Mathes vs the Anstie's

ZOBITO
7/26/2021 9:17am
Ansties chick shouldn’t have said anything, but damn is anyone else over Matthes? He is a part of what keeps this sort small with his big...
Ansties chick shouldn’t have said anything, but damn is anyone else over Matthes? He is a part of what keeps this sort small with his big fish in small pond demeanor.
cbaird254 wrote:
love or hate the guy, he brings us insights in this sport that nobody else does.
Well, we got Cooksey.
Laughing
TeamGreen
7/26/2021 9:22am
flarider wrote:
I know Matilde and Marvin have been together for like 20 years, because I first met them when he was 16 at the Moscow (Russia) SX...
I know Matilde and Marvin have been together for like 20 years, because I first met them when he was 16 at the Moscow (Russia) SX in like 03 or 04

He didn't even speak english back then, but she did some.

She is a strong woman, but knows to stay off the radar publicly
Yup! She's a very smart individual. Her self-control is something I'm jealous of.

I have seen her face turn BRIGHT F'ing Red as Marv "let" Ryan win...right in front of us...
She stood there shaking her head...she was PISSED...she said NOTHING!
She just quietly left the KTM box and walked down to the stadium floor and "took care of Marv"...managed him, if you will.

On occasion I have seen Marv come back to the rig on a night that he SHOULD have won; but, didn't...she was there to calm him down and get him to "move on"...and, man...he needed calming down. The dude was pissed...& he should have been. He threw a win...away. She handled it. Well, they...handled it.

At practice & training...and DIET, she's AMAZINGLY knowledge-able...but, you'd never know it; because, only her and Marv need to know these things. ONLY THEY NEED TO SHARE THESE THINGS. She's one of the smartest people in the pits. When people run on and on and on about replacing Roger? Shiiiiiiiiit. I'll take Mathilde over some of the people y'all suggest. Why? Like I wrote above: I've seen her in action. I've seen her watch and help Marv 'make adjustments'. She's smarter than most. The simple fact is, she's a class act.

Anyways, the greater point is this...

FAMILY...
Friends...
Bro's and Chicks...
The Entourage...
ALL need to STFU on Social Media about ANYTHING THEY "THINK" THEY KNOW when they're in and around the teams and riders.

As to the comments about Max's bike being good enough or not...?
Seems to me there are times he get's around the track pretty damn well.
Seems to me he's grabbed some excellent starts.
Seems to me THIS is the ride he got.
Seems to me he NEEDS to produce.
Period.

While we're here:
I'm a fan of Max.
I'm a fan of his dad, too (The man knows his Moto-craft).

I hope Max get's some good motos in and gets a ride for 2022.
And, I hope he and his lady figure out how social media and moto-media work...soon.
GabeM
7/26/2021 9:24am
Is she right though? Both Matthes and Anstie's wife are looking for clicks.
visser62
7/26/2021 9:27am
As soon as the post was up, Max should have gone to his wife and said,
"Right, what's all this, then?"

The Shop

ZOBITO
7/26/2021 9:28am
Yes, Mathilde takes great care of Marvin and his diet. Maybe a little too much.
Wink

Graybeard
Fantasy
2206th
7/26/2021 9:37am
Graybeard wrote:
Having worked for two of these publications way back in the day, yes, it is really sad.......
HuskyEd wrote:
Pete Szylagyi?
Not Pete, I worked at Cycles News and Dirt Bike back in the late '70s / early '80
face biter
7/26/2021 10:05am
Decorum, comportment, situational awareness, proper channels, etc...
There are ways to do things, and ways not to do things and we’re all capable of learning the hard way at times.
Johnny Ringo
7/26/2021 10:17am
And Anstie wonders why his only option left in Pro Motocross was a B level support ride. GP’s don’t want him, Factory Teams here don’t.

Mediocre results and bad attitudes/crazy family members are a great recipe for being a privateer in 2022
kardy
7/26/2021 10:25am
flarider wrote:
I know Matilde and Marvin have been together for like 20 years, because I first met them when he was 16 at the Moscow (Russia) SX...
I know Matilde and Marvin have been together for like 20 years, because I first met them when he was 16 at the Moscow (Russia) SX in like 03 or 04

Moscow was '07 Dave, come on man!
TK40_FC
7/26/2021 10:28am
Milly invited the criticism when she posted her emotional reaction publicly. She clearly regretted it, when she deleted it, but instead of owning it and following up with a "my bad, just upset - my apologies to the team, I know they work really hard" kind of thing - they decided it would be better to go all in and try to dodge any accountability. Then they took in a step further and escalated it in the form of a public confrontation with someone who simply didn't like the optics of the whole thing. Steve has every right to give his opinion, she made here feelings public and therefor he's entitled to his take in the same forum. Being a former mechanic, he's going to have a more personal reaction to it since he would've never appreciated being thrown under the bus publicly by a rider or his significant other.

I like Max, his wife seems great as well, but they handled this very poorly. It was entirely of their making as well.
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
7/26/2021 10:29am
agn5008 wrote:
They’re loyal to the team and family members?
LungButter wrote:
If only the family members were loyal to the team.....
I have no dog in the fight. I was generally curious what he meant by his comment. That was the way I took it.
7/26/2021 10:30am
early wrote:
MXA, DIRTRIDER, DIRTBIKE, CYCLEWORLD, CYCLE NEWS all had a 40 year headstart on him, yet today they are rarely mentioned for their coverage of the sport.
LungButter wrote:
Aside from Cycle News, what coverage to any of them provide?

The only thing less relevant than some of those media outlets is Anstie.
So come on, tell us, what did Max ever do to you to upset you?
LungButter
7/26/2021 10:33am
Same as he's done to make me a fan....not a damn thing. The dude is not nearly as relevant as he or his wife think, that's all.

Like Ringo said....if he was so good he wouldn't be on a 2nd rate team riding the most outdated bike in the field.

I will be proved right next year when he doesn't even get a ride on HEP let alone a top tier team.
byke
7/26/2021 10:39am
Young and dumb, we've all been there. They'll reflect over time and sort it out. No big deal.
APLMAN99
7/26/2021 10:40am
flarider wrote:
I hate saying this, as the father of daughters and someone who's all for women's rights and equality, but wives and girlfriends of racers need to...
I hate saying this, as the father of daughters and someone who's all for women's rights and equality, but wives and girlfriends of racers need to STFU.

Clean his goggles, clean his pipes, keep your man happy and ready.

Team has its job, you have yours.
Sexist? Yes.
But you're part of the team. We all have our part to play.

These are highly tuned and mentally jacked race horses. I do not care what any of you say, they're mentally fragile with pretty much anyone but another peer racer.

Negativity festers and grows. If your partner (woman) is feeding that cancer, you won't get better. Have to provide positive reinforcement. Establish their concerns, but do not feed it, help find resolution together.

Public complaining helps no one.
Dave, I think that you could have left the gender out of it and still been correct.

Should apply to anyone in the riders' "circle", like James Sr., Roczen's dad, Tony Alessi at times, etc, etc, etc.....

Not really a female/"chick" thing, at least I don't think so.

But probably the thing to remember here is that this young woman probably isn't coming by these feelings just out of the blue. It's likely that she is reflecting Max's frustrations but just didn't apply the filter that he has probably been doing.

Sounds like Max's wife let her emotions get the better of her, tried to remove it but Matthes liked the 'scandalous' angle of it and ran it, then wanted to talk about it as if his exploitation/use of it didn't create any tension with the team. I wouldn't expect things to necessarily go smooth there, especially if she had already tried to retract her impulsive message and wanted to mend fences within the team.

Not saying that Matthes shouldn't have used it, but he also shouldn't have expected a red carpet welcome either.
USA
Fantasy
507th
7/26/2021 10:44am
To some people, words actually do hurt.
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1417th
7/26/2021 11:09am
So Matthes is now concerned with, and critiquing spousal social media content? That's journalism now? Sweet. Ask her what her favorite Pinterest recipe is while you're...
So Matthes is now concerned with, and critiquing spousal social media content? That's journalism now? Sweet. Ask her what her favorite Pinterest recipe is while you're over there. Maybe "just moto" is too boring for people these days.

We went from Dave Despain reading us the news in a suit mid week to all these dorks with cellphones, cargo shorts, and worn out one-liners so quickly no one had a chance to go, "wtf"
I'm guessing most of the people down voting this never watched Speed Sport News......
flarider
7/26/2021 11:17am
flarider wrote:

kardy wrote:
Moscow was '07 Dave, come on man!
Was it?

Shit, I am so screwed up
GabeM
7/26/2021 11:19am
So Matthes is now concerned with, and critiquing spousal social media content? That's journalism now? Sweet. Ask her what her favorite Pinterest recipe is while you're...
So Matthes is now concerned with, and critiquing spousal social media content? That's journalism now? Sweet. Ask her what her favorite Pinterest recipe is while you're over there. Maybe "just moto" is too boring for people these days.

We went from Dave Despain reading us the news in a suit mid week to all these dorks with cellphones, cargo shorts, and worn out one-liners so quickly no one had a chance to go, "wtf"
Sad what our world has become. Even Moto journalism reflects our cultural decay.
DownSouth
7/26/2021 11:20am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 11:21am
flarider wrote:
I hate saying this, as the father of daughters and someone who's all for women's rights and equality, but wives and girlfriends of racers need to...
I hate saying this, as the father of daughters and someone who's all for women's rights and equality, but wives and girlfriends of racers need to STFU.

Sexist? Yes.

These are highly tuned and mentally jacked race horses. I do not care what any of you say, they're mentally fragile with pretty much anyone but another peer racer.

Negativity festers and grows. If your partner (woman) is feeding that cancer, you won't get better. Have to provide positive reinforcement. Establish their concerns, but do not feed it, help find resolution together.

APLMAN99 wrote:
Dave, I think that you could have left the gender out of it and still been correct. Should apply to anyone in the riders' "circle", like...
Dave, I think that you could have left the gender out of it and still been correct.

Should apply to anyone in the riders' "circle", like James Sr., Roczen's dad, Tony Alessi at times, etc, etc, etc.....

But probably the thing to remember here is that this young woman probably isn't coming by these feelings just out of the blue. It's likely that she is reflecting Max's frustrations but just didn't apply the filter that he has probably been doing.

Sounds like Max's wife let her emotions get the better of her, tried to remove it but Matthes liked the 'scandalous' angle of it and ran it, then wanted to talk about it as if his exploitation/use of it didn't create any tension with the team. I wouldn't expect things to necessarily go smooth there, especially if she had already tried to retract her impulsive message and wanted to mend fences within the team.

Not saying that Matthes shouldn't have used it, but he also shouldn't have expected a red carpet welcome either.
Matthes did not raise the issue himself. Someone called in to the Pulp show after it was posted here and asked about it and Steve gave his opinion.

Would you have preferred a "no comment" response to the caller?
flarider
7/26/2021 11:20am
flarider wrote:

Sexist? Yes.

APLMAN99 wrote:
Dave, I think that you could have left the gender out of it and still been correct. Should apply to anyone in the riders' "circle", like...

True, but I was speaking more to the day to day minute to minute tending of the rider needs.
GabeM
7/26/2021 11:25am
flarider wrote:

Sexist? Yes.

APLMAN99 wrote:

DownSouth wrote:
Matthes did not raise the issue himself. Someone called in to the Pulp show after it was posted here and asked about it and Steve gave...
Matthes did not raise the issue himself. Someone called in to the Pulp show after it was posted here and asked about it and Steve gave his opinion.

I am sure they screen calls and choose which ones to answer or not.
7/26/2021 11:35am
LungButter wrote:
Same as he's done to make me a fan....not a damn thing. The dude is not nearly as relevant as he or his wife think, that's...
Same as he's done to make me a fan....not a damn thing. The dude is not nearly as relevant as he or his wife think, that's all.

Like Ringo said....if he was so good he wouldn't be on a 2nd rate team riding the most outdated bike in the field.

I will be proved right next year when he doesn't even get a ride on HEP let alone a top tier team.
Can we explore which riders you are a fan of who are also on 2nd tier teams? There must be some?

What about riders who are on 1st tier teams who are (relatively) underperforming?
kNewc
7/26/2021 12:05pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 12:05pm
APLMAN99 wrote:

DownSouth wrote:
Matthes did not raise the issue himself. Someone called in to the Pulp show after it was posted here and asked about it and Steve gave...

GabeM wrote:
I'm not so sure they are screened. Someone called while Kellen was on and called him the N word live.. Other people have been trash and hung up on.
HuskyEd
7/26/2021 12:15pm
Graybeard wrote:
Having worked for two of these publications way back in the day, yes, it is really sad.......
HuskyEd wrote:
Pete Szylagyi?
Graybeard wrote:
Not Pete, I worked at Cycles News and Dirt Bike back in the late '70s / early '80
OK, thanks. Saw Texas and two mentioned publications and thought it might be Pete.
greenmx5
7/26/2021 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 12:27pm
DownSouth wrote:

GabeM wrote:
kNewc wrote:
I'm not so sure they are screened. Someone called while Kellen was on and called him the N word live.. Other people have been trash and...
I'm not so sure they are screened. Someone called while Kellen was on and called him the N word live.. Other people have been trash and hung up on.
They are all screened, but someone can say whatever they want just to get through the screening process. After that, whatever they said can't be controlled by Matthes, Marx, talon, or tits. This goes with any radio show that has live callers. Best thing they can do is cut the person off immediately and move on. Entertaining it would only fuel more imbeciles.
7/26/2021 12:33pm
Max seems very likable in the weege recap vids. His wife was pissed and spouted out. Social media needs a throat punch. It does far more harm than good. If the bike does not complete the race the team is to blame not the wife/rider in my book. Mathes try’s to get the hard takes on our sport. If a HEP mechanic wanted to take it physical that is the person that needs to be fired.
LungButter
7/26/2021 1:13pm
Can we explore which riders you are a fan of who are also on 2nd tier teams? There must be some? What about riders who are...
Can we explore which riders you are a fan of who are also on 2nd tier teams? There must be some?

What about riders who are on 1st tier teams who are (relatively) underperforming?
Not sure how that is relevant.... ??

But I do understand your loyalty to Anstie given your both from the Island....I'm just not particularly a fan and his wife showing her ignorance certainly didn't help any.
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/26/2021 1:20pm
Steve and Max will hash it out tonight.

Post a reply to: Mathes vs the Anstie's

The Latest