Marvs got this Title

peelout
7/9/2018 10:22am
kb228 wrote:
OP, what youre saying is elis BIKE cracked under the pressure of marvin? You must be on that krokodil drug
the bike malfunction in the first moto was one thing, how about that stellar performance in moto 2 though?
51xc
7/9/2018 10:46am
I wouldn't mind if marvin wins the championship. I just hate it when it comes down to bike problems rather than who is the better racer. and as of now, marvin got a very very big gift by kawasaki.
7/9/2018 10:54am
Equipment is not as big a factor in MX as in other motorsports, but is a factor nonetheless. If Marvin is better at taking care of his equipment, i.e. not pushing to the limit as much and causing failures or crashes, I don’t see why anyone would be bothered by him having success for that reason. One could argue that if Marvin wins the championship, he did so because he was the better racer because part of being the best is exposing your opponents weaknesses.
kb228
7/9/2018 12:02pm
kb228 wrote:
OP, what youre saying is elis BIKE cracked under the pressure of marvin? You must be on that krokodil drug
peelout wrote:
the bike malfunction in the first moto was one thing, how about that stellar performance in moto 2 though?
I would assume that any pro in a race around 30 C class riders is going to go bad. Thats why anderson got hurt and tracks divide practices into classes

The Shop

7/9/2018 12:10pm
Equipment is not as big a factor in MX as in other motorsports, but is a factor nonetheless. If Marvin is better at taking care of...
Equipment is not as big a factor in MX as in other motorsports, but is a factor nonetheless. If Marvin is better at taking care of his equipment, i.e. not pushing to the limit as much and causing failures or crashes, I don’t see why anyone would be bothered by him having success for that reason. One could argue that if Marvin wins the championship, he did so because he was the better racer because part of being the best is exposing your opponents weaknesses.
Are you seriously trying to make a case for one of the reasons Marvin is winning being that he doesn't ride his equipment as hard? I'm sure that's exactly whats happening. Blink
mt798
7/9/2018 12:25pm
So, who's won the most BONUS MONEY the last couple of years ? I'd say that's the most dominate !
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
7/9/2018 12:28pm
kb228 wrote:
peelout wrote:
kb228 wrote:
I would assume that any pro in a race around 30 C class riders is going to go bad. Thats why anderson got hurt and tracks...
I would assume that any pro in a race around 30 C class riders is going to go bad. Thats why anderson got hurt and tracks divide practices into classes
Are you calling the rest of the 450 pack "C" class riders - really?
I'm really bummed Eli had a bad day but there has to be some part of it within his control.
Juss72
7/9/2018 12:34pm
fox1nz wrote:
With the backing of the Man and last years results from the last half of the season, he has to be the favorite to win this...
With the backing of the Man and last years results from the last half of the season, he has to be the favorite to win this title. Eli cracks under pressure and could do with a person like Decoster to guild him to the title.
Only if ET gives it away. I like Marve, but he clearly is not quite on Tomacs pace. Think about it. He had pretty much nothing up till, ET bike broke.
kb228
7/9/2018 12:45pm
peelout wrote:
kb228 wrote:
I would assume that any pro in a race around 30 C class riders is going to go bad. Thats why anderson got hurt and tracks...
KurtJ99 wrote:
Are you calling the rest of the 450 pack "C" class riders - really? I'm really bummed Eli had a bad day but there has to...
Are you calling the rest of the 450 pack "C" class riders - really?
I'm really bummed Eli had a bad day but there has to be some part of it within his control.
Reletively yeah kindof. All those guys are fast as hell but comparing eli to 20th place isnt even a comparison.
7/9/2018 12:55pm
Equipment is not as big a factor in MX as in other motorsports, but is a factor nonetheless. If Marvin is better at taking care of...
Are you seriously trying to make a case for one of the reasons Marvin is winning being that he doesn't ride his equipment as hard? I'm...
Are you seriously trying to make a case for one of the reasons Marvin is winning being that he doesn't ride his equipment as hard? I'm sure that's exactly whats happening. Blink
Yes that’s my point exactly.

I think it’s been pretty well established that Marvin is one of the more cerebral riders. He finds better, smoother lines more quickly. He avoids unnecessary obstacles which cost energy and momentum. He rarely pushes himself to the brink of destruction because when he does things go wrong for him quickly. He doesn’t seem as comfortable as some others riding on the edge. All of that adds up to him being easier on his equipment.

It’s also been well established that Eli’s riding style is about as polar opposite from Marvins as there can be. And that of course, ends up costing him energy, mistakes and broken bikes.
7/9/2018 1:02pm
Yes that’s my point exactly. I think it’s been pretty well established that Marvin is one of the more cerebral riders. He finds better, smoother lines...

I think it’s been pretty well established that Marvin is one of the more cerebral riders. He finds better, smoother lines more quickly. He avoids unnecessary obstacles which cost energy and momentum. He rarely pushes himself to the brink of destruction because when he does things go wrong for him quickly. He doesn’t seem as comfortable as some others riding on the edge. All of that adds up to him being easier on his equipment.

It’s also been well established that Eli’s riding style is about as polar opposite from Marvins as there can be. And that of course, ends up costing him energy, mistakes and broken bikes.
Marvin is riding (almost) just as fast as Eli and his bike is subject to the same abuse. I guess because Marvin has a smoother style one might think that, but it holds no water. Eli has had one engine related issue on a 450 and to say that it's his fault because he rides it too hard is just plain dumb.
KurtJ99
Fantasy
679th
7/9/2018 1:05pm
Yes that’s my point exactly. I think it’s been pretty well established that Marvin is one of the more cerebral riders. He finds better, smoother lines...

Marvin is riding (almost) just as fast as Eli and his bike is subject to the same abuse. I guess because Marvin has a smoother style...
Marvin is riding (almost) just as fast as Eli and his bike is subject to the same abuse. I guess because Marvin has a smoother style one might think that, but it holds no water. Eli has had one engine related issue on a 450 and to say that it's his fault because he rides it too hard is just plain dumb.
By that logic Barcia's bike should make it about a lap.....
MR. X
7/9/2018 1:07pm
Tomac only gets faster as the season goes on , Marvin better hope he has another gear or is willing to ride his equipment harder to keep up Silly
7/9/2018 1:27pm
I guess it depends on which "Eli" finishes out the season. There's no arguing that he's 100% the best rider on the track...when he's on. Off-Eli is atrocious. The last SX season showed that perfectly: for all his domination, he was not the "first" or even "second" best guy on paper. He was third. Which seems undeserved, but shows that it sometimes pays to be a little more "boring" and reserved on the track if the alternative is tossing everything away.
kiwifan
7/9/2018 1:41pm
I think he might do it too..
ATHEIST
Fantasy
966th
7/9/2018 1:45pm
definitely not a mm25 fan but not a huge et3 either but DO NOT count et3 outEvil
7/9/2018 2:08pm
I agree with the OP, at this point Marv is the favourite for the title IMO. From this point on in the season a year ago Tomac only beat Marv in one moto. Millville should be a good track for Tomac but if it's anything like last year he will probably not be able to beat Marv. Washougal and Unadilla are both tracks Marvin is great at as well.

Don't get me wrong Tomac could come out swinging like he did at Hangtown and go on another tear but history shows he will probably have another moto like the second one this past weekend where he gives up 10+ points.
7/9/2018 2:24pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
I agree but it’s a Yamaha.
fox1nz
7/9/2018 2:55pm
51xc wrote:
I wouldn't mind if marvin wins the championship. I just hate it when it comes down to bike problems rather than who is the better racer...
I wouldn't mind if marvin wins the championship. I just hate it when it comes down to bike problems rather than who is the better racer. and as of now, marvin got a very very big gift by kawasaki.
That's why you need someone like Decoster, how many times have you seen his bikes fail? Kawazaki seem to have wierd things go wrong.
GODZILLA
7/9/2018 3:44pm
Remember Ironman '15?
Sh** happens.

downard254
7/9/2018 4:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
So far... Marv's 4 worst Motos: 16, 18, 18, 20 Eli's 4 worst Motos: 0, 12, 20, 22 Or, to make it even easier to see...
So far...

Marv's 4 worst Motos: 16, 18, 18, 20

Eli's 4 worst Motos: 0, 12, 20, 22

Or, to make it even easier to see...

Marv's worst day: 36 points.

Eli's wrist day: 12 points.

Historically and Statistically, when things go bad for Eli...they get REALLY bad. I'm thinking he's gonna break that trend. At the same time, Marvin has picked up the pace and he's historically/statistically faster in the 2nd half of the season.

What I really want? Marv, Eli, Justin, Kenny, Blake ALL racing for wins. I'd like to see Benny up there some more, too. I want Jason ans Deano back...ASAP. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Coop "found his speed", again, either.

Here's to a fast, surprising and safe season.
Oh I like the way TeamGreen thinks. Let’s have a beer and enjoy the show buddy!
resetjet
7/9/2018 4:24pm
As long as tomac doesnt tomac hes got it.
kakarot
7/9/2018 4:31pm
GODZILLA wrote:
Remember Ironman '15? Sh** happens. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/09/273717/s1200_IMG_0665.jpg[/img]
Remember Ironman '15?
Sh** happens.

Yep ,lost the title right there.
cbuehler767
7/9/2018 4:37pm
As long as we are making pointless references to last season Bagget was hanging with Eli still at this point last season. Why is that important? Its not much like weather Marv was faster at this point last season. Eli jus has another gear than Moose always has but he's on point this season. Yes the sky is falling he had one bad moto
ctbale
7/9/2018 4:48pm
KurtJ99 wrote:
I agree but it’s a Yamaha.
The Yamahas don't break like the kawis or Honda's, but if you look at web and barcis's bikes, they sure look like they are dancing around more.

Moosecan is gonna hurt his wrist and ET will mentally unravel,. KR94 or JB51 will win the Title.
7/9/2018 4:54pm
I am happy to see a close title fight again and it is not because a rider got hurt.
tkimb
7/9/2018 5:27pm
It'll be interesting for about this week, then Tomac will go 1-1 at the next 2 rounds.

Post a reply to: Marvs got this Title

The Latest