Marv's cross jump at Redbud

TeamGreen
7/11/2018 10:55am
Donovan759 wrote:
yore both morans. hows that four inglishing good.
Juss72 wrote:
Did that go over your head?
Donovan759 wrote:
Dry yeah, no for sure.
Is someone being called an idiot, too?

My ingrish ain't too good.
peelout
7/11/2018 10:57am
Donovan759 wrote:
yore both morans. hows that four inglishing good.
Juss72 wrote:
Did that go over your head?
Donovan759 wrote:
Dry yeah, no for sure.
super pumped you brought out the yeah no for sure, not really pumped or anything just think it's kinda neato
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
7/11/2018 11:10am
I skipped the last 3 pages but it was an accident. If you have not gone at least B speed and raced at least 20 times then you don't know sheet. Ruts, preload, adrenaline, deflection etc. Major cross jumping going on with every single fast rider every race. It's not a perfect science. Even MC has bounced across the track both directions hundreds of times. If you think you have not, you would be wrong. Like Marvin wants to crash out like that. Man this is racing dirt bikes friends. It will always happen and hardly ever will be on purpose.
7/11/2018 12:41pm
After watching the gif on page 2, it looks like musquin intentionally cross jumped Roczen. He has a reputation for doing it. That was no accident. You can see his right elbow rise up to turn left. Anyone who thinks cross jumping is ok has never been cross jumped.

The Shop

kakarot
7/11/2018 5:30pm
jemcee wrote:
How about YOU ask Eli Tomac, Cooper Webb, Justin Barcia, etc what they think of his cross jumping.. Cause the only peep from anyone I've heard...
How about YOU ask Eli Tomac, Cooper Webb, Justin Barcia, etc what they think of his cross jumping.. Cause the only peep from anyone I've heard was from Webb 3 years ago after Washougal.. (but then said doing it was just racing this year which was confusing)

I could be mistaken so I'll wait for the many examples I'm obviously missing
Just watched this race ,Webb wasn't close enough to be cross jumped in moto 1, at least on camera,haven't watched 2nd moto yet Marvin did chop his line on a corner exit sending Webb off the track. I think this was the origin of the cross jumping Marvin accusations.Maybe it's a case of repeating something so much it becomes fact.

As for last week not intentional.
7/11/2018 6:10pm
After watching the gif on page 2, it looks like musquin intentionally cross jumped Roczen. He has a reputation for doing it. That was no accident...
After watching the gif on page 2, it looks like musquin intentionally cross jumped Roczen. He has a reputation for doing it. That was no accident. You can see his right elbow rise up to turn left. Anyone who thinks cross jumping is ok has never been cross jumped.
Definitely was not intentional. He barely landed on the track. The GIF does not show it well but there was another angle on the broadcast.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
7/11/2018 8:11pm
Jrewing wrote:
Can see why he's not the most popular. The guy is nice as pie but once racing just does stupid shit, granted unintentionally, and nearly breaks...
Can see why he's not the most popular. The guy is nice as pie but once racing just does stupid shit, granted unintentionally, and nearly breaks Ken's arms again. That was a nasty cross jump.
Such a stupid troll thread. Some no name newb just tying to stir sh-t for no reason. You need to watch the vid of Canard Stewart and the cross jumping and “riding all over the track” that was going on. It’s called racing, goofball. Musquin was setting up for the inside of the next corner, Roczen wasn’t even in the air yet. Stupid
kxf250f176
Fantasy
1232nd
7/11/2018 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 8:25pm
You're special if you think Marv did that on purpose in that moment. But I think we learned something about the track watching this. In the corner, Marv did not know Kroc was there because Ken was behind and actually was almost a tire behind.
ledger
7/11/2018 9:08pm
Quick thinking by Roczen keeps him out of the hospital, and that is fact.
7/11/2018 10:07pm Edited Date/Time 7/11/2018 10:09pm
IDG why people get so weird and obsessive about Marv. Just admit you don't like the guy. There's no need to concoct wild conspiracy theories and nitpick his riding while giving riders who do the exact same things a pass. We all have "that guy" who we kinda irrationally don't like/want to punch in the face. It's perfectly normal. The level of obsession seen on this site...not so much.
Juss72
7/11/2018 10:12pm
IDG why people get so weird and obsessive about Marv. Just admit you don't like the guy. There's no need to concoct wild conspiracy theories and...
IDG why people get so weird and obsessive about Marv. Just admit you don't like the guy. There's no need to concoct wild conspiracy theories and nitpick his riding while giving riders who do the exact same things a pass. We all have "that guy" who we kinda irrationally don't like/want to punch in the face. It's perfectly normal. The level of obsession seen on this site...not so much.
Umm no, can't think of one rider I want to punch in the face
7/11/2018 10:28pm
IDG why people get so weird and obsessive about Marv. Just admit you don't like the guy. There's no need to concoct wild conspiracy theories and...
Juss72 wrote:
Umm no, can't think of one rider I want to punch in the face
I don't want to, either. Just saying most people have a rider they don't like. Seems to be Marvin for lots. IDG why everyone is so obsessed with finding weird nitpicky reasons to hate him.
7/11/2018 11:23pm
Bottom line is that you’re supposed to hold your line when jumping in motocross and Supercross . Combine this with the T-bone of Eli in Foxboro and some fans hate the guy. And we must remind everyone how the French fans flipped out when barcia had a run in with a French rider at Bercy.

None of this is would be going on had he not t-boned Eli at Foxboro, he did it to himself. PERIOD!

Btw, check your history, the French got us into Vietnam. Ya....check it bro’s!
TeamGreen
7/11/2018 11:26pm
Wait, Marvin T-Boned Eli at a SX?
So, Marvin ran in to Eli...straight at him and T-Boned him...ON PURPOSE...anyone got the B-Roll on that?
Ted722
7/12/2018 5:32am
ledger wrote:
Quick thinking by Roczen keeps him out of the hospital, and that is fact.
And common. Many a racer, every weekend, on moto tracks around the world face this quick thinking decision.
7/12/2018 5:36am
burn1986 wrote:
Such a stupid troll thread. Some no name newb just tying to stir sh-t for no reason. You need to watch the vid of Canard Stewart...
Such a stupid troll thread. Some no name newb just tying to stir sh-t for no reason. You need to watch the vid of Canard Stewart and the cross jumping and “riding all over the track” that was going on. It’s called racing, goofball. Musquin was setting up for the inside of the next corner, Roczen wasn’t even in the air yet. Stupid
Calling someone stupid, but couldn't be any more wrong on what happened. Oh, the irony.
WCRider
Fantasy
2301st
7/12/2018 7:15am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 7:15am
Mode hate on.

I donk like him but i respect the rider. Too soporific guy, i dont like his riding "open legs" style and his cross jumping, not very beautiful to watch imo. I dont like his Girlfriend, she is so cliche and to finish, i hate his cheated team, i hate KTM.

Mode hate off.
7/12/2018 10:02am
Well Bob that is great and all but we're talking about motocross here. Did they recently add jumps, bumps and ruts to road racing?
BobPA wrote:
Facepalm bros. Can you not see riders go from outside to inside, or vice versa all the time? Watch the pros during practice/qualifying and see how...
Facepalm bros. Can you not see riders go from outside to inside, or vice versa all the time? Watch the pros during practice/qualifying and see how much of the track they use when qualifying. You Einstein’s are making it sound like they have to stay in the middle of the track at all times.

The original post I quoted mention that the fastest distance between two points is a straight line. If that were the case (for Moto), why aren’t the pros Sponge Bobbing (squaring up) every turn. Why aren’t they hitting every jump exactly perpendicular? Apex’s are key is all I am getting at.
You're right they do utilize the whole track when available, but there is a way to ride when you're in a pack of multiple riders and it isn't riding like you're the only one on the track.

I highly doubt road racers swoop all over the track the way they want when they are in a large pack of other riders.
MX-LIFE.
7/12/2018 10:39am
TerryB wrote:
Stew cross jumped everyone for years and nobody said a word. Now Marv is The Devil.

Not true! Stewart is probably the most hated guy talked about on Vital and he has been and is still being shitted on by Vital members just for being Stewart ,for everything from running his forks to stiff to not riding with fingers on the clutch! LMAO! LoL so in my opinion JS7 is still winning! Marvin needs a serious brake check!
7/12/2018 1:33pm
Reading everyones responses here it is easy to see who the experienced racers are and who is not. Marv is fast, but cross jumping is a spode move. He’ll get what’s coming to him. Guys that race like that where I come from always get paid back.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/12/2018 1:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2018 1:47pm
rob mx wrote:
fuk that french bastard
You're about one more good post away from vacationing on the sidelines.

On second thought...now sounds good.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
7/12/2018 1:45pm
Reading everyones responses here it is easy to see who the experienced racers are and who is not. Marv is fast, but cross jumping is a...
Reading everyones responses here it is easy to see who the experienced racers are and who is not. Marv is fast, but cross jumping is a spode move. He’ll get what’s coming to him. Guys that race like that where I come from always get paid back.
People in Georgia must be really tough *yawn*
dean122
7/12/2018 1:51pm
Reading everyones responses here it is easy to see who the experienced racers are and who is not. Marv is fast, but cross jumping is a...
There's 2 things we all know for sure. You don't race and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Post a reply to: Marv's cross jump at Redbud

The Latest