Matthes ... hypocrite..

jemcee
10/3/2019 1:08am
Zeke27G wrote:
Does anyone else only hear Mirtha Jung’s voice when they read the word “hypocrite”? [img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/636d5a0ba0df4f4ca6645c9e20ee9375/tenor.gif[/img]
Does anyone else only hear Mirtha Jung’s voice when they read the word “hypocrite”?

Ooooh Penelope Cruz! If the real Mirtha is anything like her I can definitely see why George Jung took a chance with that nutter haha
Bjorn645
Fantasy
1076th
10/3/2019 1:36am
I would agree this wasnt Matthes best work - seemed to be reaching for controversy and arguing for the sake of arguing. Wont stop me from listening again next week though, always good insights!
mmcmx
10/3/2019 1:39am
This years MXdN sucked, the track sucked and weather sucked, I ffw all motos.

Plus making MXoN on a sandpit is stupid as fuck, 99% of mx around the world is on hard pack. Cant celebrate the sport in conditions most riders will find miserable. And without elevation changes it's terrible for spectators too, better to stay home and watch on tv.

Barrett57
10/3/2019 1:53am
mmcmx wrote:
This years MXdN sucked, the track sucked and weather sucked, I ffw all motos. Plus making MXoN on a sandpit is stupid as fuck, 99% of...
This years MXdN sucked, the track sucked and weather sucked, I ffw all motos.

Plus making MXoN on a sandpit is stupid as fuck, 99% of mx around the world is on hard pack. Cant celebrate the sport in conditions most riders will find miserable. And without elevation changes it's terrible for spectators too, better to stay home and watch on tv.

Which riders find sand miserable? These are the best riders in the world, none of them have trouble in sand.

The Shop

Scott_Bate
10/3/2019 2:53am
Oh Man loving this post but looks I am late to the party 5 pages full before I even knew. I love the PulpMX Show and will always listen every week and I think Steve is awesome for what he has created he is definitely the best in the business so please don't ever stop 4 -5 hours of awesomeness but hell yes he is a Hypocrite big time!!!!!!!!!! He loves to stir the pot and he is so opinionated and goes on and on and on about what he does not like and he annoys the hell out of me every show but I enjoy him more than he annoys me so I will never stop listening. I have listened from literally day 1 the one question I have is Steve have you ever gone back and listened to any shows where you have ranted and carried on like a pork chop? If so and you still think nothing wrong with that then good for you sir what a world you live in LOL. As much as you frustrate me sometimes I think I would be sad if you ever stopped being an opinionated, stirring, annoying Canadian ruffling American and European and JT$ feathers.
Dougy1
10/3/2019 4:01am
Mathes is right. ... who the fuck cares about mxon , I can’t wait for A1. ✌🏽
chadder44
10/3/2019 4:19am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2019 4:21am
Forgive me as this was probably discussed on either Matthes' or Zach's podcast, but do we know if their diets suffered over there? I assume with Aldon that Zach and Jason had strict regimes they followed, but Jason driving 6 hours for chipotle in his video makes me wonder. I'm pumped they went over early to get acclimated and prepared -and I'm not trying to make excuses - but maybe spending a month there with a slightly different diet screwed with their strength/endurance?

Regardless, I think riding in those conditions, a good start for any of them could have resulted in a win. A bad start in those conditions makes it so even the best riders have bad luck, bad vision, bad lines, bad rhythm. That being said, the fact that Herlings came through the pack the way he did both motos was incredible to watch.
Robgvx
10/3/2019 4:31am
Zach looks a bit like Wee Man.

That’s all I can offer.
PJRAUS
10/3/2019 4:45am
teamddr wrote:
If you think I’m an idiot because I called you out and I messed up some spelling so be it. But man to fly over the...
If you think I’m an idiot because I called you out and I messed up some spelling so be it.
But man to fly over the Atlantic and completely tear down an event that everyone enjoys ( including some Americans).
Serious question did you come over the MXoN because
A. You hate it but you make lots of money for being a negative journalist
B. You want to cheer on your country and enjoy the international flavour the event is unique for

I would rather be an idiot than xenophobic (I hope spelled that right)
Matthes wrote:
That's awesome you had a good time. I'm not a "fan" like you, I don't care who wins or loses. I go to the race to...
That's awesome you had a good time. I'm not a "fan" like you, I don't care who wins or loses.

I go to the race to cover it properly, the good and the bad. Go back and read what I wrote about past MXDN's, I call it like I see it and this year, with lack of star power (one "main" team had their best team there), a poor track, bad weather, way less atmosphere than past MXDN's I've been to (12 in a row in case you're counting). Add it all up and you have an average event.

That's fine you loved it but it doesn't warrant you calling me a clown.

teamddr wrote:
I think anyone who said “the USA is never going to win the MXON again” can be considered a clown yes “Lack of star power” that’s...
I think anyone who said “the USA is never going to win the MXON again” can be considered a clown yes
“Lack of star power” that’s just an insult to the riders that attended, I suppose the current MXGP and MX2 world champions don’t quite cut it for you but hey this idiot was happy with the quality on view.
Im with you Irish cuz..whoever goes is whoever goes..they are all amongst the best thier countries have to offer..its awesome that the mxon even exists!
I thought the idea of having it at the Assen Tt facility was great...nobody can help THE weather...
Regardless of the weather, the video I saw made me think it was a great atmosphere and the racing was pretty intense!
Very happy with how the young guys on my country's team rode...so glad they were picked.
In typical fashion , the racing was somewhat overshadowed by bad luck stories all around..
The highlights for me were Australias young riders in the qualifying races...the fact that THE USA had 3 very talented and proud riders give it their all and finally the Dutch guys winning...Coldenhoff with his flawless rides and Herlings late race beserk rise through the field...in that slop? ..just next level riding!
Crush
10/3/2019 4:56am
Well, all I've learned from this thread is no-one here is getting enough head.
PJRAUS
10/3/2019 5:06am
Crush wrote:
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dougy1
10/3/2019 5:21am
chadder44 wrote:
Forgive me as this was probably discussed on either Matthes' or Zach's podcast, but do we know if their diets suffered over there? I assume with...
Forgive me as this was probably discussed on either Matthes' or Zach's podcast, but do we know if their diets suffered over there? I assume with Aldon that Zach and Jason had strict regimes they followed, but Jason driving 6 hours for chipotle in his video makes me wonder. I'm pumped they went over early to get acclimated and prepared -and I'm not trying to make excuses - but maybe spending a month there with a slightly different diet screwed with their strength/endurance?

Regardless, I think riding in those conditions, a good start for any of them could have resulted in a win. A bad start in those conditions makes it so even the best riders have bad luck, bad vision, bad lines, bad rhythm. That being said, the fact that Herlings came through the pack the way he did both motos was incredible to watch.
The stats and lap times don’t lie for the last how ever many years
The US were going finish off the podium even if it were dry .
Some crew can’t hack the fact that at outdoors the Euros got you fully covered.. and I’m not just talking Herling’s and Coldenhoff ..
Diet, jet lag, rain, shit track blah blah blah it’s all bullshit

No dis respect to your post .. just my opinion
Dougy1
10/3/2019 5:22am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2019 5:31am
Crush wrote:
What’s that ? 😀
stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
10/3/2019 5:31am
DeStouwer wrote:
Well, my opinion about the MXoN '19... There was indeed less atmosphere and crowds as previous years in GB, Italy, France,... But that could be the...
Well, my opinion about the MXoN '19...

There was indeed less atmosphere and crowds as previous years in GB, Italy, France,... But that could be the weather to blame. No one cheers for a full day in the pouring rain. On Saturday when it was dry, the racing was pretty good. But laptimes didn't drop that much towards Sunday. I've taken a look on laptimes when the track was at his worst (last moto of the day):

Fastest lap Qualifying race Open: 1:48.233
Fastest lap MXGP + Open race: 1:58.112

The differences between laptimes from 1st to 20th got bigger ofcourse.

One could blame the organiser for planning the race at the beginning of fall, but a week prior to MXoN it still was around 25°C in Western Europe. That's just bad luck.

As for the Matthes - podcast - whatever... Each their own opinion. You can't like everyone's, neither do they with yours.
I cheered for 2 full days in the rain at Red Bud last year. I also downed about 50 Busch Lattes so that helped.
canciaro
10/3/2019 6:28am
The fact that here are people bashing Matthes for whatever takes he does have is amazing, im sure if he had not started his Pulp empire you would be listening to 10 hours of nothing a week at your desk.

Keep up the good work Steve, also probably should get off this forum, the quality of posts and topics has plummeted around here this past year.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
10/3/2019 7:26am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2019 7:27am
I sure wish the US would get their shit together and go on a 9-10 year MXDN winning streak. Only then will the race be significant again in the eyes of many US fans🙄

To me it’s the biggest race of the year and it’s not based on who wins/looses. Thank god there are still some US riders who take the time/effort to participate
KDXGarage
10/3/2019 7:28am
" the quality of posts and topics has plummeted around here this past year."

past year!? Just look back three pages, and you will see some guy put Auburn above Alabama. Yes! It's that bad around here now!
Motox627!
10/3/2019 7:32am
Convinced in the world of Vital some billionaire could start a team for privateers, pay them shit tons to race, have naked monster girls, serve free beer in the pits, and some would still find a way to shit all over or it or find something wrong with it. Matthes is just one of many guys that i am glad we have in our sport. We have way more "insider info" than we ever had in the 90's and 00's and i think it has a lot to do with the people (Matthes, JT$, Weege) that we have involved now. Is everyone going to agree with what they say, or how they say it - no. Don't like it, don't listen. Pretty fucking simple.....

mx_563
10/3/2019 7:50am
I don't think Matthes is a hypocrite. I just think he lacks the skills to effectively articulate his thoughts sometimes.
This can lead to debate not just on message boards but with his pal JT$ as well.
At the same time, his informal "proletarian" vernacular is probably one reason why he's so popular.
DonM
10/3/2019 9:00am
chadder44 wrote:
Forgive me as this was probably discussed on either Matthes' or Zach's podcast, but do we know if their diets suffered over there? I assume with...

Dougy1 wrote:
The stats and lap times don’t lie for the last how ever many years The US were going finish off the podium even if it were...
The stats and lap times don’t lie for the last how ever many years
The US were going finish off the podium even if it were dry .
Some crew can’t hack the fact that at outdoors the Euros got you fully covered.. and I’m not just talking Herling’s and Coldenhoff ..
Diet, jet lag, rain, shit track blah blah blah it’s all bullshit

No dis respect to your post .. just my opinion
Just disrespect to a country and their team....If Cooper had one finish in the top 15 they podium, but bad luck with an injury kept that from happening...Although I don't agree 100% with Matthes but he is right about it being different...
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
10/3/2019 10:26am
Scott_Bate wrote:
Oh Man loving this post but looks I am late to the party 5 pages full before I even knew. I love the PulpMX Show and...
Oh Man loving this post but looks I am late to the party 5 pages full before I even knew. I love the PulpMX Show and will always listen every week and I think Steve is awesome for what he has created he is definitely the best in the business so please don't ever stop 4 -5 hours of awesomeness but hell yes he is a Hypocrite big time!!!!!!!!!! He loves to stir the pot and he is so opinionated and goes on and on and on about what he does not like and he annoys the hell out of me every show but I enjoy him more than he annoys me so I will never stop listening. I have listened from literally day 1 the one question I have is Steve have you ever gone back and listened to any shows where you have ranted and carried on like a pork chop? If so and you still think nothing wrong with that then good for you sir what a world you live in LOL. As much as you frustrate me sometimes I think I would be sad if you ever stopped being an opinionated, stirring, annoying Canadian ruffling American and European and JT$ feathers.
its part of the appeal of the show, and the rants are some of his best work, he has said when he set up the pulpmx show he wanted a howard stern type show, and he hated the structure and professionalism that Paul Lyndsey was trying to bring to it, 400 plus shows later i make sure i tune in for everyone,

500guy
10/3/2019 10:54am
I just don't get the hate Steve gets, the guy is hard core moto through and trough, He has first hand info and normally shares it.

Just because you don't like the message is no reason to kill the messenger.
owndjoo852
10/3/2019 11:01am
I didn’t really get the whole “qualifying practice” thing about Osborne. It was timed practice but not qualifying. The qualifying race was for that. Why hang it out in practice just to put up a top time? The 40 min is for dialing in settings and figuring things out, IMO. Who really cares if you’re not at the top of the board? The qualifying race and actual motos is all that counts.
MaxPower
10/3/2019 11:36am
Mathis yaps for hours every week about moto totally unscripted . Even if he said something that could be taken as hypocritical, one could go by his character and understand that he had no intent of bagging on the racers.
Bramlett321
10/3/2019 12:49pm
Damn here I go again having to get Matthes' back !!! He travels all over not just the country, but the entire world to cover dirt bikes and report on the racing. His writing skills are absolutely amazing, if he's not a damn journalist what the hell is he ? I agreed with you on Magoo, but your shit's way off otherwise.
10/3/2019 11:56pm
No the meaningless energy drink exhibition races are coming up the next few weekends. This thread is only about college football and people that don't even...
No the meaningless energy drink exhibition races are coming up the next few weekends. This thread is only about college football and people that don't even matter. Classic Vital mid week meltdown. It was the most enjoyable race of the year for me as always. USA will win again.
GuyB wrote:
Meaningless? One of them pays the winner $100K, but there's also the possibility of taking home a $1M if they win all three mains. Not sure...
Meaningless? One of them pays the winner $100K, but there's also the possibility of taking home a $1M if they win all three mains. Not sure how that's meaningless.

The other one? It'll make a bunch of two-stroke fans happy. If you've been paying attention around here, that's borderline priceless.
It’s meaningless to fans- fans don’t get excited about big payouts, do they?
I just want to see a race.
MXON far far far outweighs RBSR & MEC in my world.
akmx17
10/4/2019 1:31am
No the meaningless energy drink exhibition races are coming up the next few weekends. This thread is only about college football and people that don't even...
No the meaningless energy drink exhibition races are coming up the next few weekends. This thread is only about college football and people that don't even matter. Classic Vital mid week meltdown. It was the most enjoyable race of the year for me as always. USA will win again.
GuyB wrote:
Meaningless? One of them pays the winner $100K, but there's also the possibility of taking home a $1M if they win all three mains. Not sure...
Meaningless? One of them pays the winner $100K, but there's also the possibility of taking home a $1M if they win all three mains. Not sure how that's meaningless.

The other one? It'll make a bunch of two-stroke fans happy. If you've been paying attention around here, that's borderline priceless.
It’s meaningless to fans- fans don’t get excited about big payouts, do they? I just want to see a race. MXON far far far outweighs RBSR...
I get pretty excited watching someone win the million or come damn close to it
10/4/2019 1:39am
It’s meaningless to fans- fans don’t get excited about big payouts, do they? I just want to see a race. MXON far far far outweighs RBSR...
I don’t think the payout itself really gets any fans too excited but it sure seems to entice the riders that believe they can win the big payout. I think the potential for good racing with some of the best riders in the world always gets fans excited, though.
10/4/2019 3:18am
Definitely a bias hypocrite.....still entertaining and a link to otherwise unobtainable insights in my favourite sport 😊

Post a reply to: Matthes ... hypocrite..

The Latest