Max Anstie HEP Suzuki indoor and out

Related:
Create New Tag

11/6/2019 5:01 PM

I'm super excited to see this. He is so good at SX, might take a bit to get back but talk about talent.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/6/2019 5:13 PM

Hell ya, I like Max.

|

11/6/2019 5:33 PM

hellion wrote:

I’d like to see a hard working privateer like John Short get a shot at a ride like this. Max is certainly fast, but his ...more

haydos25 wrote:

I cant help but think Max might be bringing money into the team in some way shape or form.

John Short is good, but i don't ...more

I highly doubt it.

|

11/6/2019 5:33 PM

Nice to see HEP putting together an outdoor effort. Max finished in front of Tomac and Roczen at Red Bud last year.

|

11/6/2019 5:56 PM

motomoto652 wrote:

I highly doubt it.

Which part?

|

11/6/2019 6:40 PM

hellion wrote:

I’d like to see a hard working privateer like John Short get a shot at a ride like this. Max is certainly fast, but his ...more

haydos25 wrote:

I cant help but think Max might be bringing money into the team in some way shape or form.

motomoto652 wrote:

I highly doubt it.

Highly doubt what? I dig John , so I mean no offense here......but we are talking about two rider's , on two completely different speed levels. And I don't mean a little. Max will probably have some rust to knock off for SX , but make no mistake.....outdoors on a 450 , if given good equipment.......he will be putting John down a lap. And again , I dig John , but there is a huge speed difference here. Worlds apart!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/6/2019 7:42 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Highly doubt what? I dig John , so I mean no offense here......but we are talking about two rider's , on two completely ...more

That's a bold statement considering Tomac wasn't putting Short a lap down most of the year. His best round was Spring Creek where he went 6-8 for 7th overall and he followed that up with several other top 10 moto finishes. Are we really expecting Max to do significantly better than that?

|

11/6/2019 7:49 PM

motomoto652 wrote:

I highly doubt it.

jeffro503 wrote:

Highly doubt what? I dig John , so I mean no offense here......but we are talking about two rider's , on two completely ...more

Shawn142 wrote:

That's a bold statement considering Tomac wasn't putting Short a lap down most of the year. His best round was Spring Creek ...more

Well he's won GP motos so he'll certainly be a threat to win motos here. It's a matter if he can be more consistent than he has been.

|

11/6/2019 7:51 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

That's a bold statement considering Tomac wasn't putting Short a lap down most of the year. His best round was Spring Creek ...more

Max is a proven MXGP winner and has been a factory rider in the GP’s from the age of 16. Don’t get me wrong about Short, but you can’t compare those guys lol

|

11/6/2019 7:51 PM

motomoto652 wrote:

I highly doubt it.

jeffro503 wrote:

Shawn142 wrote:

No , you're right Shawn , that was over estimating Max's speed compared to John. I some how forgot about John getting into top 10 this past season ( which I think is great! ). I was thinking of him as a top 20 guy. My point was , Max is no slouch on a 450. If you follow and watch the GP's , you would know that he has his weekends where he can just simply haul the freakin' mail. I " think " coming here , I honestly think he'll have a little chip on his shoulder and we could witness some impressive rides from him , is what I'm trying to say.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/6/2019 9:45 PM

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Max does next season and don't forget Searle will be doing an occasional outdoor also.

|

11/6/2019 10:09 PM

Max doing 250 SX on a Suzuki on a private team sounds like a disaster. He rode a 250 RMZ back in the GPMX2 days and never looked comfy on and went to Husky next year.

Let hope for the best because he can turn some heads indoors

|

11/6/2019 10:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2019 10:28 PM

motomoto652 wrote:

I highly doubt it.

jeffro503 wrote:

Shawn142 wrote:

Well, Max beat Tomac last year at Red Bud... So there's that.

|

11/6/2019 10:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/6/2019 10:38 PM

quadzrulebro wrote:

Didn’t Anstie already have a go at Supercross a decade or so ago? Typically, SX results don’t improve with age. Guess we’ll ...more

EZZA 95B wrote:

That jump at San Diego was the first thing that came to mind when thinking of Max and SX. He would'a could'a should'a won that night too if not for a crash late. If I remember right, after he passes Wharton, he was reeling in Weimer for the lead and he crashed with like 2-3 laps to go.

The kid had skills, but injuries, lack of a longer-term commitment to him from Star and having a great option to go to GP's with CLS ended the American dream at the time. He's always said he wanted to come back here.

Just a heads up, since writing that article in the link, I've been told that the HEP deal isn't completely done, but it's what Max wants. He's also entertaining Dixon for an MXGP spot as well. I also heard that the Suzuki deal with HEP isn't signed quite yet either, but they're moving forward into 2020 no matter what.

If everything works out like I'm hearing it might, with Davalos, Anstie, 722 and Chiz in the truck, HEP might become a real player moving forward.

|

11/6/2019 11:39 PM

haydos25 wrote:

I would be surprised if Max was bringing money to the team, simply because him not getting a ride in MXGP would make even less sense if he actually was able to bring money to a team.

Anstie losing out on a MXGP ride because he wants to be paid makes some sense, since there are only a few good paying rides available. But if he would actually bring sponsorship to a team it would be insane to sign Cervelin, Paturel, Laranaga, Sterry, etc. (who all have a ride in MXGP) over Anstie.

|

11/6/2019 11:43 PM

hellion wrote:

haydos25 wrote:

roninho wrote:

I would be surprised if Max was bringing money to the team, simply because him not getting a ride in MXGP would make even less ...more

I was just about to write something similar.

I would be shocked if Anstie brings money to HEP. i'd say the probability of that being the case is minuscule.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

11/6/2019 11:50 PM

Shawn142 wrote:

If Anstie doesnt get hurt in SX he should have races with much better results. He is extremely inconsistent, but he will be 'on' at a couple of races where he will be top 5 material. Even when he is ok/'off' he will still challenge for top 10s.

In an injury filled year this year in MXGP:
He was 'on' in Lommel (1st), Valkenswaard (blew a victory/top 3), 4th in Argentina, 4th in Lombardia and 2-6 in Indonesia
He was ok at GBR (7th), 7-5 in Germany, 6-7 in indonesia 2 and 8-10th at czech republic
He was off or recovering from injuries at Trentino (no points), Portugal (no points), Russia (a 10th) and Latvia (a 9th).

Imo if he doesnt get injured and feels good in the team he will have a race or 2-3 where he will challenge for a top 3. Short will never come close to that.

|

11/7/2019 12:40 AM

MXDN 2017- Max in unbeatable form. When he's on it he has special talent. Damn this looks fast, in horrible conditions

|

11/7/2019 9:40 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2019 9:40 AM

roninho wrote:

If Anstie doesnt get hurt in SX he should have races with much better results. He is extremely inconsistent, but he will be ...more

He also filled that results sheet with a lot of finishes outside the top 10. There is a reason he no longer has a factory ride. His flashes of brilliance are a bit too far apart for his former employer's taste. I'd put money up against anyone who thinks he will finish top 3 outdoors.

And for the record I never said Anstie and Short were of the same caliber. But to call Short a lapper is insane.

|

11/7/2019 10:35 AM

Fraser wrote:

MXDN 2017- Max in unbeatable form. When he's on it he has special talent. Damn this looks fast, in horrible conditions

Jesus christ that is fast. And also, that triple is gigantic.

|

11/7/2019 11:51 AM

So they drop Alex Ray and keep 722 who can't make main events. Hmmm ok

|

11/7/2019 1:55 PM

The more the merrier, if most guys stay healthy like last year the nationals will be stacked again. Hopefully SX doesn't chew him up. Would be cool to see him healthy for a year. Do west and get extra time for the outdoor testing.

|

11/7/2019 2:13 PM

mb60 wrote:

Yea that’s kind of lame. Ray has been working with davie as well per his vlog and I was looking forward to seeing that pay off. 722 has the social media following though so maybe that’s worth more than speed.

|

11/7/2019 2:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2019 2:16 AM

mb60 wrote:

misterwaterfallin wrote:

Yea that’s kind of lame. Ray has been working with davie as well per his vlog and I was looking forward to seeing that pay ...more

People always talk about social media this and social media that.

Chad Reed, the most popular rider with fans (almost 1 million followers on IG) can't get a ride that delivers a good salary for him. I might be wrong but social media following ain't shit to the teams in the most cases.

722 has a good fan base but so does Aray. The difference on the track however is big, in favor of Ray.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

11/7/2019 3:15 PM

Of course it’s not black and white, and there’s always the possibility that Max finds some consistency. As a fan of the hard working privateer guy who’s never really gotten a break though, I’d rather see a guy like Short get a shot and see what he can do. That’s just me though. I get it. Max has ‘potential’ to win. Short probably not, though I bet he could get close to the top five and do it week in, week out.

|

11/7/2019 4:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/7/2019 4:08 PM

Fraser wrote:

That was so fun to watch. Max was not going to lose that day. If Searle hadn't had such a shit day, GBR probably would have won.

|

11/7/2019 5:26 PM

Fraser wrote:

That’s was a very confident ride.

|

11/7/2019 8:08 PM

I feel bad for Max, such a talent and such a step down from factory husky to a privateer suzuki

|

11/8/2019 3:47 AM

|

11/8/2019 5:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/8/2019 5:38 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

Not unexpectedly, lost a lot of time in the whoops... But I like what I saw everywhere else in that short clip.

I wish him the best and hope he survives the SX season to make the MX season that much more interesting.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!