Matthes nets/but?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/25/2018 7:06 AM

Matthes gets the nets put in, but can HE get 3 more truck loads of dirt to cover the plywood 3 inches away from the track. Come on, how many guys are eating shit on the plywood.

Steve Matthes memorial dirt over plywood.

|

2/25/2018 7:14 AM

Steve Matthes Memorial Anti-Fatigue Bar Mats

|

2/25/2018 7:23 AM

Great post. Steve, your mission should you choose to accept it is to get Feld to pay for about 30% more dirt and build cool tracks...

And then fuck off 450s.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/25/2018 7:56 AM

they need to run them between the lanes around 5 ft tall.get to work steven.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

2/25/2018 8:07 AM

I just see it as a consequence of not being able to keep it on the track. How many times do you see a guy go off the track, pin it down the side of a rythm lane and only lose one position. At least this provides a penalty.

|

2/25/2018 8:10 AM

450 wrote:

I just see it as a consequence of not being able to keep it on the track. How many times do you see a guy go off the track, pin it down the side of a rythm lane and only lose one position. At least this provides a penalty.

This, it should be more slick on the side of the track! Steve Matthes memorial bacon grease finish?

|

2/25/2018 8:12 AM

450 wrote:

Exactly!! They were all were trying to speed up on the plywood instead of slowing down.

|

2/25/2018 8:15 AM

450 wrote:

I agree. Don’t go off the track and you won’t have to deal with it.

|

2/25/2018 8:20 AM

Should we give trophies to 15th place as well?

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

2/25/2018 11:28 AM

There need to be markers on the edge of the track, maybe every 5 or 10 ft. If you go off the track every marker you pass docks you one position. In a rythm section if you pin it down the whole lane, you will be severely penalized. It's a mistake, it should cost the riders as one.

|

2/25/2018 11:48 AM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:

Matthes gets the nets put in, but can HE get 3 more truck loads of dirt to cover the plywood 3 inches away from the track. Come on, how many guys are eating shit on the plywood.

Steve Matthes memorial dirt over plywood.

Three inches of dirt over the edge of the track is not going to make a bit of difference.

|

2/25/2018 11:50 AM

This doesn't have to be that complicated or expensive (I don't think).. Couldn't they just lay down some rubber mat type material on the edges of the track? It would look cleaner, easier to walk on, and safer for the guys that happen to go off the track.

|

2/25/2018 3:33 PM

I say if you go off track you are required to go back on the track at that point or before whichever is safest

|

2/25/2018 4:20 PM

Nets in action.

Saved Bagget a lot of time and a massive crash possibly.

|

2/25/2018 4:26 PM

Asimo wrote:

Nets in action.

Saved Bagget a lot of time and a massive crash possibly.

Matthes' tweet following the incident laughing

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

2/25/2018 4:29 PM

mx216 wrote:

There need to be markers on the edge of the track, maybe every 5 or 10 ft. If you go off the track every marker you pass docks you one position. In a rythm section if you pin it down the whole lane, you will be severely penalized. It's a mistake, it should cost the riders as one.

I like that idea. Maybe not every 5-10 feet, but a per obstacle basis, you go off and it's a set time penalty. You could have a safe re-entry points in precarious spots on the track where blending in immediately isn't safe. You may need more race officials to police it though.

I hate seeing guys haul butt down the side of the track and blend in without losing a position. Make a mistake and there should be a penalty.

|

2/25/2018 5:18 PM

mx216 wrote:

KirkChandler wrote:

I like that idea. Maybe not every 5-10 feet, but a per obstacle basis, you go off and it's a set time penalty. You could have a safe re-entry points in precarious spots on the track where blending in immediately isn't safe. You may need more race officials to police it though.

I hate seeing guys haul butt down the side of the track and blend in without losing a position. Make a mistake and there should be a penalty.

If they made a space between the tough blocks as designated entry points then a tall cone or something to indicate it, you could lose a position for every entry point you missed.

|

2/25/2018 5:22 PM

early wrote:

If they made a space between the tough blocks as designated entry points then a tall cone or something to indicate it, you could lose a position for every entry point you missed.

Remind Feld of the sponsorship space right on that tall cone, and all of a sudden these re-entry points may become high priority safety designs.

|

2/25/2018 5:28 PM

Can we stop with this blame everything but the rider bullshit? if you dont mess up you dont go off the track. If you f up the rythm and miss the triple its your fault you got landed on. If you dont jump the quad right you break your pelvis.

Its not a track design issue. Its riders making mistakes. If you guys want safe then put everyone on a pw50 with no jumps and watch the sport die from boredom. /endrant.

|

2/25/2018 6:31 PM

It was CONCRETE, NOT plywood. There were sections at Anaheim that were plywood, but not last night...
Carry on..........

|

2/25/2018 9:57 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2018 10:00 PM

Why does everyone keep saying "if you make a mistake". martin got pushed off by smith and smith got pushed off by shlongshot. The kid last week though. I cant speak for him.

|

2/26/2018 12:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/26/2018 12:10 PM

Pulp "Cast Nets". Save lives!
I used to teach cast net clinics to fisherman. Lol

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink