Malcolm on Honda 450 for Nationals?

wasummer46
In today's observations on RacerX

Matthes writes ;

"- Speaking of the Nationals, rumors are that Malcolm Stewart is going to ride the first two rounds on a Honda 450. Stay tuned for more."

Anyone else heard anything regarding him riding the Honda 450?
|
DF313
Fantasy
2455th
4/26/2017 9:01am
That would be interesting, they brought up the nationals on the Pulp MX show this week and Malcom made no illusion to having anything at all in line to do nationals.
JB151MX
4/26/2017 9:10am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2017 9:11am
I would say with millsaps sitting... It would be more likely he rides for the butler bro's... Who knows he could already be testing....
RG1
4/26/2017 9:11am
JB151MX wrote:
I would say with millsaps sitting... It would be more likely he rides for the butler bro's... Who knows he could already be testing....
Bloss will take Milsaps place
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/26/2017 9:15am
JB151MX wrote:
Sponsor conflicts with Seven, Shoei and Oakley.

The Shop

JB151MX
4/26/2017 9:37am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2017 9:38am
JB151MX wrote:
ML512 wrote:
This is a serious question i would never troll you! But how hard would it be, if possible to change the gear and helmet deal? For mookie to ride a Seven RmKtm... Rocky mountain doesn't sell seven gear? Plus there's the whole being from Fl and the stews and butler bro's know each other.... Anyhow would it possible for him to be a one off of the main sponsors?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/26/2017 9:39am
JB151MX wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Bloss is already slated to ridea 450 for them.
JB151MX
4/26/2017 9:44am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2017 9:45am
JB151MX wrote:
RG1 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
As ML stated... Which i was aware of but canard is hurt now and factory ktm and rmktm work very close so there is some posiible scenario's that are going over ur head. Btw last time i checked i don't have a leash on u so no need to follow me around... Js
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/26/2017 9:44am
JB151MX wrote:
ML512 wrote:
JB151MX wrote:
This is a serious question i would never troll you! But how hard would it be, if possible to change the gear and helmet deal? For...
This is a serious question i would never troll you! But how hard would it be, if possible to change the gear and helmet deal? For mookie to ride a Seven RmKtm... Rocky mountain doesn't sell seven gear? Plus there's the whole being from Fl and the stews and butler bro's know each other.... Anyhow would it possible for him to be a one off of the main sponsors?
Weston Powersports (Fly) is one of the team's main backers as an associate sponsor...Scott is a main sponsor too.
4/26/2017 9:49am
Why not put him on the Red Bull KTM ?
JB151MX
4/26/2017 9:49am
ML512 wrote:
JB151MX wrote:
This is a serious question i would never troll you! But how hard would it be, if possible to change the gear and helmet deal? For...
ML512 wrote:
Weston Powersports (Fly) is one of the team's main backers as an associate sponsor...Scott is a main sponsor too.
Ty for ur insight OG... Triple OG
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
4/26/2017 9:51am
JB151MX wrote:
ML512 wrote:
So you're saying there's a chance..... for the Honda deal? Wink
mx_563
4/26/2017 9:56am
JB151MX wrote:
I'm not trying to be a smartass here....these are just my thoughts...

1) Fill-in rides don't pay well and Mookie's tryina make dem ends. Personal endorsement deals is all he's got at the moment. So even if it were easy to change Mookie's deals, it would still have to be worth his while to do so. I'm not sure that RM's team gear deals would be as good for Mook ($$$) as his personal deals are.

2) Factory KTM parts! Yes, that is a nice benefit but unless BBMX also has a magic elixir that would allow Mookie to be fit for (30+2)x2, I don't think the Factory parts are going to be enough to put Mook up front. Just my $0.02

3) Just because the Butlers and the Stewarts are from Florida, doesn't mean they are tight. There's a generation gap there too so it's not like the Stewarts grew up racing with the Butlers. Matt Boni and Jason Thomas are both Florida boys but they weren't exactly best friends.
JB151MX
4/26/2017 10:08am Edited Date/Time 4/26/2017 10:10am
JB151MX wrote:
mx_563 wrote:
I'm not trying to be a smartass here....these are just my thoughts... 1) Fill-in rides don't pay well and Mookie's tryina make dem ends. Personal endorsement...
I'm not trying to be a smartass here....these are just my thoughts...

1) Fill-in rides don't pay well and Mookie's tryina make dem ends. Personal endorsement deals is all he's got at the moment. So even if it were easy to change Mookie's deals, it would still have to be worth his while to do so. I'm not sure that RM's team gear deals would be as good for Mook ($$$) as his personal deals are.

2) Factory KTM parts! Yes, that is a nice benefit but unless BBMX also has a magic elixir that would allow Mookie to be fit for (30+2)x2, I don't think the Factory parts are going to be enough to put Mook up front. Just my $0.02

3) Just because the Butlers and the Stewarts are from Florida, doesn't mean they are tight. There's a generation gap there too so it's not like the Stewarts grew up racing with the Butlers. Matt Boni and Jason Thomas are both Florida boys but they weren't exactly best friends.
Great points! Totally understand what ur saying.... I was thinking maybe ride the bike for free and keep all of his endorsements type deal u know?

Ok great Boni story about some woods racing... There's a certain guy down in Fl who has run shit here for over the last ten year's, him and boni fight over the same chick!!!! Lmao the real woods rider was literally trying take boni out everywhere!!! It was epic! Boni's punk butt stopped mid race and went crying to the officials!!! Lmao wonder who got the girl that night! True story!!!!
IceMan446
4/26/2017 10:16am
DF313 wrote:
That would be interesting, they brought up the nationals on the Pulp MX show this week and Malcom made no illusion to having anything at all...
That would be interesting, they brought up the nationals on the Pulp MX show this week and Malcom made no illusion to having anything at all in line to do nationals.
He did say he would be willing to do a fill in roll, so riding the first two would allow teams to see how he can do and give them a chance to evaluate him

Smart move I think.

Also, probably gets to ride the bike James will ride at the MEC to see how it stacks up against the other bikes.
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
4/26/2017 10:18am
For some reason this thread reminds of the Medevac helecopter joke in the mookie drone thread.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
4/26/2017 10:19am
RG1 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
JB151MX wrote:
As ML stated... Which i was aware of but canard is hurt now and factory ktm and rmktm work very close so there is some posiible...
As ML stated... Which i was aware of but canard is hurt now and factory ktm and rmktm work very close so there is some posiible scenario's that are going over ur head. Btw last time i checked i don't have a leash on u so no need to follow me around... Js
Dude seriously, STFU. I wasn't replying to you, I was replying to RG1. No, there's no scenario going over my head about this team
4/26/2017 12:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2017 12:01pm
526 wrote:
Why not put him on the Red Bull KTM ?
They haven't had a fill in rider for Canard at any point this year, and if its just a collarbone injury for Trey it shouldn't take that long to heal. So why waste the time/resources to only have Malcolm ride a few rounds?
Sodipop
4/26/2017 12:04pm
They have two riders already and both are title contenders. On top of that they have baggett on the same bike.

They don't need a fill in
aeffertz
4/26/2017 12:11pm Edited Date/Time 4/26/2017 12:18pm
Geico 450, perhaps? I know they wanted to put that ride together for him earlier but couldn't end up swinging it. But since it's only a couple rounds and seeing as how they are doing the 450 program next year for J-Mart.... Maybe?

Cant see HRC signing him for just a couple rounds. MCR?

The tweet said Honda guys, why are you talking about KTM's?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/26/2017 12:14pm
aeffertz wrote:
Geico 450, perhaps? I know they wanted to put that ride together for him earlier but couldn't end up swinging it. But since it's only a...
Geico 450, perhaps? I know they wanted to put that ride together for him earlier but couldn't end up swinging it. But since it's only a couple rounds and seeing as how they are doing the 450 program next year for J-Mart.... Maybe?

Nope.
Sodipop
4/26/2017 12:16pm
It would be great if it was with James. Just saw that tickle broke his wrist. Factory Suzuki open spot.

I think it's important for Malcolm's career that he doesn't take time off right now.
JB151MX
4/26/2017 12:19pm
aeffertz wrote:
Geico 450, perhaps? I know they wanted to put that ride together for him earlier but couldn't end up swinging it. But since it's only a...

Mookie would give them the finger, unless the money was stupid lol. Saying that mook represented honda well on lucas oil and geico, now with factory Honda's two main guy's hurt. Well it makes sense!
beamer
4/26/2017 12:20pm
So what exactly is up with Millsaps? I'm assuming injury but I thought he was to run the nationals thus why he isn't returning to Canada.
JB151MX
4/26/2017 12:21pm
Sodipop wrote:
It would be great if it was with James. Just saw that tickle broke his wrist. Factory Suzuki open spot. I think it's important for Malcolm's...
It would be great if it was with James. Just saw that tickle broke his wrist. Factory Suzuki open spot.

I think it's important for Malcolm's career that he doesn't take time off right now.
Yes the yng brother needs to be racing!!! Not fishing! U got retirement for that mookie! Get to work and show these boy's what's up!
JB151MX
4/26/2017 12:22pm
beamer wrote:
So what exactly is up with Millsaps? I'm assuming injury but I thought he was to run the nationals thus why he isn't returning to Canada.
One hand jacked and the other arm his wrist is wrecked
PTshox
4/26/2017 12:29pm
He will be Bass fishing most likely. Outdoors = work.
Tuna
4/26/2017 12:38pm
beamer wrote:
Getting surgery, has some broken bones in his hand. They are pretty beat.
Tuna
4/26/2017 12:39pm
PTshox wrote:
He will be Bass fishing most likely. Outdoors = work.
He worked last year and made some bank on a no salary deal.
4/26/2017 12:46pm
Tuna wrote:
He worked last year and made some bank on a no salary deal.
I don't think he was talking about Millsaps, this thread is about Malcolm
kiwifan
4/26/2017 12:55pm
aeffertz wrote:

ML512 wrote:
Nope.
yeah I agree I think the bridge with Geico was burnt a long time ago.... imho

Post a reply to: Malcolm on Honda 450 for Nationals?

The Latest