Max Anstie MXGP 2018 Champion

Probably not........but he has been riding pretty damn well since the end of last season. He looked great vs Cairoli at the first race of the Italian MX Championship. I don't think he is on Cairoli's or Herling's level, but I am impressed. Sure looks like a different kid from the one we saw in the US from 2009-2010 (also a couple of stints in 250W SX 12-13).
|
DoubleA
2/6/2018 5:19am
Only way he will have a shot of being a be champion is if AC and JH make a few mistake throughout the season, and then he will still have Gasjer and Febvre to deal with. When AC was next to Febvre at the Italian race it was like AC just turned on a button a flew away. Will be great to see Anstie on a few podiums this year hopefully he can finish in the top 5.
Motofinne
2/6/2018 5:24am
He has the speed to challenge for it but he needs to be way more consistent to win the title. I would not be surprised if he wins 2-3 races but at the same time misses 2-3 races because of an injury.
2/6/2018 5:30am
Has some good speed but the speed isn’t consistent enough throughout the year to challenge for the title
brycepdh
2/6/2018 5:30am
It is early to tell but he did finish last year with a bang at MXON and if he carries that form, I can see him winning some races. What about Hunter Lawrence on that Honda on the weekend beating the champ Jonass, i'm liking what i'm seeing from that kid. Like i said it's early and still have a long ways to go yet.

The Shop

2/6/2018 7:19am
brycepdh wrote:
It is early to tell but he did finish last year with a bang at MXON and if he carries that form, I can see him...
It is early to tell but he did finish last year with a bang at MXON and if he carries that form, I can see him winning some races. What about Hunter Lawrence on that Honda on the weekend beating the champ Jonass, i'm liking what i'm seeing from that kid. Like i said it's early and still have a long ways to go yet.
MXGP is going to be pretty effin good this year in my opinion.
brycepdh
2/6/2018 7:31am
MXGP is going to be pretty effin good this year in my opinion.
Yeah for sure, it'll be nothing short of epic! Keep an eye out for Jed Beaton on F&H Kawasaki, I grew up practicing with him and competing against him as he lives 30 mins away from me. Awesome family and a good mate, i hope he does well.
make1go
2/6/2018 8:04am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 8:10am
brycepdh wrote:
It is early to tell but he did finish last year with a bang at MXON and if he carries that form, I can see him...
Although HL did great, best lap times show he was over a second slower than PJ, still its early and hes on a new bike team etc. Just hope he stays injury free and atleast puts himself in position to claim a top 3 in the championship. I think that would be good way to step out of mxgp and into ama (of course winning would be best but that might be a stretch) looking forward to this season more than any before..
2/6/2018 8:16am
brycepdh wrote:
make1go wrote:
Although HL did great, best lap times show he was over a second slower than PJ, still its early and hes on a new bike team...
Although HL did great, best lap times show he was over a second slower than PJ, still its early and hes on a new bike team etc. Just hope he stays injury free and atleast puts himself in position to claim a top 3 in the championship. I think that would be good way to step out of mxgp and into ama (of course winning would be best but that might be a stretch) looking forward to this season more than any before..
The second coming of CR22?!?
2/6/2018 8:25am
If Anstie can beat Herlings straight up at Hawkstone this weekend....... then yes, I'd say he's got a very good chance.
2/6/2018 8:26am
Has some good speed but the speed isn’t consistent enough throughout the year to challenge for the title
You talking about Herlings??
2/6/2018 8:32am
If Anstie can beat Herlings straight up at Hawkstone this weekend....... then yes, I'd say he's got a very good chance.
Doesn't mean anything. A couple of years ago when Herlings was racing the 250, Anstie was all over him at Hawkstone, you could tell Herlings wasn't pushing it. Then come the GP's, Anstie was nowhere near him.
2/6/2018 8:45am Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 9:38am
Doesn't mean anything. A couple of years ago when Herlings was racing the 250, Anstie was all over him at Hawkstone, you could tell Herlings wasn't...
Doesn't mean anything. A couple of years ago when Herlings was racing the 250, Anstie was all over him at Hawkstone, you could tell Herlings wasn't pushing it. Then come the GP's, Anstie was nowhere near him.
I know, but Herlings won't like being beat by Anstie, it would get in his head.
Anyway us Brits should be getting behind our best chance and if Max wins Hawkstone I'm taking that as enough of a sign. ( Positive thinking) Smile
2/6/2018 10:07am
DoubleA wrote:
Only way he will have a shot of being a be champion is if AC and JH make a few mistake throughout the season, and then...
Only way he will have a shot of being a be champion is if AC and JH make a few mistake throughout the season, and then he will still have Gasjer and Febvre to deal with. When AC was next to Febvre at the Italian race it was like AC just turned on a button a flew away. Will be great to see Anstie on a few podiums this year hopefully he can finish in the top 5.
^ That just about wraps it up.
philG
2/6/2018 1:36pm
If he never wins a Moto again, going 1-1 at the Nations will carry him a long way.

Realistically, i think he can be 3rd because either Cairoli, Gajser or Herlings will slip up and Max is in a good place, on a good team.

He is one of 8 guys who can win races.
brycepdh
2/6/2018 4:50pm
brycepdh wrote:
make1go wrote:
Although HL did great, best lap times show he was over a second slower than PJ, still its early and hes on a new bike team...
Yeah if you look at his qualifying results etc from last year, his best laps times are always never as fast as the top guys and have been a bit slower but when it comes race time he can run with those guys. He makes up his deficit in one lap speed in his race craft. Can't remember the last time i've been more excited for mxgp, hurry up argentina.

Post a reply to: Max Anstie MXGP 2018 Champion

The Latest