Matthes

friday10
Edited Date/Time 5/17/2019 4:15am
So, Steve buys listener, Mike who is in a wheelchair, the NBC sports app. My hat is off to you, Steve! What a cool thing to do.
|
Ray_MXS
5/12/2019 11:22pm
Yeah its amazing that some people dont realize what a good guy he is.
He might come off as an asshole sometimes, but its all for the good show. He´s a funny guy and he´s made a career out of it. He´s only an asshole for entertainment, or for the sake of bringing honest opinions and news to the public.

Tryhard
5/12/2019 11:30pm
Ray_MXS wrote:
Yeah its amazing that some people dont realize what a good guy he is. He might come off as an asshole sometimes, but its all for...
Yeah its amazing that some people dont realize what a good guy he is.
He might come off as an asshole sometimes, but its all for the good show. He´s a funny guy and he´s made a career out of it. He´s only an asshole for entertainment, or for the sake of bringing honest opinions and news to the public.

I think some people just mistake Steve's sense of humor for arrogance . He is actually a great person to have covering this sport . He has spent his life in it and for it . You could give some people a gold bar and they would complain that its to heavy .

The Shop

Ray_MXS
5/12/2019 11:36pm
Tryhard wrote:
I think some people just mistake Steve's sense of humor for arrogance . He is actually a great person to have covering this sport . He...
I think some people just mistake Steve's sense of humor for arrogance . He is actually a great person to have covering this sport . He has spent his life in it and for it . You could give some people a gold bar and they would complain that its to heavy .
Agreed.

The stuff he does for the privateers is so awesome. Not only funding, but all the exposure he gives the hard working privateers is huge for them and their sponsors.
Crush
5/13/2019 12:46am
I can't believe how much weight he's lost man, fucking good to see! I wanna listen to Pulp for another 40 years at least!
5/13/2019 1:37am
Bit too much positivity in this thread haha..
Nah but in all seriousness I agree with you all, Steve is a great guy and great for the privateer exposure. I really enjoy all his content.
robkinuk
5/13/2019 3:12am
Got to give Matthes credit for the piece on the downfall of No Fear on RacerX website. Great piece of journalism well put together.
pkiczuk
5/13/2019 3:19am
I saw him and JT having a conversation in the lobby of the hotel my buddy and I stayed at for A2. I didn't want to interrupt them but wanted to say hi and let them know im a huge fan. They couldn't have been nicer regardless of my awkward waiting for them to pause. Great guy by all accounts, and like stated, what he does for the privateers is awesome!
MotoMo165
5/13/2019 4:54am
Thought that was really bad ass of him too. Great guy. Moto pod show tried splitting with him ?? shows been funny asf lately
sandtrack315
5/13/2019 5:13am
friday10 wrote:
So, Steve buys listener, Mike who is in a wheelchair, the NBC sports app. My hat is off to you, Steve! What a cool thing to...
So, Steve buys listener, Mike who is in a wheelchair, the NBC sports app. My hat is off to you, Steve! What a cool thing to do.
This was a classy move. I always enjoy Steve’s content.
sandman768
5/13/2019 6:15am
robkinuk wrote:
Got to give Matthes credit for the piece on the downfall of No Fear on RacerX website. Great piece of journalism well put together.
Agree 100%... I was stuck in a hotel room on Long Island all yesterday morning waiting for my daughter”s soccer game, read the whole article, very cool.....thanks Matthes ?.... I never got into all the “bad boy” image stuff, but those guys had balls to pursue their dreams...
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/13/2019 6:37am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 6:38am
Just add that in with all he does for privateers...he's a good dude, period. And if you haven't, you have to read the No Fear story, it's so much more than I expected, there are so many characters in this timeline...I don't know how Steve got them all involved.

https://racerxonline.com/2019/05/10/the-rise-fall-of-no-fear
toomanykaws
5/13/2019 7:18am
Steve is the ultimate moto fan. Like most guys. But having lived the mechanic life for so long. He sees things we wish we could. The sport would be a lot less entertaining without him.
tprice07
5/13/2019 7:32am
Steve does not get the credit he deserves. He adds personality in the sport and gives riders a platform to get recognized.

Also, can we get someone with a Go Pro to follow him no this e-mountain bike? Multiple people have said he rips on it.
Casting
5/13/2019 7:56am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 8:17am
tprice07 wrote:
Steve does not get the credit he deserves. He adds personality in the sport and gives riders a platform to get recognized. Also, can we get...
Steve does not get the credit he deserves. He adds personality in the sport and gives riders a platform to get recognized.

Also, can we get someone with a Go Pro to follow him no this e-mountain bike? Multiple people have said he rips on it.
Steve is the best media personality in the sport. His generosity toward privateers is really cool.

I am happy for him improving his health with the electric mountain bike but I wouldn't exactly call it ripping when there is a power source moving him around... it would be more interesting to see a legit rider shredding when you know they are doing it on their own. I just think it would be respectful if he would categorize his rides as e-bike so he isn't taking KOMs from regular dudes.
5/13/2019 8:25am
Casting wrote:
Steve is the best media personality in the sport. His generosity toward privateers is really cool. I am happy for him improving his health with the...
Steve is the best media personality in the sport. His generosity toward privateers is really cool.

I am happy for him improving his health with the electric mountain bike but I wouldn't exactly call it ripping when there is a power source moving him around... it would be more interesting to see a legit rider shredding when you know they are doing it on their own. I just think it would be respectful if he would categorize his rides as e-bike so he isn't taking KOMs from regular dudes.
Jesus Christ the hardo strava users and their precious KOMs need to find something fucking useful to do with their lives.

They're literally imaginary records, you don't win anything so who gives a shit if Matthes is on an e-bike.
Casting
5/13/2019 8:36am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 9:33am
Casting wrote:
Steve is the best media personality in the sport. His generosity toward privateers is really cool. I am happy for him improving his health with the...

Jesus Christ the hardo strava users and their precious KOMs need to find something fucking useful to do with their lives. They're literally imaginary records, you...
Jesus Christ the hardo strava users and their precious KOMs need to find something fucking useful to do with their lives.

They're literally imaginary records, you don't win anything so who gives a shit if Matthes is on an e-bike.
Something useful... like exercise? Laughing
5/13/2019 8:48am
Casting wrote:
Something useful... like exercise? Laughing
If you're feeling victimized enough to complain that people on e-bikes are stealing your imaginary accomplishments, it speaks volumes about what you value in life.

Use the app for what it was intended for, bettering yourself and not worrying about fake fucking internet trophies.
5/13/2019 8:55am
Steve's biggest flaw is that his favorite musician is Sammy Hagar. That's a good thing. Hats off to him. It will be a sad day when there is more pulp mx show. Half way through the no fear article and it's been nothing short of spectacular so far. Thanks Steve you da man!
greenmx5
5/13/2019 9:04am
I understand why people hate him. A lot of times he's just telling the truth and people don't like to hear it. That's their own problem at that point. Yes, he comes off a little arrogant sometimes, but he has a reason to pat himself on the back with all the stuff he puts out each week.

I met him in person for the first time this summer, and I could tell he was in a hurry to go do an interview with someone because he had his mic and recorder. I just said "hey matthes can I get a picture quick!" He stopped what he was doing and got a picture with me and I said "I won't hold you up, just wanted a picture, thank you, keep up the good work!" He smiled and said "no problem, we will!" and went on his way. Most guys would've acted all pissed off or not even of stopped.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
5/13/2019 9:20am
I think it's admirable that he jokes about everyone having podcasts now (which is true) but he doesn't act super protective about it or really care.

I loved when he would have Ping or GL on his show. I wonder if those 3 are still all good? I don't see any reason why not considering the Whiskey Throttle Show has a different type format.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/13/2019 9:28am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 9:28am
If you're feeling victimized enough to complain that people on e-bikes are stealing your imaginary accomplishments, it speaks volumes about what you value in life. Use...
If you're feeling victimized enough to complain that people on e-bikes are stealing your imaginary accomplishments, it speaks volumes about what you value in life.

Use the app for what it was intended for, bettering yourself and not worrying about fake fucking internet trophies.
Prob same people who cut features on trails for their precious kom.
Sierra Ranger
5/13/2019 9:38am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 9:38am
It's been pretty amazing to watch his rise to moto media mogul. You have got to respect somebody that took an industry that already seemed over-covered and just opened up entire new worlds in the sport for fans. Thank God he wasn't some too-cool elitist like so many in the industry, but more like a normal dude that is just crazy for moto like the rest of us and doesn't take himself or the sport too seriously.
Moto520
5/13/2019 9:48am
Yep....i agree with the positive posts about Matthes. I love his journalism and podcasts. He has become a great voice for motocross and he is irreplaceable. His interviews are excellent. Very similar to a Howard Stern interview in that he asks all the questions that we want answered. I like that he's riding again!
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
5/13/2019 10:00am
He's also saved a few lives including Brake Bracket's with the safety net...
TeamGreen
5/13/2019 10:08am Edited Date/Time 5/13/2019 10:09am
Steve reminds me of Rolling Stone...back in the day. They told the stories about rhe crazy shit going on "back-stage" & behind the show...they wrote about the day-to-day insanity...the lives of the people that made Rock-n-Roll great.

Steve does that within Moto...within the Moto Culture.

It's funny, he's actually very positive; but, he get's labeled -at times- as negative simply because he's willing to look at the unvarnished truth of our sport and our culture.

Post a reply to: Matthes

The Latest