Marvin and the booing crowd at salt lake

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2018 1:20 PM

Marvin said in an interview after the race that it was a hard night with the crowd and especially at the opening ceremonies. Was everyone booing him or did something else happen? Anyone have a vid?

I dont get why people are SO angry at him for the pass on tomac, we see agressive and dirty passes all the time in this sport. Are people extra angry because hes not american? I see ALOT of people on Instagram calling him a french f*g etc etc.

|

4/29/2018 1:24 PM

Someone said he had a water bottle tossed at him but heck I watched the pens beat the flyers and they were chucking full beers at the team.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 1:34 PM

Yes, it's undoubtedly amplified because he's not 'murican.

|

4/29/2018 1:41 PM

I don't know . I kind of liked the aggression Marvin showed in that pass . He seems like a good dude and I hope he kills it outdoors.

|

4/29/2018 1:53 PM

Sideways wrote:

Marvin said in an interview after the race that it was a hard night with the crowd and especially at the opening ceremonies. Was everyone booing him or did something else happen? Anyone have a vid?

I dont get why people are SO angry at him for the pass on tomac, we see agressive and dirty passes all the time in this sport. Are people extra angry because hes not american? I see ALOT of people on Instagram calling him a french f*g etc etc.

Many (myself included) think the pass was okay, and would’ve done the same for 100k (and what now appears to be 3 crucial points). It’s his bullshit trying to explain it away that gets me. If he had said “I’m out here racing for the win, 100k and 3 more points that could prove important, I’ll do what I need to do” I’d have totally respected that. I think many others would’ve as well. But when you are in an enthusiast spectated sport, don’t insult a fan base’s intelligence by giving a bullshit answer when most of us have been on both sides of aggressive passes/take-outs and know it when we see it.

|

4/29/2018 1:54 PM

Probably the same kind of guy that made the comment on Marvins IG-page calling Marvin an ungrateful f*uck for coming to the US and challenging US riders when USA saved France under WW2. "Should've stayed in Europe, eurotrash" LOL

|

#1
KX125

4/29/2018 1:59 PM

A large portion of the fans wouldn't know the first thing about changing an air filter in a dirt bike. An even larger portion of them are stupid. What would they know about going for a win or Eli leaving the door wide open?

|

4/29/2018 2:00 PM

When you try to grow a participation sport into a spectator sport these are the type of 'fans' you attract.

|

4/29/2018 2:08 PM

Absurd controversy over a typical pass attempt. Marvin was committed to his line from the previous jump. Eli just carving his normal turn. No harm no foul. Good racing. Bottom feeders making it personal against MM.

|

4/29/2018 2:15 PM

I liked the video of what happened that they aired in the Utah broadcast. ET3 did the same thing to MM25 in the turn before.

|

4/29/2018 2:28 PM

Welcome in Pourcel' world. Some American fans aren't worthy, that some of the best Europeans and Aussies leave there home turf, to show their skill.

|

4/29/2018 2:28 PM

He should have given the fans the single digit salute. Would have been hilarious.

|

4/29/2018 3:18 PM

Plenty of French riders that are endeared in the USA, Pourcell, JMB, Ferrandis, (Hell i think people even like DV...) I don't dislike MM but there is something there that just rubs you wrong. He comes across like a little kid that just did something wrong and doesn't want to tell his parents what he did, His days of cross jumping and not holding lines to block then acting like it never happened. Like others have mentioned if he would just say fuck yeah I held that guy up or took him out, I'm trying everthing in my toolbox to win!

|

4/29/2018 3:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 3:24 PM

I watched the pass over and over and Marvin jumped into the corner tried to cut and take an inside line but Eli totally went high and cut down. If Eli would of rode the berm high instead of cutting down there would of been little to no contact.
I notice Eli does that a lot he doesn’t ride the rut in the berm he cuts down and rides over the rut probably to save time.
The more I look the less I think it was dirty.

|

4/29/2018 3:26 PM

Marv should have owned it, but give him some slack, he struggles with English as it is. His podium speeches go forever but he just says the same thing 3 or 4 times over, that's because he is not sure he got it out properly the first time. I gotta hand it to him for trying though, if I was in France trying to talk to someone I would be like bonjour wee champagne...That's all I got, for him trying to explain the situation in English was probably out of his league.

|

4/29/2018 3:29 PM

I’m in no way butt hurt over the pass, but people are booing because he took Eli out, plain and simple. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but most people will find that type of pass wrong.

|

4/29/2018 3:29 PM

newmann wrote:

A large portion of the fans wouldn't know the first thing about changing an air filter in a dirt bike. An even larger portion of them are stupid. What would they know about going for a win or Eli leaving the door wide open?

Bingo

|

Long live the King and the G.O.A.T.
The greatest there ever was and the greatest there ever will be.

2009 KTM 200xc
2013 Yahama TTR125

4/29/2018 3:29 PM

I’m sure some people don’t like him because he’s French, but that never even entered my mind and I’m sure many others couldn’t care less where he’s from. People jumping to that remind me of when a woman or minority claiming unfair treatment because of their gender or race instead of acknowledging that maybe they’re just an A hole.

|

4/29/2018 3:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 3:33 PM

Idk I think most of the fans don’t know Marvs back story along with many other riders we see. they think he’s just some French whatever. This is where Feld should be having rider stories instead of stupid filler shit every Saturday. Didn’t him and Matiel move to the USA not knowing anyone, I think I saw his brother is paralyzed from the sport as well. I find it hard to think marv would do anything to hurt someone on the track purposely

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 3:35 PM

Wait full beers were being thrown at the team?

The fuck?

I'm all for booing but holy shit what do they put in the water over there?

Edit: I was picturing full tinnies BTW, I guess they server in plastic cups. Still fucking lame though.

|

4/29/2018 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 3:34 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Idk I think most of the fans don’t know Marvs back story along with many other riders we see. they think he’s just some French whatever. This is where Feld should be having rider stories instead of stupid filler shit every Saturday. Didn’t him and Matiel move to the USA not knowing anyone, I think I saw his brother is paralyzed from the sport as well. I find it hard to think marv would do anything to hurt someone on the track purposely

They do a human interest story on Marvin and Mathilde every year and have for several years now

|

4/29/2018 3:36 PM

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 3:41 PM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

Idk I think most of the fans don’t know Marvs back story along with many other riders we see. they think he’s just some French whatever. This is where Feld should be having rider stories instead of stupid filler shit every Saturday. Didn’t him and Matiel move to the USA not knowing anyone, I think I saw his brother is paralyzed from the sport as well. I find it hard to think marv would do anything to hurt someone on the track purposely

zehn wrote:

They do a human interest story on Marvin and Mathilde every year and have for several years now

My bad must have missed it. I remember the stupid cat one but didn’t catch all of it.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

4/29/2018 3:43 PM

gerg wrote:

Wait full beers were being thrown at the team?

The fuck?

I'm all for booing but holy shit what do they put in the water over there?

Edit: I was picturing full tinnies BTW, I guess they server in plastic cups. Still fucking lame though.

Its culture and a part of the sport.

|

4/29/2018 4:42 PM

scooterwhipmoore wrote:

Plenty of French riders that are endeared in the USA, Pourcell, JMB, Ferrandis, (Hell i think people even like DV...) I don't dislike MM but there is something there that just rubs you wrong. He comes across like a little kid that just did something wrong and doesn't want to tell his parents what he did, His days of cross jumping and not holding lines to block then acting like it never happened. Like others have mentioned if he would just say fuck yeah I held that guy up or took him out, I'm trying everthing in my toolbox to win!

Pourcel, JMB, and DV all had a lot of "haters"

|

4/29/2018 5:10 PM

scooterwhipmoore wrote:

Plenty of French riders that are endeared in the USA, Pourcell, JMB, Ferrandis, (Hell i think people even like DV...) I don't dislike MM but there is something there that just rubs you wrong. He comes across like a little kid that just did something wrong and doesn't want to tell his parents what he did, His days of cross jumping and not holding lines to block then acting like it never happened. Like others have mentioned if he would just say fuck yeah I held that guy up or took him out, I'm trying everthing in my toolbox to win!

zookrider62! wrote:

Pourcel, JMB, and DV all had a lot of "haters"

He’ll look at how many haters Eli has. Who cares he wins

|

4/29/2018 5:24 PM

newmann wrote:

A large portion of the fans wouldn't know the first thing about changing an air filter in a dirt bike. An even larger portion of them are stupid. What would they know about going for a win or Eli leaving the door wide open?

About 75% of the posers (not you Newmann -- I'm a fan of you) on Vital fall under the same category. Eli Tomac lives about 4 hours from SLC and the fans in UT consider him one of their own. Is there some US vs. France going on? Yes! But UT is Eli land.

|

bd

4/29/2018 5:26 PM

We all agree what Marvin did was acceptable in that situation.

Trouble is he didn't explain himself in a way that makes his haters happy.

These bros are 100% honest in all explanations, especially on live television following an intense situation.

We perfect...own it.

|

2019 KTM 350 XCF
Single Track Warrior



4/29/2018 5:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 5:30 PM

scooterwhipmoore wrote:

Plenty of French riders that are endeared in the USA, Pourcell, JMB, Ferrandis, (Hell i think people even like DV...) I don't dislike MM but there is something there that just rubs you wrong. He comes across like a little kid that just did something wrong and doesn't want to tell his parents what he did, His days of cross jumping and not holding lines to block then acting like it never happened. Like others have mentioned if he would just say fuck yeah I held that guy up or took him out, I'm trying everthing in my toolbox to win!

zookrider62! wrote:

Pourcel, JMB, and DV all had a lot of "haters"

Excaliburbmx wrote:

He’ll look at how many haters Eli has. Who cares he wins

Every rider has haters -- I can not stand that bull shit. Read the coments and you question humanity. Supercross is a damm sport. Marv or Eli are not N. Korea.

|

bd

4/29/2018 5:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2018 5:29 PM

Deal Brothers Trailers wrote:

We all agree what Marvin did was acceptable in that situation.

Trouble is he didn't explain himself in a way that makes his haters happy.

These bros are 100% honest in all explanations, especially on live television following an intense situation.

We perfect...own it.

Read the comments on Roczen's IG post on the Pink concert. The negative comments -- unnecessary.

|

bd