Marijuana at the track

MR. X
3/15/2016 6:37pm
After reading 6 pages of people who are against drinking and/or smoking weed before riding ,I pray none of you ever get on a snowmobile and ride at night. One of the biggest reasons I don't ride sleds much anymore is because 90% of the guys you come across at night on the weekends are drunk or going to get drunk and then go hot dog on their sleds.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
3/15/2016 6:41pm
Note to self no snowmoble ride in the middle of the ️nite .
crusher773
3/15/2016 7:08pm
crusher773 wrote:
If you are doing drugs or drinking then riding you are 100% a complete moron.
mxb2 wrote:
Be careful man,soon you will be called a uptight asshole with a stick up your ass. Dont ya know its cool to do that.
I have no issues with that. I'm a contributing member of society not a loser burnout that has to get high to have fun.
mxb2
3/15/2016 7:20pm
crusher773 wrote:
If you are doing drugs or drinking then riding you are 100% a complete moron.
mxb2 wrote:
Be careful man,soon you will be called a uptight asshole with a stick up your ass. Dont ya know its cool to do that.
crusher773 wrote:
I have no issues with that. I'm a contributing member of society not a loser burnout that has to get high to have fun.
Ditto.

The Shop

FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
3/15/2016 7:30pm
mxb2 wrote:
crusher773 wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Ditto.

Cool, we can all roll on our high horses together.
kawirider819
3/15/2016 7:31pm
crusher773 wrote:
And not everyone who gets high to have fun is a loser burnout. Plenty are contributing members of society like yourself.
bama205
3/15/2016 7:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 7:49pm
L3G10N wrote:
So James can take adderall but a natural alternative which does the same for focus and mental acuity gets ridiculed? I guess you'd prefer someone on...
So James can take adderall but a natural alternative which does the same for focus and mental acuity gets ridiculed?

I guess you'd prefer someone on opiates or other prescription pills which have much more harmful side effects and damaging effects to reaction time, sensitivity, motor and cognitive function.

Have you forgotten about this guy, who wore #338, one of the most talented riders in history? Who was also a champion.

Preface: jlaw is my 2nd favorite of all time.

My point: look at him now.

I would counter the argument with: weed likely ruined his racing career.
bama205
3/15/2016 7:52pm
L3G10N wrote:
Quite honestly Marijuana is the safest alternative for pain management there is. None of the side effects or dependency issues we've seen with opiates and other...
Quite honestly Marijuana is the safest alternative for pain management there is. None of the side effects or dependency issues we've seen with opiates and other pain medicines. It's sad to see the inexperience people have with this subject and the views they've developed from that. The research that's being limited by federal law isn't helping either, but when scientific and medical research can be completed on a widespread basis I think what most already know will be clear: It's a safe and effective alternative for pain management as well as a legitimate aid for many medical conditions. The negative stigma associated with it and it's effects come from the uneducated, inexperienced and misinformed.

The most dangerous thing you can do is think behind the times. Hold values and views that are no longer applicable or realistic to current standards and understandings. Information is ever evolving, as should be our knowledge and opinions generated from it.

It's 2016.
UpTiTe wrote:
This. I don't condone smoking it, but this is the truth. I've never been a user, but something that has alwsys baffled me is how its...
This. I don't condone smoking it, but this is the truth.

I've never been a user, but something that has alwsys baffled me is how its ok to be a dtunk but pot use is so horrible.
Who says it's ok to be a drunk?!
3/15/2016 8:04pm
Why would anyone advocate smoking pot anywhere near a bunch of 1-12 year old kids? Especially kids who probably look up to you or your "fast friends" some of you people are pathetic.
DMG
3/15/2016 8:29pm
Mary Jane? Never heard of her.
L3G10N
3/15/2016 8:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 8:47pm
Some of the greatest skateboarders have been high as fuck the majority of their careers.

If you think moto takes anything near the physical acuity, precision, real time reaction, cognitive to motor input and feeeback / balance I feel sorry for you.

With that being said l don't think any young or developing mind should do it often. As far as adults who have their lives together, enjoy yourself. Be responsible. Know yourself, how you react and be sensible. Respect those around you and treat the situation you're in accordingly.

J law won races and a championship, on this substance. Others couldn't make it past the fridge. It effects everyone differently.

Me personally, not since high school.

I can understand how it could damage one persons life like stated. Or have no effect at all.

This has been one of the better discussion ls on vital. Glad to see some open minds, thoughtful input and humor. Less personal attacks and bullshit guys. We make this place what it is.

3/15/2016 9:08pm
In the interest of breaking up the stream of anecdotal evidence in here:

"Cannabis smoking can be helpful for some activities such as extreme sports, as it improves muscle relaxation, reduces anxiety, and extincts fear memories (e.g., negative experiences) leading to enhanced performance. It is also worthwhile to note that cannabis smoking improves sleep time and recovery, which may favor performance when an athlete is facing multiple competitions in a short period of time. In light of these positive effects, one can assume cannabis is a doping substance that relaxes the mind and improves recovery.”

Why should cannabis be considered doping in sports?

"Intoxication with cannabis leads to a slight impairment of psychomotor … function. … [However,] the impairment in driving skills does not appear to be severe, even immediately after taking cannabis, when subjects are tested in a driving simulator. This may be because people intoxicated by cannabis appear to compensate for their impairment by taking fewer risks and driving more slowly, whereas alcohol tends to encourage people to take great risks and drive more aggressively.”

A. Smiley. 1999. Marijuana: On-Road and Driving-Simulator Studies. In: H. Kalant et al. (Eds) The Health Effects of Cannabis. Toronto: Center for Addiction and Mental Health. Pp. 173-191.

"Cannabis alone, particularly in low doses, has little effect on the skills involved in automobile driving."

G. Chesher and M. Longo. 2002. Cannabis and alcohol in motor vehicle accidents. In: F. Grotenhermen and E. Russo (Eds.) Cannabis and Cannabinoids: Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutic Potential. New York: Haworth Press. Pp. 313-323.
zehn
3/15/2016 10:14pm
normanmx wrote:
WOW A 200 pager .... junkieland.....
Lol, the fact that you would ever use the term "junkie" when referring to marijuana just goes to show...
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
3/15/2016 10:18pm
I always chuckle a little when people claim something is "safe" because it is "natural". Well, Arsenic and uranium are also "natural" too, are they safe? I get that there are good medical uses for MJ and I can support that 100%. For recreational purposes, I see no use/benefit for it. But I don't want a sedated, burnt out, unproductive society either.
normanmx
3/15/2016 10:23pm
normanmx wrote:
zehn wrote:
Lol, the fact that you would ever use the term "junkie" when referring to marijuana just goes to show...
Yeah...just goes to show that you must pray for your state to make it legal so it is not legal to call you so....
fox1nz
3/15/2016 10:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2016 10:56pm
L3G10N wrote:
So James can take adderall but a natural alternative which does the same for focus and mental acuity gets ridiculed? I guess you'd prefer someone on...
So James can take adderall but a natural alternative which does the same for focus and mental acuity gets ridiculed?

I guess you'd prefer someone on opiates or other prescription pills which have much more harmful side effects and damaging effects to reaction time, sensitivity, motor and cognitive function.

Have you forgotten about this guy, who wore #338, one of the most talented riders in history? Who was also a champion.

Hey we are not talking about that in this thread. We talking about druggies at yr local track. .
There is a time and place for that stuff and it's not at yr local track in the publics face.
HenryJ77
3/15/2016 11:27pm
Was at milestone today. Went over a jump took a deep breath through my nose, smelled marijuana, looked over and sure enough I saw guys smoking in the pits..
zehn
3/15/2016 11:43pm
normanmx wrote:
zehn wrote:
normanmx wrote:
Yeah...just goes to show that you must pray for your state to make it legal so it is not legal to call you so....
It's already legal in my state but nice try. Your assumptions could use a little work
JerseyFresh
3/15/2016 11:57pm
As a daily smoker for 15 years I'll give my qualified opinion. When I was a young man (17-22) and was riding and racing a lot, yeah, me and my crew rolled up, slid open the van door and smoke rolled out. We didn't care about kids, or parents or Ama or any of that. Bumping hip-hop and smoking blunts, railing ruts and nailing sluts, fistfights and dirtbikes ya know? Having said that, when I purchase my bike this spring Ill prob be burning but with my pen, in the truck. It's kinda shitty to be overt about it when there's kids around and people that aren't into it. And no I don't believe it to impair my ability on the motorcycle, I find it to be the opposite. Flowy, smooth, fun.
crusher773
3/16/2016 1:41am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2016 1:42am
crusher773 wrote:
And not everyone who gets high to have fun is a loser burnout. Plenty are contributing members of society like yourself.
I disagree, I think it incredibly dumb in the first place and exponentially dumber to get on a motorcycle under the influence of anything. I'm sure the money being spent on that crap could better be spent on something more important.
L3G10N
3/16/2016 6:18am
TbonesPop wrote:
I always chuckle a little when people claim something is "safe" because it is "natural". Well, Arsenic and uranium are also "natural" too, are they safe...
I always chuckle a little when people claim something is "safe" because it is "natural". Well, Arsenic and uranium are also "natural" too, are they safe? I get that there are good medical uses for MJ and I can support that 100%. For recreational purposes, I see no use/benefit for it. But I don't want a sedated, burnt out, unproductive society either.
Yeah, all the beer and t.v. really is keeping americans sharp these days.
L3G10N
3/16/2016 6:27am
Your ignorance is showing. I have a few friends who are multi millionaires. While the company I co Manage does 1.8 mil annualy in business ( Commercial Contracting. ) All of them have gone through a period of use or still use regularly.

You're defining things which have no set standard. The only thing you've belittled is your perspective.
BobPA
3/16/2016 6:27am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2016 6:31am
Edit : I meant to quote "project racer" about is glass dong puffers comment.

Not every big name company is a conservative pussy that prys into their employees personal lives. If an employee is hard working and dependable, who cares what they do at home? Some of you uptight guys who have never touched the stuff should have no say in this discussion.

I haven't burned for a few years now....come to think about it, probably 5 years. Sure I enjoyed it when I was younger...but the risk/reward is just not worth it. I have many friends that take a few puffs off a J and will probably embarrass you on the track or in the woods. For some it really helps them concentrate and flow. For others like me, I lose all ability (except on the golf course).

PA still thinks weed is the devils grass, and the cops around here would love nothing more than to find some bud on you. I've got relatively long hair for this day and age, and every single time I've been pulled over I get asked if I'm high/how much stuff I have on me...then they proceed to search my vehicle. Usually I just let them because what are they gonna find? Ive refused and they threaten to bring in theK9 unit...to which I respond "be my guest". Come to think of it I was pulled over for a brake light a bit ago, had some yard clippings on my floor, and Johnny law about busted his zipper when he saw green stuff on the floor of my vehicle. After being handcuffed the officer was extremely disappointed to find out that is was everyday grass...and proceeded to let me go, albeit pissed off that he did not find anything.

I do not believe weed belongs at the races, when my friends smoke and we go riding I am 100% fine with it. I've been riding with these dude for well over a decade and I trust them.
beavesmx_44
3/16/2016 6:55am
For anyone who has never experienced marijuana you have zero experience to draw from and your input is irrelevant. Would I want someone who rarely smokes to decide right before going on the track was a good time to light up? Of course not. Just like on holidays you will get a bunch of people who don't normally consume alcohol and they decide to drink and drive: hence the increase in car accidents. The daily drinkers aren't usually the problem as they have learned to navigate life under the influence. It effects someone who routinely partakes in the substance way differently when they have a tolerance built. Some have no loss of motor control and are just fine to do any activity they choose while high. Once all the old bags who still live in last century die off the laws and views on marijuana will be made right again. For most it's just the legality of it. It puts more money in government pockets(police, prison, politicians etc) so the majority(see sheep heard) fall in line without a second thought. Everyone should educate themselves and create an informed opinion as with all things in life.
L3G10N
3/16/2016 7:30am
The snarky comment about the sons of rich fathers says it all.
Dezerted
3/16/2016 7:34am
You obviously know nothing... The people you know who smoke and are what you describe were almost guaranteed to be that before they smoked. There are highly motivated and successful people who I know personally that smoke more weed then you could imagine. They are 100%!self made and I would venture a guess that they employ many people like yourself who have any opinion without knowing any facts.
Mini Elsinore
3/16/2016 7:58am
Well, this has been a fun discourse. In hindsight, this was a troll thead that achieved its desired effect. There will be no opinions changed. I don't smoke, but I prosecuted 1000's of drug cases as a DA over my near-decade tenure. And, I have sentenced drug offenders as a Judge.

What I can tell you is that anyone in the criminal justice system will likely tell you that there is a significant difference in the "profile" of a casual pot user and a chemical substance abuser. The recidivist rate among canabis users for 'other crimes' is negligible. The same cannot be said for chemical substance abusers who are likely to have theft/burglary/prostitution/child endangerment found in their "profile." Also, the chemical substance abusers use all drugs, including canabis, which creates a spectrum within the larger canabis offender profile.

During my last stint as a Coordiantor for a DTF, my DEA AIC asked me to offer probation in any canabis case under 5 lbs. His words to me, "those guys are harmless--we need to focus on labs." That was in 1995...... The "war" on canabis was largely over by then at a federal level. Local courts and PD's are finamcially incentivized to drop the hammer. The system started puking them out, and this will likely continue.

I will also say in closing that one commonality among criminal offenders was noted----alcohol.
But, I know a lot of police officers who stay shitfaced drunk off duty---but loved to harass the stoners. Not in my jurisdiction---no sir. I didn't give a damn about feeding the municipal court cofers on the hard work of any of my dedicated officers. (RIP Johnny). But we damn sure ran over the chemical users.....

Your experiences may vary, but I am certified LEO with almost 30 years of police, prosecutor, and judicial experience. This is my story and I am sticking with it.

Canadad
3/16/2016 8:02am
For anyone who has never experienced marijuana you have zero experience to draw from and your input is irrelevant. Would I want someone who rarely smokes...
For anyone who has never experienced marijuana you have zero experience to draw from and your input is irrelevant. Would I want someone who rarely smokes to decide right before going on the track was a good time to light up? Of course not. Just like on holidays you will get a bunch of people who don't normally consume alcohol and they decide to drink and drive: hence the increase in car accidents. The daily drinkers aren't usually the problem as they have learned to navigate life under the influence. It effects someone who routinely partakes in the substance way differently when they have a tolerance built. Some have no loss of motor control and are just fine to do any activity they choose while high. Once all the old bags who still live in last century die off the laws and views on marijuana will be made right again. For most it's just the legality of it. It puts more money in government pockets(police, prison, politicians etc) so the majority(see sheep heard) fall in line without a second thought. Everyone should educate themselves and create an informed opinion as with all things in life.
So those of us who have had to live with daily pot smokers and have witnessed their decline, we are the uninformed? And the individual who is oblivious to it because of the chemicals coursing through their brains are the informed....got it.

Post a reply to: Marijuana at the track

The Latest