Malcom's fitness

jeffro503
2/16/2020 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/16/2020 2:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Malcolm had me cheering for him hard this morning when I got a chance to watch the races. Wanted him to take 3rd so bad! But...
Malcolm had me cheering for him hard this morning when I got a chance to watch the races. Wanted him to take 3rd so bad! But on the fitness thing?? I think he's in great shape for a 20 min main , I think why he falls back a little bit here and there are just from little mistakes. couple 10th's here , 1/2 sec here , , little mistakes that just add up over 20mins. Maybe a " little bit " of a fitness issue , but I don't see him actually fading , I see little mistakes here and there , and needs to sharpen his race craft a bit. Just my opinion anyways.
He was struggling physically, which of course leads to mistakes.
plowboy
2/16/2020 2:21pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
Well....RC looks to be in his best shape ever!
mxmaniac wrote:
I wondered if RC has had the stomach surgery. He is looking fit.. A few friends have had it done and their lives are so much...
I wondered if RC has had the stomach surgery. He is looking fit.. A few friends have had it done and their lives are so much better now.
I doubt it. Ricky probably just finally had his fill of tasty but terrible food. There are ways to make "healthy" actually taste good...which leads to weight lose and still tongue pleasing.
plowboy
2/16/2020 2:28pm
Never once did I say Malcom was eating Doritos you dipshit. I made an observation and asked about Malcom's fitness as it appears to me he...

Never once did I say Malcom was eating Doritos you dipshit. I made an observation and asked about Malcom's fitness as it appears to me he can improve in that area. Next thing you know people are saying his fitness is fine, he knows what he's doing, it was arm pump, and I'm a keyboard warrior who doesn't know what I'm talking about, etc...

And then Malcom comes online and puts it to rest. It's his fucking fitness. I questioned it, he confirmed it. You don't have to like his very honest response in the video, but I do.

I think we all know fitness consists of many key components including rest and recovery, so you can save that for all the pro riders you train. You should start your own Aldon Baker factory if you haven't already.
Kyle978 wrote:
Confirmed, you're a fuckin' moron. I do work with Aldon and his guys with recovery products like Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Pulsed Electromagentic Field Therapy and Low...
Confirmed, you're a fuckin' moron.

I do work with Aldon and his guys with recovery products like Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Pulsed Electromagentic Field Therapy and Low Level Red Light Therapy.
Woah there partner. Bomber just said that there are many components to fitness. He didn't specify your methods but didn't disregard them either. Honestly, your stuff isn't out there enough for us common folks to comment on. Maybe you can enlighten us.
had2comment
2/16/2020 2:44pm
I love Mookie but he can lose some lb’s. He has to lose some of that muscle mass and increase his muscular endurance.

The Shop

mx 219
Fantasy
1150th
2/16/2020 5:21pm
Never once did I say Malcom was eating Doritos you dipshit. I made an observation and asked about Malcom's fitness as it appears to me he...

Never once did I say Malcom was eating Doritos you dipshit. I made an observation and asked about Malcom's fitness as it appears to me he can improve in that area. Next thing you know people are saying his fitness is fine, he knows what he's doing, it was arm pump, and I'm a keyboard warrior who doesn't know what I'm talking about, etc...

And then Malcom comes online and puts it to rest. It's his fucking fitness. I questioned it, he confirmed it. You don't have to like his very honest response in the video, but I do.

I think we all know fitness consists of many key components including rest and recovery, so you can save that for all the pro riders you train. You should start your own Aldon Baker factory if you haven't already.
Kyle978 wrote:
Confirmed, you're a fuckin' moron. I do work with Aldon and his guys with recovery products like Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Pulsed Electromagentic Field Therapy and Low...
Confirmed, you're a fuckin' moron.

I do work with Aldon and his guys with recovery products like Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, Pulsed Electromagentic Field Therapy and Low Level Red Light Therapy.
2/16/2020 5:25pm
Here’s a fun concept. It takes more energy to ride at a pace you are not used to and it’s hard to replicate that pace unless you are in it.

That was a building block race for him.
2/16/2020 7:01pm
The implication that Mookie has not worked hard enough is nonsense. Let's not forget that a few years back he got Rhabdomyolysis from over training. He is doing all he can. He is just a big kid who does not have a MX/SX body. Last night just before the Heat 1 gate drop, they zoomed in on Malcolm...elbows high ready to drop the clutch, and all I could think was there is not another rider on the gate with arms like that. Seriously...check out 36:54 on the NBC Gold replay....
TDeath21
2/16/2020 7:12pm
He likely knew he couldn’t hold the pace the entire time. But at this point it’s probably better experience to stick with them as long as you can and learn what it’ll take to snag a win. That’s better long term in my opinion than it would be to know your fitness isn’t there and settle from the start to secure, say, a top five. He didn’t appear to be riding over his head at all. He was comfortable with the pace. Just needs to improve that fitness a bit and he can be running with those guys on a more consistent basis. Was great to see a new face up there and I would love it if he made himself a permanent podium threat.
level
2/16/2020 7:13pm
Yeah nobody is saying he’s not fit. He’s just not as fit as a few other guys. That’s all. He gets the same fitness as the guys winning then he can win. His speed and talent is there. He just needs to be able to ride 20 minutes like he does the first 5. Again he is very fit. Just not enough to beat the more fit guys for now. That’s all. A 250f is much easier to ride then a 450 fitness wise.
2/16/2020 7:40pm
level wrote:
Yeah nobody is saying he’s not fit. He’s just not as fit as a few other guys. That’s all. He gets the same fitness as the...
Yeah nobody is saying he’s not fit. He’s just not as fit as a few other guys. That’s all. He gets the same fitness as the guys winning then he can win. His speed and talent is there. He just needs to be able to ride 20 minutes like he does the first 5. Again he is very fit. Just not enough to beat the more fit guys for now. That’s all. A 250f is much easier to ride then a 450 fitness wise.
Amazing some people don't get this isn't it?

Only a dipshit would assume we think a top rider like Malcom is sitting on the couch eating Doritos.
jemcee
2/16/2020 7:55pm
Has anyone mentioned adrenaline dump yet?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4000th
2/17/2020 4:44am
Any of you ever run top 3 at a national event? It’s very stressful and tiring when you’re not use to it. You’re holding your breath and in deep concentration and when your concentration gets broken it’s over with, you’re body and mind are both exhausted.

Renner153
Fantasy
3544th
2/17/2020 9:29am
While being at the race and pretty much having my eyes on Malcolm the entire time, I will give you my opinion. Looked to me like a case of "I got a start and running with guys that are faster than me so I held my breath for about 12 minutes". Mix that in with some of the deepest sand that took much more energy fighting through it than probably any other obstacle ever on a SX track. Yes, that kinda stuff will wear you out quickly. Let Mookie get up front 1-2 more times and run that pace, he will learn to breathe while up there and then might finish on the podium. Unless you are THE GUY, you rarely see a guy that is 5-10 range get a start and stay there. Heck, even AC cant do it, and he just came off winning an outdoor title. I guess hes out of shape. We see it all the time, even with guys like Roczen, Webb etc.

That sand section was gnarly and I would bet every rider that rode the track will tell you this was one of the most physically demanding sections. On top of that, Im pretty sure every rider there held on for dear life every time they hit the whoops.
yz133rider
2/17/2020 9:50am
Renner153 wrote:
While being at the race and pretty much having my eyes on Malcolm the entire time, I will give you my opinion. Looked to me like...
While being at the race and pretty much having my eyes on Malcolm the entire time, I will give you my opinion. Looked to me like a case of "I got a start and running with guys that are faster than me so I held my breath for about 12 minutes". Mix that in with some of the deepest sand that took much more energy fighting through it than probably any other obstacle ever on a SX track. Yes, that kinda stuff will wear you out quickly. Let Mookie get up front 1-2 more times and run that pace, he will learn to breathe while up there and then might finish on the podium. Unless you are THE GUY, you rarely see a guy that is 5-10 range get a start and stay there. Heck, even AC cant do it, and he just came off winning an outdoor title. I guess hes out of shape. We see it all the time, even with guys like Roczen, Webb etc.

That sand section was gnarly and I would bet every rider that rode the track will tell you this was one of the most physically demanding sections. On top of that, Im pretty sure every rider there held on for dear life every time they hit the whoops.
Very well said. Agreed 100% the point about even ac falling back, its more than just fitness. Its getting to the point where your more in control while maintaining that pace becomes less on the edge.
TSCHAM101
2/17/2020 10:34am
ElliotB16 wrote:
Is Friese out of shape too?? He dropped like a boat anchor
he was lucky to be racing.. did you see his yard sale through the sand section during qualifying? they had to replace everything that was attached to the sub frame.. he cartwheeled hard out of the sand... very similar to what A-ray did.
Brap!
2/17/2020 11:04am
He is noticeably larger and more muscular than the top guys. More muscle requires more oxygen and more work for the heart. He could be just as “fit” as the top guys, it’s just he has to expend more energy to do the same things.

In motocross/supercross you will almost always be at an advantage with a smaller frame.

Post a reply to: Malcom's fitness

The Latest