Matthes, JT comments on PEDs

kkawboy14
12/14/2017 1:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2017 3:29pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Bingo

Also, and this is for the Ever Knowledgeable and Ubber Informed Peanut Gallery...

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN THRU THE T.U.E. PROCESS?
JeepnMike wrote:
You might want to add "has anybody been through the T.U.E process successfully". The JS7 stuff was a mess enough, ask Clason how he feels about...
You might want to add "has anybody been through the T.U.E process successfully". The JS7 stuff was a mess enough, ask Clason how he feels about the process and how it is working out for the people that feel they are doing everything right.

Clason's story got me thinking a bit of how this is going to look in the future. I would love to see the statistics for kids under the age of 20 that are on Adderall (or similar). My son is on it, I know at least 5 kids in just his class that are on it, there is a whole generation of kids being prescribed ADD medications for behavioral issues. The stack of T.U.E paperwork is going to get pretty thick going forward, I hope the process improves.

TeamGreen wrote:
Very nice and an excellent point. Some of these riders have spent THREE YEARS+ getting/attempting to get...a TUE for a condition that's been diagnosed by -multiple-...
Very nice and an excellent point. Some of these riders have spent THREE YEARS+ getting/attempting to get...a TUE for a condition that's been diagnosed by -multiple- doctors. Not that any of that matters to the gossip crew.

"Yeah, but, this one time at Band Camp..."
Again if that’s really the case that is not on vital, that’s on the powers implementing the system!
NorCal 50+
12/14/2017 1:59pm
MX Guy wrote:
This thread is such a blemish on the face of the industry. Complaining about PED's so you can sit in front of your TV on Saturday...
This thread is such a blemish on the face of the industry. Complaining about PED's so you can sit in front of your TV on Saturday for entertainment regardless, I don't see why some of you are going so hard in the paint on this. Don't pretend like you're that against it.
TeamGreen wrote:
Damn, that's just waaaay to real and honest.

Nice!
I think it's a really dumb thing to say, actually. What do you want, eyeballs, or fans? Most of us are racers or former racers that spent our lives living this sport.
Any fan that sat watching one or two guys dominate the sport for years (likely buying the products they endorse), take pretty much all the effing money, support and media attention, and ride off into the sunset with their millions--- would be interested to know if someone cheated.
The industry arrogance kills me.
TeamGreen
12/14/2017 2:03pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Bingo

Also, and this is for the Ever Knowledgeable and Ubber Informed Peanut Gallery...

HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN THRU THE T.U.E. PROCESS?
JeepnMike wrote:
You might want to add "has anybody been through the T.U.E process successfully". The JS7 stuff was a mess enough, ask Clason how he feels about...
You might want to add "has anybody been through the T.U.E process successfully". The JS7 stuff was a mess enough, ask Clason how he feels about the process and how it is working out for the people that feel they are doing everything right.

Clason's story got me thinking a bit of how this is going to look in the future. I would love to see the statistics for kids under the age of 20 that are on Adderall (or similar). My son is on it, I know at least 5 kids in just his class that are on it, there is a whole generation of kids being prescribed ADD medications for behavioral issues. The stack of T.U.E paperwork is going to get pretty thick going forward, I hope the process improves.

Rhino wrote:
JeepN, Are you OK with a Doc pushing speed onto your kid? Most have no idea what they are giving their kids. It's speed. Amphetamines. Uppers...
JeepN, Are you OK with a Doc pushing speed onto your kid?
Most have no idea what they are giving their kids. It's speed. Amphetamines. Uppers.

I do know What is crazier, is Docs also prescribe Pharm grade Meth. Yep.
I don't trust doctors who are in it for the $$$$ only.
My kid? Hell, I interrogate her dentist over anesthesia for a filling! So, where TF does your comment come from?

Some of the gross assuming that goes on in here, or All of the implied...

Is hilarious.
MX Guy
Fantasy
668th
12/14/2017 2:03pm
MX Guy wrote:
This thread is such a blemish on the face of the industry. Complaining about PED's so you can sit in front of your TV on Saturday...
This thread is such a blemish on the face of the industry. Complaining about PED's so you can sit in front of your TV on Saturday for entertainment regardless, I don't see why some of you are going so hard in the paint on this. Don't pretend like you're that against it.
TeamGreen wrote:

Nice!
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I think it's a really dumb thing to say, actually. What do you want, eyeballs, or fans? Most of us are racers or former racers that...
I think it's a really dumb thing to say, actually. What do you want, eyeballs, or fans? Most of us are racers or former racers that spent our lives living this sport.
Any fan that sat watching one or two guys dominate the sport for years (likely buying the products they endorse), take pretty much all the effing money, support and media attention, and ride off into the sunset with their millions--- would be interested to know if someone cheated.
I think that's a stupid thing to say, because while you were sitting there watching them make millions, you forgot to stop watching JUST INCASE someone was cheating. Are you going to boycott professional motocross because of the possibility of PED usage? No. You're gonna sit in front of your TV and watch every weekend, so relax.

The Shop

TeamGreen
12/14/2017 2:09pm
MX Guy wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

Nice!
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I think it's a really dumb thing to say, actually. What do you want, eyeballs, or fans? Most of us are racers or former racers that...
Yes, you're right.

Roger DeCoster
Joel Robert
Danny LaPorte
Bob Hannah
Etc., etc., etc. ...

Some of you must have had your "glass half-full" your entire life. Reality is a dark tale of jealousy and anger in your world. Not in mine.

I'm quite aware that there was a time when this crap rubbed off on our sport. I'm also aware of where we're at now.
Rhino
12/14/2017 2:13pm
JeepnMike wrote:

Rhino wrote:
JeepN, Are you OK with a Doc pushing speed onto your kid? Most have no idea what they are giving their kids. It's speed. Amphetamines. Uppers...
JeepN, Are you OK with a Doc pushing speed onto your kid?
Most have no idea what they are giving their kids. It's speed. Amphetamines. Uppers.

I do know What is crazier, is Docs also prescribe Pharm grade Meth. Yep.
I don't trust doctors who are in it for the $$$$ only.
TeamGreen wrote:
My kid? Hell, I interrogate her dentist over anesthesia for a filling! So, where TF does your comment come from? Some of the gross assuming that...
My kid? Hell, I interrogate her dentist over anesthesia for a filling! So, where TF does your comment come from?

Some of the gross assuming that goes on in here, or All of the implied...

Is hilarious.
Not you. JeepNMike. He already explained why his kid is on Adderall.

I just dont trust docs. If they are getting paid, they will prescribe damn near anything for any reason!
Rhino
12/14/2017 2:25pm
DC wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote, "Anderson used to get altitude sickness, this year he hit the podium......." I believe he finally got the temporary TUE to take the altitude...
kkawboy14 wrote, "Anderson used to get altitude sickness, this year he hit the podium......."

I believe he finally got the temporary TUE to take the altitude sickness medicine.

DC
Racer X
I've never bought this.
I know people who really get altitude sickness right at around 10K from sea level. It hits, and they can't see straight, walk around like they are blind with their hands out, are disoriented, usually get a headache, possibly puking, and really get screwed up till they get a little lower. And shortly after are fine. Even a 1,000 lower, they are good. In 2 days, it takes 12,000 to do the same thing. A few days more, A OK.

Lakewood is not all that much different than the altitude Anderson grew up.
Do you get more tired around 6500 feet? Sure. But altitude sickness?
Mammoth motocross track is right at about 7800 to compare.
Crush
12/14/2017 2:38pm
Rhino wrote:
I've never bought this. I know people who really get altitude sickness right at around 10K from sea level. It hits, and they can't see straight...
I've never bought this.
I know people who really get altitude sickness right at around 10K from sea level. It hits, and they can't see straight, walk around like they are blind with their hands out, are disoriented, usually get a headache, possibly puking, and really get screwed up till they get a little lower. And shortly after are fine. Even a 1,000 lower, they are good. In 2 days, it takes 12,000 to do the same thing. A few days more, A OK.

How long since he lived there?
NorCal 50+
12/14/2017 2:57pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Nice!
NorCal 50+ wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes, you're right. Roger DeCoster Joel Robert Danny LaPorte Bob Hannah Etc., etc., etc. ... Some of you must have had your "glass half-full" your entire...
Yes, you're right.

Roger DeCoster
Joel Robert
Danny LaPorte
Bob Hannah
Etc., etc., etc. ...

Some of you must have had your "glass half-full" your entire life. Reality is a dark tale of jealousy and anger in your world. Not in mine.

I'm quite aware that there was a time when this crap rubbed off on our sport. I'm also aware of where we're at now.
I'm not angry or jealous, not sure why you think I am - do you think every moto fan is jealous of being the mx industry? (My first job in the motorcycle industry was in 1989. I timed out)
Being a pro Supercross rider isn't for me, because I am not talented, dedicated, tough, brave or skilled enough. You need more than something that comes in a bottle, we all get it. It's not about reducing anybody's accomplishments or throwing stones -- to me it's about the guys who weren't taking substances and whether they were playing on a level playing field.
Would I start speculate about current racers like some have done here? No I wouldn't, because that is unfair and that is probably why you are the one sounding upset. I'd be pissed if I was Osborne too.
But still no comment on the industry icon that was involved in the Armstrong doping scandal at the highest levels. In fact there was not a peep about that in our industry.

MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/14/2017 3:23pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Yes, you're right. Roger DeCoster Joel Robert Danny LaPorte Bob Hannah Etc., etc., etc. ... Some of you must have had your "glass half-full" your entire...
Yes, you're right.

Roger DeCoster
Joel Robert
Danny LaPorte
Bob Hannah
Etc., etc., etc. ...

NorCal 50+ wrote:
I'm not angry or jealous, not sure why you think I am - do you think every moto fan is jealous of being the mx industry...
I'm not angry or jealous, not sure why you think I am - do you think every moto fan is jealous of being the mx industry? (My first job in the motorcycle industry was in 1989. I timed out)
Being a pro Supercross rider isn't for me, because I am not talented, dedicated, tough, brave or skilled enough. You need more than something that comes in a bottle, we all get it. It's not about reducing anybody's accomplishments or throwing stones -- to me it's about the guys who weren't taking substances and whether they were playing on a level playing field.
Would I start speculate about current racers like some have done here? No I wouldn't, because that is unfair and that is probably why you are the one sounding upset. I'd be pissed if I was Osborne too.
But still no comment on the industry icon that was involved in the Armstrong doping scandal at the highest levels. In fact there was not a peep about that in our industry.

Exactly.

TeamGreen is being his typically self and defending the industry and taking every comment in this tread to be directed at him.

Here is the point Manny, 2 well connected guys have said riders admitted use to them. Period. End of story. How is this not a big deal? Current riders aside, shouldn’t we be looking into this? Does a fair playing field not matter at all? Just because there wasn’t testing back then or they weren’t caught in the act doesn’t make it right.

To me that’s the issue here. Not the Jeff Alessi nonsense.... the actual admittals from riders to industry regulars.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/14/2017 3:25pm
DC wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote, "Anderson used to get altitude sickness, this year he hit the podium......." I believe he finally got the temporary TUE to take the altitude...
kkawboy14 wrote, "Anderson used to get altitude sickness, this year he hit the podium......."

I believe he finally got the temporary TUE to take the altitude sickness medicine.

DC
Racer X
Hey DC, wanna take a swing at these?

Rhino
12/14/2017 3:27pm
Rhino wrote:
I've never bought this. I know people who really get altitude sickness right at around 10K from sea level. It hits, and they can't see straight...
I've never bought this.

Crush wrote:
How long since he lived there?
Even if it was never, for that altitude, not being an 80 year old man with breathing problems, is young, supposed to be in shape, I don't buy it. Simply not high enough.

Thats my opinion, knowing what I know being with people in altitude and seeing people get it.

Being a bit more winded, a bit more wore out, a slight headache, sure, but that is not altitude sickness.

For example, your car has 30% less horsepower at 10,000 feet, naturally aspirated.
There is nothing wrong with your car. But it feels like you pulled a couple spark plugs.

Does that warrant putting a blower or turbo on it to make it even again? What about everyone else? Can they put one on also?

Rhino
12/14/2017 3:37pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Hey DC, wanna take a swing at these? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/14/231689/s1200_A95396A1_FBEF_4C4D_BB70_1D02379858E6.jpg[/img]
Hey DC, wanna take a swing at these?

One already admitted to using Growth. I'm surprised because of the cost. Even Generic chinese kits are $$$ for the results given when you can approach the same for recuperation for probably 1/10th the cost with other compounds.

And Chinese kits, hell you have no idea what the true dosages are. Thats why some guys using say 4 IUs per day of Pharm grade kits will use 10-20 IUs of Chinese.

mauidex
12/14/2017 3:37pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I'm not angry or jealous, not sure why you think I am - do you think every moto fan is jealous of being the mx industry...

are you referring to Jeff Spencer in your last two sentences?
Johnny Depp
12/14/2017 3:40pm
I can clearly remember being "jealous" of so many of the top rider's in the sport, way back in the 70's and 80's because I was never going to be able to be one of those "alien's" with thighs like a bullfrog. I always figured it was genetics. Hmm
honda907
12/14/2017 3:50pm
James Stewart took Adderall. He gets bested for not having a TUE for the Adderall. Did he ever get a TUE for racing when he returned? I never herd........

If he didn't, his performance sure wasn't what it was before he got caught.

Makes me wonder how much it does enhance an athlete.......
NorCal 50+
12/14/2017 3:51pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:

mauidex wrote:
No I'm not. I am referring to a guy who started selling goggles out of his car, named his company after his dog, and sold it for $2.1 billion.
It's not like I am pointing out a secret. It was an international news story. It definitely got me thinking, since he also had access to the top riders in motocross. I'd post a link but my connection sucks right now at Starbucks.
12/14/2017 4:06pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2017 4:10pm
Rhino wrote:
Even if it was never, for that altitude, not being an 80 year old man with breathing problems, is young, supposed to be in shape, I...
Even if it was never, for that altitude, not being an 80 year old man with breathing problems, is young, supposed to be in shape, I don't buy it. Simply not high enough.

Thats my opinion, knowing what I know being with people in altitude and seeing people get it.

Being a bit more winded, a bit more wore out, a slight headache, sure, but that is not altitude sickness.

For example, your car has 30% less horsepower at 10,000 feet, naturally aspirated.
There is nothing wrong with your car. But it feels like you pulled a couple spark plugs.

Does that warrant putting a blower or turbo on it to make it even again? What about everyone else? Can they put one on also?

These people you're going on about that have had altitude sickness at one level, but not at another.... were they racing dirt bikes at the highest level possible when they were or were not experiencing the symptoms?
12/14/2017 4:08pm
honda907 wrote:
James Stewart took Adderall. He gets bested for not having a TUE for the Adderall. Did he ever get a TUE for racing when he returned...
James Stewart took Adderall. He gets bested for not having a TUE for the Adderall. Did he ever get a TUE for racing when he returned? I never herd........

The TUE was approved after Stewart was suspended from competition.
12/14/2017 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2017 4:24pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:

mauidex wrote:
NorCal 50+ wrote:
No I'm not. I am referring to a guy who started selling goggles out of his car, named his company after his dog, and sold it...
No I'm not. I am referring to a guy who started selling goggles out of his car, named his company after his dog, and sold it for $2.1 billion.
It's not like I am pointing out a secret. It was an international news story. It definitely got me thinking, since he also had access to the top riders in motocross. I'd post a link but my connection sucks right now at Starbucks.
I'm not sure how involved Jim Jannard was other than just being a sponsor. I know there are things that suggest he turned a blind eye to what Armstrong was doing but that doesn't necessarily mean he had anything to do with it.
MX-LIFE.
12/14/2017 6:12pm
honda907 wrote:
James Stewart took Adderall. He gets bested for not having a TUE for the Adderall. Did he ever get a TUE for racing when he returned...

Ok since you know the answer to what happened to JS7,the question I have is WTH was in the syringe in Davi Millsaps Kawasaki team locker that got him fired and was he ever tested???? Because he sure as hell didn't get suspended! DC, Matthes,JT someone should have a answer hell they seem to know everything about JS7!
mxjeff575
12/14/2017 6:15pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Interesting interview with Jeff Spencer from 2008:

http://racerxonline.com/2008/03/12/between-the-motos-jeff-spencer

BobKerr wrote:
LMAO! That is comical to read now that the whole world knows how Lance won all of those titles.
And it's crazy how Lance passed hundreds of drug tests and vehemently denied doping for years. I would bet during those years people were ripped on for even questioning the possibility of whether those guys might or might not be using PED's.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/14/2017 6:27pm
honda907 wrote:

MX-LIFE. wrote:
Ok since you know the answer to what happened to JS7,the question I have is WTH was in the syringe in Davi Millsaps Kawasaki team locker...
Ok since you know the answer to what happened to JS7,the question I have is WTH was in the syringe in Davi Millsaps Kawasaki team locker that got him fired and was he ever tested???? Because he sure as hell didn't get suspended! DC, Matthes,JT someone should have a answer hell they seem to know everything about JS7!
Toradol - without a prescription
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/14/2017 6:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2017 6:31pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Ok since you know the answer to what happened to JS7,the question I have is WTH was in the syringe in Davi Millsaps Kawasaki team locker...
Toradol

Edit: Didn’t see MxKings response.
mxjeff575
12/14/2017 6:31pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
I realize he was definitely in the wrong since you need a prescription, but isn't Toradol basically just a slightly different/better version of Ibuprofen? I don't see that being a drug that would be super sought after.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
12/14/2017 6:32pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
MxKing809 wrote:
mxjeff575 wrote:
I realize he was definitely in the wrong since you need a prescription, but isn't Toradol basically just a slightly different/better version of Ibuprofen? I don't...
I realize he was definitely in the wrong since you need a prescription, but isn't Toradol basically just a slightly different/better version of Ibuprofen? I don't see that being a drug that would be super sought after.
It was pretty obvious that he and the team weren’t getting along..... I think it was a very easy excuse to cut ties
Melicar
12/14/2017 6:33pm
MX-LIFE. wrote:
Chad Reed's tablecloth.
twotwosix
12/14/2017 6:33pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2017 6:35pm
MxKing809 wrote:
Interesting interview with Jeff Spencer from 2008:

http://racerxonline.com/2008/03/12/between-the-motos-jeff-spencer

I’ll bite and comment on Spencer. No one involved in Motocross has ever had a greater knowledge of doping and PEDs than Jeff Spencer. He would be the de facto guy if that was the route you wanted to go. Spencer was brought into and kept in the inner circle of the most successful doping program ever in professional Cycling. There’s a juicy bit of information for you conspiracy theorists...

Post a reply to: Matthes, JT comments on PEDs

The Latest