|

10/25/2017 9:53 AM

Geez you just blinded me.......put it back on pinch smile

|

10/25/2017 9:56 AM

Not all heroes wear capes..

Photo

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

10/25/2017 10:03 AM

Beta testing ?

As in, sending Matthes to the Alpha Beta to bulk up on ice cream and cookies then test ?

|

10/25/2017 10:05 AM

People on this website like to take cheap shots at Matthes, but the "industry" listens

|

"A link is only as long as your longest strong chain"

10/25/2017 10:08 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2017 12:57 PM

for when you're gonna take a big load

Photo

Photo

Photo

|

10/25/2017 10:10 AM

I've had a lot of thoughts about the safety of SX over the years. Catch nets in the corners wasn't one of them . But hey ?

|

10/25/2017 10:10 AM

You guys do read Pit Bits, right?

Photo

That's from the Monster Energy Cup. wink

|

10/25/2017 10:34 AM

GuyB wrote:

You guys do read Pit Bits, right?

Photo

That's from the Monster Energy Cup. wink

Youd think there would be at least 3 more sections of equal size per corner. Are they catching bikes or bait? grin

|

10/25/2017 10:36 AM

early wrote:

Youd think there would be at least 3 more sections of equal size per corner. Are they catching bikes or bait? grin

If you read the the interview above, it mentions that only a portion of it was utilized...

|

10/25/2017 10:39 AM

peelout wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Unibody bed nets.

|

10/25/2017 10:47 AM

Photo

|

10/25/2017 11:08 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

People on this website like to take cheap shots at Matthes, but the "industry" listens

Ya. They listen to his podcast and get pissed at his cheap shots. The industry does not like Matthes.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

Usage: Slang

10/25/2017 11:16 AM

Lawrence929 wrote:

Unibody bed nets.

when you drive a Ridgeline, you need to keep the big loads down

|

10/25/2017 11:25 AM

SCR wrote:

I've had a lot of thoughts about the safety of SX over the years. Catch nets in the corners wasn't one of them . But hey ?

The catch nets aren't for the safety of riders/racing.

|

10/25/2017 11:29 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Jabroni wrote:

Ya. They listen to his podcast and get pissed at his cheap shots. The industry does not like Matthes.

LOL yea all those industry people he has on his show and the guys who come in studio for a 4 hour show all do not like him. Makes sense.

|

10/25/2017 11:39 AM

Stuntman949 wrote:

Jabroni wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

LOL yea all those industry people he has on his show and the guys who come in studio for a 4 hour show all do not like him. Makes sense.

You'd be surprised the shit they talk behind his back. It's odd how 2faced people can be.

|

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.

10/25/2017 11:50 AM

Jabroni wrote:

You'd be surprised the shit they talk behind his back. It's odd how 2faced people can be.

Sounds like dirt bikers (unfortunately)...

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

10/25/2017 12:20 PM

Jabroni wrote:

jorgechavez wrote:

Jabroni wrote:

Gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omelet. Seems like the most popular reporters of the sport are not the cool guys of the sport, which is actually a good thing.

|

10/25/2017 12:23 PM

SCR wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

According to the article. Number one factor is to make sure if a rider goes off course he is safer.
It also says number two factor is it allows them to build up the bowls turns.
It sounds a bit counter intuitive. Make a catch fence, then make a bigger ramp to launch into the fence.

|

10/25/2017 12:25 PM

peelout wrote:

Photo

Photo

Photo

Bro, I think we may have found something Ridgeline beds are good for. . .

https://instagram.com/p/BarSq3LBoW-/

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

10/25/2017 12:45 PM

early wrote:

Gotta break some eggs if you want to make an omelet. Seems like the most popular reporters of the sport are not the cool guys of the sport, which is actually a good thing.

Media with agendas aren't practicing journalism.

If you're gonna be a "journalist", you never let it get personal. That line is continually crossed.

Tho, I wont pretend Matthes or MX have the monopoly on that. You see media in all sports & politics let things get personal and then hide behind their "journalist" badge to defend their breach of industry ethics. And in more established sports we aint talking mechanics turned bloggers/podcasters. Were talking formally trained journalists AND editors that should know better.

We as consumers should set the bar higher and ask more of our media. Deeming them a success because they piss people off is setting the bar incredibly low dont you think?

|

10/25/2017 12:53 PM

SCR wrote:

According to the article. Number one factor is to make sure if a rider goes off course he is safer.
It sounds a bit counter intuitive. Make a catch fence, then make a bigger ramp to launch into the fence.

They may say that, but the REAL big concern is protecting from liability of a bike whiskey-ing off the berm and into crowd. The disappearance of bowl turns was specifically after Goerke launched his bike into empty stands at practice for Indiana SX.

|

10/25/2017 12:58 PM

Beta testing means they needed reliable bikes laughing
Photo

The reason this hasn't been announced is there will be series points added for scoring a goal with a ball placed on the previous tabletop.wink

Photo

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

10/25/2017 1:10 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

SCR wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

They may say that, but the REAL big concern is protecting from liability of a bike whiskey-ing off the berm and into crowd. The disappearance of bowl turns was specifically after Goerke launched his bike into empty stands at practice for Indiana SX.

I wouldn't disagree with you on that.
I guess my thought is, if bikes and riders flying out of bowl turns is dangerous then don't make a bigger launch.

|

10/25/2017 1:20 PM

SCR wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

SCR wrote:

I wouldn't disagree with you on that.
I guess my thought is, if bikes and riders flying out of bowl turns is dangerous then don't make a bigger launch.

But bowl turns offer for more padding options. Riders are pushing for bigger bowl corners so the nets allow for this while protecting the crowd from launching bikes.

|

10/25/2017 1:25 PM

ML512 wrote:

But bowl turns offer for more padding options. Riders are pushing for bigger bowl corners so the nets allow for this while protecting the crowd from launching bikes.

But that would be one helluva souvenir!

|

10/25/2017 1:29 PM

Random story:

I was at an arenacross in Fort Worth probably 15 years ago and a guy went off the track over a bowl turn and literally landed in a horse stall. The opening into the stall was like a 3 x 6 foot rectangle at the top of the stall.
I can't for the life of me remember who it was but I know he was relatively well known at the time in arenacross. Maybe Tommy Hofmaster...

|

10/25/2017 1:45 PM

ML512 wrote:

Makes sense to me. Sounds like an improvement.

Not sure why there is pushback on this. More passing equals more fun for everyone.

|

10/25/2017 2:06 PM

Jabroni wrote:

Media with agendas aren't practicing journalism.

If you're gonna be a "journalist", you never let it get personal. That line is continually crossed.

Tho, I wont pretend Matthes or MX have the monopoly on that. You see media in all sports & politics let things get personal and then hide behind their "journalist" badge to defend their breach of industry ethics. And in more established sports we aint talking mechanics turned bloggers/podcasters. Were talking formally trained journalists AND editors that should know better.

We as consumers should set the bar higher and ask more of our media. Deeming them a success because they piss people off is setting the bar incredibly low dont you think?

There are definitley times he should not say the things he does, but to disqualify his content that is for the most part credible and relevent because people with their own vested interest dont like him is a bit antithetical to what you have just described.

|