Malcolm Stewart...next year?

Stephon
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 12:35pm
I'm curious where he might end up next year. I'd think he'd at least be on the radar of all the top SX MX teams. The seemingly obvious place might be with James, but I'd hate to see him not doing full MX seasons.
|
mxb2
5/10/2011 5:48am
450. 250?. Guess it depends on what teams have a open slot and money to spend?Wonder what type of money malcom will want?
danman
5/10/2011 6:23am
I'd love to see Mitch step up and sign Malcom. He could help the kid mature a bit, with respect to racing. The kid is fast, seems like a good fit.
sdfog1
5/10/2011 6:29am
I can't see him not being on James' team on a 450. Sounds like they didn't want to make it look like Malcolm had a ride handed to him without proving himself, and now he has proven himself. I could be wrong, though.
huck
5/10/2011 6:36am
Where did he finish in the standings?

The Shop

Stephon
5/10/2011 6:56am
sdfog1 wrote:
I can't see him not being on James' team on a 450. Sounds like they didn't want to make it look like Malcolm had a ride...
I can't see him not being on James' team on a 450. Sounds like they didn't want to make it look like Malcolm had a ride handed to him without proving himself, and now he has proven himself. I could be wrong, though.
I'd rather seen him do the outdoors on a 250F, SX '12 on a 250F and then MAYBE move up to the 450 class for MX '12. I know he's a little large for the 250F, but I think he can learn a lot by taking his time.
Stephon
5/10/2011 6:56am
huck wrote:
Where did he finish in the standings?
7th I think.
Shawn142
5/10/2011 7:01am
I don't see him bumping anyone out of Geico or PC, both those teams are set or have a rider in the pipeline already. Hanny's spot is paid for by Monster, so if he doesn't return next year there won't be a 5th PC bike. So that leaves DNA Yamaha or Rockstar Suzuki who will both have some rider turnover next year. Malcolm would fit into either program.
mx295
5/10/2011 8:16am
danman wrote:
I'd love to see Mitch step up and sign Malcom. He could help the kid mature a bit, with respect to racing. The kid is fast...
I'd love to see Mitch step up and sign Malcom. He could help the kid mature a bit, with respect to racing. The kid is fast, seems like a good fit.
That won't happen.
mac3-d
5/10/2011 8:26am
danman wrote:
I'd love to see Mitch step up and sign Malcom. He could help the kid mature a bit, with respect to racing. The kid is fast...
mx295 wrote:
That won't happen.
totally agree Mitch is still hurt because kawasaki kept big brother (altho hes smaller) on factory kx instead of PC kx .Time for payback !!!Unsure
Shawn142
5/10/2011 8:39am
mac3-d wrote:
totally agree Mitch is still hurt because kawasaki kept big brother (altho hes smaller) on factory kx instead of PC kx .Time for payback !!!Unsure
I wouldn't even go that deep really. What PC rider are you going to drop that Malcolm outperforms?
mx295
5/10/2011 8:42am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2011 8:46am
mac3-d wrote:
Shawn142 wrote:
I wouldn't even go that deep really. What PC rider are you going to drop that Malcolm outperforms?
I heard that Big James is really hard to deal with
5/10/2011 8:45am
Shawn142 wrote:
hanny will be on hart and huntington next year.
time for rattray to move up. (did he point out yet or do they let people stay forever?)
that leaves room for zach freeburg to come up from amatures and mookie. IMO
Shawn142
5/10/2011 9:44am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2011 9:45am
hanny will be on hart and huntington next year. time for rattray to move up. (did he point out yet or do they let people stay...
time for rattray to move up. (did he point out yet or do they let people stay forever?)
Monster fronts Hanny's ride, so without him PC is a 4 rider team. I'm no insider but once Hanny is gone (hopefully next year) my guess is there will be no replacement or 5th rider.

While Rattray is 28 or something, he has only been here 2 years and hasn't finished most of those seasons. So no, he's not pointing out anytime soon. And outdoors he's a threat for the title as much as his teammates are.
5/10/2011 10:11am
Shawn142 wrote:
Monster fronts Hanny's ride, so without him PC is a 4 rider team. I'm no insider but once Hanny is gone (hopefully next year) my guess...
Monster fronts Hanny's ride, so without him PC is a 4 rider team. I'm no insider but once Hanny is gone (hopefully next year) my guess is there will be no replacement or 5th rider.

While Rattray is 28 or something, he has only been here 2 years and hasn't finished most of those seasons. So no, he's not pointing out anytime soon. And outdoors he's a threat for the title as much as his teammates are.
hmm, seems like rattray has been here forever. i know outdoors is his thing, never said it wasnt. too be honest, i dont think tickle will be a threat outdoors. but thats besides the point.
Spat24
Fantasy
856th
5/10/2011 10:30am
He needs to stay on a 250 for at least another year. He was too inconsistent this year but showed good speed. Another year on the 250 will build his skills and confidence. I hope he ends up on Rockstar Suzuki becasue I think he has a shot at winning races and will be in the hunt for a championship.
jeffro503
5/10/2011 10:32am Edited Date/Time 5/10/2011 10:33am
I don't know where he will land a ride at , but Malcom has a huge amount of talent!

With that being said , I have big hopes for Malcom and a great career. If he can some how stay out of that logic of "Always trying to be the fastest" rider thing , like his big brother has , he will win some titles I think....or at least stay a contender.

I hope some really good team manager scoops him up and teaches him the keys to consistency! He tasted the dirt a bunch this SX season ( like a lot of rookies do ) , But Malcom has a butt load of talent on that bike.

If he figures out how to harness it......he's gonna be really , really good!
MelonFan123
5/10/2011 11:16am
curious to see where he ends up and wondering if Big James has any sort of negative affect on the potential of the larger satellite teams wanting Malcolm. Not sure if this was ever widely discussed but i know they ruffled some feathers at Suzuki City team by not running RG3 suspensiona and components (team sponsor and partial owner i believe) and insisting on running PC stuff.

i'm a fan of Malcolm and want to see him do well. I see him as kind of an "underdog" with all the uncertain expectations associated with being the younger brother to a super star, so i'm rooting for him

Another factor is ARMA, who I know is planning on using in-store displays featuring Malcolm. Not sure if he has a long term deal with them, but it would be a conflict for another team that already has an energy sponsor (PC/Monster, DNA/Yamah, Rockstar/Suzuki)
5/10/2011 12:36pm
hanny will be on hart and huntington next year. time for rattray to move up. (did he point out yet or do they let people stay...
Why cant Rattray stay forever? They let Morias. How has he not pointed out?
mac3-d
5/10/2011 2:31pm
Shawn142 wrote:
Monster fronts Hanny's ride, so without him PC is a 4 rider team. I'm no insider but once Hanny is gone (hopefully next year) my guess...

yes Ratray is 28 Tickle is 20 & Hansen is 100 Wink
MX_Andrew83
5/10/2011 4:35pm
If they move Mookie up to the 450 class, we can refer to them as the Bash Brothers. All kidding aside, I would like to see Malcolm put in another solid year as a lites rider, and get some consistant results. For his size he really makes the 250 go fast.
mag23
5/10/2011 4:59pm
damn guys... this was Rattray's first year in sx. Already wanting him moved up? Really?
mag23
5/10/2011 5:01pm
sdfog1 wrote:
I can't see him not being on James' team on a 450. Sounds like they didn't want to make it look like Malcolm had a ride...
I'm thinkin, the only thing he's proven so far, is that he's gonna end up with some pretty good chiropractor bills later in life.

Post a reply to: Malcolm Stewart...next year?

The Latest