Marv vs Tomac @ 'Dilla

I think we might be in for a good race boys, don't think Eli was too happy with losing at Washougal and obviously Marv just wants to win as many of these things as he can. I will say though I'm a little scared for Tomac at Unadilla, and I have no facts to back this up but it seems to me that for whatever reason Tomac seems to struggle in long deep ruts as of late (Thunder Valley, Millville) and Unadilla will have no shortage of those.

Marvin is historically great at Unadilla and coming off 4 straight moto wins I'm not sure he's looking to stop any time soon.

Interested in hearing your thoughts and I can't wait for next Saturday!
|
DPR250R
8/5/2017 2:25am
I hope he keeps the championship in mind over beating Marv.
struth
8/5/2017 2:31am
Hope someone punts eli3 for being to soft to go to Mxon.....
Crush
8/5/2017 2:47am
I think we might be in for a good race boys, don't think Eli was too happy with losing at Washougal and obviously Marv just wants...
I think we might be in for a good race boys, don't think Eli was too happy with losing at Washougal and obviously Marv just wants to win as many of these things as he can. I will say though I'm a little scared for Tomac at Unadilla, and I have no facts to back this up but it seems to me that for whatever reason Tomac seems to struggle in long deep ruts as of late (Thunder Valley, Millville) and Unadilla will have no shortage of those.

Marvin is historically great at Unadilla and coming off 4 straight moto wins I'm not sure he's looking to stop any time soon.

Not gonna lie.

It seemed like on the Honda he was better in ruts and rough stuff and sucked on hardpack.

Seems to be the opposite on the Kawi.
aeffertz
8/5/2017 4:28am
DPR250R wrote:
I hope he keeps the championship in mind over beating Marv.
Oh how the tables have turned...

The Shop

8/5/2017 12:12pm
I think we might be in for a good race boys, don't think Eli was too happy with losing at Washougal and obviously Marv just wants...

Crush wrote:
Not gonna lie. It seemed like on the Honda he was better in ruts and rough stuff and sucked on hardpack. Seems to be the opposite...
Not gonna lie.

It seemed like on the Honda he was better in ruts and rough stuff and sucked on hardpack.

I agree, honestly to me it seems like he hasn't been the same outdoors since getting on that Kawi, SX he was obviously better but I still have yet to see something similar to Hangtown 2015.
Johnny Ringo
8/5/2017 5:13pm

Crush wrote:
Not gonna lie. It seemed like on the Honda he was better in ruts and rough stuff and sucked on hardpack. Seems to be the opposite...
Not gonna lie.

Crush, how many rutty nasty races did he win in supercross?

Crush
8/6/2017 6:32am Edited Date/Time 8/6/2017 6:34am

Probably a couple, but he NEVER had a problem in ruts before and he has had quite a few races where he hasn't seemed himself this year and each time it was rutty...

And he was washing the front on hardpack on the red bike in 14/15...

And he flat out worked Roczen on hardpack Washagoul last year on the Kawi and was lights out each time it was slick in SX this year too.
kkawboy14
8/6/2017 9:29am

Crush wrote:
Not gonna lie.

I agree, honestly to me it seems like he hasn't been the same outdoors since getting on that Kawi, SX he was obviously better but I...
I agree, honestly to me it seems like he hasn't been the same outdoors since getting on that Kawi, SX he was obviously better but I still have yet to see something similar to Hangtown 2015.
The Honda almost cost him his career with wadding both shoulders........
kkawboy14
8/6/2017 9:30am

Crush wrote:
Probably a couple, but he NEVER had a problem in ruts before and he has had quite a few races where he hasn't seemed himself this...
Probably a couple, but he NEVER had a problem in ruts before and he has had quite a few races where he hasn't seemed himself this year and each time it was rutty...

And he flat out worked Roczen on hardpack Washagoul last year on the Kawi and was lights out each time it was slick in SX this year too.
Maybe he doesn't want to wadd up his shoulders again? So he is slowing down more than he used to?
8/6/2017 10:25am
Crush wrote:
Not gonna lie.

I agree, honestly to me it seems like he hasn't been the same outdoors since getting on that Kawi, SX he was obviously better but I...
kkawboy14 wrote:
Like the Kawasaki ended Villopoto's career?

kkawboy14
8/6/2017 10:28am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Like the Kawasaki ended Villopoto's career?

Yes!
8/6/2017 10:29am
Also don't forget Tomac was putting down faster laps at Unadilla on his CRF250 than Villopoto. He can rip at Unadilla but I'll agree with some and say the Kawi seems to climb out of ruts alot this year.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/6/2017 4:48pm

Crush wrote:
Probably a couple, but he NEVER had a problem in ruts before and he has had quite a few races where he hasn't seemed himself this...

Been thinking the same thing for a while now. The deep, clay ruts seem to be his nemesis now.

Post a reply to: Marv vs Tomac @ 'Dilla

The Latest