OSJ
11/11/2010 9:11am
looks like a heart rate monitor.
Fac528
11/11/2010 9:16am
Heart rate monitor..
SteveS
11/11/2010 9:16am
under the jersey elastic straps to hold the neck brace down.

The Shop

Blake
11/11/2010 9:18am
What for? Do you get tired in 45 Minutes? Yes? Out of shape. No? Good to go.

Kids like Adam C can bang motos till out of gas and not get tired. But to them, riding isnt a job..........yet.
OSJ
11/11/2010 9:24am
not sure who adam c is, but i am pretty sure he is not banging out motos as fast as Reed, and is he throwing aorund a 450?

and as for the out of gas thing, some of the guys cant even get a single outdoor moto out of a tank of gas, so that doesnt mean much.
tcannon521
Fantasy
1417th
11/11/2010 9:24am
Blake wrote:
What for? Do you get tired in 45 Minutes? Yes? Out of shape. No? Good to go. Kids like Adam C can bang motos till out...

Kids like Adam C can bang motos till out of gas and not get tired. But to them, riding isnt a job..........yet.
I bet Adam C uses one.

All trainers use them, it is a way to collect data.

My local gym even uses them in personal training sessions.....
OSJ
11/11/2010 9:25am
lots of people use them, i have one i used when training for a triathlon. it is good to watch you rate to keep you in the right spot or look at the data later on.
Fantasy
4452nd
11/11/2010 9:33am
are you talking about the strap at 20 sec? it holds down the neck brace
Blake
11/11/2010 9:40am
Blake wrote:
What for? Do you get tired in 45 Minutes? Yes? Out of shape. No? Good to go. Kids like Adam C can bang motos till out...

tcannon521 wrote:
I bet Adam C uses one. All trainers use them, it is a way to collect data. My local gym even uses them in personal training...
I bet Adam C uses one.

Most "Personal Trainers" at the gyms, should really get in shape before they call themselves a "trainer"

Leading by example so to speak.

I could see a runner wearing a heart rate moniter, but really.........if your heart is beating that fast riding a dirt bike, you're out of shape.

Blake
11/11/2010 9:40am
308 wrote:
are you talking about the strap at 20 sec? it holds down the neck brace [img]http://cache-images.pronto.com/thumb2.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.pronto.com%2Fimages%2Fproduction%2Fproducts%2F1f%2Fa4%2Fimag93eb560ab1186bf3216bff5107c4-1270037860_160x160.jpg&wmax=180&hmax=180&quality=80&bgcol=FFFFFF[/img]
are you talking about the strap at 20 sec? it holds down the neck brace
That would make some sense.
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
11/11/2010 10:05am
Blake wrote:

tcannon521 wrote:
I bet Adam C uses one. All trainers use them, it is a way to collect data. My local gym even uses them in personal training...
I bet Adam C uses one.

Blake wrote:
Most "Personal Trainers" at the gyms, should really get in shape before they call themselves a "trainer" Leading by example so to speak. I could see...
Most "Personal Trainers" at the gyms, should really get in shape before they call themselves a "trainer"

I could see a runner wearing a heart rate moniter, but really.........if your heart is beating that fast riding a dirt bike, you're out of shape.

BKiller
11/11/2010 10:37am
Blake wrote:
Most "Personal Trainers" at the gyms, should really get in shape before they call themselves a "trainer" Leading by example so to speak. I could see...

Ignorant statement of the day!!
Nielsen277
11/11/2010 10:43am
Blake wrote:

tcannon521 wrote:
I bet Adam C uses one.

Blake wrote:

It doesn't have anything to do with not being in shape assjack. Most people use them as a point of reference.

Killer Customz
11/11/2010 10:46am
Yes, those are the standard straps that come with the Alpinestar brace. There are little tabs on each side of the brace that each strap loops over to hold the brace in place. The are a great design because they're able to be worn under the jersey, with the brace over the jersey. They also keep the brace much more stable than the Leatt strap system, even though Alinestar offer one similar that is sold seperate.
zippy895
11/11/2010 10:53am
1 gear transmission ?lol
ya, he looked really uncomfortable on the green bikes.lol
Mikep147
11/11/2010 11:11am
Yes, those are the standard straps that come with the Alpinestar brace. There are little tabs on each side of the brace that each strap loops...
Yes, those are the standard straps that come with the Alpinestar brace. There are little tabs on each side of the brace that each strap loops over to hold the brace in place. The are a great design because they're able to be worn under the jersey, with the brace over the jersey. They also keep the brace much more stable than the Leatt strap system, even though Alinestar offer one similar that is sold seperate.
Yeah i worked at a dealer for over 10 years and the first time i seen a few of the top guys wearing these type of straps under there jerseys with there Leatt Brace i called them and they said they didnt have them but they were nothing more than womens hair bands in whatever color you chose.So i picked some up for a couple bucks and sure enough stretch them over each arm and it holds the brace and it is basically what A Star is selling for there brace here i see.
BDOG
11/11/2010 12:42pm
Blake wrote:

tcannon521 wrote:
I bet Adam C uses one.

Blake wrote:

dumb post of the year. You would be surprised how high your HR get's during a 15 minute AM moto. I consider myself in pretty good shape(for 38 and completed 3 rounds of P90X) and mine was taching 145-155
MX558
11/11/2010 3:56pm
tcannon521 wrote:
I bet Adam C uses one.

Blake wrote:

BDOG wrote:
dumb post of the year. You would be surprised how high your HR get's during a 15 minute AM moto. I consider myself in pretty good...
dumb post of the year. You would be surprised how high your HR get's during a 15 minute AM moto. I consider myself in pretty good shape(for 38 and completed 3 rounds of P90X) and mine was taching 145-155
mine averages about 130 or so but spiked to 225 during a crash. lol
kardy
11/11/2010 4:10pm
Blake wrote:

BDOG wrote:
dumb post of the year. You would be surprised how high your HR get's during a 15 minute AM moto. I consider myself in pretty good...
MX558 wrote:
If you guy's hr's are that low while riding MOTO, you ain't trying hard enough....
11/11/2010 4:38pm
The goal while training is to build you aerobic system so its so strong you can run a full moto with oxygen and the HRM gives you feedback on which system you are training. The other system is anaerobic (without O2) and you simply can't do a 45 min moto that way. They are a ton of guys who can go blazing fast for a few laps. and than, they are out of gas - O2. Thats because they are training the wrong system-anaerobic.
Its not rocket science, all professional endurance athletes use them.
DiIullo
11/11/2010 4:56pm
funny stuff most of yous....
bullpen58
11/11/2010 11:23pm
BDOG wrote:
MX558 wrote:
kardy wrote:
If you guy's hr's are that low while riding MOTO, you ain't trying hard enough....
No shiznit!!! I wear one all the time and when I ride, I average about 175 or 180 and peak at about 195 most of the time. I'm no Lance Armstrong but sweet Jesus, I can't imagine ANYONE not having their HR up over 160 on a mx track.
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
11/12/2010 1:23am
HAHAHA to the poster who said heart rate monitors are useless for moto...

One of my races was:

Time
2hrs 15min 21seconds

Calories

Max hr
Avg

just saying dude, ur not riding hard enough.
Jabjr222
11/12/2010 11:07am Edited Date/Time 11/12/2010 11:08am
Blake wrote:

I want to make for of you for that comment but wanted to ask first if you were suffering from any form of mental retardation.
mxxer126
11/12/2010 11:29am
"blake" has to be one of the dumbest mother fuckers on this board and that's a big task.
RedRider31
11/12/2010 11:51am
what part of the brace do those straps actually hook on to?

Post a reply to: Man Bras?

The Latest