Malcolm Stewart to RedBull KTM?

Buzzard167
10/7/2020 12:28pm
Yeah Osborne, AC, Musquin, Tomac, Baggett, Barcia all opted out of the outdoors, eh?
Im sorry maybe I missed something but arent those dudes on teams that actually race outdoor races? What bike was Malcolm going to ride? MCR doesnt...
Im sorry maybe I missed something but arent those dudes on teams that actually race outdoor races? What bike was Malcolm going to ride? MCR doesnt do outdoors and haven't you seen how financially/logistically draining it is on privateers to get to races? So comparing those riders to Stewart is apples to oranges.
LOL I’m pretty sure the Stewart’s could make it to a national or two if they wanted to.
theToothPerry
10/7/2020 12:35pm
Buzzard167 wrote:
LOL I’m pretty sure the Stewart’s could make it to a national or two if they wanted to.
The dude is riding bikes that are years old. Why do you think that is? Im sure he doesn't prefer 2017 equipment.
Buzzard167
10/7/2020 12:46pm
Buzzard167 wrote:
The dude is riding bikes that are years old. Why do you think that is? Im sure he doesn't prefer 2017 equipment.
To cause a ruckus on Instagram and have people start dumb ass threads like this, that’s why he’s riding three year old bikes on the internet. There is a local guy around here who’s a landscaper and quality’s for 3 nationals a year. You’re telling me a guy with stake in a motocross apparel company and plenty of industry connections can’t get a bike or two and race a few nationals?
10/7/2020 12:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2020 12:48pm
Yeah Osborne, AC, Musquin, Tomac, Baggett, Barcia all opted out of the outdoors, eh?
Im sorry maybe I missed something but arent those dudes on teams that actually race outdoor races? What bike was Malcolm going to ride? MCR doesnt...
Im sorry maybe I missed something but arent those dudes on teams that actually race outdoor races? What bike was Malcolm going to ride? MCR doesnt do outdoors and haven't you seen how financially/logistically draining it is on privateers to get to races? So comparing those riders to Stewart is apples to oranges.
You obviously missed the post that I replied to..

He said "most riders opt out of the outdoor nationals anyways for injuries". But I listed six factory riders who have raced every round and are clearly not opting out.

My post had nothing to do with Malcolm in particular, just pointing out how wrong that guy is.

The Shop

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1978th
10/7/2020 1:13pm
Webb also commented teammates on AP7s post before he went KTM..these guys are just having fun
10/7/2020 1:32pm
Buzzard167 wrote:
What’s wrong with mookie riding different older bikes? Maybe just to have fun? I do it all the time. But he does need to race outdoors to get a big contract I would guess. Ktm is “ready to race” not “ready to race sometimes”
deluxeman
10/7/2020 1:45pm
Mookie is fun to watch, he can be fast and has a great personality. But hiring him is like dating a girl just because she has big boobs but has bad personality. It sure is fun for awhile but then you realize there just isn't enough there to make you want to keep her.

Motoconcepts seemed like a great fit. SX only, really good equipment and he had good results. Mookie isn't a title contender, he can't demand big $$$ and factory bikes, especially only riding SX.

I hope he ends up somewhere on a decent bike.
RalphS
10/7/2020 2:26pm
Pretty sure they sit out half the year because their team is SX only.
You mean the team Malcom was on the last two years? Ohhhhh
Yes, the same Team and he screwed that up to. I love watching the guy and MotoConcepts seemed to be an amazing fit since they are...
Yes, the same Team and he screwed that up to. I love watching the guy and MotoConcepts seemed to be an amazing fit since they are SX only with great equipment. The reality is Malcolm appears to be on the same level as Barcia/Wilson/Anderson/Musquin and he showed that in SX this year when he put in the effort. What high level Team wants a guy doing SX only other than MotoConcepts and they only don't do outdoors because Tony and Mike are babies about the lasergate garbage. Malcolm should have figured out a way to stay there. He will end up on another "second tier" Team and never achieve what he could have....and that's OK. Just stop defending him like he's a victim.
I agree with your post but differ when you put him in the same sentence with Wilson, Anderson, Barcia or Musquin. Malcolm is clearly subpar compared to 3 of them and even Wilson has 2 450SX podiums in the last 3 seasons plus a handful of outdoor podiums w/Husky.
stremme12
Fantasy
3700th
10/7/2020 2:37pm
agn5009 wrote:
I think we can all agree that its a travesty we even need to have this conversation. Its crazy that a person in this sport at...
I think we can all agree that its a travesty we even need to have this conversation. Its crazy that a person in this sport at his level doesn't have a great ride. Everyone out there consistently getting into these main events should be supported and making good money.
stremme12 wrote:
Just one page back on this thread you said " Malcom hasn't done anything on a 450" and now you're saying it's crazy that he doesn't...
Just one page back on this thread you said " Malcom hasn't done anything on a 450" and now you're saying it's crazy that he doesn't have a great ride. I'm having a hard time following your logic.

I'm just shocked by comments like yours implying if the guy doesn't finish on the podium he hasn't done anything in the 450 class then spout off about how great of a level he's on and he deserves a great ride.

I definitely feel like anyone of those main event guys has done something in the 450 class. Malcom has done even more than make a main event. He's had top 5's in SX and he's even had a single moto podium finish in MX. I feel like he's done something.

I guess I'm just hung up on the fact that you think he hasn't done anything on a 450. I disagree with that point. I feel like he's done plenty to prove he has and you even say so yourself that he deserves a great ride. I'm just a little confused by you contradicting yourself.
agn5009 wrote:
I'm not contradicting myself. The reality of the situation is there's not many factory rides available. I believe it's insane that there's not more and that...
I'm not contradicting myself. The reality of the situation is there's not many factory rides available. I believe it's insane that there's not more and that everyone consistently getting into the main isn't supported. I do not like that about this sport but again, its the reality of it.

I have made it clear I like Malcolm and wish him the best. I've also made it clear that I believe he's clearly fast enough and talented enough for a ride. However, if thats what he desires, he needs to go out and prove he wants it like others have in the past (remember Wilson and Barcia having to do exactly that?) Malcolm is NOT in the position to only be doing SX. Theres only a few who could do that and they each have 450 titles to their names. Thats why Reed, J. Stewart and McGrath could do it. I honestly have no issues with what Malcolm is doing as long as it makes him happy. And here's the thing, I dont see Malcolm complaining about it. I feel like he understands this and is perfectly fine with what he's doing which is awesome. Malcolm will more than likely find a great home for the SX season because of his insane abilities on a dirt bike and awesome personality. But, it won't be with team Red Bull KTM unless he agrees to do MX as well. And hey, he very well may do that. Hes said in the past he would like to do it.

Some of you guys get too butt hurt over this stuff. You take one small portion of a statement rather than reading into the entirety of what was said. Welcome to 2020 I suppose.
My point was that I completely disagree that Malcom hasn't done anything on a 450 like you said. That just seems unfair to say that about him.

Not sure what Welcome to 2020 had to do with that other than you trying to be dramatic. Carry on.
visser62
10/7/2020 2:40pm
I guess Brayton shouldn't get a ride either. SX-only and not going to compete for podiums.
CPR
10/7/2020 4:51pm
Always makes me laugh how wound up people get when someone doesn’t do what is expected or conventional.
There’s plenty of different paths in life and if you’re good enough to race a bike for a living and lineup when it suits, then all power to you! Not every elite sportsman is in for the traditional grind it out career, some just have talent and enjoy the competition without ever really fully committing to it being their whole life.
I’m not saying that’s Mookie’s story, but if it is and he’s happy, than good luck to him.

The other factor in this conversation is the world’s current situation: the 2020 season has been far from conventional and never have the SX and MX series been so separate. Given that’s likely to carry on into the 2021 season, I wouldn’t be surprised one bit to see a few unconventional rider contracts.
Johnny Ringo
10/7/2020 6:25pm
visser62 wrote:
I guess Brayton shouldn't get a ride either. SX-only and not going to compete for podiums.
Seemed to land JB a factory ride. I thought teams didn’t like SX Only guys? Weeeeird
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/7/2020 6:56pm
visser62 wrote:
Penrite Honda
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/7/2020 6:57pm
visser62 wrote:
Seemed to land JB a factory ride. I thought teams didn’t like SX Only guys? Weeeeird
JB has no drama that comes with him.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
10/7/2020 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2020 6:59pm
The KTM that Mookie was riding is the closest thing to a GasGas, that is currently I n his garage. GasGas bikes should be here in a few weeks.
Just sayin’ Wink
YZ-MTB
10/7/2020 7:56pm
visser62 wrote:
Brayton's factory Honda ride was a good fit all around since Seeley retired and they wanted Sexton to defend his 250 Sx title before moving up to 450 outdoors. That is more of an exception than the norm, but I like the idea of giving guys like Brayton another shot on a factory SX only deal, while easing guys into their 450 career outdoors rather than throwing them in the deep end in SX as a 450 rookie.
10/7/2020 8:04pm
I cant stand Cooper Webbs attitude. His lame cocky attitude makes me want to see him lose
ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/7/2020 9:16pm
ML512 wrote:
Shane has to go 450 and J-Mart would lean towards a 250 ride but has had contact with at least one 450 effort that I know...
Shane has to go 450 and J-Mart would lean towards a 250 ride but has had contact with at least one 450 effort that I know of about 2021.
JBlain619 wrote:
Considering where he was yesterday, he's pandering to stay 250 for at least another year!
Better tell HEP, they’re looking for a mechanic for him right now.
Motox627!
10/8/2020 4:26am
deluxeman wrote:
Mookie is fun to watch, he can be fast and has a great personality. But hiring him is like dating a girl just because she has...
Mookie is fun to watch, he can be fast and has a great personality. But hiring him is like dating a girl just because she has big boobs but has bad personality. It sure is fun for awhile but then you realize there just isn't enough there to make you want to keep her.

Motoconcepts seemed like a great fit. SX only, really good equipment and he had good results. Mookie isn't a title contender, he can't demand big $$$ and factory bikes, especially only riding SX.

I hope he ends up somewhere on a decent bike.
We can work with a bad personality.... Grinning
MZ193
10/8/2020 4:48am
ML512 wrote:
Shane has to go 450 and J-Mart would lean towards a 250 ride but has had contact with at least one 450 effort that I know...
Shane has to go 450 and J-Mart would lean towards a 250 ride but has had contact with at least one 450 effort that I know of about 2021.
JBlain619 wrote:
Considering where he was yesterday, he's pandering to stay 250 for at least another year!
ML512 wrote:
JMart to HEP?
Lightning78
10/8/2020 8:10am
mh226 wrote:
Red Bull KTM is busy these days prepping for [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/10/07/453269/s1200_E3F537DB_CE6E_400D_865C_9C639B854644.jpg[/img]the next generation
Red Bull KTM is busy these days prepping for the next generation
Lone Wolf #2
yamaha450mx
10/8/2020 8:14am
JBlain619 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
MZ193 wrote:
JMart to HEP?
Shane to HEP i believe is what's happening

Post a reply to: Malcolm Stewart to RedBull KTM?

The Latest