Matthes ranting about burnouts

mauidex
5/8/2018 8:17am
Zaugg wrote:
Matthes just likes to start shit so he can stay relevant. It's the Fox News-MSNBC approach to journalism (lower case because it's not). Say something inflammatory...
Matthes just likes to start shit so he can stay relevant. It's the Fox News-MSNBC approach to journalism (lower case because it's not).

Say something inflammatory knowing everyone will talk about it.

...and here we are, 3 pages deep, feeding his ego because we're talking about him, which keeps him relevant.

Next time he says something stupid...which should be any minute now. Just let it go so he fades away.

And for the record...BURNOUTS...BURNOUTS...AND MORE BURNOUTS. The celebration is for the rider and the team. Not for everyone else...we just get to enjoy right along with them.

c0ncEpT wrote:
I agree with literally everything you said... That's all.
EXACTLY!!!!!!WinkWink
keinz
5/8/2018 8:55am
US guys have to learn thing or two. how to celebrate a winLaughing

5/8/2018 9:18am
JM485 wrote:
Burnouts will never, ever, in any way, shape, or form; in any country; on any planet; or at any point in history. . . be stupid.
Burn outs on a dirt bike are indeed, stupid.
peelout
5/8/2018 9:30am
peelout is down with a good burnout any day bro

The Shop

peelout
5/8/2018 9:31am
Mathis is just pissed his car can't do burnouts

wardy
5/8/2018 9:42am
So I guess that means every time a rider comes back to the pits after a trail ride on his quad and does "doughnuts" it's some kind of victory dance?

nice.

what ever ya think is cool is guess.

but locally it's a pita.
NorCal 50+
5/8/2018 9:45am
I think it's about as cool as the dude that fires his bike up in the pits for morning practice and holds it wide open in a sorry attempt to impress everybody.
Roger DeCoster gets a pass. I don't criticize the Gods.
mauidex
5/8/2018 9:59am
peelout wrote:
Mathis is just pissed his car can't do burnouts [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/08/259817/s1200_ridgeline.jpg[/img]

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohooWoohoo
Bramlett321
5/8/2018 10:05am
Zaugg wrote:
Matthes just likes to start shit so he can stay relevant. It's the Fox News-MSNBC approach to journalism (lower case because it's not). Say something inflammatory...
Matthes just likes to start shit so he can stay relevant. It's the Fox News-MSNBC approach to journalism (lower case because it's not).

Say something inflammatory knowing everyone will talk about it.

...and here we are, 3 pages deep, feeding his ego because we're talking about him, which keeps him relevant.

Next time he says something stupid...which should be any minute now. Just let it go so he fades away.

And for the record...BURNOUTS...BURNOUTS...AND MORE BURNOUTS. The celebration is for the rider and the team. Not for everyone else...we just get to enjoy right along with them.

c0ncEpT wrote:
I agree with literally everything you said... That's all.
You guys are full of shit....it's his show he can gripe about whatever the hell he wants to gripe about. Just like you're griping about him griping....it's one vicious cycle of BS !!! Would you rather there not be a show at all? Then what would you bitch about !!??
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/8/2018 10:20am
There are people against a burnout? For real?

Titan1
5/8/2018 10:20am
I think it would be rad if the champion rolled the finish line jump, not even a fist pump, no victory lap, cruised over and gave his mechanic a fist bump, rolled to the podium gave his interviews-praising his competition for how incredibly fast they are, how hard they work, how great of riders they are, how hard they race, their race craft, their corner speed, everything...talk up the guys he just smoked...praising his team, thanking his mechanic, his family, the promoter, the sanctioning body, thanked the fans-if he can do it anyone can...give the credit to everyone but himself...and leave the sponsors list and the man above out of it-take his trophy and walked off the podium back to the truck like its another day at the office.
5/8/2018 10:49am
The Harley Davidson Mentality bounce it off the Rev limiter and hold the front tire against railroad tie LOLOL Maybe put a chick on the back in MX pants?? I am afraid of the direction we are heading with this sport.
TeamGreen
5/8/2018 11:30am
Wow

Some folks up in here are THE VERY SAME bitch-tards that CONSTANTLY Bitch, Whine, Mosn and Bloviate about “how boring” a certain rider is or how this has all become “corporate” or “just about the money”...

Then there’s those of you with no form, no code & indeed...
No honor.
You actually talk shit about somene’s Faith.
Honestly, that’s just embarrassing.
Especially in a threads where some imply that this sport is too unprofessional...etc.

Go Ride and Get Happy.
#DBFP
motomike137
5/8/2018 11:32am
peelout wrote:
Mathis is just pissed his car can't do burnouts [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/05/08/259817/s1200_ridgeline.jpg[/img]

car is right
brocster
5/8/2018 11:57am
zehn wrote:
lol who the fuck cares what Matthes thinks about burnouts
This^^^ maybe people that get to do burnouts celebrating their championship think over zealous x mechanics bitching about burnouts are stupid...

To each their own brother!
BobKerr
5/8/2018 11:58am
Burnouts until the bike blows are retarded.
scrubbin
5/8/2018 12:00pm
Burnout ok...Hammering the engine till it blows up is lame.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/8/2018 12:18pm
526 wrote:
The Harley Davidson Mentality bounce it off the Rev limiter and hold the front tire against railroad tie LOLOL Maybe put a chick on the back...
The Harley Davidson Mentality bounce it off the Rev limiter and hold the front tire against railroad tie LOLOL Maybe put a chick on the back in MX pants?? I am afraid of the direction we are heading with this sport.
...says the guy with the CR22 slamming Jack avatar.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/8/2018 12:26pm
Oh, the horror...

5/8/2018 12:28pm
JB 19 wrote:
I guess Matthes doesn't know that down here in 'Merica we never turn down the chance to burn or blow things up if we can also...
I guess Matthes doesn't know that down here in 'Merica we never turn down the chance to burn or blow things up if we can also drink beer while we're doing it.......while wearing a Viking Helmet.

Outfuckingstandable!
Especially fun to cheer for favorites 17 weeks in a row watch the championship won by your favorite riders then watch em blow it all up not at your expense +scantily clad women for background. Oh yeah another point Harley's are motorcycles 2.?
500guy
5/8/2018 12:29pm
We chastise them for being to robotic then we chastise them for cutting loose.

Unless you are the guy trying to run their throw away tire who cares.
kNewc
5/8/2018 12:32pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah I thought Anderson revved the engine for faaaaar too long there after the race. I was always taught to respect the bike. Like Dungey. No...
Yeah I thought Anderson revved the engine for faaaaar too long there after the race. I was always taught to respect the bike. Like Dungey. No matter what. It fails on you? You push it. Race is over? Shut it off, put it on the proper kickstand, then celebrate. If my dad ever saw me doing anything like that then I’d be in some deep shit. Of course I had nowhere near the money these guys do growing up so there’s that.
I loved that rev at the end. He did it for 2 whole sections and a turn and it didn't blow. Pretty damn impressive! Even my wife was like "holy crap is that going to blow up?" and I was sitting there like "I sure hope so" lol
BobPA
5/8/2018 12:33pm
I made these last year. One concerned and one sarcastic, hope this ruins all the belly archers day. Amazingly my bikes are still running fine after....

peelout
5/8/2018 12:37pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 12:37pm
BobPA wrote:
I made these last year. One concerned and one sarcastic, hope this ruins all the belly archers day. Amazingly my bikes are still running fine after...
I made these last year. One concerned and one sarcastic, hope this ruins all the belly archers day. Amazingly my bikes are still running fine after....

nice work bro
NorCal 50+
5/8/2018 12:39pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Wow Some folks up in here are THE VERY SAME bitch-tards that CONSTANTLY Bitch, Whine, Mosn and Bloviate about “how boring” a certain rider is or...
Wow

Some folks up in here are THE VERY SAME bitch-tards that CONSTANTLY Bitch, Whine, Mosn and Bloviate about “how boring” a certain rider is or how this has all become “corporate” or “just about the money”...

Then there’s those of you with no form, no code & indeed...
No honor.
You actually talk shit about somene’s Faith.
Honestly, that’s just embarrassing.
Especially in a threads where some imply that this sport is too unprofessional...etc.

Go Ride and Get Happy.
#DBFP
Don't take it all so seriously, bro. It's just dirt bikes. It's okay to have an opinion over destroying factory engines for fun, really.
JM485
5/8/2018 12:47pm
JM485 wrote:
Burnouts will never, ever, in any way, shape, or form; in any country; on any planet; or at any point in history. . . be stupid.
Burn outs on a dirt bike are indeed, stupid.
Last time we cared what the Brits thought about our burnouts was 1776. That isn’t just burning rubber, it’s the communism being released from the tire in a magestic cloud of pure, homogenous freedom shrouding the land in liberty.
Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1180th
5/8/2018 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 12:49pm
He’s just pissed off Tim Ferry never did that to a bike of his to celebrate.
Matthes
5/8/2018 1:01pm
Hold on here, as usual things got a bit mixed up here.
I don't have a problem with burnouts that smoke the rear tire....whatever, those are cool and don't last too long.

What i think is ridiculous is the trying to blow up the bikes thing we've had lately. Like, it takes 20 min of just revving the shit out of your bike, why you wanna blow up this motor that has expensive parts in it, there's potential for injury (ask Anderson's mechanic about the tire blowing out and hitting him in the ass), you can't talk or celebrate while you hope this bike that just won you a title blows up...I don't get it. Burn the tire off and call it a night bro. No need to sit there and hold the thing WFO.

Maybe I'm just old but the whole thing is stupid to me. Excuse me while I go yell at a cloud.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/8/2018 1:03pm
He’s just pissed off Tim Ferry never did that to a bike of his to celebrate.
Root cause analysis (RCA), people!!

Post a reply to: Matthes ranting about burnouts

The Latest