scootch
Edited Date/Time 10/26/2017 6:19pm
Nets are back for 2018

RacerX Article: Supercross Bosses Talk Changes

|
KMC440
10/25/2017 10:03am
Beta testing ?

As in, sending Matthes to the Alpha Beta to bulk up on ice cream and cookies then test ?
Stuntman949
10/25/2017 10:05am
People on this website like to take cheap shots at Matthes, but the "industry" listens

The Shop

peelout
10/25/2017 10:08am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2017 12:57pm
for when you're gonna take a big load

SCR
10/25/2017 10:10am
I've had a lot of thoughts about the safety of SX over the years. Catch nets in the corners wasn't one of them . But hey ?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/25/2017 10:10am
You guys do read Pit Bits, right?

That's from the Monster Energy Cup. Wink
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/25/2017 10:34am
GuyB wrote:
You guys do read Pit Bits, right? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/10/25/221788/s1200_101417pb008.jpg[/img] That's from the Monster Energy Cup. ;)
You guys do read Pit Bits, right?

That's from the Monster Energy Cup. Wink
Youd think there would be at least 3 more sections of equal size per corner. Are they catching bikes or bait? Grinning
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
10/25/2017 10:36am
early wrote:
Youd think there would be at least 3 more sections of equal size per corner. Are they catching bikes or bait? Grinning
If you read the the interview above, it mentions that only a portion of it was utilized...
10/25/2017 10:39am
peelout wrote:
for when you're gonna take a big load [img]https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachments/1g-accessories/187930d1429538814-cargo-net-baja-look-imageuploadedbyautoguide1429538813.814012.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/products/2017_Ridgeline_CargoNetTruckBed.jpg[/img] [img]https://library.beechmontdata.com/HONDA/Library/2007ridgeline/2007_Ridgeline_Images/cargonetbed.jpg[/img]

Unibody bed nets.
Hut
10/25/2017 10:47am

10/25/2017 11:08am
People on this website like to take cheap shots at Matthes, but the "industry" listens
Ya. They listen to his podcast and get pissed at his cheap shots. The industry does not like Matthes.
peelout
10/25/2017 11:16am
Unibody bed nets.
when you drive a Ridgeline, you need to keep the big loads down
10/25/2017 11:25am
SCR wrote:
I've had a lot of thoughts about the safety of SX over the years. Catch nets in the corners wasn't one of them . But hey...
I've had a lot of thoughts about the safety of SX over the years. Catch nets in the corners wasn't one of them . But hey ?
The catch nets aren't for the safety of riders/racing.
10/25/2017 11:29am
Ya. They listen to his podcast and get pissed at his cheap shots. The industry does not like Matthes.
LOL yea all those industry people he has on his show and the guys who come in studio for a 4 hour show all do not like him. Makes sense.
10/25/2017 11:39am
LOL yea all those industry people he has on his show and the guys who come in studio for a 4 hour show all do not...
LOL yea all those industry people he has on his show and the guys who come in studio for a 4 hour show all do not like him. Makes sense.
You'd be surprised the shit they talk behind his back. It's odd how 2faced people can be.
Xeno
10/25/2017 11:50am
You'd be surprised the shit they talk behind his back. It's odd how 2faced people can be.
Sounds like dirt bikers (unfortunately)...
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/25/2017 12:20pm
LOL yea all those industry people he has on his show and the guys who come in studio for a 4 hour show all do not...
Gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omelet. Seems like the most popular reporters of the sport are not the cool guys of the sport, which is actually a good thing.
SCR
10/25/2017 12:23pm
SCR wrote:
I've had a lot of thoughts about the safety of SX over the years. Catch nets in the corners wasn't one of them . But hey...
The catch nets aren't for the safety of riders/racing.
According to the article. Number one factor is to make sure if a rider goes off course he is safer.
It also says number two factor is it allows them to build up the bowls turns.
It sounds a bit counter intuitive. Make a catch fence, then make a bigger ramp to launch into the fence.
JM485
10/25/2017 12:25pm
peelout wrote:
for when you're gonna take a big load [img]https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/attachments/1g-accessories/187930d1429538814-cargo-net-baja-look-imageuploadedbyautoguide1429538813.814012.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.bernardiparts.com/Images/products/2017_Ridgeline_CargoNetTruckBed.jpg[/img] [img]https://library.beechmontdata.com/HONDA/Library/2007ridgeline/2007_Ridgeline_Images/cargonetbed.jpg[/img]

Bro, I think we may have found something Ridgeline beds are good for. . .

https://instagram.com/p/BarSq3LBoW-/
10/25/2017 12:45pm
early wrote:
Gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omelet. Seems like the most popular reporters of the sport are not the cool guys of...
Gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omelet. Seems like the most popular reporters of the sport are not the cool guys of the sport, which is actually a good thing.
Media with agendas aren't practicing journalism.

If you're gonna be a "journalist", you never let it get personal. That line is continually crossed.

Tho, I wont pretend Matthes or MX have the monopoly on that. You see media in all sports & politics let things get personal and then hide behind their "journalist" badge to defend their breach of industry ethics. And in more established sports we aint talking mechanics turned bloggers/podcasters. Were talking formally trained journalists AND editors that should know better.

We as consumers should set the bar higher and ask more of our media. Deeming them a success because they piss people off is setting the bar incredibly low dont you think?
10/25/2017 12:53pm
SCR wrote:
According to the article. Number one factor is to make sure if a rider goes off course he is safer. It also says number two factor...
According to the article. Number one factor is to make sure if a rider goes off course he is safer.
It sounds a bit counter intuitive. Make a catch fence, then make a bigger ramp to launch into the fence.
They may say that, but the REAL big concern is protecting from liability of a bike whiskey-ing off the berm and into crowd. The disappearance of bowl turns was specifically after Goerke launched his bike into empty stands at practice for Indiana SX.
Johnny Depp
10/25/2017 12:58pm
Beta testing means they needed reliable bikes Laughing

The reason this hasn't been announced is there will be series points added for scoring a goal with a ball placed on the previous tabletop.Wink

SCR
10/25/2017 1:10pm
SCR wrote:
According to the article. Number one factor is to make sure if a rider goes off course he is safer. It also says number two factor...
They may say that, but the REAL big concern is protecting from liability of a bike whiskey-ing off the berm and into crowd. The disappearance of...
They may say that, but the REAL big concern is protecting from liability of a bike whiskey-ing off the berm and into crowd. The disappearance of bowl turns was specifically after Goerke launched his bike into empty stands at practice for Indiana SX.
I wouldn't disagree with you on that.
I guess my thought is, if bikes and riders flying out of bowl turns is dangerous then don't make a bigger launch.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/25/2017 1:20pm
SCR wrote:
They may say that, but the REAL big concern is protecting from liability of a bike whiskey-ing off the berm and into crowd. The disappearance of...
SCR wrote:
I wouldn't disagree with you on that. I guess my thought is, if bikes and riders flying out of bowl turns is dangerous then don't make...
I guess my thought is, if bikes and riders flying out of bowl turns is dangerous then don't make a bigger launch.
But bowl turns offer for more padding options. Riders are pushing for bigger bowl corners so the nets allow for this while protecting the crowd from launching bikes.
10/25/2017 1:25pm
ML512 wrote:
But bowl turns offer for more padding options. Riders are pushing for bigger bowl corners so the nets allow for this while protecting the crowd from...
But bowl turns offer for more padding options. Riders are pushing for bigger bowl corners so the nets allow for this while protecting the crowd from launching bikes.
But that would be one helluva souvenir!
ktmdan
10/25/2017 1:29pm
Random story:

I was at an arenacross in Fort Worth probably 15 years ago and a guy went off the track over a bowl turn and literally landed in a horse stall. The opening into the stall was like a 3 x 6 foot rectangle at the top of the stall.
I can't for the life of me remember who it was but I know he was relatively well known at the time in arenacross. Maybe Tommy Hofmaster...
10/25/2017 1:45pm
ML512 wrote:
But bowl turns offer for more padding options. Riders are pushing for bigger bowl corners so the nets allow for this while protecting the crowd from...
Makes sense to me. Sounds like an improvement.

Not sure why there is pushback on this. More passing equals more fun for everyone.
early
Fantasy
2231st
10/25/2017 2:06pm
Media with agendas aren't practicing journalism. If you're gonna be a "journalist", you never let it get personal. That line is continually crossed. Tho, I wont...
Media with agendas aren't practicing journalism.

If you're gonna be a "journalist", you never let it get personal. That line is continually crossed.

Tho, I wont pretend Matthes or MX have the monopoly on that. You see media in all sports & politics let things get personal and then hide behind their "journalist" badge to defend their breach of industry ethics. And in more established sports we aint talking mechanics turned bloggers/podcasters. Were talking formally trained journalists AND editors that should know better.

We as consumers should set the bar higher and ask more of our media. Deeming them a success because they piss people off is setting the bar incredibly low dont you think?
There are definitley times he should not say the things he does, but to disqualify his content that is for the most part credible and relevent because people with their own vested interest dont like him is a bit antithetical to what you have just described.
SCR
10/25/2017 2:11pm
SCR wrote:
I wouldn't disagree with you on that. I guess my thought is, if bikes and riders flying out of bowl turns is dangerous then don't make...
ML512 wrote:
Like everyone else I think I could design an awsome track for better and safer racing. If they left it to me I'm sure I'd get it all wrong though. With that said I still think some flat wider corners or even off camber with a larger inside radius would allow for passing and break up the 180 to 180 bowl turns.

Post a reply to: Matthes just took his shirt off!

The Latest