Malcolm Stewart's blessing in the sky references

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 5/3/2016 9:08am
First off the only person with more personality in an interview is James Stewart. I rate their infectious smiles as dead even. Fan of both brothers although it took years for me to warm up to James. I started off on tbe James bandwagon but rough riding had me jump off but I digress.

I heard Mookie say blessing in the sky twice and checked to see if I had missed a new addition to the vernacular. Slight age difference :-) between Malcolm and I plus since I know I'm not hip I checked the Internets this morning to see what's up before drawing any conclusions.

Mookie is actually butchering blessing in disquise but he's not alone apparently.

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/mispron.html
|
Frodad78
5/2/2016 1:50pm
Its just one of the "French Benefits" of leading the points...
JB 19
5/2/2016 1:54pm
Either way, it looks like he's going to win the championchip.
brimx153
5/2/2016 2:02pm
It will be something his been dealing with injury wise then miss outdoors . I hope not and I have no evidence either just have a feeling . I also see James being struck with some sort of illness a few rounds into the outdoors . Again I hope not .I hope he comes in fit and wins races and the championship . But the way things have gone .if he does more than 5 races I ll be surprised and happy

The Shop

tprice07
5/2/2016 2:12pm
brimx153 wrote:
It will be something his been dealing with injury wise then miss outdoors . I hope not and I have no evidence either just have a...
It will be something his been dealing with injury wise then miss outdoors . I hope not and I have no evidence either just have a feeling . I also see James being struck with some sort of illness a few rounds into the outdoors . Again I hope not .I hope he comes in fit and wins races and the championship . But the way things have gone .if he does more than 5 races I ll be surprised and happy
He will race Redbull Straight Rhythm. I don't see him racing outdoors.
Dezerted
5/2/2016 2:21pm
brimx153 wrote:
It will be something his been dealing with injury wise then miss outdoors . I hope not and I have no evidence either just have a...
Wth are you talking about?
mx_563
5/2/2016 2:23pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught this.

What also bugs me is when they are being interviewed and don't look at Jenny at all. Like she is just a robot reciting words to which they will repond however they want. Make eye contact at least for a second!!! A beautiful woman is talking to you....at least pretend to be normal/respectful and look at her as she is talking to you. Sheesh! You can then look into the camera as you answer the question.

I'm expecting big things from the Orange Brigade kids, considering that they actually get some exposure to "good interviews 101" through the camps and Weigandt and whatnot.

h&m_cycle
5/2/2016 2:23pm
I can't be a fan of any rider that,
in his prime...
at the top of his game...
Ducks the nationals...
Jeremy Included... ever...

I don't know if he actually said it, but from Roger: "Half the races, should be half the pay"...

TeamGreen
5/2/2016 2:52pm
Malcolm's winning "his way". His shouts out to his brother and his family and his "boys" at home...

All of it: Positive and Effective.

I'll take that ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Some of you seem to need to go out of your way to find something negative.

That says a lot about you & you should look in to that.

Remember when you were a kid and you enjoyed Moto?
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
5/2/2016 3:13pm
Wondered if anyone else caught that. I freakin' love those malapropisms. Imagine his face when he got back to the rig and someone told him what he just said in front of the TV audience. Oh well, live and learn.

It will be interesting to see if he continues to use it.
newmann
5/2/2016 3:14pm
The Rock wrote:
First off the only person with more personality in an interview is James Stewart. I rate their infectious smiles as dead even. Fan of both brothers...
First off the only person with more personality in an interview is James Stewart. I rate their infectious smiles as dead even. Fan of both brothers although it took years for me to warm up to James. I started off on tbe James bandwagon but rough riding had me jump off but I digress.

I heard Mookie say blessing in the sky twice and checked to see if I had missed a new addition to the vernacular. Slight age difference :-) between Malcolm and I plus since I know I'm not hip I checked the Internets this morning to see what's up before drawing any conclusions.

Mookie is actually butchering blessing in disquise but he's not alone apparently.

http://grammar.yourdictionary.com/style-and-usage/mispron.html
Better watch it or you'll get knocked into Bolivia.
peelout
5/2/2016 4:17pm
mx_563 wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught this. What also bugs me is when they are being interviewed and don't look at Jenny at...

What also bugs me is when they are being interviewed and don't look at Jenny at all. Like she is just a robot reciting words to which they will repond however they want. Make eye contact at least for a second!!! A beautiful woman is talking to you....at least pretend to be normal/respectful and look at her as she is talking to you. Sheesh! You can then look into the camera as you answer the question.

I'm expecting big things from the Orange Brigade kids, considering that they actually get some exposure to "good interviews 101" through the camps and Weigandt and whatnot.

if Jenny were interviewing me i'd be a bumbling fool trying to tuck it in the waist band without letting on what was happening
Camp332
5/2/2016 5:35pm
peelout wrote:
if Jenny were interviewing me i'd be a bumbling fool trying to tuck it in the waist band without letting on what was happening
"Boner in the sky"?
The Rock
5/2/2016 5:51pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Malcolm's winning "his way". His shouts out to his brother and his family and his "boys" at home... All of it: Positive and Effective. I'll take...
Malcolm's winning "his way". His shouts out to his brother and his family and his "boys" at home...

I am not a fan of negativity either.

My intention was definitely not to be negative. Reading my post for the second time it is pretty observational and nobody else piled on either IMO.

I know one guy in his fifties that murders expressions constantly. Malcolm isn't the first and won't be the last to use an expression a little off the mark.

newmann
5/2/2016 5:57pm
brimx153 wrote:
Dezerted wrote:
Wth are you talking about?
He doesn't know all the words.....yet.

https://youtu.be/xLd22ha_-VU
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
5/2/2016 6:02pm
I remember around Circus 1999 there was this guy that said the same thing. Worst case Ontario they're still thanking someone up there. It's better than "can't thank"ing someone.....
5/2/2016 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2016 6:22pm
Frodad78 wrote:
Its just one of the "French Benefits" of leading the points...
What do you expect from a "pre-madonna"?

I'm always for Malcolm. When he was on 60's at LL's, I watched one moto at the fence beside his mother. I asked her if it was hard on Malcolm being the younger brother of James and people's expectations for him. She said Malcolm was one of the most laid back kids she had ever seen. He did not care what people thought about him.

Kind of off topic, but I laugh every time I see this video.

https://www.instagram.com/p/zTi1-aN90O/?taken-by=malcolmstewart
bob567
5/2/2016 6:31pm
So what if these guys can't speak? They are god damn american hero's to me for what they do on the track. Leave it at that. I so wish the broadcast crew could come up with something intellectual or entertaining instead of interviewing the riders. They can't. That is were the problem is. Want some fun? Lets have the riders interview the monster girls or the announcing crew asking anything they want live on tv with zero prep. Make them run around the stadium first of course.
jmx411
5/2/2016 7:33pm
mx_563 wrote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that caught this. What also bugs me is when they are being interviewed and don't look at Jenny at...

Go back and look at Tomac's interview, he was starring deep into her eyes like he was about to put one on her. I felt awkward watching it. It almost made me wonder if they shared a room in the NYC skyline the night before.
jeffro503
5/2/2016 7:39pm
mx_563 wrote:

I'm glad someone else finally said this. James and Malcolm both do not ever look at the person who is interviewing them. They are the only ones I see that do it every single time. Not to bag on either one of them , but it's a lack of respect thing.
fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
5/2/2016 7:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/2/2016 8:01pm
I was thinking that one through as well. It's not a blessing in disguise because in both cases the blessing was apparent so ... his blessing in the sky comment is supposed to mean blessed from above or something? Anyway, he coined it and he's the points leader so I think that one will live on here at vital. Jenny Taft is a blessing in the sky so there was a connection.
tunedlength
5/2/2016 8:07pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Malcolm's winning "his way". His shouts out to his brother and his family and his "boys" at home... All of it: Positive and Effective. I'll take...

The Rock wrote:
I am not a fan of negativity either. My intention was definitely not to be negative. Reading my post for the second time it is pretty...
I am not a fan of negativity either.

My intention was definitely not to be negative. Reading my post for the second time it is pretty observational and nobody else piled on either IMO.

I know one guy in his fifties that murders expressions constantly. Malcolm isn't the first and won't be the last to use an expression a little off the mark.

Actually I am 60 now so your point is mute.
jemcee
5/2/2016 8:16pm
Moot! You're as bad as Mookie. Just kidding!
Not that it adds anything but in Australia, moot said like foot is slang for a vagina haha and it's my favourite..
Which is why I took this photo

Post a reply to: Malcolm Stewart's blessing in the sky references

The Latest