Matthes ranting about burnouts

zehn
5/7/2018 9:45pm
BAMX wrote:
lol who the fuck cares what Matthes thinks about burnouts

lol who the fuck cares what Matthes thinks

I fixed it for you Cool
I normally say that but the Matthes crew is particularly strong around these parts Wink
NorCal 50+
5/7/2018 9:46pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah I thought Anderson revved the engine for faaaaar too long there after the race. I was always taught to respect the bike. Like Dungey. No...
Yeah I thought Anderson revved the engine for faaaaar too long there after the race. I was always taught to respect the bike. Like Dungey. No matter what. It fails on you? You push it. Race is over? Shut it off, put it on the proper kickstand, then celebrate. If my dad ever saw me doing anything like that then I’d be in some deep shit. Of course I had nowhere near the money these guys do growing up so there’s that.
Yep, it has nothing to do with getting my feelings hurt or being a snowflake or the other silly things people say in their kneejerk way. It's not even that big a deal to me. I just think it's stupid. I love motorcycles- I think they are literally pieces of art, especially a factory bike. I can't stand when a factory rider throws his bike in the dirt after a win. Show some respect to the machine. Why do we drool over the exotica of Pit Bits and then the rider throws the thing on the ground or blows it up? It shows they don't give a crap about the machine.
kott0n
Fantasy
3717th
5/7/2018 9:47pm
The beating that KTM took before letting loose, good lord.
5/7/2018 9:51pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Yeah I thought Anderson revved the engine for faaaaar too long there after the race. I was always taught to respect the bike. Like Dungey. No...
Yeah I thought Anderson revved the engine for faaaaar too long there after the race. I was always taught to respect the bike. Like Dungey. No matter what. It fails on you? You push it. Race is over? Shut it off, put it on the proper kickstand, then celebrate. If my dad ever saw me doing anything like that then I’d be in some deep shit. Of course I had nowhere near the money these guys do growing up so there’s that.
Your pops funded bike vs factory championship winning funded bike.. Yeah I can see the similarities

The Shop

5/7/2018 9:54pm
If I ever won a local race I’d do a massive fucking burnout no doubt.

Actually If I even finished, competed in, or even showed up to a race, that would justify it.

I just like doing burnouts, have you ever seen someone sad while doing one?
dc444
Fantasy
1451st
5/7/2018 9:55pm
zehn wrote:
BAMX wrote:

lol who the fuck cares what Matthes thinks

I fixed it for you Cool
I do
bvm111
5/7/2018 9:57pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 9:57pm
EZZA 95B wrote:

EDIT: FUCK YEAH!
That settles it.... Matthes, the man disagrees!

In the words of Cartman burn outs are...kick ass!

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
5/7/2018 10:04pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 10:05pm
I'm more concerned with Cianciarulo's taste in music. That sucked balls.
EDIT: It was Good Charlotte for piss sake!
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
5/7/2018 10:12pm
I’ve always preferred the champagne spray....but I was a big Gurney fan. Burnouts don’t donit for me but I really don’t give a shit what the winner wants to do. Except the sprinkler....now that was assinine
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
5/7/2018 10:19pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
I agree to disagree. Laughing
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
5/7/2018 10:22pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
I agree to disagree. Laughing
Aren't we supposed to have a 10 page debate/argument before you say that? You've confused the frig outta meLaughing
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
5/7/2018 10:23pm
JM485 wrote:
Burnouts will never, ever, in any way, shape, or form; in any country; on any planet; or at any point in history. . . be stupid.
This right here!!!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1102nd
5/7/2018 10:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 10:45pm
EZZA 95B wrote:
Aren't we supposed to have a 10 page debate/argument before you say that? You've confused the frig outta meLaughing
Should I just have said fuck off to start the debate? Tongue

Much TY.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
5/7/2018 10:26pm
avidchimp wrote:
Should I just have said fuck off to start the debate? Tongue

Much TY.
Laughing
Mm471
5/7/2018 10:33pm
Have a look at social media after, people love it and it’s Probobaly more viral than anything else in the sport
5/7/2018 10:34pm
Personally id want the bike i clenched on to be rolled directly into the big rig and left exactly the way it is with every little bit of dirt, mud or sand, grips, tires, graphics and everything else on it kept as it was and would forever more be.
Mm471
5/7/2018 10:39pm
Also it isn’t televised, so it’s really no harm and is just up to the teams and how they want to celebrate
jeffro503
5/7/2018 10:45pm
GuyB wrote:
Funny, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on XM radio, and some of the commentators were ranting about it there, too. What would make for...
Funny, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on XM radio, and some of the commentators were ranting about it there, too.

What would make for a better celebration? Tea and crumpets?
jeffro503 wrote:
Haha!.. Well....you definitely don't want to offend anyone , or hurt their feelings. Nevermind what the rider and teams feel like. It's all about puppy dogs...
Haha!..

Well....you definitely don't want to offend anyone , or hurt their feelings. Nevermind what the rider and teams feel like. It's all about puppy dogs , rainbows and ice cream. Maybe they could all get together and plant a tree? In all honesty , those rear tires could be injuring some innocent bugs in the vicinity , or the smoke from the burnout may possibly clog up the breathing patterns of a swallow flying by.

I know......just shut the bike off , let's all hold hands and sing Coomb by ya?

Fuck yes!.....keep doing the damn burnout's! It's kind of a tradition!
NorCal 50+ wrote:
Dude, does everything get converted into a political correctness debate in your mind? It sure seems like it.
Lately I guess. But seriously against getting rid of the burn out's. Couple times a year is ok with me.
BS12
5/7/2018 10:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2018 11:05pm
I'm all about the burnout celebrations and some good limiter action, but I think trying to kill the engine is a little over rated.
TeamGreen
5/7/2018 10:59pm
When I realize how much work & stress & insanity goes into pulling off a championship? I think there’s not a damn thung wrong with all of’em letting off a little steam...or smoke for that matter..
TDeath21
5/7/2018 11:23pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Your pops funded bike vs factory championship winning funded bike.. Yeah I can see the similarities
You completely missed the point. Not surprised though.
mx216
5/7/2018 11:25pm
Maybe Mathes is just sad because his engines couldn't have ran like that without kabooooom????Tongue Rev limiter til death after a championship. And if it don't blow by the time everyone is over it, extra props to the engine guy
5/7/2018 11:53pm
I think Matthes is just butt hurt cause he never got to celebrate a championship
make1go
5/8/2018 1:29am
GuyB wrote:
Funny, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on XM radio, and some of the commentators were ranting about it there, too. What would make for...
Funny, I was listening to the NASCAR channel on XM radio, and some of the commentators were ranting about it there, too.

backflips over the finish line,? dunno but ffs its not like you need skillz to burn rubber and that shit stinks.

.beside i live near and ride in rubber plantations so i should know?
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3807th
5/8/2018 1:32am
gerg wrote:
Bukkake circle?
with you in the middle? Sounds like a plan. I'm in.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1062nd
5/8/2018 1:36am
I've only ever done one burnout and it was on a thick piece of rubber in a coal pit. I was running Michelin at the time Randy! Barely even smoked er up.Sad
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3671st
5/8/2018 1:38am
GuyB wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Haha!.. Well....you definitely don't want to offend anyone , or hurt their feelings. Nevermind what the rider and teams feel like. It's all about puppy dogs...
Haha!..

Well....you definitely don't want to offend anyone , or hurt their feelings. Nevermind what the rider and teams feel like. It's all about puppy dogs , rainbows and ice cream. Maybe they could all get together and plant a tree? In all honesty , those rear tires could be injuring some innocent bugs in the vicinity , or the smoke from the burnout may possibly clog up the breathing patterns of a swallow flying by.

I know......just shut the bike off , let's all hold hands and sing Coomb by ya?

Fuck yes!.....keep doing the damn burnout's! It's kind of a tradition!
Coomb by ya...nice effort on that one. It’s kumbaya. The way these dudes thank the man upstairs and god for every accomplishment but don’t blame him for every setback is widely accepted in motocross. If yer gonna mock it, I ain’t mad though.
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
5/8/2018 1:40am Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 1:42am
Personally I look forward to it.. call me a child or whatever but i like it.. especially when the man did it last year that was awesome! GUYB glad u are ok!! People complaining about this have issues...

If a team doesn't give a shit I don't even see what the big deal is. Hell the teams seem to encourage it. Pretty sure osborne was doing it the AP pulled up beside and had at it.. It was awesome for me to watch until they cut to a commercial. Whistling
kiwifan
5/8/2018 2:07am
I am not suggesting they are stopped but I find them boring... seen one, seen them all
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
5/8/2018 2:16am
kiwifan wrote:
I am not suggesting they are stopped but I find them boring... seen one, seen them all
But doing it at the end of the year because you win the championship i think its a well earned celebration. If they did it after every race then i could see it getting old. But i don't think race teams would allow it for just winning a race.

Post a reply to: Matthes ranting about burnouts

The Latest