Matte Graphics

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2018 5:50 PM

premiersportsoutlet wrote:

Here's another angle. No doubt the matte looks really cool. Photo

I like your kit!! Your bike is in point. Matte is where it's at.

|

3/4/2018 5:59 PM

looks dope!

|

3/30/2019 7:11 PM

premiersportsoutlet wrote:

Matte beats gloss.
Photo

How well did the graphics hold up? Thinking of getting a set but was wondering how bad they show scratches after a while.

|

3/30/2019 7:14 PM

Photo
|

3/30/2019 8:07 PM

Just curious. How would matte graphics show scratches worse than gloss? I figured it would be the opposite since they are already dull.

|

3/30/2019 8:20 PM

Anybody got this look on a Ktm?

|

3/30/2019 8:21 PM

kpersonius264 wrote:

Just curious. How would matte graphics show scratches worse than gloss? I figured it would be the opposite since they are ...more

That’s why I was asking. I wasn’t sure how they would hold up. I didn’t know if the printing process was different.

|

3/30/2019 8:42 PM

logan_140 wrote:

Anybody got this look on a Ktm?

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

3/30/2019 8:48 PM

Just got my matte done this week. I thought I was a little trickyer to appy seems like you see everything Photo
Photo

|

3/30/2019 8:50 PM

Who does the matte graphics? They look sweet

|

3/30/2019 8:54 PM

logan_140 wrote:

Mine came from split graphics they have the option to gloss or matte any kit

|

3/30/2019 9:08 PM

Bikegrafix does them as well

|

3/30/2019 11:32 PM

logan_140 wrote:

DeCal Works offers it also. You can pick Matte, Gripper or Gloss.

|

3/30/2019 11:35 PM

Photo
Photo
First time doing matte as well and like it way better then gloss
|

1/26/2021 8:34 AM

Does anyone have any feedback on how the matte graphics hold up compared to gloss?
I'm thinking of doing matte black/grey on the number plates but wondering how quickly they show scratches.

Does SC1 make things look good as new?

|

1/26/2021 8:47 AM

BigShovel250 wrote:

Does anyone have any feedback on how the matte graphics hold up compared to gloss?
I'm thinking of doing matte black/grey on ...more

Matte finishes in graphics (as well as paint) will tend to show abuses and be harder to clean. The business that I'm in we custom paints bicycles and we recommend against matte finishes especially if they are lighter colors because they pick up dirt and show scratches much easier. Gloss finishes going to have a more durable finish and are easier to clean.

|

1/26/2021 9:06 AM

Here is matte white.
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/26/2021 9:55 AM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

Here is matte white.
Photo
Photo
Photo

Looks great on the minimalistic design.

Do you have any real world feedback on how they hold up? How many hours would you get out of matte vs gloss?

Does a product like SC1 refresh the graphics like it does for gloss?

I'm a vet guy that doesn't race so my previous gloss graphics normally last a few years.

|

1/26/2021 11:01 AM

We did MATTE finish graphics for our Dakar rider Stefan Svitko for a 3rd year in a row. He love different look. We produce matte graphics in the same quality as standard stickers, but they show more scratches and wear compare to gloss. Of course, a lot also depends on how you take care of the motorcycle plastics/graphics.
Photo

So far, we can say that after a few years of production of matte graphics, customers were always satisfied.
Photo

|

https://scrubdesignz.com
Graphics // Plastics // Seat covers

1/26/2021 11:44 AM

BigShovel250 wrote:

Looks great on the minimalistic design.

Do you have any real world feedback on how they hold up? How many hours would you ...more

Thanks! I have had them on since June of last year, and they have been holding up well. Roughly 15 hours of riding at the practice tracks, and a trip in the woods. No racing.

SC1 does refresh, but gives it more of a gloss look to it. I prep the bike with SC1 before riding, and use Shout & Magic Eraser to clean them after riding. No issues and they still look good.

|

1/26/2021 1:36 PM

Appreciate the input!
I think I'll try them out.

|

1/26/2021 3:42 PM

I prefer gloss, but that does look good. I usually like my hard parts to be non-shiny (natural, brown, or raw metal colors instead of anodized,) and the plastic to be shiny and glossy. However, you could easily make a case for the matte finish tying right into my opinion on hard parts. Well done.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

1/27/2021 11:31 AM

DeCal Works Matte Finish | Any questions please e-mail Sean@decalmx.com or Text 815-784-4000 (attn Sean) *Mention Vital MX*

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/27/2021 3:16 PM

Photo
|

1/27/2021 3:28 PM

I can tell you this Black with Grey numbers is so hard for hand scoring where Grey with black is easier and just look and see why. But hand scoring hate it either way they like more contrast. Just saying.

|

1/27/2021 4:09 PM

I have noticed matte hides the scratches better (:

|

1/27/2021 8:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2021 8:56 PM

I was on the fence because I didn’t think they’d hold up. I’ve had these from SKDA on for a year now and they are really durable, and still fresh looking. It’s plastic/graphics refresh time again, too, and I’m using matte again.
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

1/27/2021 11:23 PM

Gloss every day for me Thankyou.

I have an SC1 obsession too, which would mean matte would be pointless.

Gloss FTW!

|

The above may be fact or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting. I am not sure, you have no chance.

1/28/2021 6:46 AM

Photo

Matte from SKDA. I don’t notice any durability issues or any more scratches gloss vs matte.

Using the same cleaning methods as posted above, shout, ect. ALLWAYS use SC1. Acts like a moisturizer for the matte and keeps it looking new IMO.
|

1/28/2021 9:28 AM

smithers57 wrote: Photo
Photo
First time doing matte as well and like it way better then gloss

Can't believe I'm the first one to tell you this looks incredible!

|