Marysville MMX, CA today (vintage bikes)

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2018 5:52 PM

I had a blast at my first ride at Marysville MX today. The dirt was perfect- prep was first class and I was impressed with this whole facility. Glad to see the enthusiastic crew on the older bikes today. Here is a sample.

View on the way, the photo doesn't even do the drive justice. Sutter Buttes in the distance.

Photo

Photo


Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 5:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2018 5:57 PM



Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 6:01 PM

We went to the osmx there a few weeks ago, and it's a great facility. We went to Argyll today, the dirt and layout was great but later in the day the wind picked up big-time.

Diablo mx in Brentwood tomorrow

|

2/18/2018 6:50 PM

Photo




|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 6:54 PM

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2018 8:31 PM

Photo
Somebody told me this was a 1991 CZ, but somebody else said it had older parts on it, and he actually had a European accent, so it at least sounded authoritative.




|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 7:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2018 8:37 PM

Photo
An RM- I am not sure what year.


|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 7:03 PM

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 7:07 PM

Photo

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 7:11 PM

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 7:22 PM

Some sweet bikes. But what exactly is Marysville MX? There was E-street, Riverfront, and MMX. Is it MMX ?

|

2/18/2018 7:50 PM

coastie44 wrote:

Some sweet bikes. But what exactly is Marysville MX? There was E-street, Riverfront, and MMX. Is it MMX ?

You would be correct wink It's MMX.

|

2/18/2018 8:22 PM

coastie44 wrote:

Some sweet bikes. But what exactly is Marysville MX? There was E-street, Riverfront, and MMX. Is it MMX ?

NeedMoto wrote:

You would be correct wink It's MMX.

I should have just said MMX- I a new to the area. They had an Original Standard Motocross today with a totally separate track- fantastic idea. Us old guys roosted around on the non-gap jumps. I was impressed with the multi-line sandy turns, that was a lot of fun. I am getting back into it after a five-year layoff, so the simple track was a plus.
I think this thing was my fave-looking bike of the day.

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 8:25 PM

Real Husky's, CZ's, Maico, Taco's, Elsinore's, YZ100, RM. I was hoping to see the bike in my profile pic there, because that pic is all I have left....damn thieves. Anyway, great pic's and great era for MX for sure and thanks for the share.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

2/18/2018 8:29 PM

My first ride on the rebuilt RM. Running great after 14 years.

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 8:49 PM


WTF, 81 RM 125 motor in a 79? RM frame? 76 RM fuel tank or maybe a YZ tank. Thats a diamond in the rough or a junkyard dog.

Photo

|

2/18/2018 8:53 PM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:
WTF, 81 RM 125 motor in a 79? RM frame? 76 RM fuel tank or maybe a YZ tank. Thats a diamond in the rough or a junkyard dog.

Photo

Funny you should ask- I thought it was a YZ until I saw the Suzuki engine. I thought any Suzook with the scoops would be a '81 or later Full Floater, but this has two shocks. Idaknow.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 9:03 PM

I think this guy said this CZ was mostly a '71. It had crazy shift lever play- like six inches up to shift.

Photo

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/18/2018 11:48 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2018 11:49 PM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:
WTF, 81 RM 125 motor in a 79? RM frame? 76 RM fuel tank or maybe a YZ tank. Thats a diamond in the rough or a junkyard dog.

Photo

Looks like some sort of aftermarket plastic tank. It’s missing the lower engine mount bolt and I don’t believe the gusseting on the frame around the swing arm pivot is factory. I’m guessing someone’s hybrid creation of a 79 RM. but I do remember pictures of a works Suzuki dual shocker with a water cooled motor. Hmmm.... ?

|

2/19/2018 4:28 AM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I think this guy said this CZ was mostly a '71. It had crazy shift lever play- like six inches up to shift.

Photo

NorCal,

The shift lever play is normal for a CZ! You have to take your foot off the peg to shift!

Luckily you don't have to shift them much shocked

|

00' BMW K1200 RS
83' Maico 490 ( The Project bike)
81' Maico 490- FOR SALE
03' KTM 525 SX (In ICU)
14.5 KTM 450 Fe- FOR SALE

2/19/2018 5:23 AM

Was this a scheduled vintage race or ride day? Or was this just a normal race day? Been wanting to bring my bikes out and ride again and didn’t know there was group doing it.

|

2/19/2018 8:55 AM

wfoskir wrote:

Was this a scheduled vintage race or ride day? Or was this just a normal race day? Been wanting to bring my bikes out and ride again and didn’t know there was group doing it.

Ride day. They meet every 3rd weekend of the month there at MMX.

|

2/19/2018 10:36 AM

Herb Eaversmells wrote:
WTF, 81 RM 125 motor in a 79? RM frame? 76 RM fuel tank or maybe a YZ tank. Thats a diamond in the rough or a junkyard dog.

Photo

BAD10 wrote:

Looks like some sort of aftermarket plastic tank. It’s missing the lower engine mount bolt and I don’t believe the gusseting on the frame around the swing arm pivot is factory. I’m guessing someone’s hybrid creation of a 79 RM. but I do remember pictures of a works Suzuki dual shocker with a water cooled motor. Hmmm.... ?

79-80 RM with a 76 yz tank?
81 RM shrouds for aircooled engine?
Water cooled?
Whats that hose going from the top of the shroud to back of cylinder? Aftermarket water cooled cylinder on 79-80 engine?
Aftermarket swingarm and shocks?
Front end doesnt quite look right either

Looks functional to me and I applaud the guy for putting something together so he can race.

|

" You thank whoever is up there, every morning you open your eyes, an everyday you can put your body on a motorcycle, thats pretty good enough for me" -Lars Larson

2/19/2018 11:29 AM

I thought maybe those were the old DG pro-flow scoops that MXA is talking about here.

Photo

https://motocrossactionmag.com/mxas-gyro-gearloose-invention-of-the-day-trying-to-avoid-h2o-with-simple-o/

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/19/2018 12:23 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote: Photo
Somebody told me this was a 1991 CZ, but somebody else said it had older parts on it, and he actually had a European accent, so it at least sounded authoritative.




I believe this CZ is cca 1983

|

18 Yamaha YZ450F
94 Honda CR 500
90 Honda CR 500
81 Yamaha SR 500
68 BSA Thunderbolt
69 Triumph Tiger 100

2/19/2018 12:29 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I had a blast at my first ride at Marysville MX today. The dirt was perfect- prep was first class and I was impressed with this whole facility. Glad to see the enthusiastic crew on the older bikes today. Here is a sample.

View on the way, the photo doesn't even do the drive justice. Sutter Buttes in the distance.

Photo

Photo


Photo

Decent turn out? Just figured with Riverfront racing, MMX would be a ghost town

|

2/19/2018 12:45 PM

Some nice bikes

|

If you like uncle tony's meatballs, you'll love his sausage

Now that's Italian

2/19/2018 7:22 PM

Well, now that I know this is happening, I am going to try and make it.

|

2/19/2018 9:01 PM

Turn out was really strong. All the tracks were really busy. The main tracks looked really crowded as a matter of fact.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

2/21/2018 10:44 AM

should be riding at Club Moto Livermore tonight if any of the nor cal crew wanna moto

|