Matthes Confirms Cooper Broke His Hand

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2019 12:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2019 12:57 PM

Even more kudos to you Justin Cooper. Matthes put out a tweet a little bit ago stating Cooper sustained a boxer's fracture around the knuckles.

Matthes Tweet
https://twitter.com/pulpmx/status/1179099069588750337?s=09)

Link to a couple vids of the crash.

https://www.vitalmx.com/news/news/Crash-Jason-Anderson-and-Justin-Cooper,4528

|

United States of America

10/1/2019 12:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2019 12:59 PM

The man not only finish his moto but lined up for the second one with a broken hand. Mad fucking respect.

|

10/1/2019 1:06 PM

psychotronBR wrote:

The man not only finish his moto but lined up for the second one with a broken hand. Mad fucking respect.

Seriously tough dude. Those conditions with a busted hand is brutal!

|

United States of America

10/1/2019 1:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2019 1:09 PM

psychotronBR wrote:

A broken hand and without a clutch. Legend.

|

10/1/2019 1:12 PM

Lap 1 of moto 1... Just shows how crazy this event is.

|

'75-'83 through the minicycle boom.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was fast... But being fast is relative to who else is on the track with you.

ZachO fan! ZO16

TG243 fan!

10/1/2019 1:24 PM

imagine what all of you would have said if he didn't like up for that 2nd race... he had no choice! grin

|

10/1/2019 1:30 PM

Remember the people talking shit about his first video riding? He then goes out and wins the qualifying race easily. If you watch the start of the 1st moto, he was right there with the 450 guys untill Prado does his normal cut across everyone tactic.

Would have been nice to see what he could have done if it stayed dry.

I hope he gets picked next year.

|

10/1/2019 1:30 PM

Crazy that Martin, Anderson, and Cooper have been injured pretty badly while representing in the last few years. Cooper is a stud no doubt.

|

when in doubt, pin it out

10/1/2019 1:37 PM

Straight up savage.

|

10/1/2019 1:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2019 1:47 PM

shaffstall721 wrote:

Remember the people talking shit about his first video riding? He then goes out and wins the qualifying race easily. If you watch the start of the 1st moto, he was right there with the 450 guys untill Prado does his normal cut across everyone tactic.

|

10/1/2019 1:50 PM

psychotronBR wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

A broken hand and without a clutch. Legend.

I bet that clutch wouldn't have been very useful to him even if it had been there, with the loss in grip strength from the fracture, and all.

|

10/1/2019 1:50 PM

shaffstall721 wrote:

It sounds like you have a problem with the way Prado starts. Sorry, but if you’ve got enough of a gap that you can cut across the field, you’re more than welcome to do so.

|

10/1/2019 2:29 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

Crazy that Martin, Anderson, and Cooper have been injured pretty badly while representing in the last few years. Cooper is a stud no doubt.

Covington as well, 2017.

|

Mantis Toboggan, M.D

10/1/2019 2:31 PM

gsxr6 wrote:

Dimblewambie wrote:

Covington as well, 2017.

Yea I forgot about Tommy's knee. Damn. No wonder top guys hesitate to go. Big time injury rate the last several years

|

when in doubt, pin it out

10/1/2019 2:34 PM

Tough SOB. Big fan. Like the confidence and attitude.

|

10/1/2019 5:51 PM

That’s crazy he was able to line up at all and race. That shows determination and respect. All 3 guys deserve praise for going early, training and delaying their super cross training just to represent.

|

10/1/2019 5:54 PM

Well I’m glad Tomac and AC didn’t get hurt......

|

10/1/2019 6:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2019 6:08 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

imagine what all of you would have said if he didn't like up for that 2nd race... he had no choice! grin

Thankfully he didnt have blisters, that is a show stopper.....

|

10/1/2019 6:14 PM

Had a boxer's fracture just a few months back, rode my mtb a couple times. Not entirely awesome I gotta say. Well done to him for grinding it out.

Amongst all the shit on the Americans for their MXdN performances, there is a lot of lost memories surrounding the bad luck they've had. Anderson getting landed on. Eli getting in first turn crashes. J-Mart breaking bones. Cooper breaking bones etc...

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/2/2019 2:42 AM

Calihusky wrote:

That’s crazy he was able to line up at all and race. That shows determination and respect. All 3 guys deserve praise for going early, training and delaying their super cross training just to represent.

He got an injection in it for the pain.
Would of helped a bit.
As someone else said, really no other option other than to line up

|

10/2/2019 2:44 AM

I haven’t been a fan of him but I give him props and respect to him for continuing on that moto and lining up for the second one.

|

10/2/2019 3:59 AM

Crush wrote:

Had a boxer's fracture just a few months back, rode my mtb a couple times. Not entirely awesome I gotta say. Well done to him for grinding it out.

Amongst all the shit on the Americans for their MXdN performances, there is a lot of lost memories surrounding the bad luck they've had. Anderson getting landed on. Eli getting in first turn crashes. J-Mart breaking bones. Cooper breaking bones etc...

Exactly and just a few short years ago before the string of lousy luck and mudfest races we were a Cooper Webb crash away from winning the thing. Amazing how quickly everyone forgets. I think if team USA doesn't give up on the race we will win It again soon.

|

10/2/2019 4:22 AM

motomike137 wrote:

Exactly and just a few short years ago before the string of lousy luck and mudfest races we were a Cooper Webb crash away from winning the thing. Amazing how quickly everyone forgets. I think if team USA doesn't give up on the race we will win It again soon.

Yep agree... BUT I do think you gotta send your best guys. Jason and Zach can practice all they like, they're not beating Eli outdoors.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/2/2019 8:58 AM

shaffstall721 wrote:

Watch the video - Prado was nowhere near the prang.

And, watch closely, if you are going to modify it to Paulin. He had nothing to do with the crash, it was all Justin's doing. Justin talked about Paul in going to the left, but no, he was straight as a die - if anything, he was moving to the right.

Bummer that Justin crashed, and took out his teammate in the process, but, shit happens.

|

10/2/2019 12:59 PM

Crush wrote:

I went to 4 of these events and USA won all 4, I remember walking away from 3 of them thinking the USA had some luck in winning.

Buds Creek was the only one I felt USA controlled, Now the Luck has shifted along with a balancing of talent.

it's going to be harder for awhile but I'm positive the tide will change.

|

10/2/2019 1:41 PM

Tougher than a 2 dollar steak.

|

10/2/2019 1:47 PM

Crush wrote:

motomike137 wrote:

Crush wrote:

Yep agree... BUT I do think you gotta send your best guys. Jason and Zach can practice all they like, they're not beating Eli outdoors.

Part of me agrees with this logic, but the greater part of me wants more Team Fried MXoN videos. This year's team was exceptionally entertaining and had me rooting and interested more than any team in the past. Honestly, I'd take an extremely hardworking, dedicated team that loses over a potential winner that dreads being there and shares nothing with us fans. Furthermore, I think us Americans get a bad rap for having big egos and abrasive personalities. This year's Team USA had all the Euros cheering "Team Fried" - made me proud.

We watch to be entertained, and win or lose, Team USA 2019 was entertaining.

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

10/2/2019 3:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/2/2019 3:43 PM

I sustained a boxers break in my hand on the pinky knuckle when I was in high school. Got pissed off and hit a solid oak door as hard as I could and it snapped that bone like a toothpick. I've been through some doozies in my life, collapsed lung, splenectomy, broken ribs, shattered ankles, broken collarbone, ect. but nothing in pain comes even slightly close to that boxers break. I thought I was going to pass out from the pain, not just after it happened, but having it reset and cast may have hurt worse than the break itself. That dude is one tough SOB.

|