Matthes and the 800

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 2/4/2015 2:07am
Matthes had a really good point at the end of the pulp mx show yesterday. People need to start accepting Mike and stop hating so much because none of these people have real reasons as to why they hate him. When he does well, say that he did well and congratulate him... Don't go onto his twitter comments and tell him he sucks and should retire. He is a nice guy and it kills me that people treat it like they have a mission to hate on him and have something personal against him. People make mistakes, he has F'ed up before, and so have all of us. Maybe I'm an idiot for posting this but it is really something i have noticed and it really bugs me. People congratulate guys for getting 15th but when Mike gets 15th, he needs to retire. It just makes no sense.
|
RbR
2/3/2015 5:58pm
Mike seems like a real stand up guy and a truly committed professional. And MAN, who is his SX riding coach? ... his skills through the whoops are nearly on par with the best in the sport.
ChrisB10
2/3/2015 6:11pm
If I had Tony as a dad I'd be in an alley somewhere shooting heroin and living in box. Gotta give the kid credit.
JW381
2/3/2015 6:13pm
I agree, people are way too hard on him. Not that he doesn't earn a fair share of it himself or from his family. But agreed, people need to lighten up on him a little. Its pointless.
500guy
2/3/2015 6:21pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
If I had Tony as a dad I'd be in an alley somewhere shooting heroin and living in box. Gotta give the kid credit.
And you just had to share this ?

Dumbgeon!

The Shop

mtl
2/3/2015 6:22pm

I will never respect Alessi as a racer. Too many times he has blurred the line between being competitive and cheating..
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
2/3/2015 6:26pm
It is an unfortunate reality of social media, which typically shows more about the poster than the rider.

I've been impressed with Mikes improvements in Supercross this year.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
2/3/2015 6:42pm
RbR wrote:
Mike seems like a real stand up guy and a truly committed professional. And MAN, who is his SX riding coach? ... his skills through the...
Mike seems like a real stand up guy and a truly committed professional. And MAN, who is his SX riding coach? ... his skills through the whoops are nearly on par with the best in the sport.
From the outside looking in, I would bet it has more to do with Mike's deep amount of determination to get better and improve his craft vs. a coach. Of course a coach can help, but Mike has proven he's willing to put in the time and effort to improve as a racer time and time again.
500guy
2/3/2015 6:53pm
From the outside looking in, I would bet it has more to do with Mike's deep amount of determination to get better and improve his craft...
From the outside looking in, I would bet it has more to do with Mike's deep amount of determination to get better and improve his craft vs. a coach. Of course a coach can help, but Mike has proven he's willing to put in the time and effort to improve as a racer time and time again.
He seemed to have a break through last year when Byrne was helping him and continues to improve.

Mike is as talented and works as hard as any of them hopefully He can continue to improve.
stewie94
2/3/2015 7:12pm
despite the questionable moves of mikey , i really like him , outstanding rider & just a nice guy , but the drama tht comes with mike thts a whole another story & its not all his fault but unfortunately he gets caught in it
Bob693
2/3/2015 7:34pm
Can't say I've always been a fan but the way people have been over the top dickheads to him and his family makes me pull for the kid. I know he's done some questionable things over the years, but you can't deny his heart or determination. Since day one when they had those shirts made people have loved to hate on him. I respect the fact that he's still at it despite all the extra crap he endures.
bonseff
2/3/2015 7:54pm
Dude should have been a drag racer.

Consistently leading opening laps in qualies/mains and then consistently falling back to double digits can't be good for anyone's ego. Don't care who you are. I feel for the dude. He's a headcase, obviously is in shape, but just scoots over as laps continue. Honestly, it is and has been hard to watch.

So then we have to dive into the psyche, and quickly point the finger at pops. But we all know why we ride, its to live in the moment and instincts kick in, dude simply doesn't have that killer instinct. But his starts are sick.. that is his talent. I'm telling ya, git this dude a funny car or dragster. Leverage that talent. Quit trying to prove the manufactured hype from so long ago.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/3/2015 8:36pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
It is an unfortunate reality of social media, which typically shows more about the poster than the rider. I've been impressed with Mikes improvements in Supercross...
It is an unfortunate reality of social media, which typically shows more about the poster than the rider.

I've been impressed with Mikes improvements in Supercross this year.
Yeah, which is why I know that if I post a photo of Mike on Instagram, it'll attract a whole bunch of twerps whose moms raised them poorly, and I'll end up cleaning them up and and dropping in a #justsaynotoantisocialmedia
ChrisB10
2/3/2015 8:39pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
500guy wrote:
And you just had to share this ?

Dumbgeon!
Sarcasm. Way to pick up on that genius.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3600th
2/3/2015 8:47pm
Yea cuz there's no respect in being one of the top 20 sx riders in the world.....
dboivin
2/3/2015 8:59pm
his dad is a fruitloop and he suffers from association. want to fix the problem of no respect, ditch his manager (dad) and you would see a world of change from everyone, the fans, the riders and his self.

sorry. most of us aren't hating on mike, we are hating on his success getting squashed by everything other than his talent. wish the best for him but i can't get past the antics that surround them. I would sit here and list them all but i don't have that much time. I don't think they are good ambassadors for our sport....actually they jerry springer it.

that being said, good luck to him this year, he needs it.

17th
DNS
19th
18th
9th
bonseff
2/3/2015 9:16pm
dboivin wrote:
his dad is a fruitloop and he suffers from association. want to fix the problem of no respect, ditch his manager (dad) and you would see...
his dad is a fruitloop and he suffers from association. want to fix the problem of no respect, ditch his manager (dad) and you would see a world of change from everyone, the fans, the riders and his self.

sorry. most of us aren't hating on mike, we are hating on his success getting squashed by everything other than his talent. wish the best for him but i can't get past the antics that surround them. I would sit here and list them all but i don't have that much time. I don't think they are good ambassadors for our sport....actually they jerry springer it.

that being said, good luck to him this year, he needs it.

17th
DNS
19th
18th
9th
yea, hard truth is hard,
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
2/3/2015 10:29pm
Greatest holeshot artist in the sports history and one of the friendliest guys in the pits. Has shown great improvement in his SX skills.

Anyone know if he will ever race the US Nationals again? If not I would love to see him move to the GP's......where all the fast guys are going Smile
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
2/3/2015 10:41pm
considering the shit that the team owner, Tony, and Jeff have thrown at Matthes over the years, i think he takes the high road and talks of the good things Mike does, Mikes finishes this year have probably not been where he wants but he puts in good effort, and to qualify for the main every week in this field on a non factory supported bike is a big deal, and he should be commended for it, and also winning a heat race is awesome as well,

its also interesting that Matthes does not speak of Tommy Hahn at all, (in his rundown of the top 20 in observations its always just left blank under Tommy's name)
2/3/2015 10:43pm
Heat 2 of Anaheim 3 when Mike pulled the holeshot and led a few laps over Dungey, he looked fantastic. Fast over the whoops, fast around the corners and hammering the jumps. Yes he went back a bit, but look at the riders...AMA outdoor and World champions and Supercross champions. He isnt going to get it easy but he is showing massive improvement and if the stars align, could be a top 5 threat in the future.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
2/3/2015 11:07pm
If only the guys that have no own opinion - but just talk shit about him because they read it on the internet that other people dont like him - would shut up, it would be really helpful I guess.
dboivin
2/3/2015 11:23pm Edited Date/Time 2/3/2015 11:29pm
crusty_xx wrote:
If only the guys that have no own opinion - but just talk shit about him because they read it on the internet that other people...
If only the guys that have no own opinion - but just talk shit about him because they read it on the internet that other people dont like him - would shut up, it would be really helpful I guess.
earth to space cadet.....its a public professional sport. Image is everything. the whole sport revolves around advertising. tony has fucked mike so hard in this department its not even funny. Hes on a bike with no name, he has a team owner that is as oblivious as it gets to the sport...for the love of god, they were relegated to racing the canadian nationals last year. REALLY? (no offense matthes, lol).

top tier national mx'r has to race the canadian nationals? why? because of his dad and every other circus that has revolved around him for the last 10 years.

want respect, don't surround yourself with douchebags. its not rocket science. so sick of alessi cheerleaders coddling the guy telling him he needs more respect. fix your circus and everything will fix itself.

people have a hard time with hearing the truth?

maybe tony should make me up one of those sweet contracts...or maybe i can sign off with my phone number here but i'm almost positive the only person that would call it would actually be tony to try to talk to sense into me. (don't laugh cause you know its true).
The Rock
2/3/2015 11:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/4/2015 12:43am
This sentiment coming from a long time Alessi supporter like Matthes really touches me.
bd
2/3/2015 11:35pm
These folks are not telling Mike Alessi he sucks or he is not their favorite rider...... they are telling Mike Alessi to kill himself, injure himself, and they hate him. Its unwarranted attacks in Mike Alessi. Like every human being, he's made some mistakes. Its bullying..... and stinks of cowardness. Many celebrities and athletes receive this abuse.
Jeremy200
2/4/2015 1:05am
jhansen510 wrote:
Yea cuz there's no respect in being one of the top 20 sx riders in the world.....
this.

we forget that everyone in that night show is awesome and dont get half the respect they deserve - even Freise.
plowboy
2/4/2015 1:40am
I like Mike and Jeffie and yes Tony too. They are no different than my family, friends, co-workers, and random people I encounter every day...including myself. Full of flaws, crazy opinions and bullshit. In other words...real people. I do envy them because they are living MY DREAM. Wish them all the best.
2/4/2015 1:58am
Anonymous wrote:
Matthes had a really good point at the end of the pulp mx show yesterday. People need to start accepting Mike and stop hating so much...
Matthes had a really good point at the end of the pulp mx show yesterday. People need to start accepting Mike and stop hating so much because none of these people have real reasons as to why they hate him. When he does well, say that he did well and congratulate him... Don't go onto his twitter comments and tell him he sucks and should retire. He is a nice guy and it kills me that people treat it like they have a mission to hate on him and have something personal against him. People make mistakes, he has F'ed up before, and so have all of us. Maybe I'm an idiot for posting this but it is really something i have noticed and it really bugs me. People congratulate guys for getting 15th but when Mike gets 15th, he needs to retire. It just makes no sense.
Absolutely an excellent comment! I know nothing of Mike personally, but in the non race settings ive seen him under on tv leads me to think that Mike is probably a very decent young man. He is just under enormous personal pressure.*hint hint*
2/4/2015 2:07am
bd wrote:
These folks are not telling Mike Alessi he sucks or he is not their favorite rider...... they are telling Mike Alessi to kill himself, injure himself...
These folks are not telling Mike Alessi he sucks or he is not their favorite rider...... they are telling Mike Alessi to kill himself, injure himself, and they hate him. Its unwarranted attacks in Mike Alessi. Like every human being, he's made some mistakes. Its bullying..... and stinks of cowardness. Many celebrities and athletes receive this abuse.
Unfortunately, motocross attracts childish and emotionally stunted little bags of shit, since that seems to cover the 12-27 age group these days, unfortunately. A society with no shame or consequences leads to teenagers wishing death on another human, in cyberspace for everyone to see. Bunch of semi-literate little goons, that sends those messages to mike. Ive seen a ton of petty and childish little bullshit directed at jeff and mike, right in these pages of vital. Always the same two or three weasels with low self esteem and think theyre the kings of comedy by mentioning "lasers".

Post a reply to: Matthes and the 800

The Latest