Marvin Musquin in USA next year with KTM !

4/5/2010 3:43am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:54pm
dv12.com wrote:
Do they even have a team in the US?
Marvin will be a factory KTM rider in USA next year (new team).

mxmaniac08
4/5/2010 4:10am
Hope they can bust into the USA market with a professional team that will show results, ridability and reliabilty that will bring the faith to ktm as it deserves.
For a company that is innovative, dedicated and willing to have a crack in new directions, all the best!

The Shop

Rupert X
4/5/2010 4:41am

About ten (10) years ago, I was in Moscow, Russia with a rogue contingent of

privateer American racers and a hardened management team of highly-trained

professionals - we were racing Supercross for the first time indoors at the

Olympic Stadium. With my keen eye (my other one sucks) I pointed out to anyone

that was awake or not being hassled by the Rusky's -" That kid right there - that

Marvin Musquin - he's gonna be the world's next greatest racer " For this, I was

mocked and they tossed Absynthe down my throat. Starvin' Marvin Rocks !
DC
4/5/2010 5:40am
Rupert, I had a similar moment in 1987 at the Kilinchy, Northern Ireland 125cc Grand Prix. I came back and wrote that the kid on the Honda CR125, #30 wearing Sinisalo, might be the most dangerous man on the track.... It was Jean-Michel Bayle, and I had never even heard of him, but he was just so smooth and stylish on the bike, it was a revelation. Of course French journalists like Xavier and British legends like Jack Burnicle already knew this, but for me it was a revelation.

When I saw Marvin on an outdoor track for the first time at the MXoN in Italy, it was a similar revelation, though I had certainly heard of him by then.

DC
MX Sports
4/5/2010 5:57am
DC wrote:
Rupert, I had a similar moment in 1987 at the Kilinchy, Northern Ireland 125cc Grand Prix. I came back and wrote that the kid on the...
Rupert, I had a similar moment in 1987 at the Kilinchy, Northern Ireland 125cc Grand Prix. I came back and wrote that the kid on the Honda CR125, #30 wearing Sinisalo, might be the most dangerous man on the track.... It was Jean-Michel Bayle, and I had never even heard of him, but he was just so smooth and stylish on the bike, it was a revelation. Of course French journalists like Xavier and British legends like Jack Burnicle already knew this, but for me it was a revelation.

When I saw Marvin on an outdoor track for the first time at the MXoN in Italy, it was a similar revelation, though I had certainly heard of him by then.

DC
MX Sports
So, Marvin could beat Christophe ...

Wink
DC
4/5/2010 7:13am
Sorry MXaddict, I still think Christophe Pourcel is faster than Marvin. If Pourcel had not been injured in Ireland in 2007, he would be way ahead of where he is now...

DC
MX Sports
jemcee
4/5/2010 7:21am
Rupert X wrote:
About ten (10) years ago, I was in Moscow, Russia with a rogue contingent of privateer American racers and a hardened management team of highly-trained professionals...

that was awake or not being hassled by the Rusky's -" That kid right there - that

Marvin Musquin - he's gonna be the world's next greatest racer " For this, I was

rupert is this the trip that you wrote a story on and it was in a racerx?

either way that story was very funny!
Rupert X
4/5/2010 7:43am
Rupert X wrote:
About ten (10) years ago, I was in Moscow, Russia with a rogue contingent of privateer American racers and a hardened management team of highly-trained professionals...

jemcee wrote:
rupert is this the trip that you wrote a story on and it was in a racerx?

either way that story was very funny!

Thanks brother.

Many thanks to Kardy, DC at Racer-X , Eric , Engine Ice and all the others that made

that delightful misery into a fine memory.
DC
4/5/2010 7:49am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:54pm
Rupert, it was actually not that long ago... You can find it in the March 2008 issue of Racer X Illustrated, entitled "Mission to Moscow." And thanks for taking one for the team that week!

DC

MX Sports
ayearinmx
4/5/2010 7:55am
i really didn't understand why you hated moscow so much...... i thought it was an awesome place

but then, i've still got one of those british passport thingys Wink ... bucharest on the other hand......
4/5/2010 8:06am
DC wrote:
Sorry MXaddict, I still think Christophe Pourcel is faster than Marvin. If Pourcel had not been injured in Ireland in 2007, he would be way ahead...
Sorry MXaddict, I still think Christophe Pourcel is faster than Marvin. If Pourcel had not been injured in Ireland in 2007, he would be way ahead of where he is now...

DC
MX Sports
It was just a joke ...
DC
4/5/2010 2:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:55pm
Sorry Addict, it's hard to tell sometimes when it comes to the whole our-guys-are-better debates that go on here now. I do know that with Marvin lining up here in 2011, we will see French riders vying for titles in both AMA Motocross classes, and I already think Pourcel would be in the thick of things with Dungey and Villopoto right now had he moved up!

If I am a French motocross fan, I'm liking my guys' chances in America next year.

DC

MX Sports
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
4/5/2010 2:06pm
DC wrote:
Sorry Addict, it's hard to tell sometimes when it comes to the whole our-guys-are-better debates that go on here now. I do know that with Marvin...
Sorry Addict, it's hard to tell sometimes when it comes to the whole our-guys-are-better debates that go on here now. I do know that with Marvin lining up here in 2011, we will see French riders vying for titles in both AMA Motocross classes, and I already think Pourcel would be in the thick of things with Dungey and Villopoto right now had he moved up!

If I am a French motocross fan, I'm liking my guys' chances in America next year.

DC

MX Sports
Pourcel will smoke them both on a Honda...
BobbyM
4/5/2010 2:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2010 2:10pm
track guy wrote:
dont count on that
or mike...er tony being on a ktm either eh? is mike really sick lately track guy or what?

and you got balled once again trackster...can you count on it now superstar?
Rupert X
4/5/2010 2:13pm

The " ROCKSTAR " is not far behind.

You gotta figure that super-talented Ken Roczen is already doing the math to

figure out when he's able to climb aboard a Mitch-Rocket.

Is that kid really only fifteen (15) ? I was still trying to figure out whether to

tag up - or not - on a fly-ball - at 15.
mjskier
4/5/2010 3:52pm
Madmax31 wrote:
What rock are you living under? They will have linkage. Besides it's overrated and not really needed.

Yeah, but does WP know linkage? The other factories have what, 15+ years of linkage experience? Unless KTM copies an existing geometry, they are starting from scratch...
Lightning78
4/5/2010 4:38pm
Madmax31 wrote:
What rock are you living under? They will have linkage. Besides it's overrated and not really needed.
mjskier wrote:
Yeah, but does WP know linkage? The other factories have what, 15+ years of linkage experience? Unless KTM copies an existing geometry, they are starting from...

Yeah, but does WP know linkage? The other factories have what, 15+ years of linkage experience? Unless KTM copies an existing geometry, they are starting from scratch...
I think they will have it figured out and working just fine....sure the big 4 have had 15 years but with tecnology at where it is today those 15 years are easier to make up and make advances....computerized models of shock action new metals and producing mpre works parts to test is far simpler than it was back then.... even in the 90's
burnside
4/5/2010 6:26pm
Wonder if Searle will stick around?
kwhite199
4/5/2010 6:40pm
Madmax31 wrote:
mjskier wrote:
Yeah, but does WP know linkage? The other factories have what, 15+ years of linkage experience? Unless KTM copies an existing geometry, they are starting from...

I don't think that KTM will have any problem figuring that out. Their bikes looked like they were working extremely well in Bulgaria over the weekend and they were running their linkage setup there.
pilotdude
4/5/2010 7:06pm
DC wrote:
Sorry Addict, it's hard to tell sometimes when it comes to the whole our-guys-are-better debates that go on here now. I do know that with Marvin...

DC

MX Sports
Jarid332 wrote:
Pourcel will smoke them both on a Honda...
Not sure if you are joking here or not. An uninjured Ryan Villopoto, on a bike he has practice time on, is not a "smokeable" rider outdoors in this space-time continuum. He is beatable--barely--when everything is stacked against him or he has a bad, bad day. Smokeable? No.
oldx
4/5/2010 8:07pm
Will be great to see some of those guys come over here to race. Another team=great.
mx.jah
4/6/2010 9:35am
mx.jah wrote:
Kind of sucks that he has to do Sx without linkage, he would have wait he could have probably get a PC ride.
Madmax31 wrote:
Yeah forgot that. Anyways he would have wait for few more dominant GP wins, he could have launched a PC or FC ride, with more money and better bikes.

Post a reply to: Marvin Musquin in USA next year with KTM !

The Latest