Matterley basin. MXON track video..WOW!

jeffro503
9/26/2017 9:12am
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it...
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it a level playing field for the rest of the world. I don't know where our guys will finish , but at least on dirt , we have a fighting chance!

I hope it gets rutted and rough as hell , and we all get to see some great racing action.....on dirt!

Next weekend will be a blast! And good luck to all the teams.
rileymx wrote:
i see where you are trying to get, i am seing lots of it ........and i am loving it !!!!!! seing the hard core american fans...
i see where you are trying to get, i am seing lots of it ........and i am loving it !!!!!!
seing the hard core american fans, that used to bragg the world, all full of excuses now, really looks good to me......
so only 2012 was on a sand track, and then only kegums was sandy, just like southwick is sandy.....but i see you, you are looking at a loomy, soft, very deep worked track just like the ones in america and feel like now it is fair, now that is what yours race on all the time ........germany, italy, france, their tracks are not dirt, its hard pack and usa doesn't have them also, so its not dirt......it is only dirt and fair if it is on a loomy, soft, deep worked track just like the ones in usa.....
i love to see the mighty americans all full of butterflies and excuses, it only happens when they know that it is not won already, when they know they have to fight for it and even then it could not happen......they get all full of excuses and i love it.....prove that it is wide open and anyone can win.....
Uhh....I just said " dirt. " I don't care if it's loamy , hard pack or a mix of both......just dirt.

We don't have sand tracks here , and that's why we don't race on it. The whole planet has dirt mx tracks....why not keep the race on dirt , instead of sand , which only some of the racers get to practice in?

No excuses here at all.
Robgvx
9/26/2017 9:20am
jeffro503 wrote:
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it...
You know what? THIS......is what an MXoN's track should be.......Dirt! Not a sand pit ( even though they are fun to watch ). But Dirt.....makes it a level playing field for the rest of the world. I don't know where our guys will finish , but at least on dirt , we have a fighting chance!

I hope it gets rutted and rough as hell , and we all get to see some great racing action.....on dirt!

rileymx wrote:
i see where you are trying to get, i am seing lots of it ........and i am loving it !!!!!! seing the hard core american fans...
i see where you are trying to get, i am seing lots of it ........and i am loving it !!!!!!
seing the hard core american fans, that used to bragg the world, all full of excuses now, really looks good to me......
so only 2012 was on a sand track, and then only kegums was sandy, just like southwick is sandy.....but i see you, you are looking at a loomy, soft, very deep worked track just like the ones in america and feel like now it is fair, now that is what yours race on all the time ........germany, italy, france, their tracks are not dirt, its hard pack and usa doesn't have them also, so its not dirt......it is only dirt and fair if it is on a loomy, soft, deep worked track just like the ones in usa.....
i love to see the mighty americans all full of butterflies and excuses, it only happens when they know that it is not won already, when they know they have to fight for it and even then it could not happen......they get all full of excuses and i love it.....prove that it is wide open and anyone can win.....
jeffro503 wrote:
Uhh....I just said " dirt. " I don't care if it's loamy , hard pack or a mix of both......just dirt. We don't have sand tracks...
Uhh....I just said " dirt. " I don't care if it's loamy , hard pack or a mix of both......just dirt.

We don't have sand tracks here , and that's why we don't race on it. The whole planet has dirt mx tracks....why not keep the race on dirt , instead of sand , which only some of the racers get to practice in?

No excuses here at all.
I'm sure I remember Americans saying that in 1981.
Silliker269
9/26/2017 9:34am
Holy booterville , track looks amazing though, I cant wait. I think its fairly wide open for the #1 spot.
RangerLee
9/26/2017 9:40am
kzizok wrote:
Looks like a good one for the boys representing the red, white, and blue!
Rowlands wrote:
There's quite a few boys representing red, white, and blue. Really hope GBR can podium. I'm really excited for this race and I'm not even going...
There's quite a few boys representing red, white, and blue.

Really hope GBR can podium. I'm really excited for this race and I'm not even going !
GBR will podium, they have a great shot at the the top spot too, France took a bit of a hit so the door is open.

The Shop

BobPA
9/26/2017 9:42am
jeffro503 wrote:

rileymx wrote:
Dude, you are taking this quite personal. Are you actually racing for your country? Or are you just living vicariously through another mans accomplishments? Sit down bro, you ain't doing shit besides smashing potato chips and doing butt whips for plastic trophies.

You sound like the quintessential fat American football fan in a bar talking about his team. Constantly saying "we are going all the way this year".....Like he is actually playing for the team.
Sideways
9/26/2017 10:44am Edited Date/Time 9/26/2017 10:45am
jeffro503 wrote:
Uhh....I just said " dirt. " I don't care if it's loamy , hard pack or a mix of both......just dirt. We don't have sand tracks...

No excuses here at all.
I dont get what point youre trying to make? The last mxon real sandtrack was Lommel in 2012 and before that i dont even know... all the other tracks have been on dirt.

And just because 3 out of all the riders doesnt ride sand that often, it should never be a Mxon held on sand? Lol
Prejump
9/26/2017 12:08pm
It may look like dirt, but underneath is a rock hard white chalky base.

Look out for white patches coming through, with the rain that's forecast those patches will be like ice.
wreckitrandy
9/26/2017 12:13pm
I think a few on here may remember the streak during which the powers that at least were, tried every conceivable manipulation of the scoring and, track preparation in efforts to eliminate the incredible, overwhelming 'luck' that the US side apparently possessed at the time. So finally, we're on another streak. A losing one. That rileymx can barely contain himself says more about the built up resentment for the accumulated butt kickings than it does about Team Europe's recent successes. Enjoy it. While you can.
IceMan446
9/26/2017 3:10pm
Holy booterville , track looks amazing though, I cant wait. I think its fairly wide open for the #1 spot.
And it wasn't but a few months ago everyone was giving the US tracks a ration of shit for all the big jumps.

But its ok now because its a Euro track lol
St Ann More
9/27/2017 6:18am
jeffro503 wrote:

rileymx wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

No excuses here at all.
Because sand has a part of Motocross since day dot, America has sand tracks and they race on them. I'm sure your excuse this weekend will be the rain.
agn5009
9/27/2017 6:30am
It looks beautiful there. The track looks amazing, I can't wait
RangerLee
9/27/2017 6:52am
The track looks not too far off of a classic American Track, big jumps, lots of speed. Any idea of what the lap time estimates are? Will it hit the 2 minute mark?
9/27/2017 7:06am
RangerLee wrote:
The track looks not too far off of a classic American Track, big jumps, lots of speed. Any idea of what the lap time estimates are...
The track looks not too far off of a classic American Track, big jumps, lots of speed. Any idea of what the lap time estimates are? Will it hit the 2 minute mark?
They were at the 2 minute mark at last year's MXGP round. With the additional loop and the change to the track around the start area I reckon 2.5 minute laps for MXoN.
Robgvx
9/27/2017 8:15am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/27/216927/s1200_Mat.jpg[/img]

Big enough beer tent? (Top left)
Robgvx
9/27/2017 8:18am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/27/216927/s1200_Mat.jpg[/img]

Robgvx wrote:
Big enough beer tent? (Top left)
If it's the same layout as before...

Beer tent top left
Pits far right
Hospitality right hand tent at top
Press left hand tent at top
flymoto
9/27/2017 8:18am
The weather keeps changing every time I look at it. Little bit less chance now than there was before, it just says isolate rain patches on mine now. Either way I reckon it will play into the hands of team gb. Guys like strijbos and jvh, are good in the wet though. Anstie did well last round in France. I don't think we can pick a winner, just who's going to be on top 5 but even then it's not easy!
RG1
9/27/2017 8:51am
It looks like you might actually be able to see the start over the top of the pit lane if you stand in the right place. That's cool
Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
9/27/2017 9:26am
I am surprised some of the old school guys are not bitching. Real racing is wheels on the ground, blah blah blah. Track looks like a toned down So Cal track more so than any current national tracks. Looks great, have always thought this track was over rated until now and it was cool to see the track designer talk about the track like its unfinished business for him. In the limited views we had of the riders it sure looked like Dean was leagues better than the others there but he is used to the So Cal tracks.
Bultaco
9/27/2017 10:46am Edited Date/Time 9/27/2017 10:47am
I thought the video was all "...Jump...Jumps.....Jumps....Jumps..... and then we Jump....and I figured all the jumps out.....mostly on the first lap.....but definitely on the second lap.....and I did that big jump on the third lap.....etc:.....jumps......jumps.....jumps....." But yes the track in all it's green grass and dark dirt glory looks really nice.
Robgvx
9/27/2017 11:34am
Park Boys wrote:
I am surprised some of the old school guys are not bitching. Real racing is wheels on the ground, blah blah blah. Track looks like a...
I am surprised some of the old school guys are not bitching. Real racing is wheels on the ground, blah blah blah. Track looks like a toned down So Cal track more so than any current national tracks. Looks great, have always thought this track was over rated until now and it was cool to see the track designer talk about the track like its unfinished business for him. In the limited views we had of the riders it sure looked like Dean was leagues better than the others there but he is used to the So Cal tracks.
I think you're right that it's overrated. It's OK, but that's all, in my view. It's mild terrain that has been machined into a jump-fest. There are far better tracks than this but it all depends on your reference point. Compared to the sub-standard tracks that are so commonplace in GPs these days, this one stands out against some very poor competition.

It does have some good points.

Firstly it has the space, access and infrastructure to hold big events, which many of the older, and perhaps better tracks couldn't. Whatever your viewpoint on modern-day GPs it's a fact that you simply couldn't hold a modern GP at places like Farleigh Castle or Hawkstone because they couldn't provide the space and facilities required. Matterley is the perfect, if not only venue for holding a race of this size.

It is certainly good for viewing, and apart from being too fast and jump-laden IMO the layout isn't bad, with some off-cambers.

I'll be there, and very much looking forward to it.
PressPassP
9/27/2017 1:20pm
Park Boys wrote:
I am surprised some of the old school guys are not bitching. Real racing is wheels on the ground, blah blah blah. Track looks like a...
Many feel Matterly is nearer to a US style track than anywhere else on the GP circuit,sure it is a bit of a jump fest but it will probably get rough enough to slow things up a bit
What I'm hoping is to avoid the rain as although some say it's often a leveller personally I think it can be as much if not more of a lottery and often spoil great racing,fingers crossed

This is the most unpredictable race for as long as I can recall,any of the predictions could easily come true
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
9/27/2017 1:23pm
Really looking forward to this year's event. Best to all the teams for avoiding bad fortune.

I love motocross and this always is among the most fun events to watch, noodle out scores, and bench race. Love when USA wins, but love good competition by top talent as much if not more.
JRT812
9/27/2017 1:47pm
kzizok wrote:
So beautiful and can only be better with the red, white, and blue on the top box!
9/27/2017 3:18pm
kzizok wrote:
JRT812 wrote:
So beautiful and can only be better with the red, white, and blue on the top box!

JRT812
9/27/2017 3:38pm
kzizok wrote:
JRT812 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/27/216961/s1200_vlag.jpg[/img]

Now Richard.
RG1
9/27/2017 4:01pm
kzizok wrote:
JRT812 wrote:

F.B
9/27/2017 8:09pm
kzizok wrote:
JRT812 wrote:
jeffro503
9/27/2017 8:52pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2017 8:53pm
kzizok wrote:
JRT812 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/27/216961/s1200_vlag.jpg[/img]

Richard.....you get around 2 stars and more stripes on your flag when you country wins the MXoN's.

Right now....your flag sucks. ( Sarcasm! )

This is what a good one looks like.

kongols
9/27/2017 10:10pm Edited Date/Time 9/27/2017 10:13pm
Wrong thread.

Post a reply to: Matterley basin. MXON track video..WOW!

The Latest