Fantasy
724th
9/24/2017 3:24am
Amazing Track! Can't wait to be there.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
9/24/2017 3:50am
Looks like a good one for the boys representing the red, white, and blue!
Crush
9/24/2017 4:05am
So it's got some big jumps Deano? haha

GB are in with a very good shot i'd say.

The Shop

Crush
9/24/2017 4:06am
Interesting what he said bout the crowd and atmosphere.

What happened to the hair pin in mx? It's such a road race style layout, sweeper after sweeper, no wander it sprawls.
9/24/2017 5:10am
Interesting to see how these tracks look with no spectator sections, or banners set up. I'm hoping Seely gels with the track. I think they may have a shot at it...
Red141
9/24/2017 5:22am
Looks great without all the slot-car ruts.
Highsider
9/24/2017 5:51am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 5:51am
Should be fun to watch!

We will be visiting our oldest then and will get up at 4am to watch.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/24/2017 6:34am
That place will go crazy if the GB guys win. They have good chances, one of the best actually

Track looks amazing. Shame I'm missing my favorite event of the year this time.
jeffro503
9/24/2017 10:23am
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it a level playing field for the rest of the world. I don't know where our guys will finish , but at least on dirt , we have a fighting chance!

I hope it gets rutted and rough as hell , and we all get to see some great racing action.....on dirt!

Next weekend will be a blast! And good luck to all the teams.
RG1
9/24/2017 11:43am Edited Date/Time 9/24/2017 11:46am
Really like the look of the track changes they've made. Can't wait for this weekend, hopefully GB can avoid bad luck this year and get it on the box
Robgvx
9/24/2017 12:36pm
RG1 wrote:
Really like the look of the track changes they've made. Can't wait for this weekend, hopefully GB can avoid bad luck this year and get it...
Really like the look of the track changes they've made. Can't wait for this weekend, hopefully GB can avoid bad luck this year and get it on the box
Interesting what JDH had to say. I like the fact he's looking to improve the atmosphere and also liked what he said about adding some straights without jumps. Good stuff. Shows he's been giving it some thought.

Shame he didn't make any comment about trying to make the course better for overtaking though.

Shame also, that there seems to be so much emphasis on huge jumps, for an upcoming race where a good number of the competitors will not have the skills to jump them.
9/24/2017 12:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it...
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it a level playing field for the rest of the world. I don't know where our guys will finish , but at least on dirt , we have a fighting chance!

I hope it gets rutted and rough as hell , and we all get to see some great racing action.....on dirt!

You make it sound like its on a sandpit every year , last time it was Lommel in 2012 ..
or your definition of a sandpit is different Wink but agree this track looks like a proper MXON dirt track
philG
9/24/2017 1:11pm
Hope the weather is kind this week and the place is packed, nothing like that place when its full.. im that revved for it i packed today .
Rowlands
9/24/2017 1:28pm
kzizok wrote:
Looks like a good one for the boys representing the red, white, and blue!
There's quite a few boys representing red, white, and blue.

Really hope GBR can podium. I'm really excited for this race and I'm not even going !
flymoto
9/24/2017 2:26pm
It is interesting to here the views on how to manage the atmosphere at matterley. It is huge and does often look dead even with a decent size crowd. That been said it's good in some aspects as there's so many places to view from.

I think this weekend we won't need to worry about that, the place will be alive come Saturday morning. Really, really can't wait!
philG
9/24/2017 2:58pm
flymoto wrote:
It is interesting to here the views on how to manage the atmosphere at matterley. It is huge and does often look dead even with a...
It is interesting to here the views on how to manage the atmosphere at matterley. It is huge and does often look dead even with a decent size crowd. That been said it's good in some aspects as there's so many places to view from.

I think this weekend we won't need to worry about that, the place will be alive come Saturday morning. Really, really can't wait!
i hope to God they dont have that dickhead DJ who thinks we are all there to listen to him, you couldnt even talk between races it was that loud, i took ear defenders to wear between races.

I did hear they werent letting chainsaws in either, which will be a big improvement, it was funny 10 years ago, now it just fucking ruins it.
jeffro503
9/24/2017 3:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it...

You make it sound like its on a sandpit every year , last time it was Lommel in 2012 .. or your definition of a sandpit...
You make it sound like its on a sandpit every year , last time it was Lommel in 2012 ..
or your definition of a sandpit is different Wink but agree this track looks like a proper MXON dirt track
And you are making it sound like we actually have any sand tracks in the AMA series. We have Southwick.....but in Europe that's not even considered a sand track compared to what you guys have over there.

"Dirt bikes ".....ridden on a proper "Dirt track".....is what I see this track being. And the way it should be every year......racing on dirt , so non GP series riders at least have a fighting chance.

The way I see it anyways.
9/24/2017 3:24pm
philG wrote:
i hope to God they dont have that dickhead DJ who thinks we are all there to listen to him, you couldnt even talk between races...
i hope to God they dont have that dickhead DJ who thinks we are all there to listen to him, you couldnt even talk between races it was that loud, i took ear defenders to wear between races.

I did hear they werent letting chainsaws in either, which will be a big improvement, it was funny 10 years ago, now it just fucking ruins it.

9/24/2017 4:01pm
jeffro503 wrote:
And you are making it sound like we actually have any sand tracks in the AMA series. We have Southwick.....but in Europe that's not even considered...
And you are making it sound like we actually have any sand tracks in the AMA series. We have Southwick.....but in Europe that's not even considered a sand track compared to what you guys have over there.

"Dirt bikes ".....ridden on a proper "Dirt track".....is what I see this track being. And the way it should be every year......racing on dirt , so non GP series riders at least have a fighting chance.

The way I see it anyways.
USA have won in the past on typical euro sand tracks .. so there is always a chance as history has proven
great riders win on any track Wink

9/24/2017 4:06pm
Jump jumps massive jumps big jumps im sore from the jumps flat landing jumps haha great stuff ! Can't wait !
RG1
9/25/2017 1:33am
flymoto wrote:
It is interesting to here the views on how to manage the atmosphere at matterley. It is huge and does often look dead even with a...

philG wrote:
i hope to God they dont have that dickhead DJ who thinks we are all there to listen to him, you couldnt even talk between races...

^ He's old and grumpy.
RG1
9/25/2017 1:41am
RG1 wrote:
Really like the look of the track changes they've made. Can't wait for this weekend, hopefully GB can avoid bad luck this year and get it...
Robgvx wrote:
Interesting what JDH had to say. I like the fact he's looking to improve the atmosphere and also liked what he said about adding some straights...
Interesting what JDH had to say. I like the fact he's looking to improve the atmosphere and also liked what he said about adding some straights without jumps. Good stuff. Shows he's been giving it some thought.

Shame he didn't make any comment about trying to make the course better for overtaking though.

Shame also, that there seems to be so much emphasis on huge jumps, for an upcoming race where a good number of the competitors will not have the skills to jump them.
Yeah it all sounded good to me. A place as big as Matterley is hard to get an atmosphere in, because as he said 20,000 people just look lost in it. I think that's why GP's haven't always been as good as they could've been. I expect that there will be a massive crowd there this weekend though and the atmosphere will be brilliant.

As far as the track goes, I think the introduction of more straights and more tight turns will help overtaking. I don't think the jumps are too bad, we've seen kids on 85's clear them in the past, so they aren't too challenging for the top guys
RG1
9/25/2017 1:51am
Current weather forecast suggests no heavy rain all week, some showers Friday/Sat/Sun, but nothing major. Should be good if that remains the case
Robgvx
9/25/2017 2:11am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 2:12am
RG1 wrote:
Yeah it all sounded good to me. A place as big as Matterley is hard to get an atmosphere in, because as he said 20,000 people...
Yeah it all sounded good to me. A place as big as Matterley is hard to get an atmosphere in, because as he said 20,000 people just look lost in it. I think that's why GP's haven't always been as good as they could've been. I expect that there will be a massive crowd there this weekend though and the atmosphere will be brilliant.

As far as the track goes, I think the introduction of more straights and more tight turns will help overtaking. I don't think the jumps are too bad, we've seen kids on 85's clear them in the past, so they aren't too challenging for the top guys
Yes, we have seen kids on 85s clear the big jumps. We've also seen one killed this season.

I've no doubt the top guys will have no problem. The Thais, Hong Kongese etc, I'm not so sure.

As always, I'll be heading straight for the biggest jump when I get there. Then, after watching dozens of riders clear it every lap I'll soon get bored and head over to join you in our usual place, where we can actually watch some racing.
DeStouwer
9/25/2017 2:15am
So pumped for this! I've started packing yesterday because I had nothing to do and got bored Laughing A win for us won't be easy, but if I still have a voice on Monday it will mean I didn't cheer 'em on enough.
RG1
9/25/2017 2:31am Edited Date/Time 9/25/2017 2:32am
RG1 wrote:
Yeah it all sounded good to me. A place as big as Matterley is hard to get an atmosphere in, because as he said 20,000 people...

Robgvx wrote:
Yes, we have seen kids on 85s clear the big jumps. We've also seen one killed this season. I've no doubt the top guys will have...
Yes, we have seen kids on 85s clear the big jumps. We've also seen one killed this season.

I've no doubt the top guys will have no problem. The Thais, Hong Kongese etc, I'm not so sure.

As always, I'll be heading straight for the biggest jump when I get there. Then, after watching dozens of riders clear it every lap I'll soon get bored and head over to join you in our usual place, where we can actually watch some racing.
Very fair point. I was thinking when I saw the entry list that the it's going to be dodgy in practice with the lesser teams. The main races won't be an issue. I'm with you, I'd much rather watch the riders flat out than sailing over jumps but it is what it is and the jumps do add something

Sounds good Rob, see you there
etccb
9/25/2017 9:26am
Track looks like there will be some good racing.
That is a heck of a fence in the background surrounding the property.
flymoto
9/26/2017 1:21am
I don't mind tbe chainsaws, think it all adds to the atmosphere! Either way we get to see the best riders in the world; race a awesome track with 50000 plus fans. Can't complain it's going to be awesome!
rileymx
9/26/2017 5:20am
jeffro503 wrote:

i see where you are trying to get, i am seing lots of it ........and i am loving it !!!!!!
seing the hard core american fans, that used to bragg the world, all full of excuses now, really looks good to me......
so only 2012 was on a sand track, and then only kegums was sandy, just like southwick is sandy.....but i see you, you are looking at a loomy, soft, very deep worked track just like the ones in america and feel like now it is fair, now that is what yours race on all the time ........germany, italy, france, their tracks are not dirt, its hard pack and usa doesn't have them also, so its not dirt......it is only dirt and fair if it is on a loomy, soft, deep worked track just like the ones in usa.....
i love to see the mighty americans all full of butterflies and excuses, it only happens when they know that it is not won already, when they know they have to fight for it and even then it could not happen......they get all full of excuses and i love it.....prove that it is wide open and anyone can win.....

Post a reply to: Matterley basin. MXON track video..WOW!

The Latest