Marc Marquez miracle save

Edited Date/Time 7/25/2020 12:41pm
This is a pretty impressive save by Marc Marquez at the Spanish GP.

I'm not sure but before he gets on the dirt it looks like he uses his knee to stop himself from sliding out. It's amazing what these guys can do.

|
7/20/2020 7:47am
This is a pretty impressive save by Marc Marquez at the Spanish GP. I'm not sure but before he gets on the dirt it looks like...
This is a pretty impressive save by Marc Marquez at the Spanish GP.

I'm not sure but before he gets on the dirt it looks like he uses his knee to stop himself from sliding out. It's amazing what these guys can do.

Shame he couldn’t save the 2nd one.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
7/20/2020 7:57am
Incredible save, insane ride from last 2 3rd, awful crash and an awful result. Heal up Marc!
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/20/2020 10:58am
Marc Marquez arrived in Barcelona today, and he'll undergo surgery tomorrow for the fractured humerus of his right arm, which happened yesterday in a terrible fall during the Spanish GP. However, it's not so much the bone that worries the doctors but the possible involvement of the radial nerve, which has the function of extending the wrist and fingers. Yesterday, the doctors weren't able to understand if actually has been compromised but, between today and tomorrow, they'll certainly have an answer. Also, if the nerve has been damaged, recovery times could be very long.

Yesterday evening, Marc was optimistic on his social profiles and promised to return to racing soon. But when? It's practically certain that the world champion will have to miss the GP in Andalusia, scheduled in Jerez this Sunday, but there's hope for the GP in the Czech Republic on August 9th. Doctor Xavier Mir, who will perform the surgery tomorrow, told Radio Catalunya: “The goal is for him to return to Brno.This is a serious injury, and Jerez is out of the question. If the nerve has not been compromised, we can stabilize the fracture and Márquez will be able to return sooner."

And what if it were? "It would take three or four weeks longer," the doctor answered.

scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
7/20/2020 11:58am
he should have settled for good points after getting back to 3rd,

but he just sent it still, which is why he is so awesome to watch,

and can anyone remember the last time the top honda was 10th in a Motogp/500 GP race,

The Shop

motomike137
7/20/2020 12:08pm
On the second one he had both wheels down on the curb/paint and it seemed like once the front washed the rear just snapped out then hit the regular tarmac and caught. Im glad he isn't hurt much worse.
omalley
7/20/2020 1:41pm
On the second one he had both wheels down on the curb/paint and it seemed like once the front washed the rear just snapped out then...
On the second one he had both wheels down on the curb/paint and it seemed like once the front washed the rear just snapped out then hit the regular tarmac and caught. Im glad he isn't hurt much worse.
Agreed...that was a nasty highside.
kevinr
7/20/2020 2:57pm
Slow motion here

Nasty crash.
hamncheeze
7/20/2020 3:12pm
The craziest part of Marc's crash is that had the front wheel not tagged him, he might have got away with not too much damage. That super slow-mo from above shows how hard the front wheel hit his upper arm.
jjavaman
Fantasy
3765th
7/20/2020 6:40pm
That’s a high side from the 500 2t days!
Dust601
7/20/2020 11:54pm
Was a unreal ride from him. After that amazing save. Working through the pack like that against the absolute best in the entire world????? Was so bummed when he lost it after making it all the way back to 2nd. Can’t say it was exactly a surprise though. He was getting squirrelly on that exact turn the prior few laps, and that was the same turn he had the crazy save on before mounting his comeback.

When it comes to bikes all the best riders live, and learn from experiences like this though. Though sadly after learning we might not get another show like the one he put on before crashing.
PRM31
7/21/2020 5:26am
After growing up racing MX, and now doing track days on an R6, I can’t believe how talented MM93 really is. He has had a number of saves that defy belief. If you watch closely, he had many close calls when working through the pack this past weekend. The big challenge on pavement is managing the insane amount of grip. Getting the back out a little on corner entry isn’t so bad, but controlling how it hooks back up is much more critical than on dirt. If you haven’t tried a track day, and are looking for something a little easier on the body than MX, give it a try!
kage173
7/21/2020 10:53am
Marc's a savage.

I've been following an American kid that moved to Spain to go through the Spanish GP development program. It's crazy how big it is over there, how much moto they have, and how structured is. They just pump these rockstars out year after year.
andymoto
7/21/2020 2:29pm
Can't count how many times Marquez has made ridiculous save after save in MotoGP.

Thought Puig was a little salty on MotoGP that if Marc's not racing, won't be a real MotoGP champ crowned this yr.

BIGRIGGIN
7/21/2020 2:50pm
Sure was nice to see some MotoGP racing again after many years of no TV coverage. Marc and the HRC bike seem to be way ahead of everyone, hope he can make a smooth and quick recovery.
hamncheeze
7/21/2020 3:17pm
andymoto wrote:
Can't count how many times Marquez has made ridiculous save after save in MotoGP. Thought Puig was a little salty on MotoGP that if Marc's not...
Can't count how many times Marquez has made ridiculous save after save in MotoGP.

Thought Puig was a little salty on MotoGP that if Marc's not racing, won't be a real MotoGP champ crowned this yr.

Yes, I saw that quote and agree it is a bit sour grapes. Like any racing championship, you gotta be in it to win it. Honda has painted themselves into a bad spot with the bike right now, it is utterly amazing in Marc's hands but a total handful in anyone else's hands. Crutchlow got bit in warm up, and I think Alex Marquez is full-on scared of the bike. Look for Nakagami to likely be the top Honda again this weekend.
skypig
7/21/2020 3:45pm
Honda, amazingly, has become the “career killer” that Ducati once was.

I find it incredibly that a company like Honda can make a lemon that can’t be fixed for at least several seasons.
I think it demonstrates that there is some “art” to go with all the “science” of bike design.

An example of this is when many of the GP bikes (and Hondas first Alloy framed MX bikes) were too “stiff”.
jgmxdad251
7/21/2020 4:14pm
skypig wrote:
Honda, amazingly, has become the “career killer” that Ducati once was. I find it incredibly that a company like Honda can make a lemon that can’t...
Honda, amazingly, has become the “career killer” that Ducati once was.

I find it incredibly that a company like Honda can make a lemon that can’t be fixed for at least several seasons.
I think it demonstrates that there is some “art” to go with all the “science” of bike design.

An example of this is when many of the GP bikes (and Hondas first Alloy framed MX bikes) were too “stiff”.
Is it really a career killer if they win the championship every year? Márquez is just that good. He could probably win the championship on any bike in the paddock. Also I thought I read a story last year that stated he’s happy with the bike being hard to ride.
skypig
7/21/2020 4:38pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Is it really a career killer if they win the championship every year? Márquez is just that good. He could probably win the championship on any...
Is it really a career killer if they win the championship every year? Márquez is just that good. He could probably win the championship on any bike in the paddock. Also I thought I read a story last year that stated he’s happy with the bike being hard to ride.
MM93 is something special.
Like Casey Stoner was at Ducati... Then Honda.

I just see the comparison between some top riders going to Ducati and failing to perform at their previous level. The same seems to be happening at Honda. (Crutchlow to a degree. Lorenzo and jr Marquez for eg)
jgmxdad251
7/21/2020 5:41pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Is it really a career killer if they win the championship every year? Márquez is just that good. He could probably win the championship on any...
skypig wrote:
MM93 is something special. Like Casey Stoner was at Ducati... Then Honda. I just see the comparison between some top riders going to Ducati and failing...
MM93 is something special.
Like Casey Stoner was at Ducati... Then Honda.

I just see the comparison between some top riders going to Ducati and failing to perform at their previous level. The same seems to be happening at Honda. (Crutchlow to a degree. Lorenzo and jr Marquez for eg)
I hear what your saying. Alex wouldn’t be on that team if if wasn’t for his brother. When’s the last time a Moto2 champion has gone straight to a MotoGP factory team( it happens but not very often).Lorenzo never was going to adjust in one year (although I thought it might happen like at Ducati). Crutchlow said that at the beginning of last season. Speaking of Crutchlow, he’s probably the second fastest Honda rider and main test guy but, still has to find a ride for next year.
hamncheeze
7/21/2020 6:04pm
I mean, that Honda literally put Lorenzo into retirement. Now he's sniffing around for a Ducati comeback if you believe everything you read/listen to. And Lorenzo is not exactly chopped liver when it comes to getting a MotoGP bike around the circuits.
jgmxdad251
7/21/2020 8:34pm
hamncheeze wrote:
I mean, that Honda literally put Lorenzo into retirement. Now he's sniffing around for a Ducati comeback if you believe everything you read/listen to. And Lorenzo...
I mean, that Honda literally put Lorenzo into retirement. Now he's sniffing around for a Ducati comeback if you believe everything you read/listen to. And Lorenzo is not exactly chopped liver when it comes to getting a MotoGP bike around the circuits.
Imagine the year he would have had last year on a Ducati. 6 wins maybe? Who knows.
BMSOBx2
7/21/2020 10:11pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Marquez should be happy with it, it was built for him and his particular talents. Same with Stoners Ducati. Stoner doesn't get enough credit. Much like Marquez he had special talents and the bike built for him couldn't be ridden by others. Rossi tried Lorenzo tried but couldn't tame the Beast. I feel for crutchlow and the others trying to ride the Honda built to suit Marquez.
Motoxdoc
7/21/2020 10:50pm
Yikes! I'd say that crash was a bit more notable than the save. Holy crap that hurt just to watch!...his right humerus bouncing off his wheel then he rolled 3 or 4 or 5 times on it. That last roll you could clearly see his right humerus folding in the middle. Been there, done that; the humerus is the first bone I broke in 1982. Funny thing is, he probably barely felt it at the time. The body has an amazing way of naturally killing the pain by releasing endorphins and enkephalins.
skeef
Fantasy
1407th
7/22/2020 9:52am
jgmxdad251 wrote:
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Marquez should be happy with it, it was built for him and his particular talents. Same with Stoners Ducati. Stoner doesn't get enough credit. Much like...
Marquez should be happy with it, it was built for him and his particular talents. Same with Stoners Ducati. Stoner doesn't get enough credit. Much like Marquez he had special talents and the bike built for him couldn't be ridden by others. Rossi tried Lorenzo tried but couldn't tame the Beast. I feel for crutchlow and the others trying to ride the Honda built to suit Marquez.
The honda wasn't built for Marc, he is just the only one that can ride it. Also to jgmx that is very false.. If marc could ride any bike then why doesn't he do it? Just like pretty much every other champion in the sport. They look for the challenge of learning a new bike and winning on it. Just like when Rossi left honda for Yamaha the first time. Marc losses my respect in that aspect. Sure he is the FMOTP in motogp and a legend of the sport. But they guy has won 8 ships on the same bike. You want to go down in history like Rossi? Then go win a ship on something else...
7/22/2020 9:56am
jgmxdad251 wrote:
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Marquez should be happy with it, it was built for him and his particular talents. Same with Stoners Ducati. Stoner doesn't get enough credit. Much like...
skeef wrote:
The honda wasn't built for Marc, he is just the only one that can ride it. Also to jgmx that is very false.. If marc could...
The honda wasn't built for Marc, he is just the only one that can ride it. Also to jgmx that is very false.. If marc could ride any bike then why doesn't he do it? Just like pretty much every other champion in the sport. They look for the challenge of learning a new bike and winning on it. Just like when Rossi left honda for Yamaha the first time. Marc losses my respect in that aspect. Sure he is the FMOTP in motogp and a legend of the sport. But they guy has won 8 ships on the same bike. You want to go down in history like Rossi? Then go win a ship on something else...
Are you saying Doohan wasn’t any good either?

Post a reply to: Marc Marquez miracle save

The Latest