Malcolm Smith

Edited Date/Time 1/28/2019 11:34pm
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/28/2019 3:15pm
I always knew golf was dangerous.

Maybe a few folks here know it, but I used to work for Malcolm just after I got out of high school. I'd pick orders, do shipping, etc...usual warehouse stuff. The funny part was that we had shopping carts with handlebars mounted on them, and used skateboards behind them, so we could fly around the warehouse. It also made for great training when you were wrestling a cart full of chains or tires for an order.

Malcolm's a legend. Hope he gets well soon.
TymeMoto
1/28/2019 3:17pm
GuyB wrote:
I always knew golf was dangerous. Maybe a few folks here know it, but I used to work for Malcolm just after I got out of...
I always knew golf was dangerous.

Maybe a few folks here know it, but I used to work for Malcolm just after I got out of high school. I'd pick orders, do shipping, etc...usual warehouse stuff. The funny part was that we had shopping carts with handlebars mounted on them, and used skateboards behind them, so we could fly around the warehouse. It also made for great training when you were wrestling a cart full of chains or tires for an order.

Malcolm's a legend. Hope he gets well soon.
Good stuff

The Shop

Mr. Info
1/28/2019 4:44pm
Malcolm had surgery Saturday in Vegas and if all goes well he should be home before the end of the week.
Forty
1/28/2019 5:55pm
Damn. One of my favorites for sure. Hope he has a 100% recovery.
KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
1/28/2019 6:12pm Edited Date/Time 1/28/2019 6:13pm
I’m so old that when I traded in a Yamaha 90mx on a new Penton 125 at K&N motorcycles Malcom is the one that came outside and hopped on my bike to test ride it. Blasted up and down the street in front of his shop, came back and said $130. I’ll nevwr forget that day. Right after we had seen him in the original On Any Sunday. Ran into him several times over the years and he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I hope he heals up quickly

And just a heads up to Malcolm fans. He has a excellent book about his life. Full of amazing stories that I had never heard before
7I3N
1/28/2019 6:52pm
KennyT wrote:
I’m so old that when I traded in a Yamaha 90mx on a new Penton 125 at K&N motorcycles Malcom is the one that came outside...
I’m so old that when I traded in a Yamaha 90mx on a new Penton 125 at K&N motorcycles Malcom is the one that came outside and hopped on my bike to test ride it. Blasted up and down the street in front of his shop, came back and said $130. I’ll nevwr forget that day. Right after we had seen him in the original On Any Sunday. Ran into him several times over the years and he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. I hope he heals up quickly

And just a heads up to Malcolm fans. He has a excellent book about his life. Full of amazing stories that I had never heard before
I just finished his book a few weeks ago. It's a great read! I hope he heals up quickly.

dan.karp.5
1/28/2019 7:22pm
I live 6 miles from the hospital in Pahrump, it is a very basic service hospital. It does not have a trauma center. Both my parents have been flown by helicopter to umc in vegas because the Pahrump hospital couldn't handle their health concerns. If you have anything more than a broken bone they fly you to vegas.

Post a reply to: Malcolm Smith

The Latest