Markers in Peick Video

Homey55
Does anyone know what those markers are in the new Peick video on the home page? Looks like some new tech.
|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
12/1/2017 9:46am
Probably just to gauge lines, braking/accelerating points, etc. I did noticed those bright markers though. First time seeing those. I've seen orange cones before.
bvm111
12/1/2017 10:12am
maybe for the LITPro technology to break down the track into segments so he can see where he is loosing and gaining time???

That's pure speculation on my part of course
Dtat720
12/1/2017 10:15am
bvm111 wrote:
maybe for the LITPro technology to break down the track into segments so he can see where he is loosing and gaining time??? That's pure speculation...
maybe for the LITPro technology to break down the track into segments so he can see where he is loosing and gaining time???

That's pure speculation on my part of course
Im thinking this probably more truth than speculation. LitPro said they were working on more tech to make their gps system more accurate on the track. Prototype system maybe?
brimx153
12/1/2017 10:51am
id say it where he let s go of the brake s in the corners . working with Bud Man . sebastien tortelli use to do the same.off the brake s at the marker s and coast through the apex .

The Shop

tprice07
12/1/2017 10:52am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Probably just to gauge lines, braking/accelerating points, etc. I did noticed those bright markers though. First time seeing those. I've seen orange cones before.
That would be my guess too..at first I thought it was to keep him lower in the corners but the braking/accelerating points makes more sense given they aren't that far down in the corners.
Homey55
12/1/2017 10:55am
Went back and re-watched the video. He's got a GoPro on his helmet and I guess those markers are just cones for braking/acceleration.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/1/2017 12:17pm
Homey55 wrote:
Does anyone know what those markers are in the new Peick video on the home page? Looks like some new tech.
They're just florecent cones that budman uses as acceleration points for Weston as a reminder.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
12/1/2017 1:18pm
Every time I watch a Supercross preparation video, I notice several things:
1) Those guys go much faster than I do. (Duh)
2) The lines in the turns are a little different than what I would use. (Maybe I should try those lines instead...)
3) Those lines which are different from mine are the only lines on the track.

That last point is what I'm getting at. The riders are very good at hitting their lines. That's understood and I could do similarly myself. Also, they are following "best practices" and looking for the fastest lap times. However, wouldn't it benefit the riders to train by riding multiple lines all over the track? I mean, in a real race the "perfect" line isn't always available due to race traffic. They need to be able to go fast using all kinds of different angles. It seems strange that they would only practice one perfect set of variables all the time.

Maybe I'm wrong and they DON'T do this; it just seems like that's all I ever see. Pay attention to the next 20 videos you watch and I bet you'll agree.
Homey55
12/1/2017 1:29pm
Falcon wrote:
Every time I watch a Supercross preparation video, I notice several things: 1) Those guys go much faster than I do. (Duh) 2) The lines in...
Every time I watch a Supercross preparation video, I notice several things:
1) Those guys go much faster than I do. (Duh)
2) The lines in the turns are a little different than what I would use. (Maybe I should try those lines instead...)
3) Those lines which are different from mine are the only lines on the track.

That last point is what I'm getting at. The riders are very good at hitting their lines. That's understood and I could do similarly myself. Also, they are following "best practices" and looking for the fastest lap times. However, wouldn't it benefit the riders to train by riding multiple lines all over the track? I mean, in a real race the "perfect" line isn't always available due to race traffic. They need to be able to go fast using all kinds of different angles. It seems strange that they would only practice one perfect set of variables all the time.

Maybe I'm wrong and they DON'T do this; it just seems like that's all I ever see. Pay attention to the next 20 videos you watch and I bet you'll agree.
That's funny you brought that up, I had the exact same thought! They need to have a "cone ninja" on the track that moves the cones every lap to simulate traffic so these guys can learn to get through traffic easier.
BS12
12/1/2017 10:40pm
Homey55 wrote:
That's funny you brought that up, I had the exact same thought! They need to have a "cone ninja" on the track that moves the cones...
That's funny you brought that up, I had the exact same thought! They need to have a "cone ninja" on the track that moves the cones every lap to simulate traffic so these guys can learn to get through traffic easier.
My theory is yes you can practice that, but at this level that sort of stuff is already embedded in them. You can prepare for it all you want, but when it suddenly happens in a race, Mr Cone Ninja's moves aren't really going to spring to mind, rather, natural reflexes and instincts kick in.

That, and by hitting the same lines lap after lap, better and more consistent data is gathered when testing different parts and settings.

Post a reply to: Markers in Peick Video

The Latest