Matthes ranting about burnouts

500guy
5/8/2018 1:06pm
Matthes wrote:
Hold on here, as usual things got a bit mixed up here. I don't have a problem with burnouts that smoke the rear tire....whatever, those are...
Hold on here, as usual things got a bit mixed up here.
I don't have a problem with burnouts that smoke the rear tire....whatever, those are cool and don't last too long.

What i think is ridiculous is the trying to blow up the bikes thing we've had lately. Like, it takes 20 min of just revving the shit out of your bike, why you wanna blow up this motor that has expensive parts in it, there's potential for injury (ask Anderson's mechanic about the tire blowing out and hitting him in the ass), you can't talk or celebrate while you hope this bike that just won you a title blows up...I don't get it. Burn the tire off and call it a night bro. No need to sit there and hold the thing WFO.

Maybe I'm just old but the whole thing is stupid to me. Excuse me while I go yell at a cloud.
I agree if there's more than one way for them fellers to blow a rod. LMAO
Torco1
5/8/2018 1:15pm
And here I thought this was going to be about Matthes hating hippies for some reason or another.....

TeamGreen
5/8/2018 1:22pm
Torco1 wrote:
And here I thought this was going to be about Matthes hating hippies for some reason or another..... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/08/259839/s1200_ian_hippie.jpg[/img]
And here I thought this was going to be about Matthes hating hippies for some reason or another.....

Damn Hippies!

The Shop

Motoxdoc
5/8/2018 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 1:31pm
JM485 wrote:
Last time we cared what the Brits thought about our burnouts was 1776. That isn’t just burning rubber, it’s the communism being released from the tire...
Last time we cared what the Brits thought about our burnouts was 1776. That isn’t just burning rubber, it’s the communism being released from the tire in a magestic cloud of pure, homogenous freedom shrouding the land in liberty.
"pure, homogenous freedom"Huh Freedom and/or liberty for one class of society only, sounds like an oxymoron. When you say, "pure" and "homogeneous", which group in society are you referring to or favoring?
TeamGreen
5/8/2018 1:45pm
JM485 wrote:
Last time we cared what the Brits thought about our burnouts was 1776. That isn’t just burning rubber, it’s the communism being released from the tire...
Last time we cared what the Brits thought about our burnouts was 1776. That isn’t just burning rubber, it’s the communism being released from the tire in a magestic cloud of pure, homogenous freedom shrouding the land in liberty.
Motoxdoc wrote:
"pure, [b]homogenous[/b] freedom":huh: Freedom and/or liberty for one class of society only, sounds like an oxymoron. When you say, "pure" and "homogeneous", which group in society...
"pure, homogenous freedom"Huh Freedom and/or liberty for one class of society only, sounds like an oxymoron. When you say, "pure" and "homogeneous", which group in society are you referring to or favoring?
NON-MOTO
ttugrad1793
5/8/2018 1:49pm
can you imagine if JA21 had advertised an auction immediately following the race - "Buy my championship bike"....and then he does an impromptu auction outside his semi to the highest bidder for....say....$15k. Then he donates the cash to cancer research or for foster kids or whatever he's passionate about.

THAT is how you celebrate in a memorable way as opposed to blowing up your priceless motorcycle in the name of "celebration".
(I say all this as a JA21 fan and am happy for him)
peelout
5/8/2018 1:51pm
can you imagine if JA21 had advertised an auction immediately following the race - "Buy my championship bike"....and then he does an impromptu auction outside his...
can you imagine if JA21 had advertised an auction immediately following the race - "Buy my championship bike"....and then he does an impromptu auction outside his semi to the highest bidder for....say....$15k. Then he donates the cash to cancer research or for foster kids or whatever he's passionate about.

THAT is how you celebrate in a memorable way as opposed to blowing up your priceless motorcycle in the name of "celebration".
5/8/2018 2:20pm
can you imagine if JA21 had advertised an auction immediately following the race - "Buy my championship bike"....and then he does an impromptu auction outside his...

Such a noble idea. You should sell your computer and donate the money to get the ball rolling
ttugrad1793
5/8/2018 2:25pm

Such a noble idea. You should sell your computer and donate the money to get the ball rolling
I'm not critiquing him. I'm simply offering a different idea.
kiwifan
5/8/2018 2:51pm
Matthes wrote:
Hold on here, as usual things got a bit mixed up here. I don't have a problem with burnouts that smoke the rear tire....whatever, those are...
I don't have a problem with burnouts that smoke the rear tire....whatever, those are cool and don't last too long.

What i think is ridiculous is the trying to blow up the bikes thing we've had lately. Like, it takes 20 min of just revving the shit out of your bike, why you wanna blow up this motor that has expensive parts in it, there's potential for injury (ask Anderson's mechanic about the tire blowing out and hitting him in the ass), you can't talk or celebrate while you hope this bike that just won you a title blows up...I don't get it. Burn the tire off and call it a night bro. No need to sit there and hold the thing WFO.

Maybe I'm just old but the whole thing is stupid to me. Excuse me while I go yell at a cloud.
I agree, so boring hearing a revving engine on the limiter for ages...yawn
omalley
5/8/2018 2:55pm

You do realize that JA21 doesn’t own one part of that bike, right?
5/8/2018 3:14pm

LOL
philG
5/8/2018 3:15pm
I am with Matthes... smoke the tyre and be done...
shortcourse
5/8/2018 3:15pm
peelout wrote:
Mathis is just pissed his car can't do burnouts [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/08/259817/s1200_ridgeline.jpg[/img]
Mathis is just pissed his car can't do burnouts

Peely for the WIN!
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/8/2018 4:00pm
Titan1 wrote:
I think it would be rad if the champion rolled the finish line jump, not even a fist pump, no victory lap, cruised over and gave...
I think it would be rad if the champion rolled the finish line jump, not even a fist pump, no victory lap, cruised over and gave his mechanic a fist bump, rolled to the podium gave his interviews-praising his competition for how incredibly fast they are, how hard they work, how great of riders they are, how hard they race, their race craft, their corner speed, everything...talk up the guys he just smoked...praising his team, thanking his mechanic, his family, the promoter, the sanctioning body, thanked the fans-if he can do it anyone can...give the credit to everyone but himself...and leave the sponsors list and the man above out of it-take his trophy and walked off the podium back to the truck like its another day at the office.
I like this approach too, but the adrenaline has got to take over at that point. Add in the excitement of winning $500K and I don’t blame them a bit for expressing their emotions by lighting up the rear tire and floating the valves.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
5/8/2018 4:03pm

DizzyBlinkBlinkHuh
Titan1
5/8/2018 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 4:29pm
Titan1 wrote:
I think it would be rad if the champion rolled the finish line jump, not even a fist pump, no victory lap, cruised over and gave...
I think it would be rad if the champion rolled the finish line jump, not even a fist pump, no victory lap, cruised over and gave his mechanic a fist bump, rolled to the podium gave his interviews-praising his competition for how incredibly fast they are, how hard they work, how great of riders they are, how hard they race, their race craft, their corner speed, everything...talk up the guys he just smoked...praising his team, thanking his mechanic, his family, the promoter, the sanctioning body, thanked the fans-if he can do it anyone can...give the credit to everyone but himself...and leave the sponsors list and the man above out of it-take his trophy and walked off the podium back to the truck like its another day at the office.
langhammx wrote:
I like this approach too, but the adrenaline has got to take over at that point. Add in the excitement of winning $500K and I don’t...
I like this approach too, but the adrenaline has got to take over at that point. Add in the excitement of winning $500K and I don’t blame them a bit for expressing their emotions by lighting up the rear tire and floating the valves.
Shoot...me personally? I’d scream until my lungs gave out...I’d do a burn out on my bike until the motor blew...then hop on the 2nd place guys bike and burn his bike up, then grab the third place bike and do the same...I’d hug everyone in sight...crowd surf off the podium...and jump up and down until my legs gave out.

Given that that kind of celebration is the natural human reaction to the money, the fame, all the hard work paying off...I’d love it if some dude showed none of it, and just treated winning the title like a third place finish...I’d give that dude a nice long golf clap from my couch.

bowser977
5/8/2018 5:16pm

peelout wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/R5VTGqo.gif[/img]
GrinningGrinning
5/8/2018 5:20pm
GuyB wrote:
Funny, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on XM radio, and some of the commentators were ranting about it there, too. What would make for...
Funny, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on XM radio, and some of the commentators were ranting about it there, too.

What would make for a better celebration? Tea and crumpets?
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha!.. Well....you definitely don't want to offend anyone , or hurt their feelings. Nevermind what the rider and teams feel like. It's all about puppy dogs...
Haha!..

Well....you definitely don't want to offend anyone , or hurt their feelings. Nevermind what the rider and teams feel like. It's all about puppy dogs , rainbows and ice cream. Maybe they could all get together and plant a tree? In all honesty , those rear tires could be injuring some innocent bugs in the vicinity , or the smoke from the burnout may possibly clog up the breathing patterns of a swallow flying by.

I know......just shut the bike off , let's all hold hands and sing Coomb by ya?

Fuck yes!.....keep doing the damn burnout's! It's kind of a tradition!
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Dude, does everything get converted into a political correctness debate in your mind? It sure seems like it.
Yeah it's sort of annoying now. I guess he doesn't see the irony in getting outraged over people getting outraged over stuff.
2T42
5/8/2018 5:31pm

I was reading this assuming you were from California.

Then I saw you were from TX and thought whaaaat the...

Any time THE MAN does a burn out, it is instantly OK for the rest of eternity. No questions asked.
If you ever start to doubt this you should immediately go shot gun a Natty ice and and smack your chick on the butt.
BS12
5/8/2018 5:34pm
Matthes wrote:

PLEASE wear this on the next show Laughing

Ted722
5/8/2018 6:21pm
Cost cutting move? The crusher or sledge hammer engineer not in the budget any longer?
zehn
5/8/2018 6:51pm
Sometimes I seriously wonder how some of you make it through daily life...
jemcee
5/8/2018 6:51pm
Titan1 wrote:
Shoot...me personally? I’d scream until my lungs gave out...I’d do a burn out on my bike until the motor blew...then hop on the 2nd place guys...
Shoot...me personally? I’d scream until my lungs gave out...I’d do a burn out on my bike until the motor blew...then hop on the 2nd place guys bike and burn his bike up, then grab the third place bike and do the same...I’d hug everyone in sight...crowd surf off the podium...and jump up and down until my legs gave out.

Given that that kind of celebration is the natural human reaction to the money, the fame, all the hard work paying off...I’d love it if some dude showed none of it, and just treated winning the title like a third place finish...I’d give that dude a nice long golf clap from my couch.

I remember when Dungey got his first 450 SX win and all he did was a quick fist pump and I thought 'ooow that's not a good sign for the rest of the pack' haha
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
5/8/2018 7:07pm
tingo wrote:
Chalk this one up to the fact that people just looooove to bitch about something. Here's a thought for Matthes and anyone else griping about this...
Chalk this one up to the fact that people just looooove to bitch about something. Here's a thought for Matthes and anyone else griping about this: it's not your bike, your team, your budget, your championship, or your celebration. Watch the vid and look at how much the whole team is enjoying it - that's all that really matters.
Bingo tingo. Just like the guy who buys a one ton and lifts it and puts a bed cover on it. Stupid in a way but he didn't just win a bunch of money after being crowned the champ of the biggest series in america.

Should this call for a moooo? Of course lol
imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
5/8/2018 7:10pm
tingo wrote:
Chalk this one up to the fact that people just looooove to bitch about something. Here's a thought for Matthes and anyone else griping about this...
Chalk this one up to the fact that people just looooove to bitch about something. Here's a thought for Matthes and anyone else griping about this: it's not your bike, your team, your budget, your championship, or your celebration. Watch the vid and look at how much the whole team is enjoying it - that's all that really matters.
imoto34 wrote:
Bingo tingo. Just like the guy who buys a one ton and lifts it and puts a bed cover on it. Stupid in a way but...
Bingo tingo. Just like the guy who buys a one ton and lifts it and puts a bed cover on it. Stupid in a way but he didn't just win a bunch of money after being crowned the champ of the biggest series in america.

Should this call for a moooo? Of course lol
to add to my post, the guy who " financed a one ton truck and the wheels, tires, lift and labor". SidewaysPinch
Zaugg
5/8/2018 7:56pm
You guys are full of shit....it's his show he can gripe about whatever the hell he wants to gripe about. Just like you're griping about him...
You guys are full of shit....it's his show he can gripe about whatever the hell he wants to gripe about. Just like you're griping about him griping....it's one vicious cycle of BS !!! Would you rather there not be a show at all? Then what would you bitch about !!??
He certainly can...

Hey, kudos to Matthes for building an audience and being able to make a living as a moto-shock-jock.

I'm not griping just stating an opinion. Point of fact, this is Steve's style. It's not journalism...it's entertainment, sprinkled with truths, half-truths, rumors, jokes, and the all important sponsors that "support the sport".

Hell, Matthes went up a notch in my book for jumping in on this thread. He moved up to 1 Smile

And per his opinion on revving the engine until it blows, that engine is getting rebuilt anyway - BURNOUTS and ENGINE REVVING until something blows up.

Joemx
5/8/2018 11:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 11:40pm
JM485 wrote:
Burnouts will never, ever, in any way, shape, or form; in any country; on any planet; or at any point in history. . . be stupid.

Post a reply to: Matthes ranting about burnouts

The Latest