Matthes ... hypocrite..

philG
Edited Date/Time 10/8/2019 12:57pm
'Anyone who bags on these guys , i am going to find them and burn there house down'

And then this weeks show... Osborne came on and Matthes after ranting earlier 'why was he 6th in qualifying' then asks Zach the same question look dude, practice is just that, gate pick is from a ballot, no point wadding in a ball to be top of a session that means fuck all.

Thank god JT$ had a proper take on it and sees it for what it is , its a day where anything can happen and it normally does.

And why the fuck should the GP season change to fit in with the NFL calendar . Dumb as.

Your guys came and put some pride back into the job, and deserve nothing but praise for stepping in when grizzler decided it wasnt for him.

And as for 'never winning again' ,what a load of horseshit.

|
Matthes
10/2/2019 6:31am
I wasn't bagging on Zach although I get an uneducated person might think so. What I was saying was "Help me understand"...Zacho's a top ten rider in the world getting beat in a 40 min qualifying session by riders that would never beat him in the USA. My point being that all you people on message boards going on and on about this side being better than the other need to understand that "it's different". That's all.
ayearinmx
10/2/2019 6:33am
Phil, it's not NFL... it college football, played by kids at university

That's the reason why the world motocross championship should change its schedule
TeamGreen
10/2/2019 6:35am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 6:36am
I like both of these posts (Phil & Matthes).

Nothing like a good argument for the “Off Season”.

Laughing

The Shop

10/2/2019 6:38am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 6:43am
Why are people so angry around here? Get outside and ride, or garden, or go for a walk with your cat. Anything...

Anyone who has ever been engaged in a sport at a high levels knows small differences to the layman are often huge when the difference between athletes is measured in fractions...

Good on Zach and the gang for giving it their best... was gnarly. I hope to see this event continue to flourish for a long time to come. One of the best sporting event experiences of my life attending in 2012.

philG
10/2/2019 6:45am
Matthes wrote:
I wasn't bagging on Zach although I get an uneducated person might think so. What I was saying was "Help me understand"...Zacho's a top ten rider...
I wasn't bagging on Zach although I get an uneducated person might think so. What I was saying was "Help me understand"...Zacho's a top ten rider in the world getting beat in a 40 min qualifying session by riders that would never beat him in the USA. My point being that all you people on message boards going on and on about this side being better than the other need to understand that "it's different". That's all.
Its a 40 min session.. track gets worse every lap, guys who get out there and bang in a lap, fair play, guys that use the 40 min session to set the bike for what the track is going to be like, when its rougher, they might not put a time in for 20 mins.. and as its not even for gate pick so really what does it matter. If Zach finishes the session happy wuth his set up, then thats enough. He could have gone out stupid fast at the start, banged a time in and crashed . What was the point.
philG
10/2/2019 6:48am
ayearinmx wrote:
Phil, it's not NFL... it college football, played by kids at university

That's the reason why the world motocross championship should change its schedule
Ah right, i knew it was something that didnt matter a shit... College football.. jesus .
Casting
10/2/2019 6:54am
The biggest hypocrisy is telling fans to not give riders a hard time about their fantasy score/race result, all the while spending a fair portion of the weekly fantasy podcast trashing riders and joking about how people on the call like JT/Dan/Paul etc would be fired if their group texts over fantasy ever became public.

Glaring hypocrisy at it's finest... "don't do this, but please continue to tune in each week while I continue to do so"

Panic_Rev
10/2/2019 7:01am
philG wrote:
Ah right, i knew it was something that didnt matter a shit... College football.. jesus .
It's kind of a big deal.

Top 20 Most Profitable College Football Programs
The 20 most profitable college football programs made an eye-popping $925 million combined after expenses.

Texas – $92 million
Tennessee – $70 million
LSU – $58 million
Michigan – $56 million
Notre Dame – $54 million
Georgia – $50 million
Ohio State – $50 million
Oklahoma – $48 million
Auburn – $47 million
Alabama – $46 million
Oregon – $40 million
Florida State – $39 million
Arkansas – $38 million
Washington – $38 million
Florida – $37 million
Texas A&M – $37 million
Penn State – $36 million
Michigan State – $32 million
USC – $29 million
South Carolina – $28 million
Matthes
10/2/2019 7:03am
Casting wrote:
The biggest hypocrisy is telling fans to not give riders a hard time about their fantasy score/race result, all the while spending a fair portion of...
The biggest hypocrisy is telling fans to not give riders a hard time about their fantasy score/race result, all the while spending a fair portion of the weekly fantasy podcast trashing riders and joking about how people on the call like JT/Dan/Paul etc would be fired if their group texts over fantasy ever became public.

Glaring hypocrisy at it's finest... "don't do this, but please continue to tune in each week while I continue to do so"

Maybe put the podcast on half speed next time so you can understand what we actually said. What we say is do not contact the riders on social and tell them they let your fantasy team down. What we say amongst us is bench racing, discussion, etc.

Apology accepted.
Jt$
10/2/2019 7:03am
philG wrote:
Panic_Rev wrote:
It's kind of a big deal. Top 20 Most Profitable College Football Programs The 20 most profitable college football programs made an eye-popping $925 million combined...
It's kind of a big deal.

The 20 most profitable college football programs made an eye-popping $925 million combined after expenses.

Texas – $92 million
Tennessee – $70 million
LSU – $58 million
Michigan – $56 million
Notre Dame – $54 million
Georgia – $50 million
Ohio State – $50 million
Oklahoma – $48 million
Auburn – $47 million
Alabama – $46 million
Oregon – $40 million
Arkansas – $38 million
Washington – $38 million
Florida – $37 million
Texas A&M – $37 million
Penn State – $36 million
USC – $29 million
Those are old numbers I would guess? Some of those programs are in the toilet and Alabama is much, much higher these days.
ehr400
10/2/2019 7:06am
And more people watch one game on one weekend then all of a season of MXGP combined. So yeah, kinda big deal. I guess I wouldnt expect anything more out of the same guys from the same island bitching about how we do things in our country and our views.
peltier626
10/2/2019 7:06am
Why are people so angry around here? Get outside and ride, or garden, or go for a walk with your cat. Anything... Anyone who has ever...
Why are people so angry around here? Get outside and ride, or garden, or go for a walk with your cat. Anything...

Anyone who has ever been engaged in a sport at a high levels knows small differences to the layman are often huge when the difference between athletes is measured in fractions...

Good on Zach and the gang for giving it their best... was gnarly. I hope to see this event continue to flourish for a long time to come. One of the best sporting event experiences of my life attending in 2012.

At least someone appreciates elite entertainment.
Panic_Rev
10/2/2019 7:09am
Jt$ wrote:
Those are old numbers I would guess? Some of those programs are in the toilet and Alabama is much, much higher these days.
I spent all of 2 minutes researching numbers. You're most likely correct, but the point that college football is a much bigger business still holds true.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
10/2/2019 7:11am
I see youthsteam in the next few years are going to have to make a decision, either make it more appealing for the US teams, or lose them, and the fans they bring in ,

after this year, with Justin Cooper getting hurt, and the bikes getting trashed, i can see everyone at Kawasaki USA high fiving each other for a good call, not to spend a shit tonne of money in a market that does not pay their bills,

With Suzuki not having that serious an effort in the USA, i can see that maybe for the next while it will only be KTM/Husky guys going, as you have to think Star Yamaha will have serious conversations about not going anymore either,
teamddr
10/2/2019 7:16am
Pity we have to tolerate this clown but his guests are great and some of the worlds best riders are over there and his show is where you can listen to them and hear there stories.
Points he made

Assen is shit

Because we are not winning then the problem is with the event and not us

They conspire against us with their dates and schedules

Herlings was crap

We shouldn’t go

And what’s with all this we and us sh.i
Your from Canada dude

JT get your own show so we don’t have to listen to him again

If I see him at MXON next year I’m gonna ask him if he’s lost

What a whinge and detractor of the best motocross event of the year regardless of the sh.t wheather
Matthes
10/2/2019 7:19am
teamddr wrote:
Pity we have to tolerate this clown but his guests are great and some of the worlds best riders are over there and his show is...
Pity we have to tolerate this clown but his guests are great and some of the worlds best riders are over there and his show is where you can listen to them and hear there stories.
Points he made

Assen is shit

Herlings was crap

We shouldn’t go

Your from Canada dude

What a whinge and detractor of the best motocross event of the year regardless of the sh.t wheather
I had a longer response about how Anton/Zacho mirrored much of what I said, we had deeper discussions about Team USA than what you said in here but it kind of boils down to you're (you didn't use you're properly in there BTW) an idiot.
teamddr
10/2/2019 7:32am
teamddr wrote:
Pity we have to tolerate this clown but his guests are great and some of the worlds best riders are over there and his show is...
Points he made

Assen is shit

Herlings was crap

We shouldn’t go

Your from Canada dude

Matthes wrote:
I had a longer response about how Anton/Zacho mirrored much of what I said, we had deeper discussions about Team USA than what you said in...
I had a longer response about how Anton/Zacho mirrored much of what I said, we had deeper discussions about Team USA than what you said in here but it kind of boils down to you're (you didn't use you're properly in there BTW) an idiot.
If you think I’m an idiot because I called you out and I messed up some spelling so be it.
But man to fly over the Atlantic and completely tear down an event that everyone enjoys ( including some Americans).
Serious question did you come over the MXoN because
A. You hate it but you make lots of money for being a negative journalist
B. You want to cheer on your country and enjoy the international flavour the event is unique for

I would rather be an idiot than xenophobic (I hope spelled that right)
davermz450
10/2/2019 7:33am
If you think Matthes is a ( fill in the blank) then don't listen to his show. It's simple.
philG
10/2/2019 7:36am
Matthes wrote:
Maybe put the podcast on half speed next time so you can understand what we actually said. What we say is do not contact the riders...
Maybe put the podcast on half speed next time so you can understand what we actually said. What we say is do not contact the riders on social and tell them they let your fantasy team down. What we say amongst us is bench racing, discussion, etc.

Apology accepted.
Wasnt from the Podcast, was a tweet from 5 days ago saying that anyone bagging on the guys on social media should have their house torched... i just replied to it so you can find it ..

Apology accepted
teamddr
10/2/2019 7:36am
davermz450 wrote:
If you think Matthes is a ( fill in the blank) then don't listen to his show. It's simple.
Don’t worry man after this one I’m taking your advice
Thanks
Bramlett321
10/2/2019 7:37am
Why on earth are Matthes and JT$ even trying to make this idiot understand. If simply listening to the show with a clear head works for me, then stop drinking the bong water and pay attention for fuks sake!!
Casting
10/2/2019 7:37am
Casting wrote:
The biggest hypocrisy is telling fans to not give riders a hard time about their fantasy score/race result, all the while spending a fair portion of...

Matthes wrote:
Maybe put the podcast on half speed next time so you can understand what we actually said. What we say is do not contact the riders...

Apology accepted.
So we're clear - it's kosher if you talk shit to their face, in front of their families, etc., just not on social media. Seems logical and consistent.

Where does joking about your supposedly harsh group chats fit into this equation? That's just bench racing, right?

If that is the case, you should have no concerns with sharing those messages because Fly and Pro Taper won't care if JT and Paul trash riders they sponsor, it's just bench racing after all.

Apology accepted Wink
Sir
10/2/2019 7:38am
teamddr wrote:
Points he made

Assen is shit

Herlings was crap

We shouldn’t go

Your from Canada dude

Matthes wrote:
I had a longer response about how Anton/Zacho mirrored much of what I said, we had deeper discussions about Team USA than what you said in...
teamddr wrote:
If you think I’m an idiot because I called you out and I messed up some spelling so be it. But man to fly over the...
If you think I’m an idiot because I called you out and I messed up some spelling so be it.
But man to fly over the Atlantic and completely tear down an event that everyone enjoys ( including some Americans).
B. You want to cheer on your country and enjoy the international flavour the event is unique for

His country didn't go so.........
Red Crawford
10/2/2019 7:38am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2019 7:38am
philG wrote:
Panic_Rev wrote:
It's kind of a big deal. Top 20 Most Profitable College Football Programs The 20 most profitable college football programs made an eye-popping $925 million combined...
It's kind of a big deal.

Texas – $92 million
Tennessee – $70 million
LSU – $58 million
Michigan – $56 million
Notre Dame – $54 million
Georgia – $50 million
Ohio State – $50 million
Oklahoma – $48 million
Auburn – $47 million
Alabama – $46 million
Oregon – $40 million
Arkansas – $38 million
Washington – $38 million
Florida – $37 million
Texas A&M – $37 million
Penn State – $36 million
USC – $29 million
Jt$ wrote:
Value of the program is not related to wins in all cases. The figure is based on fund-raising, conference TV purse share, memorabilia, etc. You would be mind blown at how rich some of the southern universities really are---and not necessarily successful on the field.
Matthes
10/2/2019 7:38am
teamddr wrote:
If you think I’m an idiot because I called you out and I messed up some spelling so be it. But man to fly over the...

That's awesome you had a good time. I'm not a "fan" like you, I don't care who wins or loses.

I go to the race to cover it properly, the good and the bad. Go back and read what I wrote about past MXDN's, I call it like I see it and this year, with lack of star power (one "main" team had their best team there), a poor track, bad weather, way less atmosphere than past MXDN's I've been to (12 in a row in case you're counting). Add it all up and you have an average event.

That's fine you loved it but it doesn't warrant you calling me a clown.

philG
10/2/2019 7:39am
The irony that US MX gets pushed off TV for a multi million dollar sport that doesnt pay the partipants isnt lost on me.
Matthes
10/2/2019 7:40am
philG wrote:
Wasnt from the Podcast, was a tweet from 5 days ago saying that anyone bagging on the guys on social media should have their house torched...
Wasnt from the Podcast, was a tweet from 5 days ago saying that anyone bagging on the guys on social media should have their house torched... i just replied to it so you can find it ..

Apology accepted
Phil's lost...he thinks this comment was for him.

Post a reply to: Matthes ... hypocrite..

The Latest