Matterley Basin MXGP 2020 Rd1 is go

philG
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2020 4:41am
After some of the worst weather we have had in the UK since the last time we had bad weather , Steve Dixon posted this from the track today , it looks better than it does when its dry and ripped and watered.

As long as they leave it ( and the will i am sure ) the racing will be mint.

And first round too , Everyone is slated to start in both classes, no big hitters missing, although a few will be behind the 8 ball after injuries.

I cant wait

Who's going ?

|
mac3-d
2/22/2020 9:53am
Just checked
xc weather a bit of rain & snow for Saturday & cold Sunday
Metcheck weather a little rain both days 5deg C max for Sunday
Heated grips like road bikes ?
Track looks like it can take a bit of rain. Fingers crossed
jeffro503
2/22/2020 10:02am
Looks like I need to re-up my mxgp service!! Man , I can't believe the season is already starting up!
zehn
2/22/2020 10:12am
If they ran the track like that, then MXGP could legitimately lay claim to the title of Real Motocross

The Shop

philG
2/22/2020 10:17am
jeffro503 wrote:
Looks like I need to re-up my mxgp service!! Man , I can't believe the season is already starting up!
Me either, sat doing nothing today and realised I have to get Camper ready tomorrow .. double header races to kick the season off.. yeehaw
ayearinmx
2/22/2020 10:22am
Looking forward to kicking the season off... honestly I'd prefer it not to start in England, not because of the weather, but because its nice to come home in the middle of the season!

Still, Matterley is one of the best tracks in the world, and it's always great to watch motocross there. Can't wait Woohoo
jeffro503
2/22/2020 10:47am
I'm out of loop a bit here , but is Prado going to try and line up , to salvage some points? Also , what about Covington? Did he get on the Yamaha ( (Dixon I think , or something like that? )
VasageXx
2/22/2020 10:48am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm out of loop a bit here , but is Prado going to try and line up , to salvage some points? Also , what about...
I'm out of loop a bit here , but is Prado going to try and line up , to salvage some points? Also , what about Covington? Did he get on the Yamaha ( (Dixon I think , or something like that? )
Yeah Prado’s in from what I can tell
philG
2/22/2020 11:11am
jeffro503 wrote:
I'm out of loop a bit here , but is Prado going to try and line up , to salvage some points? Also , what about...
Covington on Gebben Van Venroy Yamaha.
2/22/2020 11:12am
Bought my season pass today. I don’t care what the weather is like, I’m just pumped for the season to start!
Tumic
2/22/2020 12:02pm
Would be cool it they started on a full grown grass track like the old days.

Since Prado is up and riding again it would be plain stupid not to line up.
Press516
Fantasy
126th
2/22/2020 12:21pm
jeffro503 wrote:
philG wrote:
I hope he gets back to where he was...
jeffro503
2/22/2020 12:22pm
jeffro503 wrote:
philG wrote:
Press516 wrote:
I hope he gets back to where he was...
I do to , but remember Press..... he's in the 450 class now! Completely different animal!!
Spergen
2/22/2020 12:23pm
I'm so guttted I can't go, first time in years.
Mucktub
2/22/2020 1:12pm
Still expecting a mud bath, although looking at that it'll be worse for the spectators than the riders.

I'll be there whatever the weather.
Barrett57
2/22/2020 1:29pm
If its doesn't rain on the day it will be alright, having said that it feels like it's rained everyday for over 2 weeks.

Be going regardless of a mud bath or not.
Motofinne
philG
2/22/2020 2:29pm
Motofinne wrote:
Wait, Dixon put the 250 engine in the new 450 frame and Wilson Todd will race it this season? Visa det här inlägget på Instagram Swipe...
Of all the things Steve Dixon has done, this is the least surprising. And not even close to being the hardest
Nighttrain
2/22/2020 3:12pm
Motofinne wrote:
Wait, Dixon put the 250 engine in the new 450 frame and Wilson Todd will race it this season? Visa det här inlägget på Instagram Swipe...
Love the looks of that bike. It definitely pops. I very much look forward to the start of MXGP. And MotoGP will be back on NBCSN. I need to clear out some DVR storage space and the Warden ain’t gonna be happy with what’s getting deleted.
Bearuno
2/23/2020 12:37am
I'd love to see them not grade the grass off much of the circuit.

Just bunt it / put up the endless signage Luongo so loves ( but, with about 2ft taken off the height of the bloody things) and let the riders, ride. Retaining the grass might also help with it not becoming a sludge fest, if it rains?

I'm not sure if I'm right with this : they are shortening the circuit to meet the 'maximum length' that Luongo / the FIM has had in place for many years now????

I won't write the number, as I'll be wrong, but, previously, some tracks have been allowed to be longer than the 'maximum length', but, Luongo has put a stop to any dispensation for longer circuits???

The argument - usually used - that a longer circuit makes it difficult to televise / film the racing, sure as hell couldn't be valid for such an 'amphitheater' like venue that is Matterley Basin.

It would be shameful to cut Matterley down in length.
flymoto
2/23/2020 2:25am
Bearuno wrote:
I'd love to see them not grade the grass off much of the circuit. Just bunt it / put up the endless signage Luongo so loves...

Just bunt it / put up the endless signage Luongo so loves ( but, with about 2ft taken off the height of the bloody things) and let the riders, ride. Retaining the grass might also help with it not becoming a sludge fest, if it rains?

I'm not sure if I'm right with this : they are shortening the circuit to meet the 'maximum length' that Luongo / the FIM has had in place for many years now????

I won't write the number, as I'll be wrong, but, previously, some tracks have been allowed to be longer than the 'maximum length', but, Luongo has put a stop to any dispensation for longer circuits???

The argument - usually used - that a longer circuit makes it difficult to televise / film the racing, sure as hell couldn't be valid for such an 'amphitheater' like venue that is Matterley Basin.

was it for the mxon they added the new section In? I did think it was better with the old layout anyway with the big downhill double/triple. He could easily cut a bit out of the new section, but it does seem a stupid rule especially with how matterley is laid out!

Won’t be making the trip this year, it’s 5 hours and don’t reallly fancy camping in the UK in March especially with the recent weather we’ve had! Be a blast im sure though!
jemcee
2/23/2020 2:28am
Bearuno wrote:
I'd love to see them not grade the grass off much of the circuit. Just bunt it / put up the endless signage Luongo so loves...

Regarding the signage, I was watching the supercars and noticed the virtual billboards surely that's a better and cheaper option.. For all involved
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
2/23/2020 3:09am
Is Steve Dixon a wizzard? or is he in some satanistic cult that sacrifice animals to pagan gods?

How else is it possible to battle the rain storms that run thru europe every weekend and still have a track at this condition?
Sidecar
2/23/2020 9:50am
I think the track will hold up fine... i’m just not sure about the camp site and car parks...
philG
2/23/2020 9:56am
Sidecar wrote:
I think the track will hold up fine... i’m just not sure about the camp site and car parks...
When you think about the Nations , it rained all day , and everyone got in and out.

We have hotelled it because we can, its cheaper than VIP camping and I am really not that fussed about being there when its cold.
philG
2/23/2020 10:42am
jemcee wrote:
Regarding the signage, I was watching the supercars and noticed the virtual billboards surely that's a better and cheaper option.. For all involved
If you can make them mudproof and get them to run on fresh air,and be able to be installed with a hammer, then im sure they will be all over it.

I did notice last year , the sign placement was much better , back from the track so it could be seen over easily , and up against the fences.

Trust me, I lose my shit over stuff like this.
jemcee
2/23/2020 2:17pm
philG wrote:
If you can make them mudproof and get them to run on fresh air,and be able to be installed with a hammer, then im sure they...
If you can make them mudproof and get them to run on fresh air,and be able to be installed with a hammer, then im sure they will be all over it.

I did notice last year , the sign placement was much better , back from the track so it could be seen over easily , and up against the fences.

Haha well they'll definitely be that.. It's a software setup (I'm assuming I know next to nothing about computers) and they put what look like signs along the side of the track but they're not there really (You as confused as I am? haha) here like this

So the VW one is there but the others aren't
See more of them in action here

Should mention I don't really 'know' all this but you can see there's a difference in some billboards so I'm assuming (again)
jeffro503
2/23/2020 2:40pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Love the looks of that bike. It definitely pops. I very much look forward to the start of MXGP. And MotoGP will be back on NBCSN...
Love the looks of that bike. It definitely pops. I very much look forward to the start of MXGP. And MotoGP will be back on NBCSN. I need to clear out some DVR storage space and the Warden ain’t gonna be happy with what’s getting deleted.
NT......brother , buckle down and get the MXGP package. It's waaayyy worth it! When you don't , and only get to see the last two 30min motos in MX2 and MXGP , you are literally only seeing two.....of 10 - 14 motos + qualifiers! This will be like my 5th year? , and it's been worth every penny. The qualifiers + 1st motos , + EMX125 , EMX250 , EMX300 , 85's , 65's , women......so much damn moto , it's almost impossible to keep up. It's like $141.00 for us USA guy's , but to me.....worth every penny. And the 125 class......god damn , some of the best racing I've seen in ages! I love everything the GP's have become!
2/23/2020 2:41pm
philG wrote:
If you can make them mudproof and get them to run on fresh air,and be able to be installed with a hammer, then im sure they...

jemcee wrote:
Haha well they'll definitely be that.. It's a software setup (I'm assuming I know next to nothing about computers) and they put what look like signs...
Haha well they'll definitely be that.. It's a software setup (I'm assuming I know next to nothing about computers) and they put what look like signs along the side of the track but they're not there really (You as confused as I am? haha) here like this

So the VW one is there but the others aren't
See more of them in action here

Should mention I don't really 'know' all this but you can see there's a difference in some billboards so I'm assuming (again)
So now the rest of the world knows how gay their motor racing is compared to ours!
jeffro503
2/23/2020 3:05pm
So now the rest of the world knows how gay their motor racing is compared to ours!
Haha!.......well , coming from an American , the V8 supercars have been my favorite 4 wheel class for quite some time. Over all others! Started following them around 2010 or so.......and I still to this day love it! I race sims and have been in practice sessions with some of the real V8 SC drivers , such as Mclaughlin , Reynolds , Mostert and Canto. They frequent the sim tracks during the off season. Tell ya what......running a descent sim in V8's on a track like Bathurst is one white knuckle fucking drive , and fucking crazy!

Post a reply to: Matterley Basin MXGP 2020 Rd1 is go

The Latest