Malcolm Stewart interview

Related:
Create New Tag

10/22/2016 12:30 PM

|

10/22/2016 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2016 12:35 PM

He takes an interesting position re: missing the outdoors.

I hope he can find a ride. James too

|

10/22/2016 12:37 PM

Both brothers should listen to what Dungey said at MEC. SX-only deals is really bad.

|

#1
KX125

10/22/2016 12:39 PM

HenryA wrote:

Both brothers should listen to what Dungey said at MEC. SX-only deals is really bad.

Reed isn't listening

|

10/22/2016 12:43 PM

no Mookie, no bubba, no bogle no .................. Diana Dahlgren, its getting sad.

|

2 Stroke, Drum Brakes, Finned Cylinders!!!

10/22/2016 12:48 PM

ctbale wrote:

no Mookie, no bubba, no bogle no .................. Diana Dahlgren, its getting sad.

Bogle will be on RCH, I think.

|

10/22/2016 1:19 PM

This is from Transworld.

UDPATE: As of late October, Stewart’s deal with the team is still unsigned.

It could just be wording but notice it says Stewarts deal, not the 450 deal. Unsigned means he has a contract and has not signed it to me.

|

10/22/2016 1:27 PM

HenryA wrote:

Both brothers should listen to what Dungey said at MEC. SX-only deals is really bad.

zehn wrote:

Reed isn't listening

I think Reed has paid his dues. Malcom on the other hand..

|

RIDEMPS.COM

[LINK TO IMAGE]

10/22/2016 1:28 PM

zehn wrote:

Reed isn't listening

Reed isn't a legitimate threat. He's in a mentorship role. And he's one person out of what, 100 or so pro riders lining up for sx/Mx in the 250/ 450 class. Hardly someone to be the example of an SX only contract.

|

10/22/2016 1:33 PM

HenryA wrote:

Both brothers should listen to what Dungey said at MEC. SX-only deals is really bad.

zehn wrote:

Reed isn't listening

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Reed isn't a legitimate threat. He's in a mentorship role. And he's one person out of what, 100 or so pro riders lining up for sx/Mx in the 250/ 450 class. Hardly someone to be the example of an SX only contract.

Tell Reed that. He'd disagree. Still a podium threat.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

10/22/2016 1:49 PM

HenryA wrote:

Both brothers should listen to what Dungey said at MEC. SX-only deals is really bad.

zehn wrote:

Reed isn't listening

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Reed isn't a legitimate threat. He's in a mentorship role. And he's one person out of what, 100 or so pro riders lining up for sx/Mx in the 250/ 450 class. Hardly someone to be the example of an SX only contract.

If there was ever a time for my "llama stare" gif, it's after reading your first sentence........

|

10/22/2016 3:59 PM

Somethings not right, I hate to play victim but does Malcolm being James brother have anything to do with not getting signed ?

He won a championship ffs...

|

10/22/2016 4:01 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

Somethings not right, I hate to play victim but does Malcolm being James brother have anything to do with not getting signed ?

He won a championship ffs...

I wanna see him on a good ride too. But the title argument is kind of a tough one when you look at the number of current 450 riders that also have 250 titles. It's damn near all of them

|



10/22/2016 4:14 PM

I mean no offense to Bogle but he shouldn't of won his title. I think adam got hurt. Then Blake got hurt then davalos got hurt? Something like that and he got the Geico ride then possibly RCH. Malcolm proved he can ride motocross on a 450. He should have a ride

|

10/22/2016 4:18 PM

No disrespect to Bogle. I love Bogle just think if he gets 2 Factory deals Malcolm deserves one.

|

10/22/2016 4:27 PM

The outdoor comment sucks... Of course it matters.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


10/22/2016 4:34 PM

Ha, ha, yeah I'm sure if he won the outdoor title he would have difficulty getting a ride...

|

10/22/2016 4:53 PM

It would be interesting to know how much his old man mettled in all of this. It's an unfortunate, but I have to think that this situation was avoidable at some point.

|

10/22/2016 5:01 PM

Wow. He doesn't get it. If he wanted a ride, he should have ridden the Outdoors

|

10/22/2016 5:06 PM

ctbale wrote:

no Mookie, no bubba, no bogle no .................. Diana Dahlgren, its getting sad.

Sounds like Monster Truck Racing smile

|

10/22/2016 6:29 PM

TerryB wrote:

Wow. He doesn't get it. If he wanted a ride, he should have ridden the Outdoors

You going to throw him a factory bike for that?

|

10/22/2016 6:44 PM

With JGR going with Zook, will Factory Yamaha sign another 450F rider (3 SX riders, 2 MX riders)?

|

bd

10/22/2016 7:55 PM

I like Malcolm but taking the summer off when your career is only ten years anyway, without a deal lined up is not too smart.

|

10/22/2016 8:37 PM

FARANG wrote:

I like Malcolm but taking the summer off when your career is only ten years anyway, without a deal lined up is not too smart.

Fill me in here because I have no clue, did Mookie skip the nats because he didn't have a ride? Or did he have a ride and skipped because he didn't want to race them?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

10/22/2016 8:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/22/2016 8:41 PM

"I felt I did a good enough job to deserve a ride. I don’t understand how I didn’t get picked".

Kind of wonder where he thought he would end up after choosing to sit out racing all summer ?
|

I like knobby tires

10/22/2016 9:00 PM

bd wrote:

With JGR going with Zook, will Factory Yamaha sign another 450F rider (3 SX riders, 2 MX riders)?

why? Yamaha didnt pay for JGR's budget, therefore they wont have the money to field a 3rd imho

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

10/23/2016 1:35 AM

bd wrote:

With JGR going with Zook, will Factory Yamaha sign another 450F rider (3 SX riders, 2 MX riders)?

kiwifan wrote:

why? Yamaha didnt pay for JGR's budget, therefore they wont have the money to field a 3rd imho

Sure about Yamaha not investing into JGR? Could of sworn JBone stated JGR was taking an initial loss with the change. Furthermore, Yamaha just went to 4 viable 450 riders in SX to two. Don't give me the Tommy Hahan crap.

One fucking rider in 450 MX nationals. What happens if Webb gets hurt?

|

bd

10/23/2016 2:05 AM

HenryA wrote:

Both brothers should listen to what Dungey said at MEC. SX-only deals is really bad.

zehn wrote:

Reed isn't listening

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Reed isn't a legitimate threat. He's in a mentorship role. And he's one person out of what, 100 or so pro riders lining up for sx/Mx in the 250/ 450 class. Hardly someone to be the example of an SX only contract.

Reed starts out with a little momentum. I think he could be in the mix.. I Wouldnt write him off yet ..

|

10/23/2016 2:38 AM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

I mean no offense to Bogle but he shouldn't of won his title. I think adam got hurt. Then Blake got hurt then davalos got hurt? Something like that and he got the Geico ride then possibly RCH. Malcolm proved he can ride motocross on a 450. He should have a ride

Yeah, he would never win a title, pure luck.

|

10/23/2016 2:49 AM

FARANG wrote:

I like Malcolm but taking the summer off when your career is only ten years anyway, without a deal lined up is not too smart.

gt80rider wrote:

Fill me in here because I have no clue, did Mookie skip the nats because he didn't have a ride? Or did he have a ride and skipped because he didn't want to race them?

The Stewart's have never been big on transparency but it sounds like his choice. His words below..

No, because I felt the way this sport works—if I didn’t do the outdoor—it shouldn’t matter. If I won a championship outdoors or indoors, it shouldn’t change at all. That’s how I look at it. A lot of people pick riders who are all-round, but I have proven I can race outdoors and I didn’t race outdoors because I was on a little bike. Being on a little bike and being 200 pounds, that is a struggle on my part. So I decided to sit it out and wait for something to happen and this is where I am now

|