team next year, I hope he isn’t dropping down for the 250 class.

|

6/29/2022 11:12 PM

Risking his life once again!

|

6/30/2022 12:05 AM

BigDaddyG wrote:

Will this team be 250 only next year? I know Deano is rumored to be on the team next year, I hope he isn’t dropping down for ...more

Dean can’t drop down. Max can.

|