Matthes and his 18 RMZ450

Related:
Create New Tag

3/8/2018 1:32 AM

Matthes states he got himself a 2018 RMZ450 and he loves it.
I for one, would LOVE TO SEE him spinning some laps on a real moto track.
Anyone with a vid link for this ?

3/8/2018 1:41 AM

Someone had a clip of him ripping a corner on their instagram, dude knows how to twist a throttle.

3/8/2018 1:43 AM

He is way too fast. The camera can't keep up with him.

3/8/2018 4:05 AM

I am willing to bet Steve would surprise a lot of us with his speed. Hell I see dude Steves size every time I go to the track.

I come to Vital for news and end up looking through every 100 page project thread!

3/8/2018 4:30 AM

mike.deblanco wrote:

Matthes states he got himself a 2018 RMZ450 and he loves it.
I for one, would LOVE TO SEE him spinning some laps on a real moto track.
Anyone with a vid link for this ?

I bet if you post a video of you ripping he will do the same !!

3/8/2018 5:35 AM

tobz wrote:

Someone had a clip of him ripping a corner on their instagram, dude knows how to twist a throttle.

i have ridden with him, yup.

3/8/2018 5:39 AM

mmain62 wrote:

I am willing to bet Steve would surprise a lot of us with his speed. Hell I see dude Steves size every time I go to the track.

Does the guy you're referencing ride a CR250 two stroke? I saw a big dude at the Club MX Open house a few years back (heavy guy mind you) who could 'frickin shred.

3/8/2018 6:13 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2018 6:13 AM

Motofinne wrote:

He is way too fast. The camera can't keep up with him.

It’s no problem, he’s really fast but there are giant nets all the way around the track!

Plus if he got a bike, he’s trying to get in shape now!

3/8/2018 8:05 AM

Great that Steve is getting/making time to ride again. That's awesome for anyone.

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

3/8/2018 8:21 AM

“Goose, it’s time to buzz the tower.”

3/8/2018 8:26 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I didn't know Ron Farva from super troopers rode a YZ! Steve's the man!

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

3/8/2018 9:06 AM

mmain62 wrote:

TJMX947 wrote:

Does the guy you're referencing ride a CR250 two stroke? I saw a big dude at the Club MX Open house a few years back (heavy guy mind you) who could 'frickin shred.

Im in Illinois so probably not the same dude but, I am a firm believer in not judging a book by its cover. Ive rolled up on some dudes and thought , no way this guy has anything for me and then I get smoked until he runs out of air of course, but still.

I come to Vital for news and end up looking through every 100 page project thread!

3/8/2018 9:14 AM

Kick start is a huge component of the training program, lowered his choices.

Love the podcasts. ??

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

3/8/2018 9:38 AM

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Saw a guy pull up to the track a few years ago. Mint 06 RM250, looked dead stock. Guy was bald, overweight, 40's or 50's. Mixed and matched old riding gear from the 90/early 2000's.

Guy goes out and doesn't even take a sight lap, hucks every jump and starts running with the fastest guy on the track. And not for just a lap or two ether.

3/8/2018 11:24 AM

I'd also like to add to the "don't judge by looks" topic. A couple yrs ago me and my bro lined up in college boy class at our local track (TV Land MX owned by Trevor Vines) and there was a guy around our age, but probably weighed around 240lbs and was on a brand new Honda 450 with all new gear. We chuckled and made comments about how all the slow goons always got the nicest bike and gear. Well, we took off for our first moto and the dude gets the holeshot. I quickly pass to get into 3rd behind my brother in 2nd and the fat dude in the lead and think to myself how all I gotta do is stay with my bro and try to get him and the fat dude will be easy. I was wrong. I watched that guy drop us by a few secs and then just hold steady for the rest of the race. Same thing happened 2nd moto. His corner speed was good....Maybe he just had better traction...

2009 KX450F
2015 Ninja 1000

3/8/2018 12:00 PM

mmain62 wrote:

Im in Illinois so probably not the same dude but, I am a firm believer in not judging a book by its cover. Ive rolled up on some dudes and thought , no way this guy has anything for me and then I get smoked until he runs out of air of course, but still.

I think you and BillyP and I are talking about the same guy. This guy I'm talking about was from the Ohio/Indiana/Michigan area. If I find a pic of him I'll post it.

3/8/2018 12:14 PM

Jojo Keller was the exact same at the local races in New England circa 2012. Big fella who was real fast..

3/8/2018 12:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2018 12:19 PM

you guys are describing brad kress from michigan. lol. old pro...big bald dude now. shreds. he lost a lot of weight this year tho.

3/8/2018 12:17 PM

Was it this guy? If so it's Chris Macan and he flat out hauls ass! I don't know him personally but I've seen him at the local tracks and always has a smile on his face with lightning speed.

3/8/2018 12:42 PM

fat guys can fly, I was 20lbs heavier back then circa 2011ish

kcco

3/8/2018 1:06 PM

I honestly cant name them because I hadn't raced since 2013 until this past weekend. When I rolled up to staging I was trying to decide who I could maybe hang with, but you don't know if you haven't raced in so long ya know. I'm looking forward to this season in +25 because every 1st moto will be a guessing game. I do follow that Jacob Johnson dude on instagram I think he's so-cal based but he rips and is a chunky dude.

3/8/2018 2:01 PM

Twitter: @ftemoto
Instagram: @mstusiak

3/8/2018 2:20 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

Wow, not sure if I want to see how that ended.

3/8/2018 2:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/8/2018 2:32 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

Holy shit...I guess this proves that nothing matters but rider skill. Just bring it on!

3/8/2018 2:42 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Wow, not sure if I want to see how that ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOGTwnrKc4g Maybe ended something like this?

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?

3/8/2018 2:57 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

TFS!! Must have seatbounced

Doc Holliday cheated

3/8/2018 3:12 PM

I'd like to know how you guys can pick a fast guy from a slow guy just by looking at them off the bike???? I know a few overweight out of shape guys that can haul the mail without using much energy...... watching a fat dude really haul ass on a bike is actually kind of a thing of beauty........and never follow one close as they hook up like a mofo and throw massive roost.

3/8/2018 3:28 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

Johnny Ringo wrote:

TFS!! Must have seatbounced

RIP TFS. Seat bounce, the thread had its own life.

I do remember when I slowed way down buying gear, a little ass handed to by a young fellow in a hockey jersey.
Concentrate on fresh rubber instead.

JS7 is the most entertaining rider since Hannah, my first hero,. even living in the frozen north.
Dirt biking from 11 to late 50’s, loves wood riding on the old 525.

3/8/2018 3:31 PM

I too have been roosted by well fed gentlemen. just like fighting. you never know what your getting into.
as far as what someones set up is. who cares. some like neat trick stuff, others not. ride and have fun.

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

3/8/2018 3:32 PM

FreshTopEnd wrote:

easydoesit wrote:

Holy shit...I guess this proves that nothing matters but rider skill. Just bring it on!

1) that isn’t even a dirt bike, it has slicks on it
2) that guy would have had a heart attack by the point in the jump
3) if he did land it, he is 4 inches shorter now!