Marvin and the booing crowd at salt lake

4/30/2018 12:47pm
gnarwhip wrote:
The funny thing is Marvin just made career long enemies with Tomac, and he has never even beaten Tomac straight up. Never once passed him cleanly...
The funny thing is Marvin just made career long enemies with Tomac, and he has never even beaten Tomac straight up. Never once passed him cleanly and pulled away. Cool move, Marv lol. Not smart.
He has beat him heaps of times what have you been watching?
newmann wrote:
It's not straight up when Eli is always crashing himself out.

And I'm a Tomac fan. Musquin fan too.

He beat him heaps of times without tomac going down, indoors and outdoor.
ob
4/30/2018 12:56pm
I wish Marv would make that pass on Tomac again.
peelout
4/30/2018 12:57pm
peelout wrote:
here's my take... there were a couple monster shirt and hat wearing heroes right behind us and the one dude was boo'ing pretty hard on the...
here's my take...

there were a couple monster shirt and hat wearing heroes right behind us and the one dude was boo'ing pretty hard on the opening ceremony. other kid goes "why is everyone booing him?" and Master Booer goes "i'm booing because he broke my guy's throttle tube last race" and Apprentice Boouche goes "oh, what a douche" and proceeds to boo and then boo's when Marvin comes by with a 10 second lead and then boos again when he does the heel-clicker at the finish. they also lost their minds every time Tomac passed anyone.

also, dude lost his fucking mind when Tomac wrecked, started yelling "fuck Bagget piece of shit" and then they showed it on the big screen and there was no contact made and they still booed him when he came by. then when Tomac passed him later in the race, Master Booer yells out "yeah thats what you get you dirty prick"

me and my family were all wearing TLD/GoPro/KTM hats (because Pierce Brown) and i kind of feel like Master Booer and Apprentice Boouche rained a little harder bacause of it.

oh well, glad Marvin kicked some serious ass. loved seeing all the salt.
KYFHO699 wrote:
Sounds like you were sitting in the asshole section! Crap like that can totally ruin the day when you're trying to enjoy the races. Was the...
Sounds like you were sitting in the asshole section! Crap like that can totally ruin the day when you're trying to enjoy the races. Was the Master Booer drunk? Sounds like a real winner.
Master and Apprentice seemed a little young to be drunk, but being SLC and supercross i wouldn't put anything past them. they were probably snorting condoms and eating Tide-pods before the show started
Racer111
4/30/2018 2:55pm
level wrote:
I watched the pass over and over and Marvin jumped into the corner tried to cut and take an inside line but Eli totally went high...
I watched the pass over and over and Marvin jumped into the corner tried to cut and take an inside line but Eli totally went high and cut down. If Eli would of rode the berm high instead of cutting down there would of been little to no contact.
I notice Eli does that a lot he doesn’t ride the rut in the berm he cuts down and rides over the rut probably to save time.
The more I look the less I think it was dirty.
You’re a new level of stupid! Like, super awesome kind of stupid. He’s IN the rut that he entered the corner in.

The Shop

4/30/2018 2:59pm
was Alessi justified then for standing on Tedesco's bike? Hey it was for the championship. I would've done it too for a quarter million dollars in bonuses.
4/30/2018 3:28pm
The "enemy" was made when Webb decided to cross the track like a mad man to win a heat race. It was also made when Wilson decided the way he was gonna race for that title. Not saying Tomac's shit don't stink but a lot of people seem to bring up situations where he is merely settling the score and act as if he did it out of nowhere. Is it a bit childish? Yeah but that's just how the world works, people get even.
mwssquad827
4/30/2018 6:43pm
newmann wrote:
A large portion of the fans wouldn't know the first thing about changing an air filter in a dirt bike. An even larger portion of them...
A large portion of the fans wouldn't know the first thing about changing an air filter in a dirt bike. An even larger portion of them are stupid. What would they know about going for a win or Eli leaving the door wide open?
Really??
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
4/30/2018 7:49pm
So all you guys that love the move Marvin made on Eli, how do you feel about Jacob Hayes in AX taking out Blose? He's racing for a title and $$. Are you cool if Blose returns the favor for the title and $$? How much checkers or wreckers is too much?
4/30/2018 7:57pm
Sideways wrote:
Marvin said in an interview after the race that it was a hard night with the crowd and especially at the opening ceremonies. Was everyone booing...
Marvin said in an interview after the race that it was a hard night with the crowd and especially at the opening ceremonies. Was everyone booing him or did something else happen? Anyone have a vid?

I dont get why people are SO angry at him for the pass on tomac, we see agressive and dirty passes all the time in this sport. Are people extra angry because hes not american? I see ALOT of people on Instagram calling him a french f*g etc etc.
peelout wrote:
here's my take... there were a couple monster shirt and hat wearing heroes right behind us and the one dude was boo'ing pretty hard on the...
here's my take...

there were a couple monster shirt and hat wearing heroes right behind us and the one dude was boo'ing pretty hard on the opening ceremony. other kid goes "why is everyone booing him?" and Master Booer goes "i'm booing because he broke my guy's throttle tube last race" and Apprentice Boouche goes "oh, what a douche" and proceeds to boo and then boo's when Marvin comes by with a 10 second lead and then boos again when he does the heel-clicker at the finish. they also lost their minds every time Tomac passed anyone.

also, dude lost his fucking mind when Tomac wrecked, started yelling "fuck Bagget piece of shit" and then they showed it on the big screen and there was no contact made and they still booed him when he came by. then when Tomac passed him later in the race, Master Booer yells out "yeah thats what you get you dirty prick"

me and my family were all wearing TLD/GoPro/KTM hats (because Pierce Brown) and i kind of feel like Master Booer and Apprentice Boouche rained a little harder bacause of it.

oh well, glad Marvin kicked some serious ass. loved seeing all the salt.
Lol damn. You should have been at Honda center when JDS knocked out Cain Velasquez in the first round. I was going for both of them until I saw the disrespect torwards JDS in the intro. I loved seeing the families reaction that drove all the way down for San Jose lol
APLMAN99
4/30/2018 8:06pm
Marv should have owned it, but give him some slack, he struggles with English as it is. His podium speeches go forever but he just says...
Marv should have owned it, but give him some slack, he struggles with English as it is. His podium speeches go forever but he just says the same thing 3 or 4 times over, that's because he is not sure he got it out properly the first time. I gotta hand it to him for trying though, if I was in France trying to talk to someone I would be like bonjour wee champagne...That's all I got, for him trying to explain the situation in English was probably out of his league.
6+ years of being a resident in the US for most of the year is a long time for learning the language.......

Not saying that the pass was clean or dirty, but any language issues would be pretty much self inflicted at this point.
TXDirt
4/30/2018 8:14pm
I agree. I would also take it a step further. I hate it when people say “in that situation the pass was okay. It was for the win. It was last lap. It was for 100k.”

That drives me crazy. If it’s okay on the last lap of a race then it should also be acceptable on the first lap of a qualifier. You can debate if that’s smart to do, but an acceptable pass should apply regardless of situation.

For me the pass was fine. It’s racing.

I go back to the Osborne over Joey pass. Last lap, last corner, for the championship.

That pass was fine and should also be perfectly fine on the first lap of the first race.
FRANK121
5/1/2018 6:12am Edited Date/Time 5/1/2018 6:24am
Marv used that line so many times just like he said, I mean, look at that berm there? ...... It was a TAKE OUT! plain and simple. Time for PAY BACK!

And looking closer ....Marv has his clutch fully pulled in, standing up off the seat getting ready for impact! He knew EXACTLY what He was was doing! ....... C'Mon Eli don't let us down, take ole fenchie out at the final!

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
5/1/2018 7:08am
FRANK121 wrote:
Marv used that line so many times just like he said, I mean, look at that berm there? ...... It was a TAKE OUT! plain and...
Marv used that line so many times just like he said, I mean, look at that berm there? ...... It was a TAKE OUT! plain and simple. Time for PAY BACK!

And looking closer ....Marv has his clutch fully pulled in, standing up off the seat getting ready for impact! He knew EXACTLY what He was was doing! ....... C'Mon Eli don't let us down, take ole fenchie out at the final!

Calm down Frankie
crf250pilot
5/1/2018 7:20am
Marv should have owned it, but give him some slack, he struggles with English as it is. His podium speeches go forever but he just says...
Marv should have owned it, but give him some slack, he struggles with English as it is. His podium speeches go forever but he just says the same thing 3 or 4 times over, that's because he is not sure he got it out properly the first time. I gotta hand it to him for trying though, if I was in France trying to talk to someone I would be like bonjour wee champagne...That's all I got, for him trying to explain the situation in English was probably out of his league.
Actually i think its Wee Wee.
FRANK121
5/1/2018 7:26am
It's not like he lives in Florida or anything, I mean it is just an accent?
TogaSet
Fantasy
3894th
5/1/2018 11:39pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2018 11:42pm
All this Marvin bashing. I liked him already now I like him even more for cleaning out the Mac for the win, a 100K and the record books. Wolf in sheep’s clothing. If you’ve watched him closely over the years he is quietly aggressive especially when’s hes leading the race and gets passed.
Doddy
5/2/2018 12:31am Edited Date/Time 5/2/2018 12:32am
While I do agree that some take it too far, I don't see an issue with fans booing....generally. We love the bad guy vs good guy, American vs Frenchy, Kiwi vs KTM, skirts vs yoga pants, Seahawks vs Patriots, and other rivalries. Throwing trash at the riders is bull though. I also think some of you need to tighten your purse straps a little Wink
5/2/2018 1:32am
TogaSet wrote:
All this Marvin bashing. I liked him already now I like him even more for cleaning out the Mac for the win, a 100K and the...
All this Marvin bashing. I liked him already now I like him even more for cleaning out the Mac for the win, a 100K and the record books. Wolf in sheep’s clothing. If you’ve watched him closely over the years he is quietly aggressive especially when’s hes leading the race and gets passed.
You see aggressive I see sketchy riding.

Hopefully Tomac waits until Redbud to clean his clock.
newmann
5/2/2018 1:04pm
He has beat him heaps of times what have you been watching?
newmann wrote:
It's not straight up when Eli is always crashing himself out.

And I'm a Tomac fan. Musquin fan too.

He beat him heaps of times without tomac going down, indoors and outdoor.
I guess I should have put the sarcasm smilie in there...

Post a reply to: Marvin and the booing crowd at salt lake

The Latest