Mathes vs the Anstie's

biglad
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2021 7:24pm
Absolutely fantastic radio listening to Mathes JT and Weige talk about an incident which happened after the races on Saturday on the Pulp review show. Mathes said he went over to the truck after the race and Max and his Mrs went crazy at him telling him to get out of the awning and that a certain member of the HEP team Was trying to get physical with him. Was anyone at washougal lucky enough to catch this unfold?

For the people who need filling in, basically Anstie's Chick a couple weeks ago took her frustration about Max's team out on Instagram by saying a few things along the line of max is risking his life riding this piece of sh!t, before hastily deleting the post.

Mathes obviously saw this (like a lot of us did) before deleting it, and called her out and said she cannot say those things about the team, also saying that the team don't do a post slamming max when he does crap. A few other bits were said but that's the jist of things...

What is it with Washougal and Mathes getting in to drama... #lasergate
|
Snapper
7/26/2021 4:40am
How bizarre! Especially when Matthes was defending the team by saying that wives shouldn't post negative comments about the team.
7/26/2021 4:45am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 5:00am
So Matthes is now concerned with, and critiquing spousal social media content? That's journalism now? Sweet. Ask her what her favorite Pinterest recipe is while you're over there. Maybe "just moto" is too boring for people these days.

We went from Dave Despain reading us the news in a suit mid week to all these dorks with cellphones, cargo shorts, and worn out one-liners so quickly no one had a chance to go, "wtf"
Dutch348
7/26/2021 4:52am
TMZ Matthes calls out someone’s chick, then goes over to their rig? Weird.

The Shop

agn5008
Fantasy
317th
7/26/2021 5:15am
Snapper wrote:
How bizarre! Especially when Matthes was defending the team by saying that wives shouldn't post negative comments about the team.
She probably shouldn’t have posted the comments but at the same time I get it. Obviously he’s not comfortable with the bike and for whatever reason they aren’t fixing it.
biglad
7/26/2021 5:23am
She also wrote, that max is risking his life riding the bike. If I was the team I would tell max don't ever bring that chick around here no more...
7/26/2021 5:32am
When did it become the norm to have your chick with you all day on the job anyway? Only team personnel at the rig solves the issue.
greenmx5
7/26/2021 5:34am Edited Date/Time 7/26/2021 5:35am
Wives/girlfriends are going to be extremely biased towards their man and whatever their man has to say. That's just how it is. Whether I'm happy with my employer or not, I don't want my wife going on social media and telling everyone how shitty they are. There's 0 to gain from it. The point Matthes is making is that she shouldn't be out there bashing the team with one side of the story. Just like the team has no right mid contract to get on social media and say their rider is riding like shit out there. If he doesn't like the team, then don't ride.
ZOBITO
7/26/2021 5:36am
C'mon guys, it was "just a f*cking joke".
Laughing
That's what she said.

yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/26/2021 5:44am
biglad wrote:
She also wrote, that max is risking his life riding the bike. If I was the team I would tell max don't ever bring that chick...
She also wrote, that max is risking his life riding the bike. If I was the team I would tell max don't ever bring that chick around here no more...
But she's good looking, she improves the teams "presentation"
flarider
7/26/2021 5:48am
I hate saying this, as the father of daughters and someone who's all for women's rights and equality, but wives and girlfriends of racers need to STFU.

Clean his goggles, clean his pipes, keep your man happy and ready.

Team has its job, you have yours.
Sexist? Yes.
But you're part of the team. We all have our part to play.

These are highly tuned and mentally jacked race horses. I do not care what any of you say, they're mentally fragile with pretty much anyone but another peer racer.

Negativity festers and grows. If your partner (woman) is feeding that cancer, you won't get better. Have to provide positive reinforcement. Establish their concerns, but do not feed it, help find resolution together.

Public complaining helps no one.
BobPA
7/26/2021 5:53am
LungButter wrote:
Who’s Anstie?
Euro guy, hauls the mail...Having a bit of a rough year.
7/26/2021 6:00am
I guess I can't say its especially the bike's problem. Maybe he isn't gelling with it right now but last season he showed good speed in multiple races and as everyone knows, Suzuki hasn't changed the bike on him. He also had a great start in one of the moto's, like 4th I believe, and couldn't hold it.
biglad
7/26/2021 6:02am
When did it become the norm to have your chick with you all day on the job anyway? Only team personnel at the rig solves the...
When did it become the norm to have your chick with you all day on the job anyway? Only team personnel at the rig solves the issue.
It seems the thing to have the chicks involved so much more with the euro riders. Look at musquin and dylans chicks, they are so involved they might as well be riding shotgun on the back of the bikes.
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
7/26/2021 6:02am
Max and/or his wife not wanting to talk to Matthes... who cares. A team member wanting to fight Steve for defending the team is dumb. Only this sport…
ZOBITO
7/26/2021 6:05am
Actually, Milly Anstie should let her husband do his own PR. He's interviewed by Lebig and is very good at remaining positive while saying his bike is not where he thinks it should be, concluding "We need to work"...
BTW Jamie, he actually says that his bike is pretty much the same as last year while the others have progressed quite a bit.
ZOBITO
7/26/2021 6:12am
motoxxx599 wrote:
Max and/or his wife not wanting to talk to Matthes... who cares. A team member wanting to fight Steve for defending the team is dumb. Only...
Max and/or his wife not wanting to talk to Matthes... who cares. A team member wanting to fight Steve for defending the team is dumb. Only this sport…
Well, HEP is sponsored by Mayhem...
Laughing
7/26/2021 6:13am
ZOBITO wrote:
Actually, Milly Anstie should let her husband do his own PR. He's interviewed by Lebig and is very good at remaining positive while saying his bike...
Actually, Milly Anstie should let her husband do his own PR. He's interviewed by Lebig and is very good at remaining positive while saying his bike is not where he thinks it should be, concluding "We need to work"...
BTW Jamie, he actually says that his bike is pretty much the same as last year while the others have progressed quite a bit.
I surely believe others have progressed. It's just a little hard to believe that Hartranft is on the same machine and is improving his results almost weekly now. Bikes are not magic wands. Power, weight, technology, handling, all helps but at the end of the day if the rider can't make it happen the easy scapegoat is the machine.
davistld01
7/26/2021 6:20am
biglad wrote:
It seems the thing to have the chicks involved so much more with the euro riders. Look at musquin and dylans chicks, they are so involved...
It seems the thing to have the chicks involved so much more with the euro riders. Look at musquin and dylans chicks, they are so involved they might as well be riding shotgun on the back of the bikes.
Both Dylan Ferrandis' girlfriend and Mathilde Musquin support their rider boyfriends/husbands...and they do it in a very positive way, from what I see. That said, I've never seen either one of them spout off on social media about anything at all...and certainly not anything derogatory regarding their significant others bike or team. Frankly, Max's girlfriend should be told to STFU. She's not the rider, she's not under contract, and she has ZERO to say about any of it.

biglad
7/26/2021 6:21am
ZOBITO wrote:
Actually, Milly Anstie should let her husband do his own PR. He's interviewed by Lebig and is very good at remaining positive while saying his bike...
If the bike was that bad, Max would not be riding it. If he thinks he could do better on another brand of bike. Go out and buy one and put your own thing together and prove you are worthy of a better bike. It worked for barcia and wilson.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
7/26/2021 6:35am
What’s the nicest thing you’ve bought your wife: A ticket home.
mxb2
7/26/2021 6:47am
ZOBITO wrote:
biglad wrote:
If the bike was that bad, Max would not be riding it. If he thinks he could do better on another brand of bike. Go out...
If the bike was that bad, Max would not be riding it. If he thinks he could do better on another brand of bike. Go out and buy one and put your own thing together and prove you are worthy of a better bike. It worked for barcia and wilson.
Bingo, i guarantee tomac, kroc ,ferrandis wouldnt be placing 12-14th place on that bike. Like one poster said, keep family outa the work place if they are in the way.
early
Fantasy
2212th
7/26/2021 6:49am
crowe660 wrote:
What’s the nicest thing you’ve bought your wife: A ticket home.
Savage Laughing
7/26/2021 6:52am
ZOBITO wrote:
biglad wrote:
If the bike was that bad, Max would not be riding it. If he thinks he could do better on another brand of bike. Go out...
Couldn’t agree more. It isn’t about just the motorcycle, it’s the team around it making it work.
There’s a reason a rider didn’t get an offer from a better team. If the current one isn’t good enough, go fund yourself what you think is good enough and show us the results.
nskerb
7/26/2021 6:58am
The fact that an HEP staff guy was willing to get in Matthes' face for saying Mrs. Anstie's chicken shit comment was tells all you need to know about that staff member.

Post a reply to: Mathes vs the Anstie's

The Latest