Malcolm Stewart Talks Suzukis & A2

TeamGreen
1/19/2017 5:15pm
Shiner wrote:
Andrew short rode out of a sprinter van and won Seattle SX a week later. You don't need a big truck to do big things!
ML512 wrote:
Andrew Short's stuff was transported to the race the week before in a sprinter, then he pitted out of Honda's rig at Seattle (factory bike btw)...
Andrew Short's stuff was transported to the race the week before in a sprinter, then he pitted out of Honda's rig at Seattle (factory bike btw). Just clearing that up.
kwenske321 wrote:
Can you please shed some light on the Yoshimura motor with FMF exhaust? Is there any validity to this? Is it common? If I had to...
Can you please shed some light on the Yoshimura motor with FMF exhaust? Is there any validity to this? Is it common? If I had to guess, yoshimura wouldn't be developing motors with their competitors product in mind!
HRC motor via American Honda, Torrance, CA.
FARANG
1/19/2017 5:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 6:06pm
I say Good Luck to him. Sure there are some inconsistencies from what he's said in the past but hey, he's a Stewart so just take it all with a pinch of salt and smile.

I'm interested to see how he does. It's a big step up in competition from that 250 title with not much time to prepare his non-factory bike. When Tomac is getting 6th place, you know it's stacked. If he gets top 10 that will be a great result IMO.

Katoomey
1/19/2017 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 5:29pm
Shiner wrote:
Andrew short rode out of a sprinter van and won Seattle SX a week later. You don't need a big truck to do big things!
ML512 wrote:
Andrew Short's stuff was transported to the race the week before in a sprinter, then he pitted out of Honda's rig at Seattle (factory bike btw)...
Andrew Short's stuff was transported to the race the week before in a sprinter, then he pitted out of Honda's rig at Seattle (factory bike btw). Just clearing that up.
kwenske321 wrote:
Can you please shed some light on the Yoshimura motor with FMF exhaust? Is there any validity to this? Is it common? If I had to...
Can you please shed some light on the Yoshimura motor with FMF exhaust? Is there any validity to this? Is it common? If I had to guess, yoshimura wouldn't be developing motors with their competitors product in mind!
it's a fuckin exhaust. how different do you think they are? Christ, I can't believe how many of you have brought this up. it is so pedestrian and so unimportant I can't even make sense of these inquiries.

#ignorant

The Shop

Pdub
1/19/2017 5:38pm
Shiner wrote:
Do you seriously think there were multiple offers from multiple manufacturers on the table? If so when do you think those offers expired? Early December when...
Do you seriously think there were multiple offers from multiple manufacturers on the table? If so when do you think those offers expired? Early December when all spots were filled. We're now 2.5 weeks past A1.

Get it yet?
I'm not talking about pre-season offers. I thought you got that.
Shiner
1/19/2017 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 6:19pm
Shiner wrote:
ML512 wrote:
I believe he was in a sprinter van at some point in the season via racerx interview. I'm sure Malcolm's setup can't be that far off of what his brother ran at Factory Suzuki/Yoshimura with Showa the past three years.
1/19/2017 6:04pm
He would love a fill-in ride, but turned down a fill in ride for JGR? Something seems off about this article.
kkawboy14
1/19/2017 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 7:10pm
He PURCHASED a yosh motor......he can bolt on any pipe he wants!
Shiner
1/19/2017 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 6:10pm
Shiner wrote:
Do you seriously think there were multiple offers from multiple manufacturers on the table? If so when do you think those offers expired? Early December when...
Do you seriously think there were multiple offers from multiple manufacturers on the table? If so when do you think those offers expired? Early December when all spots were filled. We're now 2.5 weeks past A1.

Get it yet?
Pdub wrote:
I'm not talking about pre-season offers. I thought you got that.
No, I missed the mid season/post season offer announcement??
Shiner
1/19/2017 6:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 6:46pm
I don't think it was a coincidence they missed A1. The amount of press would've been less to nothing compared to what they're going to get this weekend. Just a thought..
captmoto
1/19/2017 6:45pm
Whatever works for him. I saw him at Milestone with quite a few other names. What was interesting is that he just kept going round and round and round. Others were pulling off for tweaks on their bikes but Malcolm just kept going around.
I know, cool story bro.
cali11
1/19/2017 6:49pm
Shiner wrote:
I don't think it was a coincidence they missed A1. The amount of press would've been less to nothing compared to what they're going to get...
I don't think it was a coincidence they missed A1. The amount of press would've been less to nothing compared to what they're going to get this weekend. Just a thought..
The Stewart's are always going to get plenty of Press. If he wound of showed up at A1 he'd been sitting in Josh Grants chair at the Press conference.
PRM31
1/19/2017 7:09pm
How did the factory teams race all those years out of box vans? An 18-wheeler is NOT an absolute necessity.
gti
1/19/2017 7:20pm
It is strange that he made it sound that if he wasn't given a Free bike,none of this 2017 sx season would be happening.
Shiner
1/19/2017 7:20pm
Shiner wrote:
I don't think it was a coincidence they missed A1. The amount of press would've been less to nothing compared to what they're going to get...
cali11 wrote:
The Stewart's are always going to get plenty of Press. If he wound of showed up at A1 he'd been sitting in Josh Grants chair at...
The Stewart's are always going to get plenty of Press. If he wound of showed up at A1 he'd been sitting in Josh Grants chair at the Press conference.
Exactly
jemcee
1/19/2017 7:45pm
I wonder who 'that kid' is and I wonder who 'that kid's father is who was nice enough to give him a bike with absolutely no requirement for any promotion whatsoever
Pdub
1/19/2017 8:50pm
Shiner wrote:
No, I missed the mid season/post season offer announcement??
Hmm. You act like you're in the know, now I wonder if you even read Racer X...
bq_365
1/19/2017 11:18pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 11:19pm
Come on guys, let's just all get along and be pumped to see your East coast 250 champ back out there!

Keep an eye out for a team intro video tomorrow morning!

Come by the RIDE365.com Stewart Racing semi on Saturday and see us, as well!
MotoX85
1/19/2017 11:30pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2017 11:32pm
OR Racer46 wrote:
What a complete load of BS . So you are telling me that Malcolm's season all hinged on some kid they give gear to . He...
What a complete load of BS . So you are telling me that Malcolm's season all hinged on some kid they give gear to . He didn't have 5999 for a RMZ ? And then he can't even say who gave him a bike. . Ok
Not a real big Mookie fan but that part of the interview is 100% fact. I know the kid and I know the dealership, personally. And Mookie offered to mention him but said it wasn't needed. This dealer has done this for several riders.
mx216
1/19/2017 11:38pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
I always thought that truck Weston used a few years back was pretty cool. Anyone happen to have any pictures of that one?

Here it is right before parking at A1 2014
NZ272
1/20/2017 12:22am
bq_365 wrote:
Come on guys, let's just all get along and be pumped to see your East coast 250 champ back out there! Keep an eye out for...
Come on guys, let's just all get along and be pumped to see your East coast 250 champ back out there!

100% Go the 47.
Rotaholic
1/20/2017 1:31am
Pumped for you bq_365, it's gonna be awesome seeing another Suzuki out there. Your gonna have to come back to New Zealand and do another race, I'm sure BT101 has a Suzuki you can throw a leg over
1/20/2017 3:08am
bq_365 wrote:
Come on guys, let's just all get along and be pumped to see your East coast 250 champ back out there! Keep an eye out for...

Thanks BQ for helping to make this deal happen. Despite some of the comments, most would understand the logistics of getting all the equipment and personnel required to be somewhat competitive to each meeting, criss-crossing the country would be near impossible without your help. I'm pumped to see Malcolm line up and excited to see what he can deliver, taking into account the total lack of set-up and development. There's some solid contributors on board so the only question this weekend will be how well his team can piece together an untested package, show up and be on or near the money. Bring on that Mookie fever!
flatout111
1/20/2017 3:51am Edited Date/Time 1/20/2017 3:56am
bq_365 wrote:

Thanks so much for helping make this happen, Brett. James and Malcolm are my favorite riders so I am super excited to see Malcolm out there, the new video series and what the future holds for Ride365 Seven MX Stewart Racing!

And I like the silver/,gray on the bike! Nice and clean.
web mx
1/21/2017 10:13am
mmain62 wrote:
So was it Jace Owen's dad who gave him the bikes? His dad owns a bike dealer in Mattoon IL and Jace is a SEVEN guy...
So was it Jace Owen's dad who gave him the bikes? His dad owns a bike dealer in Mattoon IL and Jace is a SEVEN guy right? I hope the best for both Stew Bros personally. Not a die hard fan but who are we as riders to judge these guys.
I don't know if it Owen's dealership or not but jace wears Fly racing gear not Seven

Post a reply to: Malcolm Stewart Talks Suzukis & A2

The Latest