Marvin switching it up for Daytona.

just James
2/23/2018 7:13pm
I honestly don't understand why one of the top riders doesn't do this for a race, late in the series, if they are out of contention for the championship. I have a feeling that the spectators would really enjoy it, and it would probably get as much attention as the winner of the event.
BTW, I would be willing to bet that "The Man" still remembers how to tune one to run right proper.
mxb2
2/23/2018 7:18pm
just James wrote:
I honestly don't understand why one of the top riders doesn't do this for a race, late in the series, if they are out of contention...
I honestly don't understand why one of the top riders doesn't do this for a race, late in the series, if they are out of contention for the championship. I have a feeling that the spectators would really enjoy it, and it would probably get as much attention as the winner of the event.
BTW, I would be willing to bet that "The Man" still remembers how to tune one to run right proper.
Because most top contenders still have a chance of an overall win at that race. . More $$,. Less money finishing 10-15th place.
Asimo
2/23/2018 8:09pm
Reed. Dude is barely making mains anyway.
mxb2
2/23/2018 8:12pm
Asimo wrote:
Reed. Dude is barely making mains anyway.
He wdnt qualify on a 250 2 stroke for the main.

The Shop

GangGreen
2/24/2018 5:45am
deluxeman wrote:
Two strokes aren’t gone because they aren’t great bikes. They are gone because they are too dirty and unreliable. That and Honda is a 4 stroke...
Two strokes aren’t gone because they aren’t great bikes. They are gone because they are too dirty
and unreliable. That and Honda is a 4 stroke company. As Honda goes, so goes the industry.

I love two strokes, I wish MotoGP was still 2 strokes, I wish SX/MX at least had a class for 2 strokes, but until people start buying them in larger numbers they will remain a fringe niche in a fringe sport.
Deluxeman, your statement is so incorrect. The only reason 4 strokes are racing is because they were giving a double displacement advantage. If MX Sports\FELD\AMA got rid of the ridiculously outdated "Double Displacement Rule" in Professional Racing, you'd see two strokes again. The "Double Displacement Rule" should have been constantly revised as four-stroke development occurred. The AMA openly states that it's DMG/ MX Sports that keeps the "Supplemental Rule" in Professional Racing and that the Racing Classes are STILL 125cc and 250cc.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
2/24/2018 8:29am
The engines do not have internals in the display bikes.
davis224
Fantasy
165th
2/24/2018 8:58am
A few years ago I saw a 250f in a Walmart just like that, but it had Roczen's #70 on the front, and Musquin's #38 on the sideplates.

Post a reply to: Marvin switching it up for Daytona.

The Latest