Malcolm Stewart Privateer effort?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/8/2020 8:41 AM

If you check out @malcolmstewart Instagram account it looks like Malcolm is no longer with MotoConcepts and he might be on a Kawi for 2021 SX season.

I thought MotoConcepts and Malcolm was such a good fit since he does not have any plans to do outdoors anymore even though he said he wanted to if a team give him a fill in ride.

I understand his loyalty to James gear brand but it’s hurting his chance being on a team. I’m sure his big brother will understand if he wore other gear in order to get a ride with a team I’m sure he does not want to see Malcolm struggle.

|

9/8/2020 9:00 AM

Yeah i saw that too. If you look closely, that bike is actually just a black and mint green Honda.

|

9/8/2020 9:03 AM

I think Malcolm is a great rider, but why do they continue to have issues either getting or keeping a ride?

Something tells me the Stewart's bring this on themselves somehow.

|

9/8/2020 9:06 AM

mxrose3 wrote:

Yeah i saw that too. If you look closely, that bike is actually just a black and mint green Honda.

no, it's 100% a Kawi

|

9/8/2020 9:07 AM

mxrose3 wrote:

It’s the 2017 Kawasaki 450 that he was going to race coming into the 450 class.

|

9/8/2020 9:40 AM

Is he planning to do some nationals or is he just using for training?

|

9/8/2020 9:53 AM

I was going to say he might be training for some overseas SX, but doubtful that they take place or have American riders.

|

9/8/2020 10:03 AM

Pictures for reference Photo
Photo

|

9/8/2020 10:03 AM

I think their “management” and business Bro’s have hampered a lot of deals for him over the years.....

|

Washed up moto and enduro weekend warrior.

9/8/2020 10:08 AM

I was wondering if he had the chance at the Gas Gas ride, would he race outdoors and run TLD gear? He may be running out of options and he isn’t getting any younger.

|

9/8/2020 10:15 AM

mxrose3 wrote:

Kennyfreemoney wrote:

no, it's 100% a Kawi

sorry, was looking at the wrong pic

|

9/8/2020 10:18 AM

MxKing809 wrote:

I think their “management” and business Bro’s have hampered a lot of deals for him over the years.....

wonder if this is true.

when james went pro in the early 00's there was alot of money flowing into and around the sport and those days are way in the rear view mirror

i get that everyone wants to make as much as possible but there aint enough to go around anymore

|

9/8/2020 10:31 AM

oops i thought it was a honda too

|

9/8/2020 10:51 AM

mx 219 wrote:

I think Malcolm is a great rider, but why do they continue to have issues either getting or keeping a ride?

Something tells me the Stewart's bring this on themselves somehow.

I've heard that a lot of that is because if you get Mookie, you also get Big James. I was a huge James Stewart fanboy, but that came up more than a few times as a reason some teams didn't want to sign James. Big James is a doting father to his boys...and he loves them, but it sounds like he kinda tries to run the show.

|

9/8/2020 10:58 AM

Maybe he is just warming up for some team try outs? Probably going for the Honda ride against Keefer and Mathes.

|

9/8/2020 11:01 AM

It's a last gen KX. Old pic.

|

9/8/2020 11:14 AM

Looks like it’s a leftover from whenever he was putting his own deal together. Maybe what he would have rode if he didn’t fill in at jgr.

|

9/8/2020 11:23 AM

More people making stuff up on Vital. You have no idea what Malcolm is doing. He posted an older photo and now he's doing a privateer deal on Kawasaki. Suddenly he won't take a deal because of gear, he won't ride outdoors and nobody will hire him because of his daddy. How do you know anything about the Stewart family's personal management? Have you ever had in depth conversation with any member of the Stewart families? Do you know that no one has offered him a deal? Do you know specifically what deal he has with Seven gear? Money is tight in moto racing. The season isn't over yet and next season may have problems.

|

9/8/2020 11:54 AM

Said its done deal with Blue Star Yamaha for 2021? He have to practice with own bikes before getting into that deal?
Or this is just Seven PR and he is riding blue bike without anyone filming it yet.

|

9/8/2020 11:58 AM

rdrurypi wrote:

I was wondering if he had the chance at the Gas Gas ride, would he race outdoors and run TLD gear? He may be running out of options and he isn’t getting any younger.

I don't see him leaving seven.

|

Unleaded tastes a little tangy. Supreme is kinda sour, and diesel tastes pretty good.

9/8/2020 12:11 PM

tek14 wrote:

Said its done deal with Blue Star Yamaha for 2021? He have to practice with own bikes before getting into that deal?
Or this is just Seven PR and he is riding blue bike without anyone filming it yet.

We’re is this done deal with star coming from? I only heard it on vital forum no we’re else. Also if you go to Steve Mathews Twitter and the way he talks it sounds like that deal feel through.

|

9/8/2020 12:18 PM

Gas Gas E-bike. Let it happen. Big changes coming...

|

2015 Beta 500 RS, history: 99 KTM 300, 87 CR250, 84 KLR 600, 82 GPZ 550, 81 KX 250, 80 KX 250, 79 Montesa 414 VE, 78 250 VB, 77 360 VB, 76 360 VA, 75 YZ 125, 74 TM 125, 72 TS 125, 60's West Bend Go Boy Kart

9/8/2020 12:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/8/2020 12:24 PM

Well if Yamaha resigned Barcia then Mookie will not be doing Yamahas

|

9/8/2020 5:49 PM

Never use effort and Moodie in the same sentence come pre season time

|

9/8/2020 6:05 PM

Looks like the newest gen Dunlop front tire to me.

|

9/8/2020 7:39 PM

tek14 wrote:

Brandon_Lake wrote:

We’re is this done deal with star coming from? I only heard it on vital forum no we’re else. Also if you go to Steve Mathews Twitter and the way he talks it sounds like that deal feel through.

I don't like being the English police but your response is painful to read. It's WHERE not WE'RE and FELL not FEEL. And who is this Steve Mathews guy you speak of?

|

2018 KX450F
2005 KX250
2003 KDX 220
1984 KX 80
1982 RM 80
1980 RM 80
1977 XR 75
1969 Honda Mini 50

9/8/2020 7:53 PM

OLDMOTO wrote:

More people making stuff up on Vital. You have no idea what Malcolm is doing. He posted an older photo and now he's doing a privateer deal on Kawasaki. Suddenly he won't take a deal because of gear, he won't ride outdoors and nobody will hire him because of his daddy. How do you know anything about the Stewart family's personal management? Have you ever had in depth conversation with any member of the Stewart families? Do you know that no one has offered him a deal? Do you know specifically what deal he has with Seven gear? Money is tight in moto racing. The season isn't over yet and next season may have problems.

It’s not and old picture though lol look at the gear and helmet. Unless shoei and 7 made that set up 3 years ago and only let mookie wear it to post an Instagram pic years later. I agree with some of your post. But a lot of what your questioning is pretty well known knowledge. But thanks for pointing out that moto is expensive and the season isn’t over yet haha

|

9/8/2020 8:50 PM

OLDMOTO wrote:

xrmark wrote:

It’s not and old picture though lol look at the gear and helmet. Unless shoei and 7 made that set up 3 years ago and only let mookie wear it to post an Instagram pic years later. I agree with some of your post. But a lot of what your questioning is pretty well known knowledge. But thanks for pointing out that moto is expensive and the season isn’t over yet haha

In the image he is sitting on a 2017 KX450F. The gear may be new and the photo more recent but nothing in my statement is inaccurate. There have been no announcements of a privateer team that I have seen.
When did Malcolm state what he is doing next season?
How is it known that he is going privateer on a Kawasaki? Where did this information originate?
He turned down offers because of the gear, what offer and from who?
He turned down a ride outdoors? Who offered it to him and when?
How is it known that his father is preventing him from obtaining a contract? Again where and when did this information originate?
What is the source of the inside information on the Stewart family?
What does his contract with Seven state?
Money and rides are tight in this sport. There are going to be good riders out of a job at the end of this season.
The outcome of this season will have an effect on signings.
Next year may be abbreviated, rescheduled or God forbid be canceled. It still remains to be seen.
Rumors, wishes and opinions are not facts.
Roczen hasn't announced he's retiring or taking next season off. He said he's skipping this outdoors for his health and the birth of his baby.
Nobody knows yet where Barcia is going maybe not even Barcia, its speculation.
McElrath has stated he does not have a deal for the 450s and said nothing else.
No one knows whats going on in Tomacs brain other than Eli and perhaps his inner circle.
Dungey hasn't told anyone publicly he's going to race again.
KTM, GasGas, Troy Lee, RMATV, Yamaha and Star haven't announced anything. Here again its people being wishful, hopeful, expressing opinion or repeating rumors.

|

9/8/2020 9:05 PM

Man , I get why people are quite vocal and loyal fans of his but geeez. At what point do results matter?

|

9/8/2020 9:14 PM

is it true tony isnt there anymore either?

|