Matt Leblanc (Joey) w/ Jeremy McGrath

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3682nd
12/17/2021 9:25am
Cool little feature of Joey from Friends interviewing MC at the test track back in the day. Short clips of MC riding the KTM.

|
Jbulz
Fantasy
3981st
12/17/2021 9:49am
I have this on DVD lol. It's a 3-disk box set with MC hosting the SX disk, Pastrana hosting MX (or supermoto maybe?) and Leblanc hosting woods/enduro. I remember there being some clips of Leblanc riding and doing some hill climbs or something. The 2000s were weird.

My GF is a huge Friends fan and I always like to point out to her when he's wearing moto apparel in the show. There are a few scenes where he's wearing the classic Fox Head shirt (back when that stuff was mail-order only lol.)
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1222nd
12/17/2021 10:32am
Also Jeremy was in an episode as an extra.

I think he was in Central Perk in a scene

Cool stuff !
Tater
Fantasy
593rd
12/17/2021 10:39am
Pakoyz250f wrote:
Also Jeremy was in an episode as an extra.

I think he was in Central Perk in a scene

Cool stuff !
Yup. Spotted him in the background while watching friends on HBO max just a couple weeks ago.
Moto Nomad
12/17/2021 10:45am
I remember one episode where there was a moto guy sitting talking to them and he was portrayed as a total tool. He was obsessed with moto and said something about it's becoming a more mainstream sport due to people like Ricky Carmichael. I thought it was pretty funny they had that level of humor about moto.

The Shop

stone881
12/17/2021 3:34pm
I walked into a sky box at the McGrath Invitational, whatever year that was, lo and behold...Joey! I think we gave each other the head nod and just watched some racing. It was a cool track w a few metal ramps mixed in and mostly top SPY riders at the time.... Pastrana...Grant....Windham.... Millsaps...don't remember anyone else.
crf250pilot
12/17/2021 5:14pm
stone881 wrote:
I walked into a sky box at the McGrath Invitational, whatever year that was, lo and behold...Joey! I think we gave each other the head nod...
I walked into a sky box at the McGrath Invitational, whatever year that was, lo and behold...Joey! I think we gave each other the head nod and just watched some racing. It was a cool track w a few metal ramps mixed in and mostly top SPY riders at the time.... Pastrana...Grant....Windham.... Millsaps...don't remember anyone else.
Grant was flying then. That was a cool one off race, but MC got hurt and didn’t even ride if I remember correct.
yak651
Fantasy
168th
12/17/2021 5:52pm
How YOU doing??
Jbulz
Fantasy
3981st
12/17/2021 6:48pm
stone881 wrote:
I walked into a sky box at the McGrath Invitational, whatever year that was, lo and behold...Joey! I think we gave each other the head nod...
Grant was flying then. That was a cool one off race, but MC got hurt and didn’t even ride if I remember correct.
I remember that, I was probably 15 years old and was CONVINCED McGrath was going to make a comeback! All my friends came over to try and stream that race from motocross.com on the family PC's 17" CRT monitor lol. I think the player was like a 3"x5" QuickTime video that was so grainy we could barely even tell what we were watching... But we sat our asses and watched the whole thing.

I vaguely remember a 1 on 1 qualifying event which was pretty exciting, and that huge metal ramp that only a few guys were able to stay low off. Cool event that I never hear talked about anymore. Has to be one of the earliest MX streaming events ever too.

Pretty sure the announcers said MC crashed on the metal ramp in practice the day before and broke his neck, so he wasn't competing.

Post a reply to: Matt Leblanc (Joey) w/ Jeremy McGrath

The Latest