Marvs got this Title

fox1nz
7/9/2018 6:19pm
When is JG33 back?, Eli could also do with some help from a team mate..
ML All those thumbs down hurt my butt, that's cruelty right there. Haha yeah
kiwifan
7/9/2018 6:49pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
By that logic Barcia's bike should make it about a lap.....
I agree but it’s a Yamaha.
ctbale wrote:
The Yamahas don't break like the kawis or Honda's, but if you look at web and barcis's bikes, they sure look like they are dancing around...
The Yamahas don't break like the kawis or Honda's, but if you look at web and barcis's bikes, they sure look like they are dancing around more.

Moosecan is gonna hurt his wrist and ET will mentally unravel,. KR94 or JB51 will win the Title.
hmmm this is the first time in recent history that a Kawasaki has broken, and I cant remember a Honda 450 going pop recently...a Husky did (Reed)...anyway lets keep this in perspective, a recent pop doesn't suddenly mean Kawasakis are crap or the rest are a lot better than the Kawasaki
7/9/2018 7:24pm
chrisg19 wrote:
I am not a Tomac fan at all, but he will win this title easily. I expect Eli will go 1-1 at Millville and this will...
I am not a Tomac fan at all, but he will win this title easily. I expect Eli will go 1-1 at Millville and this will be the last time this Championship is even close. I’d prefer Musquin to win it, but just think Eli is just the fastest in the US right now.
Pretty sure the championship will be close for a while unless MM crashes out. Do the math. Whats the difference between 1st and 2nd?
tempura
7/9/2018 7:37pm
Marvin is taking a leaf out of Dungey’s book. Stay consistent, don’t take too many risks if possible and titles get won that way.
Dungey proved you don’t have to be the fastest rider to win a title. The series is long, and consistency wins titles.

The Shop

kong0036
7/9/2018 8:18pm
You know this wouldn't even be a conversation if Tomac's bike hadn't broken. The bike issues in moto 1 with a 10 second lead with 2 laps to go was an unforced error by Eli where moto 2 was a forced error by himself. So if you give him the 25 points and a better gate pick then things would have been different. So for people to be claiming that this title is now in Marv's favor might want to step back and look at the situation a bit closer. Eli is still in control of this series
HusqFan3
7/9/2018 8:22pm
fox1nz wrote:
With the backing of the Man and last years results from the last half of the season, he has to be the favorite to win this...
With the backing of the Man and last years results from the last half of the season, he has to be the favorite to win this title. Eli cracks under pressure and could do with a person like Decoster to guild him to the title.
Serious question/proposition: Want to wager $100 on it? I’ll take Eli and you can have Marv and the rest of the field?
just James
7/9/2018 8:34pm
Personally, I give Marvin a 50% chance of winning the title at this point. Eli 49%, and 1% chance that someone else wins it.
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
7/9/2018 8:57pm
RiverockMX wrote:
Eli rides even better when not leading the points and now he's pissed. Buckle up.
I find this statement to be a stand-alone testament to Eli’s bad “luck” under pressure.
jeffro503
7/9/2018 8:59pm
seth505 wrote:
He's got a good chance...so does Eli
Nice , short and simple. And Jeffro approves Seth's message!
make1go
7/9/2018 9:30pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2018 9:31pm
Equipment is not as big a factor in MX as in other motorsports, but is a factor nonetheless. If Marvin is better at taking care of...
Equipment is not as big a factor in MX as in other motorsports, but is a factor nonetheless. If Marvin is better at taking care of his equipment, i.e. not pushing to the limit as much and causing failures or crashes, I don’t see why anyone would be bothered by him having success for that reason. One could argue that if Marvin wins the championship, he did so because he was the better racer because part of being the best is exposing your opponents weaknesses.
Are you seriously trying to make a case for one of the reasons Marvin is winning being that he doesn't ride his equipment as hard? I'm...
Are you seriously trying to make a case for one of the reasons Marvin is winning being that he doesn't ride his equipment as hard? I'm sure that's exactly whats happening. Blink
are seriously questioning that someone harder on his bike is not susceptible to more mechanicals?

you ought get out more, broaden your horizons.
fox1nz
7/9/2018 10:01pm Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 4:17am
fox1nz wrote:
With the backing of the Man and last years results from the last half of the season, he has to be the favorite to win this...
With the backing of the Man and last years results from the last half of the season, he has to be the favorite to win this title. Eli cracks under pressure and could do with a person like Decoster to guild him to the title.
HusqFan3 wrote:
Serious question/proposition: Want to wager $100 on it? I’ll take Eli and you can have Marv and the rest of the field?
I never bet on anything, especially with a person I dont know.
But.....
If the vitads here are willing to jump on this band wagon I'm keen.
Hunit per person to a riders charity and everyone is welcome to join us. Not sure how to logistically set this up but it could be a neat way to raise money for a good cause. How say you??
fox1nz
7/9/2018 10:02pm
fox1nz wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
fox1nz wrote:
I never bet on anything, especially with a person I dont know. But..... If the vitads here are willing to jump on this band wagon I'm...
I never bet on anything, especially with a person I dont know.
But.....
If the vitads here are willing to jump on this band wagon I'm keen.
Hunit per person to a riders charity and everyone is welcome to join us. Not sure how to logistically set this up but it could be a neat way to raise money for a good cause. How say you??
And ill put the hunit in there anyway..
7/10/2018 1:18am
kong0036 wrote:
You know this wouldn't even be a conversation if Tomac's bike hadn't broken. The bike issues in moto 1 with a 10 second lead with 2...
You know this wouldn't even be a conversation if Tomac's bike hadn't broken. The bike issues in moto 1 with a 10 second lead with 2 laps to go was an unforced error by Eli where moto 2 was a forced error by himself. So if you give him the 25 points and a better gate pick then things would have been different. So for people to be claiming that this title is now in Marv's favor might want to step back and look at the situation a bit closer. Eli is still in control of this series
Its a bit much to say Eli is in control of the series when he is 2nd in points. I know what you are thinking though but I suspect Marv will finish strong. He is not immune to crashes though.
make1go
7/10/2018 4:29am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2018 4:29am
kong0036 wrote:
You know this wouldn't even be a conversation if Tomac's bike hadn't broken. The bike issues in moto 1 with a 10 second lead with 2...
you do understand that racing is unpredictable and saying "well if this and that didnt happen such and such would be an even bigger love of mine" NO ONES GOT CONTROL OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP, repeat that a few thousand times.
deluxeman
7/10/2018 6:03am
kong0036 wrote:
If, If , If.................................that's fantasy not reality.

Gandorlf
7/10/2018 6:54am
Marvin wins an overall and Eli has a DNF and suddenly Marvin is the favourite? Marvin has had the red plate and quaked under the pressure just as Eli has. Marvin has crashed just as many times as Eli this year.

Eli makes a mistake it's all vitards talk about. Marvin flies over the handlebars and every just forgets about it. Why does #25 always get a free pass?
observeroffacts
Fantasy
3717th
7/10/2018 7:00am
Gandorlf wrote:
Marvin wins an overall and Eli has a DNF and suddenly Marvin is the favourite? Marvin has had the red plate and quaked under the pressure...
Marvin wins an overall and Eli has a DNF and suddenly Marvin is the favourite? Marvin has had the red plate and quaked under the pressure just as Eli has. Marvin has crashed just as many times as Eli this year.

Eli makes a mistake it's all vitards talk about. Marvin flies over the handlebars and every just forgets about it. Why does #25 always get a free pass?
The guy getting booed at every single outdoor race this year is getting a “free pass”? Ok
keinz
7/10/2018 7:36am
Gandorlf wrote:
Marvin wins an overall and Eli has a DNF and suddenly Marvin is the favourite? Marvin has had the red plate and quaked under the pressure...

Points standing
7/10/2018 8:00am
Gandorlf wrote:

The guy getting booed at every single outdoor race this year is getting a “free pass”? Ok
LaughingLaughing Seriously, Marv gets more shit here than anyone. Just last week, he had the nerve to "ride a wide bike" and make Tomac actually fight for the lead. (It's cool when Kenny does it, though..) Whistling
fox1nz
7/10/2018 12:34pm
Gandorlf wrote:

Actually Marv wins two overalls in a row bro. Are you watching this title?
fox1nz
7/10/2018 12:39pm
Decoster has his riders covered on the mental game in this sport, he's the Mr Miyagi of moto. He will use the mental power to put pressure on ET3 balls until the swell, then pop under the pressure. Haha..
Gandorlf
7/10/2018 12:54pm
Gandorlf wrote:

fox1nz wrote:
Actually Marv wins two overalls in a row bro. Are you watching this title?
Was refering to Southwick "bro"
Gandorlf
7/10/2018 12:56pm
Gandorlf wrote:

The booing sucks, I made a thread about it last week. But I'm talking about the other stuff mistakes he makes etc. Not the things people accuse him of (cross jumping, riding a wide bike). Couldn't care less of what people THINK of him.
7/10/2018 3:39pm
make1go wrote:
are seriously questioning that someone harder on his bike is not susceptible to more mechanicals?

You "ought" read more. I said he's not any harder on his bike than Marvin is his. Foolish to think that he is.
cbuehler767
7/10/2018 4:39pm
tempura wrote:
Marvin is taking a leaf out of Dungey’s book. Stay consistent, don’t take too many risks if possible and titles get won that way. Dungey proved...
Marvin is taking a leaf out of Dungey’s book. Stay consistent, don’t take too many risks if possible and titles get won that way.
Dungey proved you don’t have to be the fastest rider to win a title. The series is long, and consistency wins titles.
Except that when RV was sidelined Dungey was the fastest rider in the series. What title did he win where someone else was the faster rider? Dungey won a ton of outdoor races.
7/10/2018 5:02pm
Gandorlf wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: Seriously, Marv gets more shit here than anyone. Just last week, he had the [i]nerve[/i] to "ride a wide bike" and make Tomac actually...
LaughingLaughing Seriously, Marv gets more shit here than anyone. Just last week, he had the nerve to "ride a wide bike" and make Tomac actually fight for the lead. (It's cool when Kenny does it, though..) Whistling
Actually someone in the Marv cross jumping thread said that Kenny should move over for Marvin because he wasn't going as fast.
fox1nz
7/11/2018 11:50am
fox1nz wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
Thought so!
HusqFan3
7/11/2018 12:14pm
fox1nz wrote:
HusqFan3 wrote:
fox1nz wrote:
Thought so!
Sorry for some reason i never got a notification for your previous replies. Wait so i get the satisfaction of knowing i helped raise money for a charity and it won’t even cost me anything out of my own pocket? Count me in!
fox1nz
7/12/2018 12:23am
HusqFan3 wrote:
fox1nz wrote:
Thought so!
HusqFan3 wrote:
Sorry for some reason i never got a notification for your previous replies. Wait so i get the satisfaction of knowing i helped raise money for...
Sorry for some reason i never got a notification for your previous replies. Wait so i get the satisfaction of knowing i helped raise money for a charity and it won’t even cost me anything out of my own pocket? Count me in!
Funny how you have to please yourself for charity there bro! I'll chuck it in if I win there big fella.
make1go
7/12/2018 2:51am
make1go wrote:

You "ought" read more. I said he's not any harder on his bike than Marvin is his. Foolish to think that he is.
how would you know?
other than what we both know and others agree,
marv is smoother and eli bullocks,

now tell me which one is likely to be harder on a bike?
pretty well obvious unless you just dont want to admit it or have no idea about bikes and mechanicals.

Post a reply to: Marvs got this Title

The Latest