Malcom officially out for outdoors..

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
5/10/2018 9:20pm
level wrote:
Crazy to me a guy with that talent and speed can’t get on a team.
talent and speed are great, but you need heart really make it
TDeath21
5/11/2018 1:09am
What a shocking development! Never saw this coming!
Motofinne
5/11/2018 1:28am
Very disappointing. He does the same thing 3 years in a row. Well he will miss A1 in 2019 and be far from 100% in the fitness category.

I want to see a Mookie that comes into a full season with the proper preparation. I guess that will never happen, it's a shame.
5/11/2018 2:18am
What a joke! Get out there Malcolm, this is how you build up your base fitness ready for SX 2019 !

The Shop

js451
5/11/2018 5:18am
js451 wrote:
Im bummed. I really thought JGR would give him a ride outdoors as an investment in his preperation for 2019. Im worried for mookie now, if...
Im bummed. I really thought JGR would give him a ride outdoors as an investment in his preperation for 2019. Im worried for mookie now, if we dont see him on a bike outdoors there will be no 2019 offers
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Who's fault is that? He was offered an MCR Honda ride for SX 2018 and he ignored the situation. Went at it alone, Bogle got hurt...
Who's fault is that? He was offered an MCR Honda ride for SX 2018 and he ignored the situation. Went at it alone, Bogle got hurt and lucked in a JGR ride.

Why not go with the sure thing (MCR Honda) instead of going at it alone. It wasn't guaranteed that he was going to get a fill-in ride. Had he not got the fill-in ride I don't think he would of done the entire SX series on his own dime.

His results for the last couple outdoor seasons weren't that great so it's no surprise JGR didn't offer him a ride for the nationals. Who in their right mind would spend a whole bunch of money when he hasn't proved much outdoors. Spending a bunch of money for subpar results doesn't make any financial sense. He should invest in himself, prove his worth and then maybe he'll get a full time ride.

If he doesn't want to do outdoors that's his choice but if that's the case he should of taken the MCR Honda ride as he could of possibly secured a 2 year deal. Now he'll be in the same situation as he was at the end of last year. Searching for a ride but that's his problem. He put himself there once again.

As they say you're only as good as your last race. His last outdoor race was back in 2014.
Um yeah, I was just stating what I thought was going to happen with JGR and that as a fan, I am bummed. I have said before that Mookie has made some terrible decisions and needs some sort of managerial figure that isn't his Dad . So not really sure what or who your replying to, but good talk.
Turbojez
5/11/2018 5:29am
agn5009 wrote:
It surprises me that people are surprised he's not racing.
X2.
It surprises me even more how much people care.
Some people need to aknowledge, that there is a pretty big probability MS will never become a legendary top rider. He probably doesn't give a flying fuck about it anyway. James had to become the best, it was the entire family on his shoulders at some point. Malcolm is talented, but he'll never ever have that motivation to go all in.
5/11/2018 5:31am
Meanwhile hes going to be on a boat fishing with his friends possibly making more money with less chance of injury for SX in 19. Id love to see him out there too and I believe he should be out there(MX) but I cant nock him with his ability to make money with fishing. I had no idea professional fishing was actually a thing until I watched some videos online..amazing.

Not like he had a Fox gear deal making 100k per win either.
5/11/2018 7:23am
level wrote:
talent and speed are great, but you need heart really make it
Or maybe it's a management or agent problem. Is his mom and pop still pulling all the stops? Whoever it is hasn't been getting the job done over the last few years now IMO.
BobKerr
5/11/2018 7:41am
Sideways wrote:
Yes i have and many many others aswell. Its called investing in yourself or your own company. Thats what you have to do if you want...
Yes i have and many many others aswell. Its called investing in yourself or your own company. Thats what you have to do if you want to succeed.
but Malcolm gets paid so this whole argument is a moot point.
Sideways wrote:
He DID get paid. He has no employment this summer right? In that case he has to invest in himself and get out there and show...
He DID get paid. He has no employment this summer right? In that case he has to invest in himself and get out there and show his worth. Many riders have done that, Barcia and Wilson just to name two. I love Malcolm, but to be honest it feels like he just doesnt want to do the outdoors. And thats ok. But dont expect to get a factory ride.
Bowers did it on his own too at the start of this SX season, then got the fill ride at factory Kawi after Grant got hurt. I doubt Bowers would have gotten that fill in ride if he was riding the couch at the start of the SX season.
5/11/2018 7:56am
but Malcolm gets paid so this whole argument is a moot point.
Sideways wrote:
He DID get paid. He has no employment this summer right? In that case he has to invest in himself and get out there and show...
He DID get paid. He has no employment this summer right? In that case he has to invest in himself and get out there and show his worth. Many riders have done that, Barcia and Wilson just to name two. I love Malcolm, but to be honest it feels like he just doesnt want to do the outdoors. And thats ok. But dont expect to get a factory ride.
BobKerr wrote:
Bowers did it on his own too at the start of this SX season, then got the fill ride at factory Kawi after Grant got hurt...
Bowers did it on his own too at the start of this SX season, then got the fill ride at factory Kawi after Grant got hurt. I doubt Bowers would have gotten that fill in ride if he was riding the couch at the start of the SX season.
A lot of guys in here thinking its so easy to just ride a season on your own....do you guys realize to ride a full season on your own cost upwards if a $100,000 dollars?

With that being said, preparation and the stress that goes along with that makes it virtually impossible to be competitve unless you hire a team and that takes another $45,000 or so. Going at it alone is a very unreasonable decision for a young man with a such high expectations. Its almost easier to ride as a underrated prvateer than js7 brother.

I think Malcolm should have ridden outdoors and he has had a couple of offers to help make that happen. It's his decision to turn to take the low road less traveled. Albiet a very bad decision but his nonetheless. I honesty think he is a better mxer than sxer so it would have been nice to see him on a jgr bike for the remainder of the year.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/11/2018 8:07am
level wrote:
He was offered a bonus only ride and turned it down
Phantom 661
5/11/2018 8:09am
What? Mookie gonna take his marbles and go fishing? I'm shocked!
Seriously, I, like others here, believe that if he really wanted to race the nationals he would've been focusing 100% on full time racing. It's fine with me. Hope he enjoys his summer whatever he's got planned.
davistld01
5/11/2018 8:12am
GuyB wrote:
I think you can translate that as Bogle will be ready for the start of the outdoor season.
Bingo! I'd all but forgotten about Bogle. Shame.
tek14
5/11/2018 8:40am
level wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
If you agree "Bonus only" contract how much that will bring if you have normal season 5-10 overall versus getting normal payroll? I would think if rider takes risk but delivers that should multiple his income?
Knobbyjake
5/11/2018 8:48am
What the hell is a "Mookie" anyway? If his nickname was Boogie he'd have much more drive. Cool
bents
Fantasy
909th
5/11/2018 9:06am
level wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
I had a two time Olympic weightlifter give me one sentence that sums up everything that we do (or don't do). "If it's important to you, you'll do it." At any level, with anything, period. It isn't that important to him to do it. Obviously he can afford not to do it. Hey, whatever floats (pun not intended) his boat. Guys still fall all over him when his entire body of work at a professional level is average. Yes he has a regional 250SX title, I know. But other than that, he is what he is-not what people think he could be. Flashes of speed, yes. Consistency at a high level? Not so much. His results speak to his preparation. He clearly relies on his talent level. And he has a high talent level no doubt and it exciting to watch. If I was a sponsor and I didn't care at all about results he would be a fantastic hire. Great guy, personable, and has those flashes here and there.

Wilson would have grabbed the offer UpTiTe speaks to in a heartbeat. Look where he is now.
jeffro503
5/11/2018 9:15am
Meanwhile hes going to be on a boat fishing with his friends possibly making more money with less chance of injury for SX in 19. Id...
Meanwhile hes going to be on a boat fishing with his friends possibly making more money with less chance of injury for SX in 19. Id love to see him out there too and I believe he should be out there(MX) but I cant nock him with his ability to make money with fishing. I had no idea professional fishing was actually a thing until I watched some videos online..amazing.

I wonder how much money he can make doing the bass fishing thing? I'd rather see him doing the nationals , and could see it helping tremendously on getting a good ride for SX 2019. But I get it......if his heart aint into it , why do it?
rdrurypi
5/11/2018 9:47am
level wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Do you know if his fill in ride at JGR for SX was a paid gig or just bonus plus purse? I would think James SR is old school and would want Malcom to race outdoors. Im actually surprised that he turned down a bonus only deal. I figure it was Roger Larsen that keeps his mind away from the outdoors. It's a shame he keeps shooting himself in the foot.
kongols
5/11/2018 10:21am
You guys taking it too personal.
numba1 fan
5/11/2018 10:31am
This guy shoots himself in the foot each year. I bet he could find a ride on a smaller team of some sort but based on the Pulp interview with him it sounds like he is unwilling to part with his personal sponsors. If a team is running a certain gear sponsor, he is unwilling to change from seven gear and ultimately this is why he continues to be left with no options.

Honestly though he should be on Webb's bike as a fill in over Alex Ray.
MelonFan123
5/11/2018 11:35am
UpTiTe wrote:
Interesting. Care to elaborate on the team?

I wonder if it was the equipment and/or level of support or maybe gear conflict..or simply about the money? He's said he won't go anywhere that has team gear deals. Staying loyal to Seven.
newmann
5/11/2018 12:05pm
Meanwhile hes going to be on a boat fishing with his friends possibly making more money with less chance of injury for SX in 19. Id...

jeffro503 wrote:
I wonder how much money he can make doing the bass fishing thing? I'd rather see him doing the nationals , and could see it helping...
I wonder how much money he can make doing the bass fishing thing? I'd rather see him doing the nationals , and could see it helping tremendously on getting a good ride for SX 2019. But I get it......if his heart aint into it , why do it?
I wonder how much money he can make doing the bass fishing thing?

I wonder how much money he can spend doing the bass fishing thing?

That's a pretty popular sport here in Texas. Some money to be made, but a whole lot of money goes into it as well.
Motofinne
5/12/2018 1:50am
Please Mookie if you read this. Pick up the phone and call Rockstar Husqvarna asap.
tek14
5/12/2018 11:20am
Motofinne wrote:
Please Mookie if you read this. Pick up the phone and call Rockstar Husqvarna asap.
JGR gave him practice bike to playride.. hands are tied Smile
5/12/2018 11:30am
Maybe he should follow Brayton's lead, go ride the Aussie SX series this summer, make a few bucks and then come in prepared for US supercross...
Maybe he should follow Brayton's lead, go ride the Aussie SX series this summer, make a few bucks and then come in prepared for US supercross in 19.

Clearly he wanted the JGR fill in for outdoors and it just didn't work out.
You think he could top 5 an Aussie SX?
APLMAN99
5/12/2018 1:07pm
Maybe he should follow Brayton's lead, go ride the Aussie SX series this summer, make a few bucks and then come in prepared for US supercross...
Maybe he should follow Brayton's lead, go ride the Aussie SX series this summer, make a few bucks and then come in prepared for US supercross in 19.

Clearly he wanted the JGR fill in for outdoors and it just didn't work out.
You think he could top 5 an Aussie SX?
I'd bet he'd be in the top 5 every race barring being taken out in the first turn, mechanical, etc. Probably finish on the podium most of the races.
5/13/2018 11:11am
GuyB wrote:
I think you can translate that as Bogle will be ready for the start of the outdoor season.
For probably all of 6 minutes.

This is probably a budget issue for JGR. Cant fault them or Malcolm for treating this like a business.

Malcolm just needs to stay ready. Bogle will be back on the couch soon enough.
line-up
5/13/2018 12:43pm
Looks like he'll be doing a few races in Europe and the Tokyo SX
5/13/2018 1:30pm
line-up wrote:
Looks like he'll be doing a few races in Europe and the Tokyo SX
MXGP races ? that would be cool
BikerScars
5/13/2018 4:27pm
This bumms me out. moto is a better sport when the Stewarts are racing.

He has massive talent, but if he is not driven to constantly be in peak physical condition, he is not going to be given rides. Get in shape, get a box van, race the first 2 races, finish top 10.... I would bet a weeks pay, he would have a ride.
Life is ALWAYS not about what you have done, but what you can do now.

Wishing him health and speed. I am a Malcom fan! JS too.

Post a reply to: Malcom officially out for outdoors..

The Latest