Marvin’s Excuses

Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 8:30am
Did anyone see how last night on the podium he is still dealing with lingering knee issues. However the past couple weeks he said the knee is fine and he is back to 100%. All about the excuses when he gets straight up beat. At least Kenny said he struggled with that last turn and whoops even though I’m sure he is super pissed off right now.
|
HD1200
2/17/2019 8:07am
Someone should call him a Wambulance

The Shop

150ripper
2/17/2019 8:09am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 8:10am
This is a weird thread. Who cares?

People always complain about forced positivity and the rattling off of sponsors, but as soon as a guy says anything else he's making excuses and being whiny?
nc97
2/17/2019 8:16am
He sure doesn’t want to give his team props for having 2 bikes on the podium,
B Gotti
Fantasy
4184th
2/17/2019 8:17am
Franky will blame JS7 somehow.
2/17/2019 8:18am
The amount of disrespect some of you show towards these riders never ceases to amaze me. Say what you want about them, tomorrow they will be out there training to try and make improvements, and you'll be stopping by McDonald's to get a Big Mac. The dedication they put into their craft should always carry with it, the respect of others.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/17/2019 8:27am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 8:29am
Might as well add Roczen to the conversation then.

Said something along the lines of "I went too far in the corner and the dirt was soft and lost traction..." but no excuses.

He knew Webb was close, so why not protect the inside?
Johnny Ringo
2/17/2019 8:32am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Might as well add Roczen to the conversation then. Said something along the lines of "I went too far in the corner and the dirt was...

Said something along the lines of "I went too far in the corner and the dirt was soft and lost traction..." but no excuses.

There’s a difference between explaining why you got passed vs telling everyone my knee hurts and that’s why I got dropped
newmann
2/17/2019 8:42am
Funny how so many here swing on the nuts of one yet bag on another. Comical
foreman52
Fantasy
3178th
2/17/2019 8:44am
Marv literally said in his speech "still trying to get there 100% physically, but no excuses those guys rode really well". Some of you guys on here are ridiculous. I'm not even a Marv fan but you got to be kidding me. F U.
Nuffsaid
2/17/2019 8:46am
He couldn’t even make the French MXoN team
kb228
2/17/2019 8:58am
Thats who marvin is... makes excuses and tries to lie about shit. This isnt the first time.
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
2/17/2019 9:09am
Maybe he actually isn’t 100% and his knee is bothering him again.
HD1200
2/17/2019 9:10am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 9:14am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Might as well add Roczen to the conversation then. Said something along the lines of "I went too far in the corner and the dirt was...

Yep call him a Wambulance too! Haha!
Just FYI, I didn't have a problem with either one of their reasons as to why the under performed. I was just making a funny Tongue
2/17/2019 9:20am
T-Fish wrote:
Maybe he actually isn’t 100% and his knee is bothering him again.
Very well could be but because of his past I think a lot of people just assume he's making excuses. Budds Creek last year something was clearly up with him but according to him he was fine right until he got waxed in the motos and then revealed he had an issue.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
2/17/2019 9:20am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

There’s a difference between explaining why you got passed vs telling everyone my knee hurts and that’s why I got dropped
And there's a difference in stating your knee is still not 100% and saying you got beat because your knee is not 100%.

It's all how you interpret things. Same subject matter, two different meanings.
BobPA
2/17/2019 9:26am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2019 9:26am
kb228 wrote:
Thats who marvin is... makes excuses and tries to lie about shit. This isnt the first time.
If he were on a green bike you’d have built a swing set off his bean bag already....
2/17/2019 9:44am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not meaning to support his excuse, but did you notice how people were sliding out all night, lime must be pretty tacky?
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
2/17/2019 9:48am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not meaning to support his excuse, but did you notice how people were sliding out all night, lime must be pretty tacky?
I thought the same, he should have protected the inside.

However, after they replayed it I noticed all those huge ruts in the turn. In fact, they both rode across the ruts to turn. Roczen rode the edge of one to get to the finish.

If that was a smooth bowl turn maybe he could have dove way more inside?
MotoMo165
2/17/2019 9:54am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

Ramrod wrote:
I thought the same, he should have protected the inside. However, after they replayed it I noticed all those huge ruts in the turn. In fact...
I thought the same, he should have protected the inside.

However, after they replayed it I noticed all those huge ruts in the turn. In fact, they both rode across the ruts to turn. Roczen rode the edge of one to get to the finish.

If that was a smooth bowl turn maybe he could have dove way more inside?
No lime was added this year that’s why it was so rutty. Track is slippery to begin with, would have been way more hard pack with lime in it
toroP
2/17/2019 10:21am
In the pc, Marvin stated clearly that he was slower. Honest, direct.
newmann
2/17/2019 10:22am
And all the people bagging on Bowers for taking aim at the take out king “ Bam Bam” yet had no issue with the 100% pussy ass move Grant drove in on Alessi one week after knee surgery. Tony told Grant that the Karma Gods were coming after him...just sayin’
150ripper
2/17/2019 10:54am
If you've ever had a meniscus injury you'd know how fickle the recovery process can be. I was fine for a month and a half after surgery and then one day took a single awkward step while rounding the corner on a grocery aisle and re-injured it. Now I can pretty much only walk in a straight line with that leg as any twisting of the knee in a certain direction feels like someones jamming a knife into my knee joint. With how easy it is to lose traction and dab a foot coming into and exiting turns on the east coast I'd be riding really conservatively if I were Marv.
Phantom 661
2/17/2019 11:57am
I remember when Kenny used the "I have a cold" excuse on many occasions back in the 250 days. He broke that habit.
plowboy
2/17/2019 12:29pm
150ripper wrote:
If you've ever had a meniscus injury you'd know how fickle the recovery process can be. I was fine for a month and a half after...
If you've ever had a meniscus injury you'd know how fickle the recovery process can be. I was fine for a month and a half after surgery and then one day took a single awkward step while rounding the corner on a grocery aisle and re-injured it. Now I can pretty much only walk in a straight line with that leg as any twisting of the knee in a certain direction feels like someones jamming a knife into my knee joint. With how easy it is to lose traction and dab a foot coming into and exiting turns on the east coast I'd be riding really conservatively if I were Marv.
8th grade football...got my my leg folded sideways. Knee swollen like a cantelope. Doc unscrewed a needle off the syringe and said, "I'm gonna poke this in there...if it's clear fluid you'll be fine...if it's blood, different story". Needless to say, blood covered his face and ceiling. It has never "hurt" but 40 years later it still just unexpectedly gives out like it's not even connected. Pretty embarrassing to collapse while walking down the street. But at 60 people now think it's age related instead of being drunk.
Turbojez
2/17/2019 12:38pm
Would you prefer: "Guys in front of me were faster" from Marv, and "They were all slower" from Webb?
And hear a re-run of it with maybe different riders speaking the same stuff every weekend?
Like WTF do you expect to hear from those guys?
I dare you internet tough guy mfers to say shit like that to another man, face to face or to try and insinuate that they make excuses.
What happened to respect these days? Damn.

Post a reply to: Marvin’s Excuses

The Latest