Marvin’s gift to Eli

Related:
Create New Tag

5/6/2018 11:01 AM

Looked like Marvin had everything that was needed for the win last night and was comfortably setting up Eli for a late race pass. I think he decided to back it down and give a little gift to the guy that felt he got a little dirty on the last encounter. Maybe he felt it wasn’t worth the extra $$$ to have to listen to the shitfaced hillbillies ( no offense Hillbilly...you really are my favorite on here) if he schooled their wonderboy

|

5/6/2018 11:03 AM

Yeah I’m sure that’s what happened.

|

5/6/2018 11:04 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 11:04 AM

What I saw was him get hung up on a few lappers that dropped him back a few seconds on that lap alone and he wasnt able to get close enough again after that.

|

5/6/2018 11:05 AM

No, hes a racer.

|

5/6/2018 11:06 AM

Taking the term vitard to a whole new level here. Still drunk from last night?

|

5/6/2018 11:06 AM

Yeah, he got screwed by the lappers, after that he was done. Seemed to be able to close up if he dropped off, but once it went to 2.5 secs in 2 turns, it was over.

|

5/6/2018 11:07 AM

jorgechavez wrote:

Taking the term vitard to a whole new level here. Still drunk from last night?

I don’t drink

|

5/6/2018 11:10 AM

Man .... my sister had a party yesterday and i got shitfaced! Came home to watch the race and passed out ... woke up at 2am to check results .... all is well haha

|

5/6/2018 11:12 AM

Seriously some people on here are absolute morons.

That line Eli took doubling over the last ski jump out of the sand section was about the craziest stupid fast thing I’ve seen since James Stewart’s prime. To think MM let him have it is about the most absurd thing I’ve read on here in a while.

|

5/6/2018 11:14 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Man .... my sister had a party yesterday and i got shitfaced! Came home to watch the race and passed out ... woke up at 2am to check results .... all is well haha

It had potential but was kinda blah. All 3 champions understandly put in cautious point saving rides.
The 250’s put on a pretty good show and the 450’s race was good until Marvin gave up with a few laps to go

|

5/6/2018 11:17 AM

Trolling.

|

5/6/2018 11:18 AM

Huevos wrote:

That line Eli took doubling over the last ski jump out of the sand section was about the craziest stupid fast thing I’ve seen since James Stewart’s prime. To think MM let him have it is about the most absurd thing I’ve read on here in a while.

That’s bullshit. Marvin was playing with him and could have set him up for a pass if he wasn’t concerned about the backlash of aggressive riding. I don’t know about you but I’ve been watching this shit since the 70’s and I can see when a rider is biding his time and looking for opportunities to make a move. Eli was all over the place to hold the lead and Marvin was back there riding wheelies and having fun. Licking his chops at the thought of the upcoming nationals. Eli’s pace was not unbeatable last night.

|

5/6/2018 11:19 AM

eGGz wrote:

Trolling.

Just bench racing....not looking for a fight

|

5/6/2018 11:19 AM

Well clearly he couldn't pass him clean so he stayed in second. Can't T-bone the faster guy every race or you risk injuring yourself and/or getting penalized.

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

5/6/2018 11:20 AM

It pays to be a whiner

|

5/6/2018 12:00 PM

Umm, yeah....No

|

5/6/2018 12:15 PM

Huevos wrote:

KennyT wrote:

That’s bullshit. Marvin was playing with him and could have set him up for a pass if he wasn’t concerned about the backlash of aggressive riding. I don’t know about you but I’ve been watching this shit since the 70’s and I can see when a rider is biding his time and looking for opportunities to make a move. Eli was all over the place to hold the lead and Marvin was back there riding wheelies and having fun. Licking his chops at the thought of the upcoming nationals. Eli’s pace was not unbeatable last night.

He was playing with him, and gave him the win. Right, I'm sure that's what he told Roger. Marvin should have worn his pussy cat gear to intimidate the competition.
Tomacs pace was unbeatable and scary fast that's why he won. Marvin gave it to him the same way Duran gave it to Leonard. No Mas.

|

5/6/2018 12:22 PM

KennyT wrote:

So you're saying that Musquin's racecraft is so poor that he didn't ride for maximum points from the outset even though he was in a points where every single point was critical? That he knowingly gave up 3 points without knowing exactly where Anderson was going to finish but knowing that he was out of the top 5? I can't tell if you are being serious or not.......

|

5/6/2018 12:28 PM

Marvin had to do the crazy jump out of the sand section. Marvin wins that race if he goes for it, he was faster than Tomac on the rest of the track. Credit to Tomac for doing it though...

But i'm just glad they are going into the real racing relatively healthy, the outdoors.

|

5/6/2018 12:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/6/2018 12:33 PM

Huevos wrote:

KennyT wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:

So you're saying that Musquin's racecraft is so poor that he didn't ride for maximum points from the outset even though he was in a points where every single point was critical? That he knowingly gave up 3 points without knowing exactly where Anderson was going to finish but knowing that he was out of the top 5? I can't tell if you are being serious or not.......

You don’t think he knew exactly where Anderson was? He could not only see it on the track he could see it on the pit board.

After the shitstorm he received when he made a great racing pass on Eli a few weeks ago I can definitely see he was hesitant to show any form of aggression on making a pass, and we all know it takes extemely aggressive moves to makes passes between two fairly equal riders. If he made a completely clean block pass on Eli last night he would have been bombarded with beer and the boos would have been deafening.

Anyway it was a superb display of riding by two very talented riders. I love watching them on the Vegas track

|

5/6/2018 12:35 PM

To much booing!

|

5/6/2018 12:37 PM

Hcallz5 wrote:

Well clearly he couldn't pass him clean so he stayed in second. Can't T-bone the faster guy every race or you risk injuring yourself and/or getting penalized.

You cry as mush as Eli.

|

Tomac and/or Anderson for 2020.....

5/6/2018 12:38 PM

Yeah, and he lost a championship to Anderson because he thinks he`s kinda nice guy.

|

5/6/2018 12:55 PM

He gave Eli the win?? Thats laughable!!
I can think of 100k reasons why he didnt..
Lappers did him and he wasnt quick enough to reel Eli in.. simple..
They both had a bit of speed in reserve..
Thats racing..

|

5/6/2018 1:15 PM

OR..... Eli was playing to moose-can and wanting him to try to make a pass so that Eli could smoke him in a corner and really ruin his night. Perception is everything

|

5/6/2018 1:16 PM

Come hang town you will see whom is clearly faster and it then we should see what’s posted afterwards as tomac will run him down just like he did last year imo

|

5/6/2018 1:27 PM

Such a great race to watch in person...musquin was very smooth , however, only way musquin wins is with a Tomac mistake. lappers didnt ruin anything for him...

|

5/6/2018 1:27 PM

Tomac had to get past the same lappers. I'm surprised Marvin didn't torpedo their front wheels. It's for the win.
Fact is Marvins best lap was still half second off Tomac.

|

5/6/2018 1:32 PM

Don't know about any gifts, but Marvin hung in there nicely. Eli was on it from what I saw.

|

5/6/2018 1:42 PM

Has nascar ever had a French driver win? If we think sx “bros” are bad I would love to hear that crowd. ricky Bobby style.

|

why does Kermit's fingers always smell like pork?