Marvin

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2019 12:50 PM

Seems to be doing good considering he has only just been able to ride all week starting last week.
If he can continue to improve and Tomac and Roczen cant start winning, then this could be a great battle the whole season with Webb, Eli, Roczen, and Marv barring injuries.

|

1/27/2019 1:02 PM

Yeah he rode good. Had he passed Cooper he would have the red plate now!
Kind of crazy also that Barcia is only 11 points out, despite having 3 bad weekends in a row.

|

1/27/2019 1:20 PM

Marvin seems to be getting faster each week. I hope all these guys remain very close in points for the remainder. It will definitely make things very exciting.

|

Honda Rules!

1/27/2019 2:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2019 2:52 PM

With Webb riding like this I wonder if at a point will there be rift in the team rig on who is the perceived “#1”? Sure marv is getting paid as such but I’m sure Webb is feeling pretty big at the moment and he doesn’t really have a second rider type of attitude. Could get interesting.......and even though they are playing nice with each other for media they have a deep history with each other

|

1/27/2019 2:45 PM

colvin227 wrote:

With Webb riding like this I wonder if at a point will there be rift in the team rig on who is the perceived “#1”? Sure marv ...more

This /\

|

1/27/2019 3:40 PM

Marvs down fall has always been the whoops. It’s crazy he hasn’t mastered them yet, as technical of a rider as he is. He also looks taller than the other guys, should come more natural. I think his only chance is if the whoops get messed up enough to make everyone jump through them. He was on rails last night all around the track except the whoops. I love his style though. Never forgot that outdoor race where he stood on the pegs around the outside of that turn and made a pass. Can’t remember which race though.

|

1/27/2019 4:30 PM

Anyone watch the GuyB interview tab on home page? Answers a lot of questions. If his knee gets strong, he will be faster. I would say likely to win it this year...if.

|

1/27/2019 4:44 PM

Marvin suffers the same problem as AC92. The mental part of there program should be addressed.

|

1/27/2019 6:02 PM

Surely I'm not the only one that watched him tailing Webb, crash back to about 5th or 6th, recover to 2nd, then literally eat up a 10 second deficit in around 7 minutes? Fastest guy on track in the second half by a mile. I was gob smacked at how quick he was catching Webb but it barely got a mention until the last lap.

|

1/27/2019 6:06 PM

I have to rewatch the race to confirm this, but I seem to remember him actually skimming the whoops at a time when the others were jumping through last night.

|

1/27/2019 6:13 PM

bf884 wrote:

Marvs down fall has always been the whoops. It’s crazy he hasn’t mastered them yet, as technical of a rider as he is. He also ...more

Redbud 2018 moto 1 coincidentally it was Webb too.

|

1/27/2019 6:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/27/2019 6:34 PM

bf884 wrote:

Marvs down fall has always been the whoops. It’s crazy he hasn’t mastered them yet, as technical of a rider as he is. He also ...more

I have always wondered if it has something to do with his brother Mika. He crashed in the whoops and has been paralyzed since. Maybe it plays a role in Marvins mental game

|

1/27/2019 7:19 PM

bf884 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

I have always wondered if it has something to do with his brother Mika. He crashed in the whoops and has been paralyzed since. ...more

Maybe i truthfully think he is capable of hitting them
Just like everyone but holds back a little bit out of timidness

|

1/28/2019 12:14 AM

bf884 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

I have always wondered if it has something to do with his brother Mika. He crashed in the whoops and has been paralyzed since. ...more

Marvin s brother crash was not in the whoops, as far as I remember...

|

1/28/2019 12:28 AM

Marvin's tired of playing second fiddle by now, he's gonna crank it up a notch
and grab some wins.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

1/28/2019 12:52 AM

bf884 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

Tarz483 wrote:

Maybe i truthfully think he is capable of hitting them
Just like everyone but holds back a little bit out of timidness

I think it's because of the way he's built. Yes he's tall, which usually helps, but he's built like a distance runner. I think he would have to bulk up his upper body to be better in the whoops.

|

1/28/2019 2:40 AM

bf884 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

THE mx addict wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was. At a German SX race

|

1/28/2019 7:25 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

THE mx addict wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

It was in France, at the SX de Chaumont I believe, on a dragon back that was already signaled as dangerous by many riders. Really a pity considering the severity of the injury.

Here is his website, to read, make a donation, bid on gear, or simply to send a kind message.

https://www.mikamusquin.com/biographie

|

1/28/2019 7:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/28/2019 7:49 AM

THE mx addict wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:

Question wrote:

It was in France, at the SX de Chaumont I believe, on a dragon back that was already signaled as dangerous by many riders. ...more

Good article from RacerX regarding Marvs bro and how.

https://racerxonline.com/2015/10/14/between-the-motos-mika-musquin?fbclid=IwAR2xYWZjBKldtBZ5TuEHhAwzkEPI0tuc1qWbQzLzmrEWGwWZ46nBhgzWvqY

|

1/28/2019 8:00 AM

Whoop speed, remind me again- how many racers are faster than Marvin in the whoops? 7 maybe? In Oakland- 1 (Baggett)

|

1/28/2019 9:12 AM

swtwtwtw wrote:

Whoop speed, remind me again- how many racers are faster than Marvin in the whoops? 7 maybe? In Oakland- 1 (Baggett)

Baggett reminded me of LaRocco late in that race. To me, that ride was more impressive than his win.

|